The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Yup, that's about what I expect.

The Artoo that came in the original Kenner ESB line was R2-D2 "now with sensorscope" but no additional weathering. The TBS R2 already comes with a "sensorscope", so they kind of have to do something different. Well, I mean, they don't have to, but you'd think they would. Swamp deco makes the most sense. I doubt they will include all of his attachments again, but maybe. It'd be nice if they included some of Luke's survival gear...crates, food container, lamp, etc...but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Reaction score
I don't know the behind the scenes situation much and it doesn't seem likely the license won't get renewed but I thought about what it would be like to approach this year as the last year of the Black Series. What would you need/want to see before the close out, given you'd know there were only about 3-4 waves plus exclusives remaining left to go?

Here is my best shot at giving the lineup a go for a last hurrah in 2020, also considering what we know is already confirmed in production;

Already confirmed:
Wave 24 - Mar 2020
Zori Bliss x2
Sith Jet Trooper x2
Count Dooku x1
Commander Bly x1
Knight of Ren X1
Yavin Luke x1 (repack)

Wave 25 - May 2020
Aotc Battle Droid x2
Aotc Anakin x2
Aotc Obi Wan x1
Plo Kloon x2
Kit Fisto x1

-------------
Dream Release Schedule for remainder 2020

May 2020 Exclusives
Jar Jar Binks
E1 Senator Palpatine
TROS Force Ghost Luke

ESB 40th Wave - June 2020
Wave 1
Hoth Rebel Trooper x2
Dagobah Luke x1
Yoda w/Backpack x 1
2-1B x 1
Boba Fett x2
Lando x1

Wave 2
Ugnaught x1
Fx-7 x1
Bespin Security Guard x1
Snowy Chewbacca x1
Lobot x 2
Boba Fett x2

Deluxe
Probe Droid
Snowtrooper w/ E-Webb

Exclusives
General Reekan
Bespin Gown Leia

Celebration Exclusive
Bespin Luke (new face-tech) & ESB Vader 40th Anniversary 2 Pack

Vehicle
Snowspeeder w/ Luke

Wave 26 - July 2020 ( S7 Clone Wars)
Savage Opress x1
Darth Maul Mechanical Legs x1
Asaaj Ventress x1
S7 Clone Trooper x1
Pre Visla x1
Blue Shadow Stormtrooper x1
S7 Asohka x1
Cad Bane x1

Deluxe
Heavy Clone Trooper
Zeb Orrellios

Exclusives
Saw Gerrera
First Order Inquisitor
Bodhi Rook

SDCC Exclusives
Rise of Skywalker Knights of Ren 5-Pack
Mandalorian Biker Scout 2-Pack with Child Bag
Crait Luke Slip Box Release

Wave 27 - September 2020 (The Mandalorian)
Mandalorian Beskar Armor x2
Greef Karga x1
The Client x1
Moff Gideon w/ Dark Saber x1
Dirty Stormtrooper x 2
Mandolarian Clan Member x 1

Deluxe
Blurg w/ Kuill
Droiddekas

Exclusives
Fennic Shand
TROS Lando
Grevious Magna Guard 2 Pack

Wave 28 - November 2020 (Return of the Jedi)
Nien Nunb x 1
Admiral Ackbar x 1
Wicket x1
Bib Fortuna x 1
Endor Rebel Trooper x1
Weequay x 1
General Calrissian x1
Mon Mothma x1

Exclusives
Ghost Anakin
TROS Sith Royal Guard
Endor 3 Pack (Luke/Han/Leia)

Vehicle
AT-ST with Driver

And then if Hasbro was to renew moving into 2021 you could start with Season 2 of The Mandalorian, and A New Hope wave featuring a Death Star Gunner, Momaw, Figrin D'an, and a couple other cantina aliens.

I know my lineup has more figures than would be released but I tried to squeeze in as much as possible in case this is the end (which I would if I was Hasbro!).

What would you add/remove/change in a hypothetical 2020 finale lineup?

Last edited:
Reaction score
OT and PT aliens!
Like, ANY of the original Kenner alien OT figures.
I'm just dying for all the OT Cantina alien figures to be released properly!!
Hammerhead, Walrus Man and Snaggletooth.
ComeAAAAAAAAHN!!
Give an old collector a bone!

A Bespin gown Leia could be quite something.

