The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I understand that it's the way things are, but I have a six-figure (meaning action figures not dollar amount, thank God) Dorkside order that is waiting to ship for the last pre-ordered figure to come in (Koska). It's annoying that every other figure in that order is $5-$8 cheaper right now than I paid for it, even though I will likely get them after the Black Friday orders arrive.

Again, that's on me for grouping together preorders that I thought would arrive around the same time. But I wanted to vent some annoyance at myself for the pretty predictable turn of events. I'll be back to complain when six or seven of the new 8-figure wave I just preordered all go on deep discount sometime around May 4th.
This is why I don't mess with DST anymore. Honestly, BBTS hasn't been all that much better lately, either...

Reaction score
This is why I don't mess with DST anymore. Honestly, BBTS hasn't been all that much better lately, either...
It's not the companies, it this pre-order bollix that has become the norm for buying this junk.

I'd love to see an end to it to be honest, because it's getting more and more ridiculous with each passing year. Sell the bloody toys when they begin arrive at the warehouse.

It's got to a point where I just won't pre order anything any more and if I miss out, then I miss out.

Reaction score
It's not the companies, it this pre-order bollix that has become the norm for buying this junk.

I'd love to see an end to it to be honest, because it's getting more and more ridiculous with each passing year. Sell the bloody toys when they begin arrive at the warehouse.

It's got to a point where I just won't pre order anything any more and if I miss out, then I miss out.

Very much agree on this.
And it annoys me to such a degree which is only enhanced by not having the option to deselect PO's online.
I've also conquered my FOMO (honestly it's not hard atm with what's being presented to us)

Last edited:
Reaction score

I basically done with TBS, only waiting on Koska to arrive from Pulse sometime next week. After that I currently have no TBS figures on pre-order and went through and canceled them all. Based on current low prices at several places for them after I've already bought them, I will simply wait it out for any future figures I may be interested in going forward.

Reaction score
I basically done with TBS, only waiting on Koska to arrive from Pulse sometime next week. After that I currently have no TBS figures on pre-order and went through and canceled them all. Based on current low prices at several places for them after I've already bought them, I will simply wait it out for any future figures I may be interested in going forward.

I'm with you. Looks like they will never get around to fun creative figures like EV9-D9, Hammer Head, Ananaman and others classic OT characters I have been wanting and or waiting for. I don't need 7 TV show Mandalorain repaints and the constant re-sprays of figures I already have. More for everybody else I suppose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very much agree on this.
And it annoys me to such a degree which is only enhanced by not having the option to deselect PO's online.
I've also conquered my FOMO (honestly it's not hard atm with what's being presented to us)
Agreed. I've been extremely underwhelmed by what I've seen over the past year or so. Can't think of a single BS figure that I considered a must have in that time.

Dunno, maybe I've finally grown up. 😭

Although NECA have made a lovely Frankenstein figure that's very tempting. :unsure:

Reaction score
Yeh. I'm kinda getting there. At the moment I reckon that there'll be the odd figure that I'll really want. But beyond that, I'm just not that interested.

As for pre ordering, I'm done with that completely. I waited for months on the last one I did and by the time it was ready to ship I had already lost interest in a few of the figures in the order. I still haven't take a some of them out of their boxes and TBH they might end up being presents for the nephews at this stage.

I see myself limited to just Imperials and aliens now...and even then they'd want to be fantastic to justify the money these days.

Reaction score
FYI, for anyone who ordered the new wave from DST, they chimed in on the fwoosh forums that they have 400 mixed cases en route already and the rest could be here well before the Mar’22 date listed. They just have no way to guarantee when exactly or what the mix will be of solids vs mixed cases.

Reaction score
You hear this complaint fairly often from OT purists. Personally I’m glad Hasbro mixes it up as much as they do. If they went primarily OT I’d be buying a lot less figures.

It's got nothing to do with OT Purist. It has to do with repaint after repaint and reissue after reissue. This isn't an OT vs ST thing in anyway. I started to post a list of how many times some of these BS figures have been reissued, and the amount was so ridiculous, I didn't even bother. It should be embarrassing to them. If you like repaints and reissue's good for you enjoy them. It looks like Hasbro will fulfill your dreams. I don't and I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way. The choices they are making again and again show a lack of imagination and creativity. They take the easy way out time after time. I also think some of the decisions they make, show that they think, they can take advantage of Star Wars collectors. And I'll add one more thing since there is always shots being made at OT collectors. You had better be glad that OT fans are still around because in my opinion once the OT fans are gone it will all go.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The thing is you're acting like heavy repacks are a new thing when they're not, at least not to anyone who's been collecting SW most of their lives. Repacks hat to happen to TBS at some point just as it happened for 3.75' scale and is the unfortunate nature of the beast if you want new molds. That said this last year felt the heaviest in terms of reuse, yet there has to be a reason for it. Either the line itself isn't doing as well as Fans thing or as much as they front, or they've made a conscious decision to straight up do what any other Money hungry corporation does. Make as much profit with the last possible investment.

