The Black Series 3.75" Line (2013) - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I prefer the time before I knew that droid existed.

Anyway, I hope to see a few more protocol droids, especially if they do R-3PO. I'd like to replace the Saga version I have now, but not with the Endor body.

Reaction score
I think a new 8D8 is a given. Hopefully we will also get EV-9D9 and 2-1B. Any protocals and astromechs will be welcome too.

Hopefully this line will see decent distribution. :\

Reaction score
I don't expect to see large accessories with figures again, I have a feeling that's a thing of the past no matter what the pack-in is...or if there isn't one. Costs are just too high. I'm hoping that Hasbro will look to the 3-packs to try and give us some larger accessories.

With B-a-D coming back I'm hoping that it might help retail move figures. If you're buying 3 figures anyway and you only need 1 more for the final droid piece, I can see that being much more of an impulse than buying 3 VC figures and then deciding that the Battle Droid isn't that bad. :rolleyes:

I'm also hoping that Hasbro takes the opportunity to think through the re-packs and droid combinations. It's also much easier to stomach buying an army builder with the last droid piece rather than another Anakin or Luke or or Obi-Wan figure. The TLC line was pretty good about that but there were a few waves where there could have been much better choices.

And I definitely want to see some more combinations of droids. I love astromechs as much as the next person, but even though I don't have a problem with the existing EV-9D9 or 8D8, I'd rather see them and others like them than another standard protocol or astro droid. I don't expect huge builds like the Dark Trooper but if they find away I'll be happy to have them.

E...

Reaction score
As long as they make Bollux with Blue Max, Leebo, T3-M4, and R7-O1, they can put in all the repaints they want. All four should be easy to do with BAD. Oh, and E-3PO and R5-X2 from the movies.

Reaction score
It's a 4-meter-tall Super Battle droid with spiked calves and secondary blasters on its hips. I presume it was introduced in the comics, I didin't know about it until I got the New Essential Guide to Droids in 2006.

Reaction score
-As some astromech repaints are inevitable, hopefully R2-A5 and R5-X2 are included, along with some of the clone wars droids.

Reaction score
It's a 4-meter-tall Super Battle droid with spiked calves and secondary blasters on its hips. I presume it was introduced in the comics, I didin't know about it until I got the New Essential Guide to Droids in 2006.
Yes, it's from one of the CW Microseries spinoff comics.

Reaction score
While details have still yet to pop up we know Hasbro has plans to bring the build a droits part to retail with figures once again. Is everyone happy that the Droid parts will be back or just more frustration trying to complete sets?
Look sir, droits. Sorry GNT I couldn't resist. Lol J/k

Reaction score
I'm hoping we finally get some "Betty" droids out of this round of BAD. Very happy it's coming back though.

Reaction score
Looks like we'll hopefully be getting a new subforum soon, above the Movie Heroes one. At least, that's assuming it'll be a separate line from TVC (or replace it).

Reaction score
I thought the AOTC C-3PO from the Arena 2-pack was fine, but if Hasbro wants to add him to the BAD figures, that's fine with me.

Reaction score
The only exception I went for was HK-47, so I would really like them to do that again. Mine currently has a silver right arm because I held off on the Concept Anakin figure as I only ever saw it for silly prices. Now it's sold out. Dunno why, didn't think the figure was that interesting at the time myself, but there we go.
Send me a PM if you want the silver right arm.

Reaction score
Until we hear exactly what this line is going to be and when, I'm not going to react just yet.

Reaction score
So I guess BAD is replacing Vintage then? That makes me sad as a carded collector as I absolutely love the Vintage cards (when i can find them) :(

Regarding the wave 1 selection then could the 'Dooku's Solar Sailer Pilot' be the BAD?
Afterall they will surely want to get people on board with this collection again and what better way than a movie related droid that hasn't been done before? Just a guess.

Oh no I just realised if Vintage is ending I won't get a Dooku on a lovely card!

Reaction score
I'd be happy if TVC shrunk to a sub line like with VOTC, VTSC, and VTAC. With build a droid as the basic line and VC a sub line with about 4-6 figures a year.