Also - Aayla and Shaak Ti!

and for my deep cut - Darth Talon.

I feel like trooper territory has been extensively covered over the entire line, and as much as I'd love other 'variants' of popular main characters, rebels, jedis and imperials all included - I am really okay with what we have now

JUST GIVE US MORE ALIENS, for the love of all that is good about pointless adult toy collecting~!!! :p 🥰

IF Hasbro issued nothing but aliens for the next year, I would absolutely, positively, buy them all.

Reaction score
OT and PT aliens!
Like, ANY of the original Kenner alien OT figures.
I'm just dying for all the OT Cantina alien figures to be released properly!!
Hammerhead, Walrus Man and Snaggletooth.
ComeAAAAAAAAHN!!
Give an old collector a bone!

JUST GIVE US MORE ALIENS, for the love of all that is good about pointless adult toy collecting~!!! :p 🥰

IF Hasbro issued nothing but aliens for the next year, I would absolutely, positively, buy them all.
This. All of this... Aliens or might as well drop the license now.

Reaction score
Definitely more droids. FX-7 would be awesome. Death Star Droid. Gonk Droid. I'd explode if they gave us an AP-5. I love that droid so much.

Reaction score
Here's my 6" want list, which is not comprehensive/complete. The chances of most of these being made are slim, but one can always hope:

-Hammerhead (Momaw Nadon)
-Walrus Man
-Snaggletooth
-Kabe & Muftak two-pack
-Tonnika Sisters two-pack (ha ha)

-Rebel Fleet Soldier from the Tantive IV (generic)

ESB:

-Hoth Rebel Soldier w/laser rifle (generic)
-Major Derlin, Hoth Rebel Commander (Cliff Claven from Cheers)

-Lobot
-Ugnaught two-pack

ROTJ

-Bib Fortuna
-Oola w/Salacious Crumb

-Klaatu
-Barada
-Nikto

-Endor Rebel Soldier (generic)

Reaction score
Yeah, not holding my breath...

Besides they wouldn't have been green lit unless they had been re-envisioned under the Disney banner.

Reaction score
So, here's a legit question. I've asked it before, but can't recall getting an answer, or, if I did, I don't remember it. Why do more people want Ponda Baba than Dr. Evazan, or, more specifically, why do people want Ponda without Evazan? People are, of course, entitled to like or not like any character they want, but I guess I just always assumed everyone else took them to be a package deal like I did, Evazan's absence from the 70s figure line notwithstanding. Both times they appear they're together. It's like asking for Bulk but not Skull. Beavis but not Butthead. Etc. So how come Dr. Pig-Nose inspires no love in these want-lists?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, here's a legit question. I've asked it before, but can't recall getting an answer, or, if I did, I don't remember it. Why do more people want Ponda Baba than Dr. Evazan, or, more specifically, why do people want Ponda without Evazan? People are, of course, entitled to like or not like any character they want, but I guess I just always assumed everyone else took them to be a package deal like I did, Evazan's absence from the 70s figure line notwithstanding. Both times they appear they're together. It's like asking for Bulk but not Skull. Beavis but not Butthead. Etc. So how come Dr. Pig-Nose inspires no love in these want-lists?
I personally haven't noticed people picking one over the other but I probably just wasn't paying attention. I'd prefer Dr. Evazan if I had to choose between the two but they seem perfect for a double pack like the Last Jedi Luke/Rey set.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think you need them as a two-pack. Between ANH, Rogue One, and their appearance in the new-canon comics...they are pretty inseparable.

That said, if people are asking for just Ponda, it's probably on the principle of "I want different alien races" as a priority over "another human, but with a messed-up face."

Reaction score
When did Rebelscum become a SW LEGO website? I don’t mind the shared news, but why do I have to go to other collector websites to get Hasbro toy news? A lot of things we are talking about in the forums is info we are getting from other sites almost on daily basis.

Reaction score
When did Rebelscum become a SW LEGO website? I don’t mind the shared news, but why do I have to go to other collector websites to get Hasbro toy news? A lot of things we are talking about in the forums is info we are getting from other sites almost on daily basis.
I've also noticed this in recent years. Like I get that Legos have their fans and all, but... geez...

Reaction score
Here's my 6" want list, which is not comprehensive/complete. The chances of most of these being made are slim, but one can always hope:

-Walrus Man
-Snaggletooth
-Kabe & Muftak two-pack

)
You just need to get Favreau to put the Tonnika sisters in the Mandalorian.

