The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
My ANH 40th cards have been hanging on my toy room walls since a couple of days after they arrived upon release.

No AC or any smoking in that room, and the humidity in Boston gets pretty severe over the summers, and they are still intact so far?

BUT, I literally have not physically touched them since they came in and were hung on the wall back in 2017.

Reaction score
They had a Dagobah Landing vintage collection figure with Luke in the Snowspeeder gear. I kind of wonder if that will be the card back they use?

Reaction score
They had a Dagobah Landing vintage collection figure with Luke in the Snowspeeder gear. I kind of wonder if that will be the card back they use?
Probably not, as he apparently has a molded skullcap, and that card (which was IIRC the image used on the vintage Empire release of the laser pistol) has him with no cap.

Reaction score
Heads up to Canadian collectors. Black Series has jumped from $29.97 to $32.97 at Walmart for the Jet Trooper wave. Still $29.99 at TRU. For now anyways. Originally reported on Snowtroopers.ca, but I saw the official price tags in store today.

Reaction score
Heads up to Canadian collectors. Black Series has jumped from $29.97 to $32.97 at Walmart for the Jet Trooper wave. Still $29.99 at TRU. For now anyways. Originally reported on Snowtroopers.ca, but I saw the official price tags in store today.
Boo. Not surprising considering the reports that prices are going up in the US.

As it is, I paid between $35 and $40 at retail for some of the recent exclusives. I assume those prices will increase too.

Reaction score
Boo. Not surprising considering the reports that prices are going up in the US.

As it is, I paid between $35 and $40 at retail for some of the recent exclusives. I assume those prices will increase too.
So far, EBGames still has their exclusives set at the same price. Jedi Luke is also still $35 at Walmart. Meanwhile GOA 5" are now $15 from $13 at Walmart. TVC is still the same, but I've yet to see any restocking and one of my 3 local stores even got rid of their TVC peg entirely.

Reaction score
Sadly the less people who buy drives to price up for those that do, sue to rising production costs on smaller runs.

And if they ever get to be $30+ here, I'm out. Sorry to say, but Hasbro's quality just ain't that good, and for that price I might as well switch to higher end collectible completely...

Reaction score
Soooooo, is Walgreens done getting the Clone Wars Kenobi?? I know for the last couple of exclusives they showed up, then disappeared for a couple of months and then became super easy to find. But other than the initial batch that I saw but passed on, I'm not seeing these anywhere.

Reaction score
Well, so far the Gaming Greats that have been announced have all been repaints. Not that I wouldn't be all over a Dash Rendar.

Reaction score
There are a ton of video game characters that would be awesome. Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, Starkiller, Bastilla Shan, HK, unmasked Iden Versio, etc. While that would be great, I don't really see them doing that in this line. I predict these will all be repaints like we are seeing. I hope that I am wrong.

Reaction score
I wanna know why we're getting a Gaming Greats line, but they haven't announced a Dash Rendar yet.

Seems like a no-brainer to me...
Because He has NO DISNEY ASSOCIATION. They would love to just bury Shadows and pretend it does not exist.😞 personally I'd love one Xisor too.

Reaction score
Agreed, which is why I find it very slim to none that we'll get any of the older characters. And in all honesty is what will sell more because there's decades history involved, whereas Disney only has a few years and a few games.

Reaction score
I think that Luke is going to sell like hot cakes for a couple of reasons...
1, It's a massive upgrade on the original
2, If The Snowspeeder Luke is sculpted with the skullcap, folk are going to want another 'Empire' head for the Dagobah landing look.
I'm hearing that a Deluxe ESB Dagobah Luke with Yoda is coming. If so, there will be another option to get a decent head sculpt.

Reaction score
Wasn't Dash Rendar's Outrider ship seen taking off from Mos Isly space sport in the Special edition of ANH? Also, Rebels, Cmdr Sato's Hammer ship closely resemblems Rendar's Outrider.

Reaction score
Having had to sell a goodly chunk of my 6" figures off, I've realized just how much space these things take up! Good grief! I'm gonna keep the core group of characters and a few troopers (Stormtroopers, Death Star Troopers, etc.) though, but man, I need to drastically reduce my collection to save on space. And money. XD

Reaction score
I need to drastically reduce my collection to save on space. And money. XD
If it's any solace, I'm starting to feel like the line is reaching critical mass, at least for OT-centric collectors. Yes, the 40th anniversary cardbacks are coming, but there's a lot of repetition to the line that saves me from needing every "new" release, at least for ESB.

My main problem now is that I can't reasonably turn down Mando figs :D

Reaction score
Not particularly exciting, but JTA is reporting a seller on ebay has the first wave of the ESB 40th figures. Lukes already sold, maybe its the way he's packaged but his arms look a little lanky to me.

Reaction score
Not particularly exciting, but JTA is reporting a seller on ebay has the first wave of the ESB 40th figures. Lukes already sold, maybe its the way he's packaged but his arms look a little lanky to me.
That seller has 1 sale for the past year and zero feedback? Avoid like the plague.

Reaction score
GameStop Raises Prices on Marvel Legends after seeing an Increase in Sales

Just looking on the Gamestop website, it seems like this is will apply to the Black Series as well. Most of the newer regular BS have gone up to $24.99 and the newer exclusives are now $29.99. I think that's perhaps a bridge too far for me for non-deluxe figures. My preorders for Revan & the BD were for $24.99, so I won't be happy if they try to charge me $29.99 when they come in.