The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Damn, I am in no position to buy anything right now, but those prices are great!
I also already own pretty much all of the ones currently shown, but this is a good opportunity for people to get their collections caught up.
I impulsively bought eight figures that I’ve been wanting for awhile, but not at full price, like Jaxxon, Lando (Bespin), Rey (Dark Side), etc. Nice to flesh out my 6” collection a bit without breaking the bank.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I already have everything they have on sale except for one figure, nice time to stock up though if you're a wait and see type of collector! Some pretty good sales.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I don't really understand hasbro's issue/plan with the LFL 50 packaging.
So some are getting a mainline release and special packaging and others are only getting a special packaging release.
Why?

The TCW wave for instance, why didn't they get put into the mainline? They are all new, first releases but they don't get a mainline release.

I understand the POTF Greedo, Han, Luke since they are just updates but if they were going to complement the POTF Cantina Showdown box set, why didn't they do them on green cards instead of red?

The Yavin leia is getting both releases.

I think it's just a ploy to charge more.

I don't really want special packaging, or to pay more, I just want the figures.

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone else thinks.

With all those issues within TBS, repacks over repacks, endless repaints, lack on correct details, troubles with everything exclusive, QCIssues, general bad distribution, effects from COVID pendemic,... and now the Rancor incident....

Could we move fast forward right into an unfortunate end of the TBS line ??

Worst case scenario, I know, but I have a bad feeling about this

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone else thinks.

With all those issues within TBS, repacks over repacks, repaints, lack on correct details, troubles with everything exclusive, QCIssues, general bad distribution,... and now the Rancor incident....

Could we move fast forward right into an unfortunate end of the TBS line ??

Worst case scenario, I know, but Inhave a bad feeling about this
Highly unlikely. Despite all the hiccups the 6” line is still making Hasbro money hand over fist.

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the Leia Organa (Yavin 4), Fennec Shand, Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol, Doctor Evazan, Boba Fett (Tython), Ponda Baba, Bib Fortuna and Migs Mayfeld wave going up for pre-order? It's one of the best waves ever and I genuinely want every single figure in the wave.

Any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
Really looking forward to the incoming wave. But I’d kind of sort of like to get the Lando general wave too. I’ve only seen leftover landos twice.

Reaction score
Really looking forward to the incoming wave. But I’d kind of sort of like to get the Lando general wave too. I’ve only seen leftover landos twice.
I hear you, can't await to put a PO on the full Fennec/Baba/Evazan/...-wave myself
And I am still waiting for my PO Sing/Lando/Koska...-wave to show up. Haven't seen anything from that wave in the wild yet, either

Reaction score
I don't really understand hasbro's issue/plan with the LFL 50 packaging.
So some are getting a mainline release and special packaging and others are only getting a special packaging release.
Why?

The TCW wave for instance, why didn't they get put into the mainline? They are all new, first releases but they don't get a mainline release.

I understand the POTF Greedo, Han, Luke since they are just updates but if they were going to complement the POTF Cantina Showdown box set, why didn't they do them on green cards instead of red?

The Yavin leia is getting both releases.

I think it's just a ploy to charge more.

I don't really want special packaging, or to pay more, I just want the figures.
I don't think you're alone in not caring about the special packaging. I know that we have carded/in-box collectors here, but the actual packaging doesn't seem as crucial to TBS fans as the TVC cardback does to the 3.75" crowd. I think everyone has had varying degrees of nostalgia with the 40th anniversary carded releases and now the Lucasfilm 50th packaging from various old lines.

But personally, I didn't get the Greedo release because it was in the POTF2 packaging (as fun as it was to see)...it's because I started collecting too late to get one of the apparently omnipresent original releases. The fact that they changed the mainline box style and, while there was some initial grumbling, almost everyone embraced it tends to show that the type of packaging isn't inherently crucial at this scale.

While perhaps the "special" packaging is an attempt to upcharge on some exclusives and re-releases...it might have led to Hasbro shooting themselves in the foot. The sales of the LFL 50th packaging might have led them to believe that the POTF-with-coin packaging of the Haslab-tier Gamorrean Guard and Jedi Luke would make them super appealing to fans (and soften the blow that new characters people wanted weren't coming). But...they are learning that most of people don't really care about the packaging. We want the figures wot's in them.

Reaction score
In the before times, I'd totally get the entire Wave 31 in a heartbeat, but I HAVE to at least pre-order Ponda and Bib no matter what.
It really is a great wave.
Not that I even have room anymore.

Reaction score
Seeing as Wave 31 is already arriving stateside, I could see them start showing up in stores before preorders go out. Time to start checking Target!

