The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Both Black series and Marvel Legends have been between £24/27 and upwards in the UK for a few years now. Funnily enough, they're just starting to creep back down to just below £20 depending on where you shop. Odd that ours are reducing while yours go up! Although one area where you've still got the edge stateside are your sales and clearance bargains... you guys get some deep, deep discounts on some things, that in many cases have never even been released over here!

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I do apologize if this isn't the right thread.

However, I'm starting my adventure looking into some Star Wars Dioramas and not sure where to look? I've checked out GTP Toys and they seem either not to have items in stock or always sold out? Is there another company that makes these or will GTP Toys will re-stock at sometime in the near future? Any information would be helpful...

Reaction score
After seeing the trailer for the 2/21 debut...now I want 6” BS figures of Squad 99. Can’t wait for the return of Clone Wars on Disney +.

Reaction score
Since I’m on the subject of what I’d like to see...how about this dude under the Gaming Greats banner as a GS exclusive:
9930D0E9-9926-4A4D-924D-48C6A535FEE3.jpeg

Reaction score
I never really got into The Force Unleashed -- I played some of the first one but thought the story was just meh, and didn't connect with the main character. That said...I think he clearly has to be one of the top choices for this gaming line. I feel very much in the minority when it comes to my feelings; his fans need to be fed.

If I had a vote for a figure from any game...well, I would maybe cheat and do Saw Gerrera from Fallen Order. But for an actual game-only character, I would say Kyle Katarn. Jedi Knight was my jam.

Reaction score
Great Gaming Exclusives:

Kyle Katarn
Galen from Force Unleashed
Saw Gerrea
Dark troopers - any phases
Imperial Guard form Force unleashed
Asajj Ventress for sure
Savage Opress
Throw in the Night sisters

KOTOR characters as well

Reaction score
I'm at work so I can't link to it but according to Yakface - "Due to the popularity of the Carbonized figures, rumors are a carbonized Boba Fett and Stormtrooper are coming. This was also reiterated by an unsoilicited tweet from follower Niall Davids. His tweet also mentioned the possibility of a 6 inch scale Snowspeeder with Dak."

For me the Snowspeeder is an instant buy. I wonder if it'll be the red or gray markings. I'd assume gray as that is Luke's Snowspeeder. I just read on reddit however, it might be $120 which is too much for me. If that's the case I'll just wait until clearance.

Reaction score
I'm at work so I can't link to it but according to Yakface - "Due to the popularity of the Carbonized figures, rumors are a carbonized Boba Fett and Stormtrooper are coming. This was also reiterated by an unsoilicited tweet from follower Niall Davids. His tweet also mentioned the possibility of a 6 inch scale Snowspeeder with Dak."

For me the Snowspeeder is an instant buy. I wonder if it'll be the red or gray markings. I'd assume gray as that is Luke's Snowspeeder. I just read on reddit however, it might be $120 which is too much for me. If that's the case I'll just wait until clearance.
Oh wow the Snowspeeder is finally happening?! Carbonized Stormie and Fett would be a must buy for me too

Reaction score

Sooo with the Snow speeder coming, the AT-ST Walker isn't far behind?? Too bad, there is no AT-AT :(

Reaction score
I'd be all over a snowspeeder.

But they'd need to re-release Hoth Han and Luke with Wampa and Tauntaun. Please Hasbro!

And a 6 inch Turret or Radar Gun too whilst I'm wishing please.

Reaction score
I'm down for a Snowspeeder. I hope we get enough warning, because it's a 'saver upper' after what I went through with the Dewback (no reductions in a couple of years, ended up paying RRP so what's the point of waiting...). It'll be a day one pre order for me. Knowing my luck, it'll be announced at toyfair, and out a couple of weeks later! We now know that's possible, look at the Heavy Infantry Mando.....

Reaction score
A 6" scale AT-AT would be about size of a large dog. I don't even think Haslab would tackle that one.

The did Jabba's sail barge and did the $550 plus Transformers Unicron. The 6' Scale AT-AT would be no different and the only thing Haslab would require would be money down or full payment of the item.

Reaction score
They are missing the boat if they don't do a carbonized Han Solo...just sayin'. Make it real pretty.

Reaction score
the 3.75 BIGAT-AT is already the size of a dog, and its undersized. You will never see a 6" AT-AT. That would be dang near 5ft tall.

Reaction score
I'm going to want the snowspeeder, though I don't know if I'll be able to swing $120 for it...not right away, anyway. But I have a strong TESB presence already in my display collection, and another Hoth vehicle to go alongside the downed-walker-leg of the Luke centerpiece would be very fun.

That said, when I saw a tweet mentioning the rumor of an upcoming Black Series vehicle-with-figure...my first thought was hoping for a blurrg with Kuiil. Again, I'm very down for the snowspeeder. I can only report what was in my heart. I have spoken.

Reaction score
In spite of the snowspeeder rumor floating around, I don't think there's a tremendous market for 1:12 vehicles beyond single person conveyances like small speeders or beasts. I think they'd just take up too much room. For some people's collection displays that's not a problem, but for the vast majority, I think it is. IMHO.

Reaction score
In spite of the snowspeeder rumor floating around, I don't think there's a tremendous market for 1:12 vehicles beyond single person conveyances like small speeders or beasts. I think they'd just take up too much room. For some people's collection displays that's not a problem, but for the vast majority, I think it is. IMHO.
I agree. The largest thing we've gotten for 6" was the TFA TIE, and that thing is so big I made a table out of it. It was really the only way to justify a space for it.