Reaction score
I so badly hope that they are not dropping the vintage line. I think that's all that is keeping things going at the moment. I say that not just as a seller of figures, but as a collector of vintage too.

I know for a fact the Movie Heroes line flopped in a big way, so I'm hoping that the BAD will replace this and run along side Vintage. That would be the only thing to make sense to me, but hey, it's Hasbro so probably bye bye vintage, and I think it will be the start of the end.

I suppose we'll know one way of the other over the next few days

Reaction score
I so badly hope that they are not dropping the vintage line. I think that's all that is keeping things going at the moment. I say that not just as a seller of figures, but as a collector of vintage too.

I know for a fact the Movie Heroes line flopped in a big way, so I'm hoping that the BAD will replace this and run along side Vintage. That would be the only thing to make sense to me, but hey, it's Hasbro so probably bye bye vintage, and I think it will be the start of the end.

I suppose we'll know one way of the other over the next few days
I suppose they could do BAD in the MH line? But I doubt it, I am sure the basic line will move away from the Vintage packaging. As much as I love it, and will miss it, I think you massively overestimate the effects of that.

Reaction score
I wish that hasbro would actually make some build a droids that I actually want.
You know like
The Geonosis factory flying droid that slings 3po around like a rag doll or
the 4 betty droinds from rots, or the kitchen droid from aotc

Reaction score
I suppose they could do BAD in the MH line? But I doubt it, I am sure the basic line will move away from the Vintage packaging. As much as I love it, and will miss it, I think you massively overestimate the effects of that.
Maybe, time will tell, but with price rises, the obvious lack of fresh characters, I think there's only so many time people will buy upgrades. There's no doubt the figures on the whole are class items, but at close to a tenner a pop (thats not taking into account Hasbros yearly price hike) for a 4 inch figure, I can't see it lasting much longer if they take away vintage.

In the UK Movie Heroes was a disaster for Hasbro. They were selling them at clearance almost as soon as they came out. Clone Wars is like a desert with no new items, but all the distribution grief (and before anyone chrips up, Hasbro themselves have admitted haven't been good enough in the UK) vintage has proved to be by far the strongest line. Take that away only to replace it with something thats been done before, keep the price ridiculously high, I really can see it becoming the beginning of the end.

Hope not, but I know I'm not the only one in the trade who has that opinion.

But as I say, fingers crossed BAD is coming back to replace the disaster that was Movie heroes. Lose the dice, get a droid part, keep vintage, everyones happy.

The thing is Hasbro could pack anything on Vintage and sell it. But its been proved you can't pack anything on non-vintage cards and presume it will sell, as Movie Heroes has proved.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more sense it makes to run BAD and Vintage.

Vintage is heavily aimed at MOC collectors.

Movie Legends is aimed as openers (hence dice and card)

So BAD is aimed at openers.

I so hope its Vintage and BAD...................

Come on someone tell me!!!! lol

Reaction score
I hope this does replace TVC. There will be far less whining about Hasbro not pretending it's 1980 and only producing the original 92 figures, no one complaining that they didn't use the right photo, and no one will care which movie they claim it represents.

Since I buy almost every figure anyway, I'll gladly take that extra figure every wave in the form of droid parts.

In TVC, I have bought (or will buy) every figure (not card variant) except for 11. That's more than 90%.

Reaction score
So it sounds like this could be the first wave:

Dooku's Solar Sailer Pilot
Luminara
Arena Padme
Rocket R2
Pablo Jill
Green Stripe Clone
EP2 Anakain
Scout Trooper
A bit disappointing as I'm only interested in 2 maybe 3 figures from that list.

Personally if this BAD run doesn't net me T3-M4 or Leebo, I'll be seriously disappointed.

I still love Astro's and a few Protocal droids, but it's definitely time they do those two!

IMO the likes of Droids such as 8D8, EV-9D9, and 2-1B should be save for single card release.
Putting obscure or EU one's in BAD would be more benificial since they tend not to do well as a basic figure.

