The Black Series 3.75" Line (2013) - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I just want to see Scarif Trooper in the wild! That guy is so elusive, though I'm not sure I ever got to see the Royal Guards in PA, but I luckily found a goldmine in a very rural town in Maine who probably had no business buying SW figures. Luckily I made it out with 3 of those, but I hope other people were able to find them easily.

Reaction score
Meanwhile, one of the Wal-Marts by me easily had a dozen or more scarif troopers around the holidays. I'm not much into army building anymore so I left them alone.

Reaction score
Meanwhile, one of the Wal-Marts by me easily had a dozen or more scarif troopers around the holidays. I'm not much into army building anymore so I left them alone.
Colorado, eh? I'm in southeast PA and I can assure there have never been any here unless someone bought every single one each time they came through and scalped them. That wouldn't surprise me in the least, but glad to know some people actually saw them. What shocks me is that they'd be so plentiful, that was the hottest figure of the entire Rogue One wave.

Reaction score
Colorado, eh? I'm in southeast PA and I can assure there have never been any here unless someone bought every single one each time they came through and scalped them. That wouldn't surprise me in the least, but glad to know some people actually saw them. What shocks me is that they'd be so plentiful, that was the hottest figure of the entire Rogue One wave.
I’m in NEPA and I’ve never seen the Scarif wave in stores here, either. I had to order Cassian from the website. We also only got one shipment of the Last Jedi wave.

Reaction score
The TLJ wave has been nonexistent since it came out. I saw it once in full, and never again, other than Rose. I should have been more on that wave but I had no idea at the time there were 8 frickin' Praetorian Guards in the movie.

I've tracking the numbers around here on Brickseek hoping a store would get another wave in. The numbers have only been dwindling, and much more now that the figures are $4. This makes me believe there will be no more waves being shipped to stores.

Reaction score
The TLJ wave has been nonexistent since it came out. I saw it once in full, and never again, other than Rose. I should have been more on that wave but I had no idea at the time there were 8 frickin' Praetorian Guards in the movie.

I've tracking the numbers around here on Brickseek hoping a store would get another wave in. The numbers have only been dwindling, and much more now that the figures are $4. This makes me believe there will be no more waves being shipped to stores.
Yeah, I caught a full case of them *once* and bought only two of the three Praetorian Guards....kinda regretting it now. Only have seen Rose and the occasional Luke on the pegs now. On the bright side, I just bought 6 Scariff Troopers for $4 each.

Reaction score

Interesting, we got the TLJ wave at SE-PA Wally and I was able to buy each figure. Haven't seen too many since though. They were spotty, but at least I saw them.

Reaction score
The rural locations held the line a little longer, but TLJ wave still went pretty fast. I have only seen a handful of TLJ's (rose excluded) recently. I now have an extra old man Luke I am trying to figure out what to do with.

Reaction score
Yeah, I caught a full case of them *once* and bought only two of the three Praetorian Guards....kinda regretting it now. Only have seen Rose and the occasional Luke on the pegs now. On the bright side, I just bought 6 Scariff Troopers for $4 each.
So jealous.

Reaction score
LOL! Oh I know, it's just incredibly frustrating having to buy them at such a huge markup online.
Totally, they should have been in that first wave of rereleased TVC packages, I literally have ZERO idea why Hasbro would not have made that one of the figures. Emperor's Royal Guard should have been in there too, to stick to all those stupid scalpers out there trying to extort people on eBay. I can't wait to wave my Vintage Collection ERG in their collective faces when it inevitably gets rereleased. It will be a day long remembered! But yeah, I definitely think the Shore Trooper gets a Vintage card. Something tells me most of the Vintage line this year will be repacks, which blows, but they are starting off with a whimper.

Reaction score
The other thing that sucks for people that couldn't get the BS version of the ERG is that the soft goods are much better than the VC one. I swapped all my loose VC ERG that I had displayed with BS ones.

Reaction score
Is anyone else's General Lando suffering from Horseback legs?

Why are they so curved and wide? It's really beginning to bother me TBH.

Reaction score
Upon going to Wal-Mart and seeing that all of the General Landos have horseback legs, I'm buying a little horse for the figure because when in Rome.

