The Black Series 6" Customs

Reaction score
The upscaling of 3.75” to 6” figures is fantastic, but does anyone know of anywhere that does the 6” down to 3.75” range for the missing characters (General Leia, Holdo and Vos for example)?

Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't posted here in a while but thought I'd share my 2nd attempt at Crait Luke...
This time I used the custom kit from Scottacus Customs rather than trying to do the soft goods myself.

The base is a farm boy Luke, with a modified shrunken hot toys head that I originally got from casting cave. I dremmeled down the hair with a bit of resculpting. While most of the clothing is from scottacus I chose to add some pants to Luke’s outfit which were made from the bottom half of a female body suit. Here is the full work-in-progress set:

Final product:

Reaction score
Man South you did an excellent job on that Luke!! The paintwork on that head is flawless and as always your soft goods are first class, you should send some sewing patterns to Hasbro and maybe they can start giving us some respectable robes.

Reaction score
southp_OT I can't come up with any words that describe what an amazing job you did there.

Reaction score
Question for owners of most of the black series Jedi...Which figure has the largest frame overall, Mace or Qui-Gon? Looking to make a K’kruhk custom and I need the largest Jedi base figure I can find. Thx!

Reaction score
Question for owners of most of the black series Jedi...Which figure has the largest frame overall, Mace or Qui-Gon? Looking to make a K’kruhk custom and I need the largest Jedi base figure I can find. Thx!
I'd believe he's bigger overall but personally I'd use Qui-Gon. I feel the K'kruhk head would look more natural on that body

Reaction score
Man South you did an excellent job on that Luke!! The paintwork on that head is flawless and as always your soft goods are first class, you should send some sewing patterns to Hasbro and maybe they can start giving us some respectable robes.
Thanks TK. Most of the clothing came from Scottacus customs as a kit. I added the pants only, so I can't take the credit. I do appreciate the comments on the paint job - it's taken years of painting heads to get to this point. I think my first BS paint job was in early 2016, so it's a solid 3 years to get to this point where I'm finally proud of my work on human faces.

https://scottacuscustoms.com/star-wars/

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
Just a quick idea for those making dioramas.. Came across the "panel filler" piece from the old 3.75 COBRA Terror Drome last week, all I saw was it's potential for a astromech computer terminal.

After getting it in, I wasn't disappointed. A little trimming (to help fit the wall edge better) and it sits perfectly for the Bandai 1:12 R-series droids. Their computer probes fit great too

Reaction score
Thanks so much. Really appreciate man.
I agree, amazing work on Luke.
I'm so envious of you guys with the mad skills to paint faces that well. I repainted old Luke's and old Han's hair, but I lack the skill to do human faces.
I'm trying to work up the courage to do Yoda's face. If I score an archive Yoda I'm going to give that one a shot. Same with Anakin, I don't want to risk messing them up til I have a replacement in hand.
Anyway, excellent job.

Reaction score
The upscaling of 3.75” to 6” figures is fantastic, but does anyone know of anywhere that does the 6” down to 3.75” range for the missing characters (General Leia, Holdo and Vos for example)?
I've heard mention of upscaling, but I'm not up on the process.
Is it a type of molding (some type of silicone)?
If by chance you know name of product used I will do the research. Thanks.

Reaction score
I don't do it - followed the link a few comments before mine - The site sells 6" versions of 3.75" figures which seem to be repro figures but made bigger - I guess similarly to the way GG are doing the jumbo vintage figures...

Reaction score
I know southp_OT has done some work with upscaling.

Reaction score
So after seeing that really complex, awesome job on Luke from southp_OT, here's something really simple and no where near as impressive.

This one has been on my to do list for a while. I just finally got the parts needed for a decent price. Three figures used. Island Rey head and hands, TFA Rey body and of course a TFA Finn.

Reaction score
So after seeing that really complex, awesome job on Luke from southp_OT, here's something really simple and no where near as impressive.

This one has been on my to do list for a while. I just finally got the parts needed for a decent price. Three figures used. Island Rey head and hands, TFA Rey body and of course a TFA Finn.

Finn's arms on Rey's body... Goldeneye DK mode anybody?

Reaction score
Seems like a good time to ask; the arms on 6" figures, do they boil and pop for swapping like their 3.75" brethren?

