The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Haha, why did I think Bad Batch was live action?

Is it because of the action figures?

(I don't watch the animated stuff.)

Reaction score
I've never had to "specifically request" MOC from Dorkside and have always received mint condition items. And lets be honest, nothing is ever going to be "pristine" as multiple hands have touched said items over and over so there's bound to be some type of incidental scuffing regardless how minor it appears not to mention unseen fingerprints. So unless all these individuals are using the white glove treatment in a sealed room for handling this stuff then none of is going to be perfect condition. Which is one reason I always got a kick out of people who thought just because they got to the case first and opened it that they we re the first to touch them. lol

So ordering online at least has the perk of less hands touching it, and I specifically liked it better when I was a MOC collector back when certain stores liked to affix price stickers to the figures...

Reaction score
I've never had to "specifically request" MOC from Dorkside and have always received mint condition items. And lets be honest, nothing is ever going to be "pristine" as multiple hands have touched said items over and over so there's bound to be some type of incidental scuffing regardless how minor it appears not to mention unseen fingerprints. So unless all these individuals are using the white glove treatment in a sealed room for handling this stuff then none of is going to be perfect condition. Which is one reason I always got a kick out of people who thought just because they got to the case first and opened it that they we re the first to touch them. lol

So ordering online at least has the perk of less hands touching it, and I specifically liked it better when I was a MOC collector back when certain stores liked to affix price stickers to the figures...
I hear what you are saying but I was following their policy and procedure via their fine print. I was pleasantly surprised. I have order from BBTS before and havent received all minty items, tho thats another story for another time. A collector grade, such as EE's Mint Guarantee is nice because you arent sweating that you dont know what you will get from a sealed carton, which could mean a really beat up card.

Reaction score
Apparently, it completely trashes the previously established backstory for Kanan from Rebels (rewriting the big last battle from the Clone Wars that he and Depa Billaba fought in so that Filoni's edgy Delta Squad knockoffs defeat the Separatists, not Depa and her troops). This amuses me, as I can file it away as yet another example of how laughably arbitrary and inconsistent Disney's vaunted "canon" is. :)
Oh I know. But the main points in that story are still there. It’s not like they kept Depa alive 😂😂

Reaction score
Why are The Clone Wars Black Series much harder to find than any other Black Series figures? I have never seen Cad Bane, the Walmart wave, Captain Rex, etc. Yet I see OT, ST, Rebels, PT, and Mandalorian always on the shelf. Does Hasbro not produce a lot of shipments for Clone Wars figures? Or is it that the figures from that show are just in high demand? I hope I can find Asajj soon because she is one of my favorite characters but I fear she will be as hard to find as Rex was.

Reaction score
I think it's a combination of both, Hasbro likely produces fewer numbers for older media OT aside simply due to possibly not having a presence anymore. Then we have the reality that TCW was a very popular show for several years, probably more so than even Rebels. Thus fans will come out of the woodwork who would normally just sit on the fence watching and waiting for representation. Not to mention those who buy and hold simply to increase demand.

Reaction score
I think it's a combination of both, Hasbro likely produces fewer numbers for older media OT aside simply due to possibly not having a presence anymore. Then we have the reality that TCW was a very popular show for several years, probably more so than even Rebels. Thus fans will come out of the woodwork who would normally just sit on the fence watching and waiting for representation. Not to mention those who buy and hold simply to increase demand.
They need to re-release the Walmart wave. I don’t think anyone found it.

Reaction score
I'm sure we'll see those again, it's Hasbro after all and repacks are as constant as the northern star. And I don't think that Hasbro ever tools up new mold with the intention of only using it once, it's really about placement and how said figure fits into the line. The further way from TVC S7 you get the less sense it makes, especially the closer we get to the Ahsoka show and needing that figure. Of course Walmart has the rights to said figure for one year so it will be a while unless Hasbro makes a slight change like perhaps include white cloak and staff from the finale ep.

Reaction score
Why are The Clone Wars Black Series much harder to find than any other Black Series figures? I have never seen Cad Bane, the Walmart wave, Captain Rex, etc. Yet I see OT, ST, Rebels, PT, and Mandalorian always on the shelf. Does Hasbro not produce a lot of shipments for Clone Wars figures? Or is it that the figures from that show are just in high demand? I hope I can find Asajj soon because she is one of my favorite characters but I fear she will be as hard to find as Rex was.
Honestly I didn't really have Star Wars toys as a kid and was able to completely resist the Black Series until I saw they were making Plo Koon and Kit Fisto which provided my starting point. Clone Wars characters are easily my most wanted characters as the Clone Wars is my favorite Star Wars story/time period. Original trilogy was fun but it just always felt before my time. I probably knew Darth Vader was Luke's dad before I even saw the movies just because it was something everyone knew.

I will go for most any interesting alien or creature though. Speaking of which, I just pre-ordered the 16" Rancor statue from Sideshow because it should scale perfectly with the Black Series. Good thing I have an extra Gamorrean for good eating.