The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Chewbacca might be the C-3PO 2-pack version, but it's just as likely to be the original one.

I'm curious what the Han will be though. I suppose it will have to be ANH Han, but that seems odd coming right after the 50th version (although presumably the Archive version will come with all of his accessories, including his flight gloves).

I remain utterly baffled they don't reissue the Sandtrooper. Too many accessories for today's budget?
It could be the Yavin ceremony Han, since the Leia is coming and Luke is already out.

Reaction score
Hasbro treats RBS Like Marvel Legends.

Recycle everything at even the cost of 50% accuracy. "cough, cough Koshka's legs for example" And they can as they're the only ones globally in this scale with no competition.

Until the fans stop giving in at buying half baked figures, this will continue.
And with the price increases, it’s really grating!

Reaction score
The 3 POTF2 Figures are available on ShopDisney. $24.99. Use SHIPMAGIC for free shipping on orders over $75. Disney Visa Card Members, use code DVCCTRICK for 20% off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I used the 20% off for Disney Rewards Visa card holders discount earlier this morning for a couple Greedos and Hans as soon as Yakface posted on IG about it. Ended up being around $21 each + free shipping. Much better than the $29 at Pulse. Not to mention they're "supposedly" in stock, so more than a month earlier than Pulse. ShopDisney shipping is hit-or-miss so hopefully at least one comes in great shape.

Reaction score
Curious to see if the Han photoreal makes it worth upgrading. I suppose the paint on the "flesh" is less pallid looking anyway.

Reaction score
Anyone else seen "Visions" yet ? Out of the nine episodes I liked two, hated one from the very first second...
Anyway, IF Hasbro might waste some resources to do figures based on this, I would love to see, altough I am a hater for the Jaxxon character, Lop w/ Lightsaber and her droid and Imperial Agent Ochi with the Nunchuks

Reaction score
If you're still waiting for the Lando wave, and frustrated with Pulse's delays, keep your eyes on Amazon and Target. In the last few days, Koska Reeves came back up for pre-order at least twice, albeit for a few moments at a time, on Target. I pre-ordered two from there, only to see them reappear on amazon for $22.99 yesterday, in stock. I ordered two from there, and they shipped today. As soon as they arrive, I'm cancelling both the Target & Pulse pre-orders.

Also, about an hour ago, Tech briefly came back up for pre-order at Target, so I got an order in to see which one ships first. If I can nab one in stock from amazon at the regular price (haven't seen him there yet), I'll try for the same thing I did with Reeves. I wonder if this menas people have been cancelling pre-orders as they're getting them in from Amazon & Dorkside, or if it's just a little extra stock popping up here & there.

Reaction score
If you're still waiting for the Lando wave, and frustrated with Pulse's delays, keep your eyes on Amazon and Target. In the last few days, Koska Reeves came back up for pre-order at least twice, albeit for a few moments at a time, on Target. I pre-ordered two from there, only to see them reappear on amazon for $22.99 yesterday, in stock. I ordered two from there, and they shipped today. As soon as they arrive, I'm cancelling both the Target & Pulse pre-orders.

Also, about an hour ago, Tech briefly came back up for pre-order at Target, so I got an order in to see which one ships first. If I can nab one in stock from amazon at the regular price (haven't seen him there yet), I'll try for the same thing I did with Reeves. I wonder if this menas people have been cancelling pre-orders as they're getting them in from Amazon & Dorkside, or if it's just a little extra stock popping up here & there.
That’s crazy since I already have Amazon and Target preorders for these and only Zero and Lando shipped so far.

Reaction score
My Target orders for the Q9/Aurra/Tech/Lando/Koska wave are still slated to be shipped 11/1 after being delayed from September. Considering I was able to get two sets for a little over $16 per figure, I still want to stick it out before ordering them elsewhere at $22.99.

Reaction score
To not derail the Target thread any further I am continuing this topic in this one.

Regarding the old ESB Boba sculpt being used for the "new" paint variant. And more.
That's why it seems curious they're using the older tooling. They've repainted and rereleased it so many times now it surely must have paid for itself many times over, so why not get some re-use from the newer moulds? 🤔

It is also very curious why they are not utilizing the new and superior sculpts for e.g. clone troopers and stormtroopers.
To, as you eloquently put it: Recoup the cost of that new mold.

This was a golden opportunity to do exactly that with that Boba repaint, with the ROTJ body.
And also releasing both old and new body sculpts of clones at the same time, when you'd think they would want to start having the newer ones being paid off many times over.

