The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
My pet theory is that this will be a short A New Hope-themed subline a la Walmart's Clone Wars exclusives last Fall -- kind of a "cinema scene":

Farmboy Luke (photoreal/new head on the Landspeeder body, throw in the poncho)
Ben Kenobi (photoreal update)
Ponda Baba (with removable forearm)
Dr. Cornelius Evazan

The latter two are rumored to be coming sometime this year, and from a marketing standpoint Evazan would work better as an exclusive and tied somehow to Ponda Baba.
Okay, now THIS would officially get me excited.

Reaction score
Things arent sounding great for GTP at the moment....delays with a shipping date of July/August. And now GTP is down to a team of one to get this thing off the ground. Not a lot of room for optimism for items beyond the Blockade Runner at this point....did anyone else get the email with an update?
I got it also. Not easy when your co-partner leaves you with it all and restrictions and all.

Reaction score
Did anyone who preordered Bo Katan via Amazon have any issues? It wasn't supposed to ship until May, then I got an email telling me it's arriving early, and that it shipped, now Amazon is basically saying it's lost, and I can request a refund and reorder - and of course it's $50+ via 3rd parties...guess I'm going to chat with them!
Amazon has done this to me several times in the past months. Each time the package did arrive within a few days. Probably an issue with a route, or not having a driver pick up a shipment of items that day.

Reaction score
Amazon has done this to me several times in the past months. Each time the package did arrive within a few days. Probably an issue with a route, or not having a driver pick up a shipment of items that day.
Yeah, I'm playing the waiting game. I chatted with them last nite to simply ask what's up with the package as I got a ship notice then it went ghost, and told them I was fine with waiting, they kept insisting on a refund. As of this morning, it seems to have at least had an origin scan and actually to be a real package somewhere. If it's not here by the end of the week, I'll complain.

EDIT: And Bo Katan just showed up out of nowhere - tracking updated to "out for delivery" about 15 minutes before it showed up via UPS. Odd, but I'm happy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely shocked and blown away by these. I assume these are the Target exclusives en route to stores currently? Surprised that these successfully went un-leaked before the press release. And even more surprised to get brand new figures on card backs. That’s a first, right? Haven’t all the card backs been pretty much re-releases/repaints/minor changes to existing figures (40th/Archive/TPM)?

Reaction score
Well I was wrong.
My heart sank seeing that announcement because of the worry they'll sell out within a short time.

I really like them I hope I can get them.

Reaction score
Just thinking, if these carded are exvlusives, I wonder if there might be some regular boxed ones for everyone, to also go with the previous TCW figure ? 🤔
TPM figures where like that. Regular red-boxed, carded exclusive to BB.
They never bothered doing a non exclusive Ahsoka Series 7 wave so I wouldn't count on it.

Also on that note, why did they not rerelease that wave yet?

Reaction score
They never bothered doing a non exclusive Ahsoka Series 7 wave so I wouldn't count on it.

Also on that note, why did they not rerelease that wave yet?
Yes I know, but they where boxed, started a number count wich is continued with Ventress and upcoming Sing. So, why not including box with spine artwork to continue with the new reveals at some point

I really understand H's concept about the LF50th anniversary, but I start to think, they are starting to many different ways, wich might end up looking incomplete or out of place when the 50th year ends. They just should have slapped that 50th logo on regular boxes and good it is.

Reaction score
The Obi-Wan is interesting, don't know if I 100% like the look but it's the only one I will definitely "want" to buy. Echo too somehow appeals to me even though I already have the TVC version. lol

I guess you really don't tire of Clones especially if they're ARC Troopers or Commanders. Though I have no interest in Hawk or another Anakin, never cared for the TVC version either.

Reaction score
These are amazing!!! Just hope they're possible to find...
I'm really trying to limit my expectations on these. I missed on the Clone Commander Kenobi, so I would really like to have this version. Plus Echo looks great. If I can get at least those 2 or even just Kenobi I will be happy. But I'm reminding myself over and over about the Hasbro G.I.Joe Classified Cobra Island ******** to keep myself in check.

Reaction score
I'm really trying to limit my expectations on these. I missed on the Clone Commander Kenobi, so I would really like to have this version. Plus Echo looks great. If I can get at least those 2 or even just Kenobi I will be happy. But I'm reminding myself over and over about the Hasbro G.I.Joe Classified Cobra Island ******** to keep myself in check.
Let’s hope that they have a lot of stock unlike Cobra Island.

Reaction score
Whew! - well, these all look very nice, but none are must haves for me, and given I've been unemployed for six months, can easily pass on these and save money for OT and PT figs only.