Reaction score
The did Jabba's sail barge and did the $550 plus Transformers Unicron. The 6' Scale AT-AT would be no different and the only thing Haslab would require would be money down or full payment of the item.
It would be a huge difference. I don't ever see an AT-AT done, and understandably so. Snowspeeder makes more sense. No interest in the carbonized Boba or Snowtrooper. Save those spots for something more needed.

Reaction score
I never really got into The Force Unleashed -- I played some of the first one but thought the story was just meh, and didn't connect with the main character. That said...I think he clearly has to be one of the top choices for this gaming line. I feel very much in the minority when it comes to my feelings; his fans need to be fed.

If I had a vote for a figure from any game...well, I would maybe cheat and do Saw Gerrera from Fallen Order. But for an actual game-only character, I would say Kyle Katarn. Jedi Knight was my jam.
I loved TFU game. It was great for its time. Gave an interesting story with new characters blended with old. I could see them doing a Starkiller 6" figure but how do you choose the outfit. He changed outfits every new level. Hasbro has already made many figures from this game years ago, so I can understand if they left it be. Didn't like TFU2 game nearly as much. But those extra sith levels on the first game were really fun. Good memories!

Reaction score
Yakface reports the possibility of a carbonized stormtrooper and Boba Fett. And of course the snowspeeder with Dak figure speculation.

Reaction score
The Snowspeeder is another one of those vehicles, like the Landspeeder, which is smaller than everyone thinks. The original Kenner mould (and the POTF2 repop) were way too big. The later release was smaller, but still possibly a fraction too big. So no doubt when/if it's revealed, there will be many complaints that it's undersized...

Reaction score
Is this model kit considered in scale? If those were 6 inch figures, then it really would be roughly 24-30 inches long at the absolute most?

Which still, when I pull out a tape measure, feels pretty big. Pretty big for my 12x12 foot toy room. :unsure: :) (I did NOT get the TIE fighter.)

Reaction score
Is this model kit considered in scale? If those were 6 inch figures, then it really would be roughly 24-30 inches long at the absolute most?

Which still, when I pull out a tape measure, feels pretty big. Pretty big for my 12x12 foot toy room. :unsure: :) (I did NOT get the TIE fighter.)

It looks like it should be just under 17.5" long if it's fully 1:12 scale (going by Wookieepedia).

Reaction score
View attachment 344836
It’s not that big, smaller than TIE fighter with wings for sure.
This was one of the photos I remembered that show it as being smaller than everyone thinks. I've got a sneaking suspicion that the filming miniature was probably a larger scale when measured against the pilots, and it's the filming model that Kenner/Hasbro have always used as reference. So I think if the SS rumour is true, we'll get one scaled to the full size mock up and not the filming miniature. So as far as 'undersized' or 'oversized' complaints go, everyone will be both right and wrong at the same time.... (Shrodingers Snowspeeder?)

See also, pretty much the same argument with the A Wing....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I do apologize if this isn't the right thread.

However, I'm starting my adventure looking into some Star Wars Dioramas and not sure where to look? I've checked out GTP Toys and they seem either not to have items in stock or always sold out? Is there another company that makes these or will GTP Toys will re-stock at sometime in the near future? Any information would be helpful...
GTP actually got a license to produce Star Wars dioramas and they have new product coming out some time in the future that will be actual diorama pieces vs the modular "Space Walls" they were doing. I think there might have been an issue with LEGO having the license for building sets or some such. Anyway, they showed renders of these diorama sets somewhere, I can't really remember if it was SDCC or Celebration. Anyway, I think they ceased production of the "Space Walls" so if there are any still out there, they will probably be from 3rd party vendors. They are definitely worth it, fortunately I picked some up before they stopped production. I am looking forward to what their new products will be.

*EDIT* The announcement was at SDCC, here's more info: https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019-07-19-gtp-space-walls-is-now-an-officially-licensed-product/

*EDIT2* This was what they showed for the new product: https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/19/sdcc-2019-gtp-toys-official-star-wars-dioramas-357056

Last edited:
Reaction score
GTP actually got a license to produce Star Wars dioramas and they have new product coming out some time in the future that will be actual diorama pieces vs the modular "Space Walls" they were doing. I think there might have been an issue with LEGO having the license for building sets or some such. Anyway, they showed renders of these diorama sets somewhere, I can't really remember if it was SDCC or Celebration. Anyway, I think they ceased production of the "Space Walls" so if there are any still out there, they will probably be from 3rd party vendors. They are definitely worth it, fortunately I picked some up before they stopped production. I am looking forward to what their new products will be.

*EDIT* The announcement was at SDCC, here's more info: https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2019-07-19-gtp-space-walls-is-now-an-officially-licensed-product/

*EDIT2* This was what they showed for the new product: https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/19/sdcc-2019-gtp-toys-official-star-wars-dioramas-357056

Thank you for the information! This gives me direction on what to do next

Reaction score
Checked at Target tonight to see if the probe droid had arrived or is imminent since people have found it at Walmart and Meijer. As for it being imminent at Target, ummmm, no. It's street dated for 4/26!!!!! That's not a typo, it's street dated until the end of April! My friend showed me the screen. Why would they be street dating that for so far out??!?!? Is that maybe when the ESB anniversary figures are supposed to come out? That just seems crazy to me that they would do this.

Reaction score
Checked at Target tonight to see if the probe droid had arrived or is imminent since people have found it at Walmart and Meijer. As for it being imminent at Target, ummmm, no. It's street dated for 4/26!!!!! That's not a typo, it's street dated until the end of April! My friend showed me the screen. Why would they be street dating that for so far out??!?!? Is that maybe when the ESB anniversary figures are supposed to come out? That just seems crazy to me that they would do this.
If this is accurate then the early probe droids at meijer and at some online stores are very early.

Reaction score
yep