EDIT: Aaaand they're being found at Target. First sighting is from Portland, OR.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The DPCI is pretty worthless unless you’re physically in a store asking an employee to look up stock, right? It doesn’t work on BrickSeek or PopFindr or anything like that

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Correct. I wouldn't say it's worthless though if, like you said, you're in-store. You can still have them check multiple stores at the same time. As far as Brickseek & Popfindr, they're actually both useless for tracking assortment #s at Target regardless. Popfindr is only good at Target for items with a unique individual TCIN number like an exclusive.

Reaction score
^Cool find! I'm trying to decide if it's worth the 70 mile drive to Portland to see if they actually have any stock left tomorrow.
It also feels odd to see these land before the figures that were announce before this wave. lol

Reaction score
^Cool find! I'm trying to decide if it's worth the 70 mile drive to Portland to see if they actually have any stock left tomorrow.
It also feels odd to see these land before the figures that were announce before this wave. lol
Not knowing where in Oregon you are, I'd say just go to your closest Target. Being found in Portland is what made me check my stores, and I'm over 100 miles from there.

Reaction score
Do Hasbro have any handle on their distribution at all? Figures just dropping out of nowhere before they're even announced/put up for preorder. I know things are crazy right now but it's like there's no communication between distribution and marketing

Reaction score
Do Hasbro have any handle on their distribution at all? Figures just dropping out of nowhere before they're even announced/put up for preorder. I know things are crazy right now but it's like there's no communication between distribution and marketing

I suspect this wave was always intended to hit shelves in December, then all of the port congestion issues worsened and the marketing plan was thrown into chaos. Now some ships are docking and offloading at ports other than LA/Long Beach, so perhaps that's what happened here, and product trickled out to the surrounding retail distribution area "early."

Not to give Hasbro SWBS marketing too much of a break, but realistically they have no idea when the stuff sitting on the ocean right now is going to get to port much less store shelves.

Reaction score
If Dorkside ever ships all my preorders at once, my cc is going to take a hit. Lol.

View attachment 406637
I'm real lucky that my go-to store for figures is 100% reliable for getting stuff, so having to pre-order is just not needed. Saves so much hassle due to no sudden hits to the wallet, just order when the item goes live on their website and postman delivers it the next day :D

Reaction score
If Dorkside ever ships all my preorders at once, my cc is going to take a hit. Lol.

View attachment 406637
What’s the deal with Dorkside? I placed my first order with them last Friday for items that were in stock. Today I get an email that I thought would be my shipping notice. Instead, it’s just a notice that they charged my CC. 5 days to charge me? I would have thought the charge would happen when I submitted the order. Is this normal for them?

Reaction score
To my knowledge Dorkside won't charge unless they're ready to ship, so yes that sounds like it could be normal, especially since the Black Friday sale started last Wednesday. I could see them being backed up with orders.

Reaction score
I understand that it's the way things are, but I have a six-figure (meaning action figures not dollar amount, thank God) Dorkside order that is waiting to ship for the last pre-ordered figure to come in (Koska). It's annoying that every other figure in that order is $5-$8 cheaper right now than I paid for it, even though I will likely get them after the Black Friday orders arrive.

Again, that's on me for grouping together preorders that I thought would arrive around the same time. But I wanted to vent some annoyance at myself for the pretty predictable turn of events. I'll be back to complain when six or seven of the new 8-figure wave I just preordered all go on deep discount sometime around May 4th.

Reaction score
To my knowledge Dorkside won't charge unless they're ready to ship, so yes that sounds like it could be normal, especially since the Black Friday sale started last Wednesday. I could see them being backed up with orders.
Yep I ordered a few figures in stock last Saturday for BF, and I still haven’t been charged.

Reaction score
Hasbro Pulse has their Season Savings event on. 11/25-11/29.

Use code HOLIDAY15 for Premium Members 15% off or HOLIDAY10 for non-members (specific items listed only).

Reaction score
I understand that it's the way things are, but I have a six-figure (meaning action figures not dollar amount, thank God) Dorkside order that is waiting to ship for the last pre-ordered figure to come in (Koska). It's annoying that every other figure in that order is $5-$8 cheaper right now than I paid for it, even though I will likely get them after the Black Friday orders arrive.

Again, that's on me for grouping together preorders that I thought would arrive around the same time. But I wanted to vent some annoyance at myself for the pretty predictable turn of events. I'll be back to complain when six or seven of the new 8-figure wave I just preordered all go on deep discount sometime around May 4th.
I did the same just to save on shipping, lol.