The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
So here's a perfect example of what I wrote about above. This is from today. This is my Asajj Ventress or Bo Katan figure.
It is a letter from the Customs claiming a handling fee + VAT.
As you can see, I end up paying $60 for a $20 figure..... So yes, I am picky and I point out their laziness and their cutting corners with figures a lot! Because I pay x 3 for the darn figures!

Edit: I should mention that this was purchased through IDtoys in the UK and there the figures are usually £19.99 which is about $27.5.
It was way better before the UK-Brexit. I used to order from AFS before on a regular basis, due them getting the figures months earlier, than anyone else over here in Austria/Germany for way lower prices.
( Hence, my BTTF Delorean kit from Eaglemoss was completly purchased from UK and only shortly before the final issues, they started to sell the first issues over here )
Everything was delivered with DPD carrier, sometimes even faster than something bought in-country.

Still have a open PO over at SAF placed in Oct., and I will have to see how this turns out. For the meanwhile I keep buying from german sources ( Toy-Palace,... ) and I have to settle with a slower release time, mostly 6-10 weeks after US release. ( Bo-Katan wave and DLX Fett should show up by end of month )

The only "big" tax-issues I get for now is, when I buy something overseas.
Example: the recently recieved Jedi Luke. I bought him for 45,- US$ over at a FB-colletorgroup, plus 23,- US$ for tracked shipping, wich would translate to roughly 57,- €.
Custom added 29,- € ( !!! )
The only reason I keep buying at these prices from time to time, especiallly the really HTF's end up still cheaper than ANYTHING I would find over here.

As mentioned already multiple times throughout the board, being a collector in Europe is a hard, expansive life 🤪

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was way better before the UK-Brexit. I used to order from AFS before on a regular basis, due them getting the figures months earlier, than anyone else over here in Austria/Germany for way lower prices.
( Hence, my BTTF Delorean kit from Eaglemoss was completly purchased from UK and only ahortly before final issues, they started to sell the first issues over here )
Everything was delivered with DPD carrier, sometimes even faster than something bought in-country.

Still have a open PO over there and I will have to see, how this turns out. For the meanwhile I keep buying from german sources ( Toy-Palace,... ) and I have to settle with a slower release time, mostly 6-10 weeks after US release. ( Bo-Katan wave and DLX Fett should show up by end if month )

The only "big" tax-issues I get is when I buy something overseas. Example: the recently recieved Jedi Luke. I bought him for 45,- US$ over a FB-colletorgroup, plus 23,- US$ for tracked shipping, wich would translate to roughly 57,- €.
Custom added 29,- € ( !!! )
The only reason I keep buying at these prices from time to time, especiallly the really HTF's end up still cheaper than ANYTHING I would find over here.

As mentioned already multiple times throughout the board, being a collector in Europe is a hard, expansive life 🤪
I think I might have to take a look into that Toy-palace :)

Reaction score
I think I might have to take a look into that Toy-palace :)
I absolutly recommend them, great shipping-packaging, nice prices for EU-standarts.
You are DK right ? Shipping would be 9,90 DHL shipped for anything up to 199,- Everything above would be FREE 👍🏻
As said, might take them a little longer to get new items in, but if you have patience you will be honored with great items.
Payment for PO wont be charged before they have the actual item in hand. Thats another pro for them 😉👍🏻
And their "Discount Club" is nice too. You pay 25.- once and get 10% off for almost everything for 365 days.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I absolutly recommend them, great shipping-packaging, nice prices for EU-standarts.
As said, might take them a little longer to get new items in, but if you have patience you will be honored with great items.
Payment for PO wont be charged before they have the actual item in hand. Thats another pro for them 😉👍🏻
And there "Discount Club" is nice too. You pay 25.- once and get 10% off for almost everything for 365 days.
That's basically the same as with Dorkside, regarding patience. Not nescessarily a bad thing.
Sounds like those 25,- are well spent. :)

Reaction score
You are DK right ? Shipping would be 9,90 DHL shipped for anything up to 199,- Everything above would be FREE 👍🏻
And their "Discount Club" is nice too. You pay 25.- once and get 10% off for almost everything for 365 days.
I use to order from toy-palace till they stopped selling most figures as singles, and only available in a full set or case.

Anyone know who in EU has the mafex Mando for pre-order?

After my ordeal with hlj and DHL, I cancelled my pre-order with amiami after working it that with DHL fees and taxes was going to cost me over 180 euro.

Reaction score
I use to order from toy-palace till they stopped selling most figures as singles, and only available in a full set or case.
I wasn't comfy with that at first, too, until I realized I finish off each wave sometime anyway. And I can always get rid of the unwanted/doubles easily enough, so, no big deal.

Reaction score
what if the stuff was sent to you via a gift form, from outside the US? do you still have many taxes and imports on gifts as well?

Reaction score
Not sure, but I seem to remember having paid taxes etc for a gift sent to me as well.
yeah, me too. At least when the "gift" is still boxed/carded/etc and there is still a price label on it.

Fun fact: "gift" is the german word for "poison". Got into some serious trouble once, due a newbie customs-employee didn't know any word english and how to handle the gift-marking 🤪🤪

Reaction score
Wahhh ???

