The Black Series 6" - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
1. Her voice isn't good enough.
2. Neither is her beard.
Having heard wayyyyy more Heavy Metal, I suspect, than you have probably suffered through Madonna... I would argue that her voice simply isn't BAD enough. ;)

Reaction score
In a scale where there are vehicles in which to place them, sure......:whistling:
Hm, 2 seconds ago the thought of new scale Luke pilot was about as interesting as Wampa poop. I do kinda like the idea of a 1/9 scale X-Wing though...

Reaction score
Hmmm... I must say, I kinda like the look of this first 6-inch Luke offering... thus far, not too bad...

Admittedly (if indulged) I might end up cherry-picking characters from this line...

Colour me intrigued... :)

Reaction score
I'm interested in this line of figures... but not 100% sold on the idea. For some reason, I really like the 3 3/4 size of the current Star Wars action figures. I think its the amount of detail packed into the small figure is what makes them cool to me. When you bump the size up to 6in, yeah its cool, but it doesn't have the same "collecting" feel I have for the 3 3/4 figures.

Reaction score

Luke looks awesome. The packaging looks great too. I'm looking forward to seeing where this line goes and if I can find it in stores!

Reaction score
$20 for 6 inch figure? **** you hasbro. I hope you crash and burn.
Yeah, this is my feeling as well. We are going to see stacks of these not selling. And if they turn the 3 3/4 line into toddler toys with the 5 POA, at least I'll have some money to spend on the new scale Dr. Who figures and more Hobbit figs.

Reaction score
Well, that Luke looks pretty darn nice! If the final production figure looks like this, and the rest of the figures are on par with him, then I am definitely in! 8 figures a year sounds pretty manageable as well...heck I only found about 8 of Hasbro's 3 3/4" figures at retail last year.

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to try hard to not get many of these. I cant let myself become a completist and really I am gonna try and resist getting any at all. I have got too much invested in the 4" line.

I wonder if this will be a success with so many adult collectors possibly in the same boat. Those around long enough will remember the Epic Force line, which was a similar venture. I was hugely excited about it back then, but it wasnt a success, and was very short lived. I wonder how this will go?

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to try hard to not get many of these. I cant let myself become a completist and really I am gonna try and resist getting any at all. I have got too much invested in the 4" line.

I wonder if this will be a success with so many adult collectors possibly in the same boat. Those around long enough will remember the Epic Force line, which was a similar venture. I was hugely excited about it back then, but it wasnt a success, and was very short lived. I wonder how this will go?
You mean those mini-statues on the lazy Susan turntable display bases? I wouldn't say there's any comparison at all, other than improved sculpts and scale. These are a totally different beast.

Reaction score
I could see some nice smaller vehicles being produced for this line. A shuttle may be out of the question, unless you're ready to take a lien on your house. A nice detailed 6" scale Landspeeder would be pretty nice, and shouldn't be too pricey.

Reaction score
Looks great, not sure I want to start another line though. The Stormtrooper is a definite buy. I am sure I will get sucked in as soon as I see them though. What worries me is the comments about people wanting their iconic characters (ie more Prequels heroes over and over again), the backhanded comment about the 15th canitna alien, and that the 6 inch are for "dad" and the 3 3/4" are for the kids. While I uderstand the last comment, it says to me more focus on the same core characters and less articulation. Two things that I beleive will kill the line all together as evidenced this year with the TPM waves.

GNT

Reaction score
Epic Force line was horrible, they were designed just to be statues on display showcasing the best moments of the trilogy. The Black series is fully articulated figures!

Reaction score
I have to admit that Luke is nice, I may have to pick up some of these. I'm fearing the 3 3/4 line might be losing some articulation now. Happy for those that wanted something new, I just want my 3 3/4 figures to continue in the current style and PLEASE bring back "normal" sized vehicles for them.

Reaction score
Sorry for all the posts, but can't edit... Anyone else find It's odd that Hasbro is coming out with a larger line, when most of us die hards have multiple rooms devoted t the current collection? It's one of the things I like about the cards, the comics, and even the fighter Pods...you can collect hundreds and it taeks up so little real estate, hell after a year or two, I'll need a new wing added on just for the 6" line! I have no idea who is running the marketing department, but man...the oversights. Plus, not to mention demographics are showing more and more college grads are deciding to live in townhomes, and apartment complexes vs. larger sq. foot houses in the burbs. What makes you think the newer collectors will even have enough room in thier closet for a larger 6" line. I like the looks of the line, but all I can say is Wow... just WOW.

