The Black Series 6" Customs

Reaction score
Always use the rebelscum photogallery to upload your pics. That way, the pics will always be around as long as RS is. It's pretty much self explanatory, assuming you know where in your CPU the pics are. :\ Once you get it uploaded into your gallery, all you need to do to get them in your post is click on the My Photos button in the lower left corner of the box you are typing in jerk (sorry, had to add something so that I didn't end the sentence with a preposition, and I figured adding jerk was proactive to the jerk that would point out I ended a sentence with a preposition(yeah I'm in a real goofy mood(even more so than normal)(hence the embedded parenthesis))). Anyway, just click on the photo you want in your post and it will add a thumbnail automatically. Hope that makes sense.

Reaction score
Wow, you learn something new every day! Thanks Tontus, I never noticed that "My Photos" button down there before! I always open up another tab with the RS Forums and go through the photo gallery and right click, properties, and cut and paste the link to the photo...you probably just freed up years of my life for me!

Had to give it a try :)

Reaction score
Well took me longer then I had thought but here is a few pics sorry they are from my phone so not the best pics so here is R2-Q5

Reaction score
Here is my R2-Q5 custom:| This is my first Star Wars custom it has a few flaws but I had fun doing it

Reaction score
Wow that's sharp! Nice work! Maybe I'll get brave and try something similar.

Reaction score
Posted this a while ago:
So, I bought this with the intent to repaint it, so this wasn't that much of a trek for me. I really love the sculpt, but some aspects of the articulation could've been better. Really, the hips -- they're extremely limited not only because of the armor, but the poorly built system of two ABS pieces wrapping around a single PVC socket, which is a slightly elongated oval for up and down movement. Really, it doesn't work out that well, and isn't anywhere near as poseable as the ML Bucky Cap hips.

I replaced those, allowing him to kneel by curving the top more into the actual hip piece at the thigh, and do the splits. I also raised the neck a hair to compensate for the fact that the knees and elbows were extended because of the poor plastic choice in those areas.

For the paintjob, I repainted everything aside from his backpack. I went over with a very shoddy brown wash so the indents would have some depth (though subtle), then I did a light coat of Tamiya spray dark yellow, following up with a similarly light, but more so, Tamiya spray matte white. I finished it off by spraying some more dark yellow, focussing more around the lower legs. I then drybrushed on testors flat white, and added on those brown scuffs/etc. I didn't repaint the little blue vent things on the helmet, just taped over them when I sprayed. I repainted the pauldron with a similar orange, and did some very subtle midtones near the buttons (I also repainted those on the little pouches by the pauldron). I painted the button for the strap, and repainted all of the black/painted the head completely. I then finished it all off with a single testors spray dullcoat.

Reaction score
That's really good, especially for being a virgin.
Thanks Tontus314

Looks sweet, Sparkey. How long did that take?
Thanks Ackbar254 I had about an hour doing 3 base coats then around 5 to 5 1/2 hours doing detail work then another 20 mins on the gloss coat but all the time counts getting aggravated and walking off to smoke a cig But all in all I'm happy with the end results and ready to do another astromech in a week or two

Reaction score
Wow that's sharp! Nice work! Maybe I'll get brave and try something similar.
Thanks took me 3 or 4 weeks of debating and looking at pics befor I just went for it. It ended up being 28.54 in paint and a few good brushes + 21.46 for R2 and I had around an hour on 3 coats of base coat around 5 and a half hrs in paint detailing and about 20 mins on 2 coats of gloss. I'm geting ready to do another astromech in a week or two just trying to figure out witch one Ill be doing next

Reaction score
What about your own creation?

Or, I lived with a kid for awhile and he colored 4 or 5 R2s in a coloring book that I painted in the 3.75" line. Maybe you can recruit your kids to design a droid.

Reaction score
What about your own creation?

Or, I lived with a kid for awhile and he colored 4 or 5 R2s in a coloring book that I painted in the 3.75" line. Maybe you can recruit your kids to design a droid.
My wife want's me to do a R2-KT

Reaction score
That's going to cause quite a bit of grief. It's going to take 2 or more coats of pink to cover the blue, and that's an awful lot of detailing to do 2 or 3 times. Also, for some reason I'm thinking we might get an official version.

Reaction score
That's going to cause quite a bit of grief. It's going to take 2 or more coats of pink to cover the blue, and that's an awful lot of detailing to do 2 or 3 times. Also, for some reason I'm thinking we might get an official version.
I could see Hasbro releasing R2-KT as an online exclusive or SDCC and if it doe's come down the pike I'd get one; after reading the story about that little girl I wanted to go buy the 3 3/4 one to help support the cause and then hold my daughter a little tighter!