R5-X2 should have been released for TPM3D, but I digress.

Hopefully this time out everyone find all the parts they need, and it's an even mix of genre.

Reaction score
Paraphrasing a line I saw it in a post earlier that sums everything up pretty well I think:

"TVC is for carded collectors and Droid Factory is for openers"

Reaction score
The more I think about it the more sense it makes to run BAD and Vintage.

Vintage is heavily aimed at MOC collectors.

Movie Legends is aimed as openers (hence dice and card)

So BAD is aimed at openers.

I so hope its Vintage and BAD...................

Come on someone tell me!!!! lol
But if that is the case, isn't that kinda punishing those who want the BADs? Instead of getting a new figure and a droid piece, they end up having to buy old, outdated figures for the BADs? Even if BAD was done normally there are pieces with figures you don't want, so how much worse is it if your only options are inferior versions of figures you might already have?

Reaction score
While details have still yet to pop up we know Hasbro has plans to bring the build a droits part to retail with figures once again. Is everyone happy that the Droid parts will be back or just more frustration trying to complete sets?
Everyone will have to forgive my ignorance, but does that mean the vintage cardbacks are going somewhere?

If no, then I am just as unhappy and uninterested with the idea of having a droid arm in the blister as I am with the Royal Guard having EU accessories.

As for the gimmick, I don't have an opinion. I want an RA-7 from the last BAD rounds, but neither then or in the future will it get me to buy crap I don't want. I'm also not going to pay people on here 30 bucks for a complete BAD droid just to offset their purchases of every figure in a wave. Go with the gimmick or don't. It won't change my buying habits.

edit-If someone has a complete BAD RA-7 for sale at a reasonable -close to retail for a single figure- price, I'm up for buying it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Everyone will have to forgive my ignorance, but does that mean the vintage cardbacks are going somewhere?

If no, then I am just as unhappy and uninterested with the idea of having a droid arm in the blister as I am with the Royal Guard having EU accessories.

As for the gimmick, I don't have an opinion. I want an RA-7 from the last BAD rounds, but neither then or in the future will it get me to buy crap I don't want. I'm also not going to pay people on here 30 bucks for a complete BAD droid just to offset their purchases of every figure in a wave. Go with the gimmick or don't. It won't change my buying habits.

edit-If someone has a complete BAD RA-7 for sale at a reasonable -close to retail for a single figure- price, I'm up for buying it.
I'd say it's fairly likely that BAD will be replacing Vintage, since BAD was a part of the main line when it first came out in the Legacy Collection.

Reaction score
I'd say it's fairly likely that BAD will be replacing Vintage, since BAD was a part of the main line when it first came out in the Legacy Collection.
Maybe so. I don't see why the vintage cardback would have to end to accomodate the BAD part, but I'm not working for Hasbro. To me, though, it would make more sense to fit BAD into movie heroes to boost sales. That seems to me to be the line that needs a gimmick, since the vintage cardback is already working.

Where are you in NC, Paxis? High Point/Greensboro here.

Reaction score
Maybe so. I don't see why the vintage cardback would have to end to accomodate the BAD part, but I'm not working for Hasbro. To me, though, it would make more sense to fit BAD into movie heroes to boost sales. That seems to me to be the line that needs a gimmick, since the vintage cardback is already working.

Where are you in NC, Paxis? High Point/Greensboro here.
The problem I see with that is that would force BAD hunters to buy obsolete figures. Only the most diehard would go out of their way, which means fewer pieces up for trade and sale. For example, I ended up with a number of pieces I didn't want because I bought figures I did want, but I was able to complete my HK-50 because I could trade them. If the BAD pieces were put into Movie Heroes, I wouldn't be able to do that since I'm not willing to buy sucky figures just for the pieces.

Also, I live in Hickory, NC.

Reaction score
I don't see why buying obsolete or unwanted figures wasn't always the point of the BAD gimmick.

If you got the droid you wanted by trading parts from figures you didn't really want and bought anyway, was it worth it?