The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Also super agreed on Shadows of the Empire. That needs to be brought into cannon at some point for sure. Animated film for Disney Plus?

Reaction score
Who is the one below Zeb? The heavy Mando or is that something else? Has a bit of a Pre Visla vibe to me.
It's Zeb, then the Fan Channel Heavy Infantry Mandalorian to the right, the Gamestop Jedi Knight Revan below, and a Shadow Stormtrooper from The Force Unleashed on the diagonal. Only the Mando & Revan have been "officially" confirmed, though Zeb has been strongly hinted at for some time and I can see the Stormie being another "Gaming Greats" from Gamestop like the Revan and Heavy Battle Droid.

Reaction score
When it comes to these Gaming Greats figures, there's only one thing I want:

Kyle Katarn.

Yeah, he's always been one of my favorites, too. He needs to make his way back into the new canon in a glorious fashion! Of course, he'd make a darn fine toy, too. I'd love a deluxe figure with his ****nal from Dark Forces.

Reaction score
Yeah, he's always been one of my favorites, too. He needs to make his way back into the new canon in a glorious fashion! Of course, he'd make a darn fine toy, too. I'd love a deluxe figure with his ****nal from Dark Forces.
For me, is Starkiller from Force Unleashed. Been wanting BS6” forever.

Reaction score
Anyone know difference between Purge Snowtrooper and Purge Stormtrooper???

I posted a reference photo of Purge SnowTrooper from Gamestop Catalog in the Rebelscum Forum Purge Stormtrooper discussion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure why Hasbro isn't using their haslab for "niche" figures like that. Churn out one big project a year and lot's of small projects/figures in between.
They might have gotten a little spooked with Haslab, even though it was very succesful with Jabba's barge. Then a downer with cookie monster and almost happened with the Transformer if they hadn't prolonged the backer-time (which was BS imo).
However I agree with your post. It's not a high risk project, but also not a high profit one either. But it would be a good place to make those happen. Kind of like the fan polls if they weren't so rigged.

Reaction score
Not sure why Hasbro isn't using their haslab for "niche" figures like that. Churn out one big project a year and lot's of small projects/figures in between.
They need to start doing this. The Japanese figure lines have shown how well the model can work. Hasbro saves money by eliminating the middle man on figures the big box stores would not have wanted anyway, plus they make only what's ordered so there are no over runs. Im sure it would appeal to collectors and secondary market speculators, as long as they guaranteed that the figures would never be reissued. And if they needed to make the price a little higher, they could offer extra hands or something relatively cheap.

Reaction score
They need to start doing this. The Japanese figure lines have shown how well the model can work. Hasbro saves money by eliminating the middle man on figures the big box stores would not have wanted anyway, plus they make only what's ordered so there are no over runs. Im sure it would appeal to collectors and secondary market speculators, as long as they guaranteed that the figures would never be reissued. And if they needed to make the price a little higher, they could offer extra hands or something relatively cheap.
It could be a way to beat the scalpers too.

Reaction score
Good idea, although I doubt Hasbro would commit to never reissue a figure. Though, maybe they could offer exclusive accessories, or a diorama piece, and special packaging to make it kind of a deluxe set.

Reaction score
Geez, seems like 95% of my purchases the last two months have been exclusives.
lol no joke, I was putting the boxes away of the most current figures I got and there must have been 6-8 that were exclusives. Off the top of my head they would be Clone Commander Fox, BattleFront Shock Trooper, Target C-3PO/Babu Frik, Best Buy IG-11, Wal-Mart Jedi Luke and Walgreens Clone War Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
Hasbro says that it's he only way for some figures to get made though, which would seem odd if Exclusives make up 90% of your purchases.
That would mean that without Exclusives this line couldn't exist either, despite how popular they claim it to be.

So it must be that the only figure's you're interested in are the Exclusives?

Reaction score
Hasbro says that it's he only way for some figures to get made though, which would seem odd if Exclusives make up 90% of your purchases.
That would mean that without Exclusives this line couldn't exist either, despite how popular they claim it to be.

I think they are refering to the larger, more expensive figures when Hasbro said that. Most exclusives could probably be thrown into a wave.

I took a look at the Black Series characters I bought in 2019 (so far) and 10 were regular releases, and 7 were Exclusives. So a little over 40% of the characters I purchased were an Exclusive. Interestingly, in the last 4 months I purchased 5 exclusives and only 1 regular release. (I bought mutliples of some, which I didn't count).

Obviously I don't buy everything, but the Exclusives have been more up my alley lately.

Reaction score

I'm in the same situation. Looking at everything I bought since Force Friday and everything I have on pre-order until the Gamestop exclusive "video-game line" figures, I have bought more exclusives than regular. More regular figures will be coming to me when the Dooku/prequel figures waves will be released, but until then it turns out most of the figures I am interested in are exclusives.

(note that I am in Europe and I order most fo my stuff from the UK, where what you guys in the US have as exclusives in different stores is available along the regular figures from the same retailer)

Reaction score
Whoever makes Baby Yoda plushies is onto a winner. I'm absolutely down for a Black Series Baby Yoda however they choose to do it
If they can make frick articulated to a degree, the child is completely possible. Maybe with a variant mando and his stroller pod as a deluxe?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know, right? And he's done like 5 versions! I think there's mine, one of him using the force in the carriage, a standing version of both without the carriage and then one eating that frog!
Got a link for them? Too bad they need to be painted, I suck at this 😅

Reaction score
Any chance we see a First Order Driver and Treadspeeder in 6" BS or 3.75 TVC line?
I know the GOA one is out, would be great to see one which can accommodate both FO Driver and Jet Trooper