Reaction score
The one figure we have seen, I must admit, looks VERY good.

Personally, I can't see myself starting up a new collection after ALL THIS TIME... Especially since, well, no vehicles. I suppose I could be persuaded to pick up a few along the way, but really... Sadlt, the characters I would most like to see all seem very remote at this point. Sand People. Jawa. R5-D4. Power Droid. Silver Death Star Droid... Greedo. Walrus Man... Any of those would be tempting. But somehow I suspect it will all be heroes and villains and so I probably shall just admire from the sidelines...

Time will tell. My guess for the years eight figures are depressing though.

Luke Skywalker (Pilot)
Darth Maul
Artoo Detoo
Sandtrooper
Obi-wan Kenobi (TPM)
Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)

Reaction score
I'm interested in a select list of characters... R2-D2, C-3PO, maybe Vader and a Stormtrooper. If they ever get to a Gamorrean Guard, I may even keep one in the package.

Reaction score
Luke looks real nice, I hope that we get more accessories along with these, not just what we are used to getting with the 3.75" line.

Reaction score
No matter how much better these might end up looking compared to 4 inch figures, I simply am not going to "reboot" my collection. I'm collecting 4 inch figures or not collecting at all. The only other scale I bought into was the original Unleashed line because those were more like statues that worked well as display pieces, these are just large action figures...

Reaction score
Luke look fantastic, but I'm not buying them. The 3 3/4" line is the only scale I collect. I'm not starting over, and I don't have space for larger figures, no matter how nice they are. I really hope the quality of the 3 3/4" line doesn't do downhill. There's still so much more that needs to be done.

Reaction score
I'm just curious where this leaves the 4" line. If that keeps going like it always has, then these things really don't bug me. Just an added bonus to what we are already getting, and I might even pick some up. If this is something they threw out there so they could turn the 4" line into 5 POA all with missile launchers and only main characters...well I might have to rethink if I want to collect Hasbro product anymore.

Reaction score
First of all, that article more or less confirms TVC will continue in 2013! Yes!! Second of all, that 6" Luke rocks my you-know-what. Sold. At $20 a pop, I will not be a completist with this line, but no way could I pass up a figure of that quality.
My thoughts exactly. Bring on Yoda!

Reaction score
Hm, 2 seconds ago the thought of new scale Luke pilot was about as interesting as Wampa poop. I do kinda like the idea of a 1/9 scale X-Wing though...
If they did make an X-Wing in this scale, just imagine how much it would cost considering one figure is 20 bucks a pop.

Reaction score
THE BLACK SERIES

No offense, but is this the best name Hasbro's marketing department could come up with?

Fred: "So, Bill, this meeting has been going on for four hours, we're all tired and hungry. Can't we give this baby a name and call it a day?"

Bill: "Errrrrr-kay. Let's brainstorm some more. Let's start over with the basics. We've got highly articulated 6" action figures, they come in a fancy bla--"

Fred: "The Black Series. Everyone agree? Great. Lunch break!"

Reaction score
I don't want to see the 3 3/4 line get dumped on by this new series. I believe most of us have the 3 3/4 line at the heart of our collecting and still look forward to many new figures and quality updates before we'd consider moving on. and with the new movies, there's a whole new pool of characters to collect. The distribution has been horrible but the figure quality has not, and I'm still committed to collecting this line #1. I think it's a huge mistake if Hasbro uses this new line to go cheap on the other. But if that is not the case, and Hasbro continues to go at the 3 3/4 line with current quality, I'm all up for trying to support the 6" line as I can too. I love this Luke figure and can't wait to see others. The price is very fair in my opinion and hope it does well. I'm sure many will treat it as a 2nd line and collect favorites, but with only 8-12 a year, that might work. Interested in further details.

Reaction score
My wants from this series Grievous, Vader, Boba, Jango, Bespin Luke, Savage, General Krell, Commander Gree, Shock trooper and Geonosis Padme. Half of these probably won't happen though.