Reaction score

-Walrus Man
-Snaggletooth
-Kabe & Muftak two-pack

-Rebel Fleet Soldier from the Tantive IV (generic)

ESB:

-Hoth Rebel Soldier w/laser rifle (generic)
-Major Derlin, Hoth Rebel Commander (Cliff Claven from Cheers)

-Lobot
-Ugnaught two-pack

ROTJ

-Bib Fortuna
-Oola w/Salacious Crumb

-Klaatu
-Barada
-Nikto

-Endor Rebel Soldier (generic)
This line still has MANY characters to get to. Outside of the newer movies, we haven't seen hardly any minor characters made. If the line keeps going, I can see many of these being done actually.

Reaction score
I'm hoping that the Snowspeeder Luke has a headsculpt without the cap and comes with a gun belt so that he can also serve as a "Dagobah Landing" Luke. Hopefully they throw in the harpoon gun too.
Ideally it would be both (skullcap and non ) for exactly that reason, but when was the last time we had swappable heads in a basic figure (I don't count Palpatine as he was a deluxe). Plus, having cold weather jacket tooled up, they can use it for Dak and pack him in with a BS Snowspeeder.... (I can dream, can't I!?!?)

Reaction score
This year it seems like there will be quite a few ESB 40th figures and at least a wave of PT figures. They may not get any Mando stuff out until the 2nd season this fall? Maybe we will find out at Toy Fair?

Reaction score
It's quite possible that the shows success has taken them completely by surprise, and it's a mad scramble behind the scenes to get more figures prototyped. But there are so many that they could put out without much alteration... Remnant trooper (Sandtrooper without backpack, but same dirt deco) or another release of the speeder bike (in white this time). There's plenty they can fill gaps with until brand new figures get sculpted and tooled...

Reaction score
Just saw that, JTA has a slightly bigger pic. Luke looks, y'know, good. *shrug* I'm more interested to see what they do with Vader. New ESB sculpt, or are they just going to punk out and slip the robe of the ANH figure under the shoulder armor.

Reaction score
Unless the new Luke headsculpt (or re deco of the original) is absolutely stellar, it looks like I'm going to be saving a lot of money on that wave.

Reaction score
I thought I'd sort of answered but rereading my post before, I was a bit vague.
I want Ponda a bit more because he was part of the original Kenner series of my childhood, though of course, I'd GLADLY take a two pack, but if I had to choose only one, it would be Ponda - as close to the pic I posted, please, thank you! 😉

Somewhat related, I watched E.T. for the first time in a decade or two, and laughed at the scene where Elliott shows E.T. his action figures:
Greedo, Hammerhead, Walrusman, Snaggletooth, Lando Calrissian, and Boba Fett.

All the COOL figures, that all kids wanted!! :D

Reaction score
did anyone see the pic of the 1st wave ESB 40th anniversary?

View attachment 342484
Since Luke is the only one that has yet to be released with the new face paint app, I imagine he will go the fastest?
He's the only one I "NEED".

I'm on the fence whether I'd want the rest of these, but mostly from a lack of space and spending money on figures I've already got.

I still need to get the first 40th anniversary Luke, Han and Ben to complete the first set.

Reaction score
Since Luke is the only one that has yet to be released with the new face paint app, I imagine he will go the fastest?
He's the only one I "NEED".

I'm on the fence whether I'd want the rest of these, but mostly from a lack of space and spending money on figures I've already got.

I still need to get the first 40th anniversary Luke, Han and Ben to complete the first set.
I'm lacking Han and Ben too, and R2 to complete the initial set, well... X-wing Luke too.
I will try to get Bespin Luke, but to open and replace the old one.

Reaction score
I think that Luke is going to sell like hot cakes for a couple of reasons...
1, It's a massive upgrade on the original
2, If The Snowspeeder Luke is sculpted with the skullcap, folk are going to want another 'Empire' head for the Dagobah landing look.

Reaction score
What kind of glue did Hasbro use on the 40th Anniversary figures? All of my bubbles are slowly falling off, and I would like to make them look less sad.

Reaction score
Going back to what someone asked earlier, about what we'd like to see if this is it or before the line ends, Jabba's palace aliens! Plus a whole bunch of other stuff, but I'd love some aliens!