Reaction score
That Lando is still a great figure, but his head was royally screwed up by the eyebrow apps. The new photoreal faces should help with this, but I almost want a rerelease of that General Lando figure with a better head.

Reaction score
That Lando is still a great figure, but his head was royally screwed up by the eyebrow apps. The new photoreal faces should help with this, but I almost want a rerelease of that General Lando figure with a better head.
There's a random blob of paint on my figure's forehead. Maybe if they re-release it, they could fix those weird bowlegs.

Reaction score
There's a random blob of paint on my figure's forehead. Maybe if they re-release it, they could fix those weird bowlegs.
yeah there are some bad paint apps on that figure for whatever reason, I wish the cape was a better execution as well. It really only needs to be a string, not elastic

Reaction score
Spotted this at Walmart. Factory sealed. Must be from a deleted scene of Jyn wanting to be a pilot.

haha "factory sealed", or at least someone wants us to think that. Looks like a Resistance Pilot 5POA body with Poe's pistol in the middle of it replacing Jyn's. There's no way the other 2 parts of the rifle are compatible. Jyn's head might be 5POA or from the actual figure that was taken, I can't tell.

Reaction score
haha "factory sealed", or at least someone wants us to think that. Looks like a Resistance Pilot 5POA body with Poe's pistol in the middle of it replacing Jyn's. There's no way the other 2 parts of the rifle are compatible. Jyn's head might be 5POA or from the actual figure that was taken, I can't tell.
I never cease to be amazed at the amount of effort some people put into saving a few bucks on an action figure.

Reaction score
What's truly sad is that SA Jyn was $4 several times, meaning that it was half the price of that 5PO figure. Of what appears to be Paige's body.
:wtf:
So why bother?

Reaction score
Have you all seen the cardbacks for wave 2?? Crap city. There wasn’t a screen shot they could have used of Han? Or an actual photo instead of a drawing for enfys nest?!?! Come on. Considering the whole appeal of tvc (I mean besides having highly detailed sa figures) is the freaking cardback!!!! This is just lazy. And I don’t give a crap about lead times and the movie wasn’t out etc. They could have asked for at least one picture.

Reaction score
Anyone else concerned with all the recent appearances of TBS 3.75 figures at discount outlets as of late? At $2.99 a pop, its great for collectors, but it also shows how overproduced and poorly distributed they were. It appears that at least three different waves are showing up at various stores thus far. I wonder if the same will happen to TVC...

Reaction score
I would say more poorly distributed. People were going nuts looking for more IRGs and scariff troops. They scarcely hit the Boston area.

Reaction score
Since they're all repacks of those very same figures, what does it even matter? :p
Lol...well it matters because if TVC hits discount outlets as well, it may be the end of SA 3.75 figures at retail. Around here the Ponda wave was fully distributed, and found its way to clearance for $4 each, the only one that sold out at $8 during a sale was Boba. The same was true for the Ackbar wave - plenty released, and they were $4 on clearance, save for the ERG which sold out at full price. The Scarif wave and the final wave (TLJ) were released in decent numbers, but again, some made it clearance. I'm fearing with so many more cases hitting discount stores, that this exclusive line was hugely overproduced, and since TVC is at mass retail, they're likely producing even more - well above demand...

Reaction score
4 assortments are currently hitting discount stores.

-TLJ Wave at Tuesday Morning stores.
- Ahsoka/ERG Wave at Burlington Coat Factory.
- Ponda Baba/Proto Fett (and apparently based on one photo in these forums) the Scarif/Cassian wave at Ross stores.

Reaction score
Anyone else concerned with all the recent appearances of TBS 3.75 figures at discount outlets as of late? At $2.99 a pop, its great for collectors, but it also shows how overproduced and poorly distributed they were. It appears that at least three different waves are showing up at various stores thus far. I wonder if the same will happen to TVC...
I'm even more concerned that Walmart just put out a 40 page circular advertising toys for the holidays. Not a single Star Wars action figure in the whole ad. There was one small pic of a Star Wars Lego set. Guess the property is not a hot item for the holidays.