*Maybe* get the Obi Wan? ;) lolz

Reaction score
Let’s hope that they have a lot of stock unlike Cobra Island.
I think it's a safe bet that they'll get more stock than Cobra Island. Hasbro and Target underestimated the demand for the Joe line in a huge way, but they have still been making plenty of supply for Star Wars Target exclusives. The deluxe Mando was hard to get at first, but I saw him twice in store when I wasn't even looking for him and there were also several times that he was available for purchase online for a few hours. I'm hopeful these won't be ridiculous to get ahold of.

Reaction score
Things arent sounding great for GTP at the moment....delays with a shipping date of July/August. And now GTP is down to a team of one to get this thing off the ground. Not a lot of room for optimism for items beyond the Blockade Runner at this point....did anyone else get the email with an update?
Yep, got it overnight. Definitely sounds pretty bad for GTP. The product was top-notch, but I can't see how Lucasfilm licenses much, if anything, out to GTP again after the blockade hallway.

Reaction score
Agreed, though in all honesty that Kenobi was going to be a tough one to track down simply due to how Walgreens distributes their cases among each store. not to mention other issues and the fact you cannot order from them online. At least I've never ben able to, and if it weren't for parintachin73 I'd be SOL on that Obi-Wan.

However, Target can often be just as difficult to acquire their Exclusives. So I hope these are easier to get than the Walgreens figure was. lol

Reaction score
I was thinking through it and I would have preferred a Phase 1 Rex instead of Echo. Not that I don't appreciate the release since he can go with the Phase 2 Rex. I'd rather have got solely early TCW figures than Echo.

Now I have to wait until Hasbro makes the Phase 1 Rex or make my own.

Reaction score
Agreed, though in all honesty that Kenobi was going to be a tough one to track down simply due to how Walgreens distributes their cases among each store. not to mention other issues and the fact you cannot order from them online.
Yeah, it wasn't easy to find in stores, but it was readily available to order at least four times that I know of on their website, with two of those times being on sale.

Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't easy to find in stores, but it was readily available to order at least four times that I know of on their website, with two of those times being on sale.
I have to say I should have been checking their site daily, maybe even multiple times a day, but it was sold out each time I looked after it was released. Every time I noticed a poster say it was in stock it was already gone by the time I checked. I had 1 chance, the week it went up and I (in hindsight) stupidly thought I would be able to just grab it in store like I had previous Walgreens exclusives. But no.

Reaction score
Same, it's a problem when you work all day and don't have internet access from work. Plus you are so tired after that it's not exactly the first thing you think about before going to sleep. So my timing is always off and when I do have a chance to check they're sold out.

Reaction score
With all those short stocked store exclusives, collecting has become a scalper heaven. Hope to be able to get the 4 new reveals, as I am still looking for the earlier Walgreens wave. I was lucky to get Ahsoka, but no sign of her Trooper or the two mandos, not to speak about Djarin & Child

Reaction score
Wow. I really like obi and the clone pilot. Kick to the nuts to those of us in Europe. :mad:

Reaction score
With all those short stocked store exclusives, collecting has become a scalper heaven. Hope to be able to get the 4 new reveals, as I am still looking for the earlier Walgreens wave. I was lucky to get Ahsoka, but no sign of her Trooper or the two mandos, not to speak about Djarin & Child
This is why my eye is wandering towards Hot Toys...

Reaction score
This is why my eye is wandering towards Hot Toys...
Believe me I have considered the switch several times, but I would certainly have to limit how many figures I buy at such high prices. Considering I only buy about 6 TVC and 3-4 TBS figs per year that only pays for about half of a one Hot Toy figure! I bought Mythos Ob-Wan and almost bought Deluxe Emperor and I certainly love several other figures, I just don't have the budget to throw down $250 or more per figure. So for now I only dabble in that line. I do like that those seem much easier to acquire though.

Reaction score
Did that. Then when suffocated by the amount of money and space it started draining, I pulled the hand brake and sold them.

Only kept the original Stormtrooper and Joker Deluxe.
You should start collecting those Tubbz figures. Picture rubber duckies dressed as you favorite pop culture character. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting all you want. Saves time, space, and money. 🤪

Who actually buys those anyway? More importantly who decided it was a good idea to start making them?

Reaction score
You should start collecting those Tubbz figures. Picture rubber duckies dressed as you favorite pop culture character. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting all you want. Saves time, space, and money. 🤪

Who actually buys those anyway? More importantly who decided it was a good idea to start making them?
I've honestly thought about a few of the Street Fighter ones, they are amazingly weird.

Last edited: