The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Look, I may be wrong and it's all coincidental. It's just that for Star Wars we've yet to a see a scantily clad figure aside from "Slayer" Leia released. Granted TBS is relatively new in the grand scheme and it's doubtful we'd ever get characters like Talon, mostly because they're all EU. However, it has already been five years now since the line launched and what other OT Female characters have they released? Not many because most belong to Jabba, and the others might be considered boring Senators or a console watcher. The PT has a lot more Female characters yet nothing has been released from that era either, other than a few Male Jedi and Clones. And for all their Female driven focus all we've seen are characters from newer media who are essentially bore fests. IMO Maybe it's just timing and them wanting to promote their characters over what has sustained this franchise for over 40 years.

I also understand that historically Female characters in Star Wars have always been somewhat MIA when it comes to getting action figures, I just thought that in this new era that mentality would have changed. Honestly when I take a look back through the line and saw all the repaints, reissues and troops galore I'm almost amazed there are as many unique characters released in such a small time frame.

As for Marvel I don't have any clue why we see so many Female characters with some of whom are dressed very interestingly. I guess the only one to answer that would be Disney/LFL. Though I wouldn't expect a straight answer TBH, they like word games too much.

My guess would be LFL, because of who the CEO is and not wanting that image for new new Star Wars. You might very well have a TBS Jabba, but does anyone expect them to released Oola, Rystal or Lyn me to go with? Limitless want lists not withstanding.
The reason there havent been more female OT figures is because there aren't any significant characters to make. They haven't made Oola, but they haven't even made Bib Fortuna, and (gender issues aside) Oola would have to get in line way behind some of the more iconic palace aliens that were made in the original Kenner line.

It's hard to look at the BS figures made, next to the all the character options available, and then conclude the Black Series line is avoiding scantily clad women - because there aren't really any viable candidates.

Honestly there aren't very many scantily clad female characters in Star Wars period. Aside from RotJ Leia, we would still be years away from the point where it would even matter if a restriction like you're talking about existed.

Reaction score
I think the lack of Aayla has a much simpler explanation- the only background Jedi we have are Plo and Kit Fisto, both of which are almost entirely reuse. Ki-Adi, Aayla, Shaak Tii, and all the others would require unique sculpts.
And with the ratio of repacks/repaints/etc vs new sculpt, those are far away from the pipeline.

Reaction score
IMO, even being a totaly new sculpt, Aayla should is a no-brainer. I think after Kloon and Fisto, Secura is the one with the next biggest fan-base.
And come on, just wearing a sleeveless, bellyfree top doesn't make her any sexier than a sleeveless, tattooed Aphra.
And she's a Twilek, the greatest species in the universe 🤪🤣😂

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does Aayla Secura really have a bigger fanbase than my guy Ki-Adi Mundi? I don't recall her ever worrying about the droid attack on the Wookies.

As for the Bad Batch: I'm all-in. I have all four on pre-order as well as one of the Elite Troopers...and I suspect I'll get one or two more of those if I find them around (either in-person or online) after release. And I'll get BB-flavored Echo if/when he comes out. Their arc in the Clone Wars was only ok, but I like their vibe and I am pretty confident that the show is going to be a fun look at the days of the nascent Empire.

Of course, I also have not spent years upset that women who work at Lucasfilm once wore a shirt from a Nike ad campaign for Air Force. So I may be an outlier here.

Reaction score
Hey guys - not Black Series but they're pretty similar and worth noting for people who hate the helmet and cape sculpts of the Black Series Mando - just seen this 4 inch 'basic value range' figure posted on Instagram by @talkingnerdywithdm and am blown away by how good the sculpt is! Limited articulation yes, but looks amazing!! Might get these two guys just to sit on my desk at work.

However, I can't for the life of me find them anywhere online? I don't know what this line is actually called? Can anyone help? I'm in the UK as well so hopefully I can still find them here somewhere. Would appreciate your help for more info on these if anyone has any!

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 10.37.10.png

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 10.37.46.png

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 10.38.13.png

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 10.38.37.png

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 10.39.06.png

Reaction score
However, I can't for the life of me find them anywhere online? I don't know what this line is actually called? Can anyone help? I'm in the UK as well so hopefully I can still find them here somewhere. Would appreciate your help for more info on these if anyone has any!
I heard in the US they were a Wal*Mart exclusive, I believe?

Reaction score
Hey guys - not Black Series but they're pretty similar and worth noting for people who hate the helmet and cape sculpts of the Black Series Mando - just seen this 4 inch 'basic value range' figure posted on Instagram by @talkingnerdywithdm and am blown away by how good the sculpt is! Limited articulation yes, but looks amazing!! Might get these two guys just to sit on my desk at work.

View attachment 383726

View attachment 383727

View attachment 383728

View attachment 383729

View attachment 383730
Love that bigger pram. Might get this one for TBS Grogu, seems to fit better. Does it come with hover stand ?

EDIT: Wait, the smaller one is TVC Grogu or TBS ?

Last edited:
Reaction score

View attachment 383726

View attachment 383727

View attachment 383728

View attachment 383729

View attachment 383730
Wow.

If I decide to get the Beskar TBS, I'll definitely pick this up to do a helmet swap.

Edit: Nevermind. I thought these were the 6 inch value figures.

Reaction score
Does Aayla Secura really have a bigger fanbase than my guy Ki-Adi Mundi? I don't recall her ever worrying about the droid attack on the Wookies.
Regardless of which character has bigger fanbase those characters specifically will take much longer to get due to them needing to be all new sculpts, unlike what they did with Koon and Fisto. We'll get any and all Jedi that can reuse those existing parts first and as long as possible, and once they sell enough kitbash figures to generate revenue it could then be used for said characters. So it is just a matter of time. However they're also fighting for a spot with 100's of other characters Hasbro might feel garner more interest.

Reaction score
Man, between all the TVC and BS I have ordered, Entertaiment Earth is going to deliver a huge box that may break the back of the FedEx delivery person lol

Reaction score
What online retailers does everyone usually use to buy star wars figures?
It seems that most orders now must be online since brick & mortar rarely have much stock these days.

Reaction score
It seems that most orders now must be online since brick & mortar rarely have much stock these days.
I have used anyone and everyone:

Best Buy, AMZN, Wal-Mart, Target, Dorkside, Big Bad Toy Store and now trying Entertainment Earth for all sorts of Star War toys.

For figures, I have tried BBTS, DS, Amazon and Wal-Mart. I am a MOC collector and I have mixed success with all names. I am stick in the middle on whos best. BBTS and DS, sometimes understanding their grading scale is tough for me and doesnt make sense. Amazon and Walmart, well, it depends how many I order and if they come to me in the condition I want.

I am hoping Entertainment Earth with their Mint condition guarantee fits my bill.

Sometimes I stick to ebay and go with sellers I have bought from the past that have mint cards and I know what to expect but sometimes they dont have what I Am looking for.

Reaction score
i try to use Amazon for everything. i have prime, so the free (potential one day) shipping has spoiled me. not only that but most sites i see list their figs at $24.99 or something and Amazon is (almost) always $19.99. its always a good day to be a collector IMO when youre able to buy a fig online AT or below retail WITH free shipping.

my fallback retailer is Entertainment Earth. their shipping takes FOREVERRRRRRR but they are another retailer who consistently has stock and their pricing is where it needs to be.

that being said-i realize that im a part of a problem as i subconsciously dont support smaller 'niche' stores like BBTS,Dorkside,etc because as a consumer im looking out for the best deals and a supplier who will get my item to me immediately-its just how im wired mentally; instant gratification(i paid for my thing and i want it naooow 😅). i have ordered from BBTS and had to wait (what i consider)an unusual amount of time before ANY updates came to my order(i even live in the same state). i had placed two orders from Dorkside-one where i supposedly 'cut in line' for preorders and got my items shipped immediately while others were reportedly waiting for updates, and the other order sat awaiting product availability while every other online retailer and local retailers were stocked to the gills 🤷‍♂️ i honestly would prefer to shop at retailers who exclusively sell collectibles but if someone like an Amazon or a Wal Mart or Target is gonna say 'hey we have the resources to eat all the costs and get your item to you at bottom dollar-next day' idk im gonna break some hearts.

Reaction score
Man, between all the TVC and BS I have ordered, Entertaiment Earth is going to deliver a huge box that may break the back of the FedEx delivery person lol
Not really as they ship as items come in, so unless all those items arrive to them at the exact same time they will arrive to you separately. I got greef alone despite ordering him with the Child and those two are in the same wave. The only time I've ever gotten a whole order shipped together was when it was all in stock at time of ordering.

Since they were offering free shipping on select items over $70 I went ahead and pre-ordered Rodimus prime and the ARK there, unfortunately they wanted to charge me for any items under that price so I removed them from my cart. It's crazy to pay $16 for one extra figure that's only $20! lol So I ordered those from BBTS with $4 flat rate shipping.

