The Black Series 6" Customs

Reaction score
rough it up a bit with very fine sandpaper, it helps the paint stick better. The most succsess I have had was with Tamyia (SP?) paints. the key is to use paint sparingly in multiple coats for the best result. Then use a matte sealer.

Reaction score
rough it up a bit with very fine sandpaper, it helps the paint stick better. The most succsess I have had was with Tamyia (SP?) paints. the key is to use paint sparingly in multiple coats for the best result. Then use a matte sealer.
Cool. Thanks. Is there like a Tamiya starter kit that has a variety of paints for different things?

Reaction score
I'd use a white primer for parts that are lighter colors. I personally don't like Tamiya, I find them way too thin. I've mostly used Model Master Acryl (you can buy it at Hobby Lobby)but lately I'm starting to really like Vallejo Game Color or Model Color (at most hobby shops and a little bit at Hobby Lobby). Dunno about starter sets, I usually just buy prime colors then mix, though I'll buy specific shades in some cases.

Reaction score
I'd use a white primer for parts that are lighter colors. I personally don't like Tamiya, I find them way too thin. I've mostly used Model Master Acryl (you can buy it at Hobby Lobby)but lately I'm starting to really like Vallejo Game Color or Model Color (at most hobby shops and a little bit at Hobby Lobby). Dunno about starter sets, I usually just buy prime colors then mix, though I'll buy specific shades in some cases.
The tamiya paints have been hard to get for me since the hobby shops here closed. I will try these out for sure thanks.

Reaction score
Sorry for multiple posts, my head's not in the game tonight.
I missed Landspeeder at my Ollie's by a day...I would also make very fair trade for Dewback or Landspeeder if anyone got extra on the cheap.
Of course Parintachin73 gets first dibs, not trying to bump line.
Hey man, dunno if you're still looking but EE has Dewbacks for $21.99 & free shipping as of today. Yesterday it was a $15 doorbuster but I missed it so I jumped on this cause I never found one at Ollie's or B&N

Reaction score
The trigger finger on my Mandalorian was breaking off, so I superglued it. Unfortunately I was too concerned with my finger sticking to the figure and I didn't see that some of the glue got onto the wrist joint. It is now completely frozen. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
The trigger finger on my Mandalorian was breaking off, so I superglued it. Unfortunately I was too concerned with my finger sticking to the figure and I didn't see that some of the glue got onto the wrist joint. It is now completely frozen. Any suggestions?
Maybe dig in it with a needle?
If it were my figure, I'd probably try freezing it and then whacking it on a hard surface a couple of times, or conversely, holding it in boiling water to see if it loosens the glue up. I say "if it were my figure" because there's a good change of breaking or tearing it with either of those ideas, so I'm hesitant to outright recommend it. I expect the hot water would do a better job of loosening the adhesive though.

Reaction score
Rey and Finn were my first experiment with arms, but yes. The boil and pop worked for them.

Here's another fairly simple custom based on comic appearance Leia. Parts are a holster from Jyn, Shawl from Padme and a belt from ANH Leia. Not sure if she really wears that in the comic, but I think it adds just a bit more to the figure overall.

It's very similar to her appearance in Marvel's Star Wars #68, which introduced the planet Mandalore and the Mandalorians:

Reaction score
Yup, that Leia looks great -- good job! Now that I've got the Skywalker Strikes Luke and done (my only actual mod) a headswap to put a Bespin Han head on a brown-jacket Solo body, I'm going to throw the Padme cape on Bespin Escape Leia to make a Marvel-run trio to display.

Reaction score
It's very similar to her appearance in Marvel's Star Wars #68, which introduced the planet Mandalore and the Mandalorians:
That is one of the few stories they released as comics here in Denmark, in Danish, back in the day - they released about 20 issues of those Marvel issues. I remember it well, because they wrote their language to be a bit special. I still have them :D although they are not very minty anymore.

IMG_20191204_105538_1.jpgIMG_20191204_110053_2.jpg

Reaction score
Odd question, but does anyone know the best plastic putty to use on vac formed styrene? I was doing some research, and apparently some putties are solvent based and can melt styrene... yet most of the listings I've found online for putties don't say what they're made of. Can anyone recommend a brand?

Reaction score
Odd question, but does anyone know the best plastic putty to use on vac formed styrene? I was doing some research, and apparently some putties are solvent based and can melt styrene... yet most of the listings I've found online for putties don't say what they're made of. Can anyone recommend a brand?
Fixit sculpt. 2 part putty, used it for EVERYTHING, including styrene

Reaction score
With the announcement of the Figuarts Emp/ERG set I've decided to turn my 2 black series ERGs into Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax. Question....can anyone think of a good Marvel Legends or any line really, that's has a weapon like the dual blades staff these guys use. I'm gonna post on one of my FB groups too but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Reaction score
With the announcement of the Figuarts Emp/ERG set I've decided to turn my 2 black series ERGs into Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax. Question....can anyone think of a good Marvel Legends or any line really, that's has a weapon like the dual blades staff these guys use. I'm gonna post on one of my FB groups too but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!
John "Jin Saotome" Malamas uses NECA "Hit-Girl" blades.