Reaction score
Like Oofa said, I've done quite a bit of enlarging casts. I used the old technique of soaking the silicone mold, but now there is a product called hydrospan. You can find out more here if you're really interested.

http://www.industrialpolymers.com/hydrospan/hydrospan-100

Reaction score
Like Oofa said, I've done quite a bit of enlarging casts. I used the old technique of soaking the silicone mold, but now there is a product called hydrospan. You can find out more here if you're really interested.

http://www.industrialpolymers.com/hydrospan/hydrospan-100
Thanks, South.
I will do some research.
I do model kit building, and have worked with products like Tamiya putty, but I've never tried any type of casting. (Like an idiot, I lost the back end of a 1/72 Bandai X-wing cannon and need to pick up casting to replace the part, but that's a different topic altogether).
If you get a chance, how would you rate the difficulty of upscaling on a scale of 1 to 10?
Anyway, thanks for the link and I'm off to do a bit if reading on it.

Reaction score
Thinking about making a photo real Jango Fett by headswapping with Rex and painting his hair. I don't suppose anyone knows if the neck posts are compatible?

Reaction score
Anyone want the fodder body needed to make TLJ Finn? It's already assembled just needs a Finn head and some skin paint. I would paint it for you if you'd like. I just used the other parts for a custom of my own and have no use for the other pieces.

Reaction score
Stalking the junkyard of Ord Mantell comes the fearsome assassin droid/bounty hunter IG-88! I wasn't satisfied with the level of articulation the Black series had so I decided to fix him up. A tilt joint was added to his neck in order to make his head taller and allow him to look up and down. IG88's hip swivels were replaced with the smallest revoltech joint so he can widen his stance and his elbow grommets cut and modded allowing for 90 deg motion. All the short wires on his legs were removed and replaced with longer flexible ones. 88 was then given the full metallic and weathered repaint treatment and an Ord Mantell junkyard base created from the Luke Skywalker Hoth centerpiece. A couple of blast effects later and this assassin droid was ready to tear up the bounty hunter scene!

To hunt down a bounty of pics head to his page here: Ig-88 Assassin Droid on Ord Mantell base

Dang it I missed out on this custom.

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
"Damn it Lieutenant! I thought I told you to send that bike to the southern quadrant, an HOUR AGO!"

"I'm sorry sir. This droid is offline, and I'm working as fast as possible. I just need to tighten down a few more bolts."

*building a larger diorama room, and decided to take a test shot until I can get a larger sheet of glass

Reaction score
Seems like a good time to ask; the arms on 6" figures, do they boil and pop for swapping like their 3.75" brethren?
Rey and Finn were my first experiment with arms, but yes. The boil and pop worked for them.

Here's another fairly simple custom based on comic appearance Leia. Parts are a holster from Jyn, Shawl from Padme and a belt from ANH Leia. Not sure if she really wears that in the comic, but I think it adds just a bit more to the figure overall.

Reaction score
Yes, the newer ones are boil and pop. Most limbs are boil and pop except the hip. Some of the figures, even the torso can be boil and popped out. Key is to not try too hard. If you are finding it really tight, it might be because it's not a boil and pop joint.

The swivel thighs are too. That' show I put the holster on Luke.

The boil and pop method is a very simple way to swap arms too. Here's a custom Mara Jade

Even my Finn, he uses the Target 2-pack Poe Dameron arms and jacket on a TFA Poe body.

Reaction score
Haven’t posted any customs in a while. Bandai animated holiday special Boba Fett. Belt was from a bootleg figuarts Jango and I made the holster from scrap leather. Based off Sideshow figure but still need to figure out a rifle...

Reaction score
Bandai custom Shocktrooper. One of these days I’ll order the backpack and alternate weapons from shapeways...

Reaction score
Han Solo - Echo base hangar

Using the old BS version that came with the Tauntaun, I cut the hood down & sculpted the hanging fold & collar with apoxy sculpt. The head sculpt is from Glassman, I painted it.

Under cool spectrum lighting the blue of the coat stands out (for the movie blue lighting was used to give the ice cold look also resulting In Han’s coat looking blue)

I used a thin brown glaze on the coat, under warm spectrum lighting the coat looks brown

Reaction score
Han looks nice.

I managed to get another Krennic for really really cheap so I made him a different officer. I just wish I had an extra Thrawn holster so I can switch it up so he doesn't use the same pistol as Krennic though.

Reaction score
Hey man, looks good. I envy you guys that have the shelf space for multitudes of troops and imp officers lol. I can’t go down that slippery road. I may have a thrawn holster. I know I had an extra that I took apart a while back. If I find it I’ll pm you.
Han looks nice.

I managed to get another Krennic for really really cheap so I made him a different officer. I just wish I had an extra Thrawn holster so I can switch it up so he doesn't use the same pistol as Krennic though.

Reaction score
Hey man, looks good. I envy you guys that have the shelf space for multitudes of troops and imp officers lol. I can’t go down that slippery road. I may have a thrawn holster. I know I had an extra that I took apart a while back. If I find it I’ll pm you.
Thanks! Hopefully you can find it.