You hear this complaint fairly often from OT purists. Personally I’m glad Hasbro mixes it up as much as they do. If they went primarily OT I’d be buying a lot less figures.
I agree, the line should offer to all its fans equally so I was all for "new" characters and always have been which was why I was such a hard core EU proponent. Because after thirty years of the same old figure I wanted some newness, fortunately the PT came along and gave us that or who know what the line would have looked like through the early 2K's.

Now granted I can see why OT would be welcome at the very beginning but at some point they need to encompass all aspects of the Franchise, let face it even though a lot of the younger fans got introduced to the OT most of us who lived it are aging out. Which means they need to keep interest for all those non hard core OT fans, and like it or not new media characters are the future of the Franchise.

Quite frankly it wasn't even OT characters that got me started in TBS line, it was EU and new media characters such as Darth Revan, Thrawn and Rebels crew. That expanded when they started making others from past shows like TCW or the new D+ series. Currently I only have a handful of OT characters in my collection, Chewie, Yoda, Luke, Han and Obi-Wan. I'm still on the fence about a few others but as far as the OT is concerned I really only have a need to represent the core heroes with zero interest in building it out with characters like Cantina patrons, Jabba goons, etc. My space is very limited and only have five shelves in one Ikea stand for TBS and the rest is for my dabbling in other 6" lines.

Reaction score
The big problem for all Star Wars collectors, is Hasbro has both the TVC line and the Black Series line under one team and more importantly, under one budget. The Marvel legends and Transformer team's constantly knock it out of the park with what they put out, and Gi Joe and Power Rangers are starting to catch up to them after a shaky few years, but the Star Wars team always seems to favour one size over the other. Last year Black Series got most of the love and this year it was the TVC line. Until Hasbro gives each line a dedicated design team and its own budget, nothing will change.

Reaction score
Wasn't there supposed to be at least one holiday figure revealed for this year? Getting kind of late for that...

If the figures are stuck on the slow boat from China, I wonder if Hasbro will offer them if they are only available after Christmas? Maybe they would hold them until next Christmas?

Reaction score
If the figures are stuck on the slow boat from China, I wonder if Hasbro will offer them if they are only available after Christmas? Maybe they would hold them until next Christmas?
I wouldn't put it past them to dump them on Amazon with a same-day reveal and sell, like the Artillery Stormtrooper. Can't really have stock just sitting around for a full year...

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past them to dump them on Amazon with a same-day reveal and sell, like the Artillery Stormtrooper. Can't really have stock just sitting around for a full year...
Yeah I expect we’re gonna get a semi-deluge of figures between now and Xmas. Everyone wants to sell as much as they can before the end of the year

Reaction score
Wasn't there supposed to be at least one holiday figure revealed for this year? Getting kind of late for that...
Wasn't there supposed to be a LIfe Day Chewbacca figure or something?

Edit: Never mind. I don't know where I got that idea from? Yakface is reporting that Best Buy (in the US) is getting a holiday figure of some sort, but as you say nothing officially revealed by Hasbro.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wasn't there supposed to be a LIfe Day Chewbacca figure or something?

Edit: Never mind. I don't know where I got that idea from? Yakface is reporting that Best Buy (in the US) is getting a holiday figure of some sort, but as you say nothing officially revealed by Hasbro.
There is a Life Day thing at Disney, but no figures I can see.

Reaction score
Thats terrible. Would have jumped on two if it had the robe. Don't remember much of the game so maybe they didn't wear robes, but it looks terrible. And they really should have changed the hands. I know the GG is just reprints but its going to look ridiculous.

Reaction score
If that was in TFU then it was blink and miss, granted it's been several years since I've played the game but I don't recall seeing a Senate Guard. Especially considering they would have been completely phased out by the time of TFU, so it doesn't really makes sense either.

A totally lazy attempt to reuse this sculpt IMO.

Reaction score
I like it. I don't remember them in the game but I haven't played it since it came out. Star Wars games haven't had much in the way of creative cannon fodder.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I like it, always have like the blue look. I just don't feel it should have taken up a GG slot especially at $27 when it's only a $22 figure at best.

Reaction score
Navigating thru HP My Orders menu is just plain ridiculous. HP just charged my CC and I thought I would take a quick look to see if I could figure out which figures are shipping . Gave up

Reaction score
Yeah totally. Just list whats in each order rather than getting me to go in to every single one. Oh and show whats outstanding. I've got one order for $400 that I panic about seeing every time until I realise it includes some shipped, some cancelled and about 3 figures outstanding.

Reaction score
If that was in TFU then it was blink and miss, granted it's been several years since I've played the game but I don't recall seeing a Senate Guard.

They feature pretty predominantly as Mini-Bosses in the Cloud City along side the Shadow Guards, and as then as common enemies on the Kashyyyk and Death Star I levels in the PS3, XBOX 360, and PC versions of the game.

Imperial_senate_guard.jpg