Yakface reports, the just recently revealed TVC wave has already been spotted in stores.
Does this mean we'll see the TBS Zero/Sing/Reeves/Lando/Tech wave soon, too ?

Reaction score
yeah, me too. At least when the "gift" is still boxed/carded/etc and there is still a price label on it.

Fun fact: "gift" is the german word for "poison". Got into some serious trouble once, due a newbie customs-employee didn't know any word english and how to handle the gift-marking 🤪🤪
Wow. A whole new meaning to Xmas in Germany. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
what if the stuff was sent to you via a gift form, from outside the US? do you still have many taxes and imports on gifts as well?
Not quite sure if that still applies, the best bet when dealing with a seller abroad used to be asking them to lowball the price on the customs declaration, (items under a certain value are customs/VAT free) although that was never a guarantee either as sellers sometimes don't want to 'lie' about the value, or the stuff may get opened by customs anyway at random.

Reaction score
Not quite sure if that still applies, the best bet when dealing with a seller abroad used to be asking them to lowball the price on the customs declaration, (items under a certain value are customs/VAT free) although that was never a guarantee either as sellers sometimes don't want to 'lie' about the value, or the stuff may get opened by customs anyway at random.
I don't know if I should name them, but one of the US stores do this every time with the ones sent to me. 90% of the time it works every time :)
Alas one of the reasons I have the sizeable collection I have. That and because of fellow Scummers - you know who you are :)

Reaction score

"Gift" is also the word for poison in Denmark :) and also the word for being married.. so there's that... LOL

Reaction score
Wahhh ???

Yakface reports, the just recently revealed TVC wave has already been spotted in stores.
Does this mean we'll see the TBS Zero/Sing/Reeves/Lando/Tech wave soon, too ?
I doubt it. That TVC wave is just repacks with some minor upgrades if I'm not mistaken

Reaction score
My guess is an AOTC wave and that this Obi-Wan is just Ep2 Obi repackaged along with Dooku, Anakin, and Phase 1 Clone Trooper.
I’d bet Padme over the clone but who knows at this point 🤷🏼‍♂️ Would love if there was something new to these figures but yeah, seems like another packaging-related cash grab.

Reaction score
My guess is an AOTC wave and that this Obi-Wan is just Ep2 Obi repackaged along with Dooku, Anakin, and Phase 1 Clone Trooper.
I hope NOT. Dooku just recently got a rerelease together with Gamorrean and Grievous. Anakin and Kenobi are still to young IMO and we got a new Phase 1 clone in Art-series.
I'd prefer a regular Phase 2 clone, hence all four from the EE-4pack
Besides the 501-old/new/borrowed/blue rumor is still open 🤔

Last edited:
Reaction score
So are we guessing? How many are repaints, repacks? Is it all new sculpts?
I'm thinking at least 2 are some kind of repack and repaint.

Could the mustard mortar mandalorian trooper be one of them?

Last edited:
Reaction score
With those names, I'd go with "enhanced" repacks:

SUN - AOTC Anakin, with artificial arm
SNOW - AOTC Padme, with exposed midrif
RAIN - AOTC Obi-Wan with slick hair and robe
WIN - AOTC Jango, maybe with a new cable gadget on arm to tie around Obi-Wan

But I'm sure I've given way more thought about it than Hasbro did.

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe it's a photoreal version of ANH Ben Kenobi with the others being Farmboy luke with photoreal, Han Solo with photoreal and then ANH Vader with the retooled ESB arms kitbashed to be better.

And then in the archive line you have Princess Leia with photoreal a few months later.

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe it's a photoreal version of ANH Ben Kenobi with the others being Farmboy luke with photoreal, Han Solo with photoreal and then ANH Vader with the retooled ESB arms kitbashed to be better.

And then in the archive line you have Princess Leia with photoreal a few months later.
I have the feeling that's it, but no Vader, a new Leia.

Reaction score
Did anyone who preordered Bo Katan via Amazon have any issues? It wasn't supposed to ship until May, then I got an email telling me it's arriving early, and that it shipped, now Amazon is basically saying it's lost, and I can request a refund and reorder - and of course it's $50+ via 3rd parties...guess I'm going to chat with them!

Reaction score
Via Yakface. Snow is a version of Obi-Wan. All four are $24.99. More Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary figs? :unsure:

View attachment 384168
My pet theory is that this will be a short A New Hope-themed subline a la Walmart's Clone Wars exclusives last Fall -- kind of a "cinema scene":

Farmboy Luke (photoreal/new head on the Landspeeder body, throw in the poncho)
Ben Kenobi (photoreal update)
Ponda Baba (with removable forearm)
Dr. Cornelius Evazan

The latter two are rumored to be coming sometime this year, and from a marketing standpoint Evazan would work better as an exclusive and tied somehow to Ponda Baba.

Reaction score
Things arent sounding great for GTP at the moment....delays with a shipping date of July/August. And now GTP is down to a team of one to get this thing off the ground. Not a lot of room for optimism for items beyond the Blockade Runner at this point....did anyone else get the email with an update?