Reaction score
Not really as they ship as items come in, so unless all those items arrive to them at the exact same time they will arrive to you separately. I got greef alone despite ordering him with the Child and those two are in the same wave. The only time I've ever gotten a whole order shipped together was when it was all in stock at time of ordering.

Since they were offering free shipping on select items over $70 I went ahead and pre-ordered Rodimus prime and the ARK there, unfortunately they wanted to charge me for any items under that price so I removed them from my cart. It's crazy to pay $16 for one extra figure that's only $20! lol So I ordered those from BBTS with $4 flat rate shipping.
I was just kidding around lol hyperbole lol

Reaction score
Guys, after seeing the comments here and reviewing several videos, I went ahead and ordered the entire Bad Batch figure line up. I been trying to not collect Black Series but these are just way too cool to pass up and I dont want to have regrets later and chase them on ebay once they are out of stock from the online toy dealers. Cant wait to get them graded either!!

Reaction score
BTW.. on my entire pre-order of the Bad Batch figures, I didnt even bother to comparision shop initially. I just went ahead and placed my entire order with EE. as a MOC/MISB collector, having mint packaging is a must and so that changes prices a bit. So I thought, everyone says BBTS or DS is cheaper than EE and a lot of complaints about shipping costs from EE.

However, what isnt being said is an apples to apples comparison. If I placed my exact same order with BBTS and went with their Collector grade figures, they would cost almost 11 dollars more (to me 11 bucks is splitting hairs BTW) than EE, DESPITE their $4 dollar flat shipping fee.

Moral of the story: Each collectors costs will vary. Dont count out Entertaiment Earth because everyone says their shipping is too high. Maybe some collectors fail to mention they dont buy mint figures each time, as an example.

Reaction score
i try to use Amazon for everything. i have prime, so the free (potential one day) shipping has spoiled me. not only that but most sites i see list their figs at $24.99 or something and Amazon is (almost) always $19.99. its always a good day to be a collector IMO when youre able to buy a fig online AT or below retail WITH free shipping.

my fallback retailer is Entertainment Earth. their shipping takes FOREVERRRRRRR but they are another retailer who consistently has stock and their pricing is where it needs to be.

that being said-i realize that im a part of a problem as i subconsciously dont support smaller 'niche' stores like BBTS,Dorkside,etc because as a consumer im looking out for the best deals and a supplier who will get my item to me immediately-its just how im wired mentally; instant gratification(i paid for my thing and i want it naooow 😅). i have ordered from BBTS and had to wait (what i consider)an unusual amount of time before ANY updates came to my order(i even live in the same state). i had placed two orders from Dorkside-one where i supposedly 'cut in line' for preorders and got my items shipped immediately while others were reportedly waiting for updates, and the other order sat awaiting product availability while every other online retailer and local retailers were stocked to the gills 🤷‍♂️ i honestly would prefer to shop at retailers who exclusively sell collectibles but if someone like an Amazon or a Wal Mart or Target is gonna say 'hey we have the resources to eat all the costs and get your item to you at bottom dollar-next day' idk im gonna break some hearts.
I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I feel the same way and have experienced and agree with all of this.

What's kind of hard for me with BBTS/DS/EE is that I'm an opener. I truly appreciate the care they seem to take to ship items in as pristine shape for the non-openers, but the S/H cost is completely lost on me. They could ship figures in a non-padded envelope for much less and I'd be just as happy with a dinged up/smashed box or even ripped envelope (I'll definitely take the bet that with Hasbro's current packaging, anything short of running over the box with a vehicle won't hurt the figure).

But it would make no sense at all for those stores to offer that kind of shipping for us openers.

That said, I do go for the sales or "open box" items at those sites.

Reaction score
I wish we could do a poll but I;ll just ask here: how many of you are getting all the The Bad Batch figures?
I think it's great that they've revealed so many figures before the show starts, that almost never happens now, but it's a double edged lightsaber... I'm self employed so my income fluctuates. I can treat myself, but I have to pick and choose what I buy. I can't afford to 'blind buy' so I've made no BB preorders thus far. If, after I've watched the show and decide I want them, they're probably mostly going to be sold (or presold) out everywhere.

Reaction score
I think it's great that they've revealed so many figures before the show starts, that almost never happens now, but it's a double edged lightsaber... I'm self employed so my income fluctuates. I can treat myself, but I have to pick and choose what I buy. I can't afford to 'blind buy' so I've made no BB preorders thus far. If, after I've watched the show and decide I want them, they're probably mostly going to be sold (or presold) out everywhere.
Hey I know exactly how you feel and what you mean, I have experienced the same friend!

Reaction score
I'm self employed too, and I concur in regards to picking and choosing.

Reaction score
Yeah that's the risk of waiting as it seems in today's era if you don't pre-order you're SOL later, at least on certain figures. So the figures going up for sale before the show actually airs can be a bit frustrating for those who are uncertain of the characters. In this case I can understand as those characters were likely already done long before the show got greenlit, while shows like Mando and probably Ahsoka we have to wait for months after before we get any figures. If only they could get better at timing and launch characters shortly after their appearance.

That said, there seems to always be a market/demand for them so buying "blind" may not be all bad as you could simply sell it afterword if you end up not liking a character.

Reaction score
I'm self employed too, and I concur in regards to picking and choosing.
yes, i am in the same boat with you guys. Self employed and it never fails, you hold back, you miss some lol then you come back to them and they are either gone or price is down double on eBay lol

Reaction score
yes, i am in the same boat with you guys. Self employed and it never fails, you hold back, you miss some lol then you come back to them and they are either gone or price is down double on eBay lol
There's also the part of me being from Europe.. VAT/import tax/handling fees (which is about $26 + 25% on top of figure price), which also make me a whole lot pickier and I am just so very glad I don't feel the need to have them all.
Now I must admit that a lot of my collection have slipped through without having to pay this, but every now and then they pick up on it. Especially now after Brexit, so buying from over there is the same now as from the US.
The plus side is that I am actually able to get figures. :)

Reaction score
But shouldn't you want them by design first instead of waiting for the show?

I generally find myself appreciating more the figures that have a appealing design, while the others that I got on the hype of a show of movie, while the design was ok, I ended up selling them eventually.

Reaction score
There's also the part of me being from Europe.. VAT/import tax/handling fees (which is about $26 + 25% on top of figure price), which also make me a whole lot pickier and I am just so very glad I don't feel the need to have them all.
Now I must admit that a lot of my collection have slipped through without having to pay this, but every now and then they pick up on it. Especially now after Brexit, so buying from over there is the same now as from the US.
The plus side is that I am actually able to get figures. :)
I use to buy a lot, but over time, I found figures packed I had completely forgot about, and that was the alarm to rather be picky instead of pumping the cart like crazy.

Reaction score
I have to say that If I had to pay all the extra fees associate with living overseas I'd probably seriously cut back on what I buy.

But shouldn't you want them by design first instead of waiting for the show?
That's how I am, the figure could represent the most asinine character ever seen on screen but if I like the design I'll still buy the figure for various reasons. Case in point Ezra and Kaz are two that absolutely annoy me yet I bought their figures, mainly for custom fodder. To each their one though on how they collect.

I don't usually double buy a figure accidentally, if anything I think I've already bought it only to find out afterwards that I didn't and now it costs twice as much! lol
But that was back when we were getting 80 figures in the line, now it's much easier to keep track of especially since there's only 2-4 new figures per year in 3.75". TBS I only get EU characters and an occasional OT Hero if it strikes my fancy.

Reaction score
I don't know why certain female characters have yet to be produced or updated for the Black Series.

Someone suggested it might be due to Disney, and instead, I suggested it might be due to Lucasfilm. Why? Because the leadership and some of the employees have a worldview which would find a few of the earlier characters, or at least their depiction, unpalatable. You can think that's good, bad, or be indifferent to it, but denying it isn't honest.

Consequently, some of your responses are disingenuous. Hopefully there is nothing preventing certain characters, or particular depictions of characters, from being made. However it's not unthinkable, given the current state of Lucasfilm, that there could be such restrictions in place.

Personally, I'd like an update on Slave/Huttslayer Leia. I wasn't collecting when the earlier figure was produced, and the earlier figure was rather awful. Undoubtedly, Hasbro could do a much better job with it now, and the costume is important for ROTJ.

On a slightly different note, Lucasfilm could give us a lot more female characters for the Black Series. Just give Hasbro designs for regular people and aliens from different planets, cultures, and various walks of life. Unfortunately this will never happen, as the figures wouldn't sell well enough (not being known characters), but I'd be thrilled.

For those of you who create dioramas and such, are there other figures which work well as background characters? What do you use?

Also, does anyone know someone who makes a Black Series sized C-PH patrol speeder bike (what the Patrol Troopers in Solo use)? I was going to purchase a second white speeder bike from the recent Amazon set and repurpose it for a Patrol Trooper, but only scalpers are selling that set now.

Reaction score
So here's a perfect example of what I wrote about above. This is from today. This is my Asajj Ventress or Bo Katan figure.
It is a letter from the Customs claiming a handling fee + VAT.
As you can see, I end up paying $60 for a $20 figure..... So yes, I am picky and I point out their laziness and their cutting corners with figures a lot! Because I pay x 3 for the darn figures!

Edit: I should mention that this was purchased through IDtoys in the UK and there the figures are usually £19.99 which is about $27.5.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
And really that is something they should try to get a handle on somehow allowing more/easier overseas distribution. I don't know exactly what or how it can be done, though I suspect it's the major reason why they do not deal with UK directly. The restrictions are just too complicated for them to care.

TBH I wonder sometimes why govt's have to be this way, and it simply boils down to greed. They want to soak up as much Money as they can anyway they can to keep lining their pockets instead of actually using it to improve an aging infrastructure that's been long overdue for decades. So they invent new ways to bilk the tax payer/average citizens.

Reaction score
And really that is something they should try to get a handle on somehow allowing more/easier overseas distribution. I don't know exactly what or how it can be done, though I suspect it's the major reason why they do not deal with UK directly. The restrictions are just too complicated for them to care.

TBH I wonder sometimes why govt's have to be this way, and it simply boils down to greed. They want to soak up as much Money as they can anyway they can to keep lining their pockets instead of actually using it to improve an aging infrastructure that's been long overdue for decades. So they invent new ways to bilk the tax payer/average citizens.
Especially considering the taxes we already pay here. We are in the top 5 of countries who pay the highest taxes.

Reaction score
So here's a perfect example of what I wrote about above. This is from today. This is my Asajj Ventress or Bo Katan figure.
As you can see, I end up paying $60 for a $20 figure..... So yes, I am picky and I point out their laziness and their cutting corners with figures a lot! Because I pay x 3 for the darn figures!

Edit: I should mention that this was purchased through IDtoys in the UK and there the figures are usually £19.99 which is about $27.5.
Is it really worth it?

Reaction score
Is it really worth it?
Isn't that exactly the discussion? :) Is it really worth it, all things considered.
Now, I must say, most of my collection have passed through without being picked for customs and that's the only reason I still collect.
If I was getting a good ol' effing, VAT-style, every time I can assure you I would either not be collecting anymore or have a way smaller collection.

UK-parcels do seem to be getting picked out almost every time, if not every time. So depending on whether or not my next purchase, which should be here next week, gets picked out, I think I will have to cut down on the wants and the needs.

Reaction score
Isn't that exactly the discussion? :) Is it really worth it, all things considered.
Now, I must say, most of my collection have passed through without being picked for customs and that's the only reason I still collect.
If I was getting a good ol' effing, VAT-style, every time I can assure you I would either not be collecting anymore or have a way smaller collection.

UK-parcels do seem to be getting picked out almost every time, if not every time. So depending on whether or not my next purchase, which should be here next week, gets picked out, I think I will have to cut down on the wants and the needs.
Denmark's customs sounds a lot like Ireland's. Most parcels go through over here without a problem and then you'll get smacked with import charges on a random one. But honestly, if I was getting whacked for 60 on a 20 item, I wouldn't even be considering it. That's a hefty mark up.

I don't think I've been hit yet importing this junk, but on other stuff I've gotten the dreaded import bill. The UK stuff getting more scrutinised is probably down to brexit, but sure you know that. I can see that only getting worse as things go on. But as it works out for me it's actually cheaper to get this gear sent from the US than it is from the UK and that was before brexit.

Reaction score

Oh my word!!! It's like my HLJ DHL experience.

I really understand the horror of this.

Is this via regular post or courier?

Reaction score
Denmark's customs sounds a lot like Ireland's. Most parcels go through over here without a problem and then you'll get smacked with import charges on a random one. But honestly, if I was getting whacked for 60 on a 20 item, I wouldn't even be considering it. That's a hefty mark up.

I don't think I've been hit yet importing this junk, but on other stuff I've gotten the dreaded import bill. The UK stuff getting more scrutinised is probably down to brexit, but sure you know that. I can see that only getting worse as things go on. But as it works out for me it's actually cheaper to get this gear sent from the US than it is from the UK and that was before brexit.
Yup. Amazon UK use to pump it here in Greece, then came January and that's it. Finito. No one here dares anymore to order from there as regardless the item, the handling fees start at a net 60 something Euros + the 24% taxes of the items value. Pretty much like Oofa.