As my initial reply was: Hasbro... this doesn't answer much, but it also says a lot.
What on earth is going on?
Are they not interested in getting the most out of these sculpts? The sculpts that are improved versions and are actually capable of varied and more real postures while hiding hideous pins etc.

It makes me think they have actually hired the baboons I have often displayed for fun, to do their marketing.

Now... what do you guys think?
Why are they not pushing these new sculpts out there, but insisting on using sculpts that should have been retired long ago.

Reaction score
To not derail the Target thread any further I am continuing this topic in this one.

Regarding the old ESB Boba sculpt being used for the "new" paint variant. And more.

It is also very curious why they are not utilizing the new and superior sculpts for e.g. clone troopers and stormtroopers.
To, as you eloquently put it: Recoup the cost of that new mold.

This was a golden opportunity to do exactly that with that Boba repaint, with the ROTJ body.
And also releasing both old and new body sculpts of clones at the same time, when you'd think they would want to start having the newer ones being paid off many times over.

As my initial reply was: Hasbro... this doesn't answer much, but it also says a lot.
What on earth is going on?
Are they not interested in getting the most out of these sculpts? The sculpts that are improved versions and are actually capable of varied and more real postures while hiding hideous pins etc.

It makes me think they have actually hired the baboons I have often displayed for fun, to do their marketing.

Now... what do you guys think?
Why are they not pushing these new sculpts out there, but insisting on using sculpts that should have been retired long ago.

I imagine the new sculpt is more expensive to produce, as it has more parts and detail. The older sculpt is probably cheaper to produce, and being styled on an animated character, it doesn't need screen accurate detailing. It's likely as simple as that.

Reaction score
I imagine the new sculpt is more expensive to produce, as it has more parts and detail. The older sculpt is probably cheaper to produce, and being styled on an animated character, it doesn't need screen accurate detailing. It's likely as simple as that.

That certainly speaks for it to be re-released, either as a repaint which they love, or something similar.
To recoup their cost on that.

I get what you're saying/your argument.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I imagine the new sculpt is more expensive to produce, as it has more parts and detail. The older sculpt is probably cheaper to produce...
If I understand correctly, the difference in cost with regard to parts and sculpted detail, is a once-off issue. It will cost more to cut the tooling for a figure with more moving parts and more intricate sculpting, but once that's done, the difference in cost of moulding the figure versus one of the same size and mass with somewhat less articulation and detail, will be relatively negligible. 🤔

Reaction score
It’s also possible the molds for the new Fett were already in use producing a different figure they felt it was more important to use the new mold for - like Mandalorian Fett variants.

I think this may also be true of the clone molds.

Reaction score
As usual with Hasbro this has to be a cost issue. I wonder if there’s any intermediate step necessary to reconfigure the paint hits on the Fett body—radically simplified in comparison to the screen-accurate ESB and ROTJ figures—which would already have been accomplished for the ESB/Kenner deco.

Reaction score
As usual with Hasbro this has to be a cost issue. I wonder if there’s any intermediate step necessary to reconfigure the paint hits on the Fett body—radically simplified in comparison to the screen-accurate ESB and ROTJ figures—which would already have been accomplished for the ESB/Kenner deco.
That’s why I’m not buying into the cheaper cost of the old mold excuse. They’re saving significantly on paint apps on the Droids version. No weathering, no chest symbol, no shoulder symbol, etc. I can see if the new mold is being used elsewhere, for example if they’re currently working on ROTJ vintage cards for next year. That I can see.

Reaction score
That’s why I’m not buying into the cheaper cost of the old mold excuse. They’re saving significantly on paint apps on the Droids version. No weathering, no chest symbol, no shoulder symbol, etc. I can see if the new mold is being used elsewhere, for example if they’re currently working on ROTJ vintage cards for next year. That I can see.
Yeah, generally speaking, most of the cost is in the physical labor it takes to paint and assemble a product. The less a person has to do something to a product the cheaper it will be.

Reaction score
I don't know what the 2013 Han Solo looks like under the paint. It could be a grand sculpt and a fresh repaint might work wonders, like the repaint of the X Wing Luke Skywalker (still the best Black Series Luke by far). But some older figures are just hopeless. Nothing is going to help the likes of Boushh, because the entire sculpt was so off in the first place. That's a figure that just has to be consigned to the bin. Their astromechs are a disaster too and I've simply never bothered with them.