Reaction score
Does anyone have an Old Ben Kenobi robe (or even full figure)they wanna trade or sell? Or any brown Jedi robe really. Need it to finish my Mythos Kenobi. Thanks!

Reaction score
Much better. Did you replace the hands too? Were there any modifications needed or just straight up part swapping?
Hey guys, it’s not exactly a straight parts swap. Takes a little work. But totally doable by most anyone. I’ll make a post soon showing how I did it.

For now, quick answer is I used the head, neck / dumbbell joint and hands from Yavin Luke.

Reaction score
I didn't get too close a look at the cut of the tunic, but does anyone else think I could get away with repainting a Death Star troopers jacket blue and giving him an RFT helmet would make a passable New Republic prison guard?

Reaction score
I didn't get too close a look at the cut of the tunic, but does anyone else think I could get away with repainting a Death Star troopers jacket blue and giving him an RFT helmet would make a passable New Republic prison guard?
If I recall correctly he (NRPG) wears his pants over his boots.

Reaction score
Ooh you're right there. It'd only be very minimal sculpting to cover up those boots from the ankle up. I'm dying to try it, but I'd hate to sacrifice a perfectly good DST to do it, so it might remain an idle thought....

Reaction score
I did a custom of Kir Kanos when the ERG figure came out...

View media item 395895
Not a perfect match for the head, but I liked the look.
I don’t have a picture of him holding it, but I used a double ended sculpting tool.

06D340BC-ED44-48FB-AB1F-25960BE26A39.jpeg

Not exact, but the perfect length & width for him to hold. They are pretty cheap at hobby stores.

Reaction score
Finished some customs...

First is the Imperial Sentinel droid (Emperor’s messenger) from the Battlefront game.

Shot from the game & comics...

6DAA9FC1-F5D7-4BFB-84AF-DFC3448886D5.jpegD66EE3A3-F1F4-440B-A9C1-2FD1FE53BE44.jpeg

For my custom I used the body of a Pretorian guard, cut away some of the arm shield pieces & left some to shape the upper section of the arms. The collar piece, helmet & screen, & clear Emperor’s head are from Outer Rim Traders.
the coat is from Scottacus Customs. I painted all the pieces, & used Vallejo Model Color Transparent Blue on the clear Emperor’s head.

View media item 395903

I ran a micro LED up through the neck into the head to light it up...
View media item 395904

LED off...
View media item 395905
I need to smooth the surface on the faceplate a bit more to get rid of the haze.

Reaction score
And the last one is a 6” Droideka custom using the Hasbro ‘Power of the Jedi’ Mega Action figure.

I reconfigured the arms & cabling & then repainted it...

View media item 395911
View media item 395910
doing droid yoga...

View media item 395912
and about to crane kick a Jedi...

View media item 395909

Reaction score
Those all look great man! And thanks for the sculpting tool suggestion. I have a ton of those. But I have a potential trade in the works through a FB group for the KA2 Hit Girl dual bladed staff.

Reaction score
Those all look great man! And thanks for the sculpting tool suggestion. I have a ton of those. But I have a potential trade in the works through a FB group for the KA2 Hit Girl dual bladed staff.
Thank you. There is also a guy on Shapeways that makes one specifically for the ERGs. A bit pricey though...

Reaction score
I don't know how I just noticed this, but my Archive IG-88 has one warped leg.
Any suggestions?
I know heat (water, hair dryer) but as everyone knows the legs are already super thin and I am afraid of worsening things.
If anyone has remedied this thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I don't know how I just noticed this, but my Archive IG-88 has one warped leg.
Any suggestions?
I know heat (water, hair dryer) but as everyone knows the legs are already super thin and I am afraid of worsening things.
If anyone has remedied this thanks in advance.
I posted a fix a while back in the IG-88 threads (first issue & archive).
Here is a link to one of them...

You have to click on the pictures to show them (ever since the forum upgrade).
Hopefully it can provide some help.

Reaction score
I posted a fix a while back in the IG-88 threads (first issue & archive).
Here is a link to one of them...

You have to click on the pictures to show them (ever since the forum upgrade).
Hopefully it can provide some help.
Easy and ingenious...this may well be the fix I need. I even have memory wire from a past project.
Thanks much. (Now if I can just implant jointed hips...lol).