The Black Series 6" Customs

Reaction score
rough it up a bit with very fine sandpaper, it helps the paint stick better. The most succsess I have had was with Tamyia (SP?) paints. the key is to use paint sparingly in multiple coats for the best result. Then use a matte sealer.

Reaction score
rough it up a bit with very fine sandpaper, it helps the paint stick better. The most succsess I have had was with Tamyia (SP?) paints. the key is to use paint sparingly in multiple coats for the best result. Then use a matte sealer.
Cool. Thanks. Is there like a Tamiya starter kit that has a variety of paints for different things?

Reaction score
I'd use a white primer for parts that are lighter colors. I personally don't like Tamiya, I find them way too thin. I've mostly used Model Master Acryl (you can buy it at Hobby Lobby)but lately I'm starting to really like Vallejo Game Color or Model Color (at most hobby shops and a little bit at Hobby Lobby). Dunno about starter sets, I usually just buy prime colors then mix, though I'll buy specific shades in some cases.

Reaction score
I'd use a white primer for parts that are lighter colors. I personally don't like Tamiya, I find them way too thin. I've mostly used Model Master Acryl (you can buy it at Hobby Lobby)but lately I'm starting to really like Vallejo Game Color or Model Color (at most hobby shops and a little bit at Hobby Lobby). Dunno about starter sets, I usually just buy prime colors then mix, though I'll buy specific shades in some cases.
The tamiya paints have been hard to get for me since the hobby shops here closed. I will try these out for sure thanks.

Reaction score
Sorry for multiple posts, my head's not in the game tonight.
I missed Landspeeder at my Ollie's by a day...I would also make very fair trade for Dewback or Landspeeder if anyone got extra on the cheap.
Of course Parintachin73 gets first dibs, not trying to bump line.
Hey man, dunno if you're still looking but EE has Dewbacks for $21.99 & free shipping as of today. Yesterday it was a $15 doorbuster but I missed it so I jumped on this cause I never found one at Ollie's or B&N

Reaction score
The trigger finger on my Mandalorian was breaking off, so I superglued it. Unfortunately I was too concerned with my finger sticking to the figure and I didn't see that some of the glue got onto the wrist joint. It is now completely frozen. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
The trigger finger on my Mandalorian was breaking off, so I superglued it. Unfortunately I was too concerned with my finger sticking to the figure and I didn't see that some of the glue got onto the wrist joint. It is now completely frozen. Any suggestions?
Maybe dig in it with a needle?
If it were my figure, I'd probably try freezing it and then whacking it on a hard surface a couple of times, or conversely, holding it in boiling water to see if it loosens the glue up. I say "if it were my figure" because there's a good change of breaking or tearing it with either of those ideas, so I'm hesitant to outright recommend it. I expect the hot water would do a better job of loosening the adhesive though.

Reaction score
Rey and Finn were my first experiment with arms, but yes. The boil and pop worked for them.

Here's another fairly simple custom based on comic appearance Leia. Parts are a holster from Jyn, Shawl from Padme and a belt from ANH Leia. Not sure if she really wears that in the comic, but I think it adds just a bit more to the figure overall.

It's very similar to her appearance in Marvel's Star Wars #68, which introduced the planet Mandalore and the Mandalorians:

Reaction score
Yup, that Leia looks great -- good job! Now that I've got the Skywalker Strikes Luke and done (my only actual mod) a headswap to put a Bespin Han head on a brown-jacket Solo body, I'm going to throw the Padme cape on Bespin Escape Leia to make a Marvel-run trio to display.

Reaction score
It's very similar to her appearance in Marvel's Star Wars #68, which introduced the planet Mandalore and the Mandalorians:
That is one of the few stories they released as comics here in Denmark, in Danish, back in the day - they released about 20 issues of those Marvel issues. I remember it well, because they wrote their language to be a bit special. I still have them :D although they are not very minty anymore.

IMG_20191204_105538_1.jpgIMG_20191204_110053_2.jpg

Reaction score
Odd question, but does anyone know the best plastic putty to use on vac formed styrene? I was doing some research, and apparently some putties are solvent based and can melt styrene... yet most of the listings I've found online for putties don't say what they're made of. Can anyone recommend a brand?

Reaction score
Odd question, but does anyone know the best plastic putty to use on vac formed styrene? I was doing some research, and apparently some putties are solvent based and can melt styrene... yet most of the listings I've found online for putties don't say what they're made of. Can anyone recommend a brand?
Fixit sculpt. 2 part putty, used it for EVERYTHING, including styrene