Reaction score
Yo Billy_Ray, a question about the lead pencil line weathering method; How do you prevent the detailing from being smudged away from future handling? Just wondering how durable it is?
Sorry, just now saw this, but it looks like your question has pretty much been answered by others. Haven't really experienced it being smudged away, but then that was kind of the point in the first place. I went over the lines of the panels with the pencil, then shaded him a bit all over and then purposefully smudged away as much as I could. What's in the crevices stays put and you get a sort of weathering that matched up pretty well with what Hasbro already did on his feet.

Reaction score
I did some simple customizations for the Sandtroopers: a white pauldron and a black pauldron.

Reaction score
The look of the terrible paint job on the upcoming Slave Leia and Luke Bespin got me to thinking....COULD I customize and paint a face at this scale? If I couldn't, I'd give up on buying the human figures. Anyway, I tried my luck on an extra Luke I bought, in case I'd do a Snowspeeder or Dagobah Landing 6" custom. Anyway, I removed the paint and tried. It's not perfect, but a bit better than the terrible factory jobs it looks like are coming our way.

Reaction score
I need some advice on how to heat and reform a bent leg, how would I go about reshaping my figure?

Reaction score
Sounds like you answered your own question before you asked it.

Heat then reshape.

If you're asking for specifics on the heat process, use either a hair dryer or microwave a cup of water for 3.33 then stick the fig in the water for a minute or so. Then straighten it out while it cools down. Some people like to stick it in the freezer afterwards.

Oh yeah, for legal purposes - CAUTION figure and water may be hot after heating it. Use caution so you don't burn yourself and don't drink the water. If you apply the hot water to your skin, rinse with cool water. If you drink it, do not induce vomiting or call a poison center. You're already good as dead at that point. Wear safety goggles and gloves. Do not run with scissors or sit too close to the TV while waiting on water to heat. That should cover it. I am not responsible for any injury or death that may occur.

Reaction score
Main You crack me up Tongue, I will give this a try good looking out..

Reaction score
I ment you crack me up TONTUS, NOT TONGUE DAMN SMART PHONE.

Reaction score
We gotta put an end to smart phone posting. I don't ever want to see crack and tongue in the same sentence ever again when it's concerning me. :hmm:

Reaction score

What if you used a gray primer over the blue, instead of going right for pink?

Reaction score
Couple of questions.

What is the best paint brand to repaint the sandtrooper, which won't crack with a slight bend considering the figure is rubbery?

What would be used to remove the yellow paint on the sandtrooper?

Thanks!

Reaction score
The look of the terrible paint job on the upcoming Slave Leia and Luke Bespin got me to thinking....COULD I customize and paint a face at this scale? If I couldn't, I'd give up on buying the human figures. Anyway, I tried my luck on an extra Luke I bought, in case I'd do a Snowspeeder or Dagobah Landing 6" custom. Anyway, I removed the paint and tried. It's not perfect, but a bit better than the terrible factory jobs it looks like are coming our way.

I'm impressed!

Reaction score
Building a dio, here's my squad of Sandies.

More here - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1104152/

I also customized each of the figures by lowering the backpacks to the correct height as seen in ANH.

Here's a pic of my Corporals ready to join the action. The 6 man squad is now complete now on to the Speeder!

Reaction score
Great work on that Sand Trooper, although you should add a little wash to the pack. Dirty it up a bit.

Reaction score
Thanks, fellas.

Here is my reasoning with the scale. The first Crumb they did with modern figures, that comes with Oola, is in a pretty small scale. But, I think it might be accurate. They did a new Crumb with Amanaman, but it's practically the same size. Then during the 30th anniversary line, they did that articulated Crumb that comes with the Threepio and also later with the Jabba playset. The articulated Crumb is sort of similar in look and size to the vintage 1980s Crumb figure. But, he's noticeably larger than the previous two modern Crumbs. Which figure, if any, is more accurate in scale? I decided to try to sculpt him about twice as big as the articulated Crumb, because if I had tried to "2 up" the two smaller sculpts, it would be basically so similar in size and articulation to the 30th articulated Crumb that making one is sort of pointless other than creating one just for the sake of sculpting it.

There is also the suspension of disbelief versus puppet scale issue... the one I sculpted looks like a figure in 6" scale could be operating it as a puppet with their hand and arm in it. I like that a little better than slightly smaller as if he were a real alien creature. It could possibly look a little better smaller, but one has to remember that I am an artist and customizer who's limited to the materials that I have to work with.

Reaction score
I'm thinking of chopping off about a third of the length of the stock on Boba Fett's carbine just so he can actually shoulder it like so:

Of course, this would mean that the stock would be missing a third of the sculpted greeblies on the sides. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of chopping off about a third of the length of the stock on Boba Fett's carbine just so he can actually shoulder it like so:

Of course, this would mean that the stock would be missing a third of the sculpted greeblies on the sides. Any thoughts?

Maybe slice off the greeblies with an xacto blade, then glue em back on after shortening the stock?