To be honest, though, I think I've come to the end of collecting the human Star Wars BS figures. There's really has only been a handful that have truly satisfied me, even with the updated face printing, and Endor Luke was kinda the last straw for me in that regard. The imperial officers, like General Veers, look great. The Bespin escape Leia and the aforementioned X-Wing Luke are decent too. But over all, I've been pretty meh about them. In fact I am probably going to box them up in the near future. I think Hasbro's always been at its best with the figures that don't have to have a human face.
I agree, but the exception to this is largely the ST era figures, most of which have pretty incredible likenesses. The issue is that the new sculpts are digital scans, while the OT figures are all sculpted by hand with uh... varying degrees of success.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Anyone else seen "Visions" yet ? Out of the nine episodes I liked two, hated one from the very first second...
Anyway, IF Hasbro might waste some resources to do figures based on this, I would love to see, altough I am a hater for the Jaxxon character, Lop w/ Lightsaber and her droid and Imperial Agent Ochi with the Nunchuks

I liked a lot of the episodes. I think the first four or five were the strongest personally, minus the band one. I don't think I watched any of those without thinking how much I wanted a figure of the primary characters, and this is coming from a guy who went into it thinking if they produced Visions figures I wouldn't be interested. Lop and Ocho would be great. The characters from the Duel, Ninth Jedi, any characters from the Bride, I'd preorder instantly. I'd even love figures from T0-BI if they can find a way to make that style work in TBS format, mostly because I'm a sucker for droids.

Reaction score
It’s also possible the molds for the new Fett were already in use producing a different figure they felt it was more important to use the new mold for - like Mandalorian Fett variants.

I think this may also be true of the clone molds.

I think this is exactly the case if they were telling the truth about keeping multiple molds in production at the same time to broaden the number of characters they could churn out. They have to be producing Mandalorian/BoBF versions of Fett and Cobb Vanth, which would all borrow from the ROTJ Boba Fett mold.

Also, while I know some folks prefer the newer mold (for obvious reasons), I don't mind the Droids version being the ESB mold because neither mold is truly accurate to that "expression" anyway, and you know we'd have lots of "squished helmet" moaning all over again.

Reaction score
Another hint for a LFL 50th Anniversary figure. Via @yak_face on IG.

View attachment 401999
Mara Jade would be a logical choice to me. We got Thrawn, HTTE Luke with the Ysalamiry for Thrawn. And she is highly wanted, so it MUST be HTTE Mara. And she is in 3.75 Black Series too, if I remember right
Was thinking about Bastila Shan too, but she might end up in Gaming Greats instead of Legends, I guess.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mara Jade would be a logical choice to me. We got Thrawn, HTTE Luke with the Ysalamiry for Thrawn. And she is highly wanted, so it MUST be HTTE Mara. And she is in 3.75 Black Series too, if I remember right
Was thinking about Bastila Shan too, but she might end up in Gaming Greats instead of Legends, I guess.
Except that the 50th figures have been mostly reuse and to date there's no figure that could double for Mara Jade nor Bastilla.

Death Watch, if true, is a very easy repaint and long overdue. I just hope that it's not one of those figure that are in the $26 price range.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I'd love a Mara or Bastila, but I think "legend" not "Legends" refers to a legend of the OT, not Legends EU. That's why I'm thinking a reissue of one of the Landos on a 50th branded card.

I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to do the POTF2 card on the left with the 40th TESB Lando on the right.

POTF2 Lando.jpg 40th TESB Lando.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jodo Kast?

He's from Legends, he's OT era, he already exists in 3.75", and it would fit the 50th Anniversary motif of reuse with minimal new tooling.

Reaction score
We know that this isn’t Mara. But would Lucasfilm even permit Mara? I feel like something such as Luke’s Legends wife would be super off-limits/ out-of-bounds.

Reaction score
I bet its Garindan, why? It has previously appeared in 3.75 on a few occasions but not black series. It also appeared on the POTF cardback, and with Hasbro currently doing a run of POTF cardbacks then it would make perfect sense to me.

Actually, I hope it is Garindan. I cant imagine he'd be to hard to do, combination of soft goods and a shady character would make a nice addition to the shelf.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it's OT era, previously available in 3.75 but not BS, and Legends, I would guess Starkiller... Or maybe... Something from Shadows of the Empire?

Reaction score
OT era, Legends character(?), for 50th Anniversary release…my guess is…I have no idea.

Reaction score
It Has to be the Legend of Young Anakin Skywalker from EP1. (Now this is Pod Racing) (Whaa-Hoo!) So many great lines!

R (3).jpg