The Black Series (2013 - Present)

Reaction score
Saw the Black Series Battle on Endor set today in TRU Aspley for $200!! What a joke! That will sit on the shelves with the X-Wing for a few years to come. Double the price it is in the States.

Big W Stafford are having a clearance on their Star Wars stuff; half price for Black Series ($8) and Saga Legends ($4) peg warmers. Maybe they're getting ready for the new waves at last???

Reaction score
Saw the Black Series Battle on Endor set today in TRU Aspley for $200!! What a joke! That will sit on the shelves with the X-Wing for a few years to come. Double the price it is in the States.

Big W Stafford are having a clearance on their Star Wars stuff; half price for Black Series ($8) and Saga Legends ($4) peg warmers. Maybe they're getting ready for the new waves at last???

Given I have all of the items in that set that I wish to own,it's an easy pass and the $200 price does not add any incentive to want to revisit them.

Wave 2 is all most retailers have out on shelves perpetually.

Wave 3 has been a total no show in SEQLD and now wave 4 is commonly available in USA but we see nothing.

I shop online.

Retail is dead to me.

GNT

Reaction score
Geez what's with all these retailers lately charging a fortune for crappy product, it's no wonder retail here sucks.... no one can afford to spend crazy amounts on stuff like this.

Thank god for US retailers....

Reaction score
Got this from eBay the other day...

Chewbecca's nice though a tad tall and Vader... hmmmm ... yes and no...

anyways, here's the front

then the back.

Chewy out of the box

Vader out of the box

and now,

it's compaaarrrison time!

Reaction score
Does Vader have a neck?
yep, but hidden in the sculpt for the collar armour. When you pull the head off you can see the neck but I suspect that it was tad too short when you put it back into the neck. Engineering hindsights...

you have to do the classic Vader look up in the distance and proud pose to reveal the neck.

Reaction score
That Vader is bloody awful. Puke!

I'll pick up the Chewie though.

Any chance of these figures making it to retail here or will Hell freeze over first? :twisted:

Reaction score
That Vader is bloody awful. Puke!

I'll pick up the Chewie though.

Any chance of these figures making it to retail here or will Hell freeze over first? :twisted:
What wave are you currently on over there? Even here I don't think it's more of a leak so far than a full release - for the benefit of Walgreens testing the water. Probably the real wave will be available at retail in the States in early/mid November (excluding Prototype Boba) for the holiday season. And even then I have a sneaking suspicion that most large retailers (Walmart, Target, etc.) will be more focused on waves 3 and 4. So assuming the waves hit in Australia months after they hit here, I think you may be in for a wait.

Reaction score
There have been sightings of new 3.75" at Target and Kmart.
For the 6" try TRU. I order online. Tired of wandering aimlessly through stores only to walk out empty handed.

Reaction score
There have been sightings of new 3.75" at Target and Kmart.
For the 6" try TRU. I order online. Tired of wandering aimlessly through stores only to walk out empty handed.
My Kmart sucks dogs *****.

Still has wave 2 of the Black Series there and those meh Saga Legends figures.

No Target near me and my Big W still has a few 6 inch Leias and Greedo's hanging around on the shelf. :awesome:

That's as good as it gets in my neck of the woods. :disgusted:

No choice but to order online or go via eBay. :whistling:

Reaction score
It's ironic that the best stocked Star Wars section I have seen is Myer....with their stupid prices to go with it. Saw the first black series Jabba there today - $90!! :) They have just about every 3.75" Black Series figure, a heap of Star Wars Command and that big X-Wing that does nothing. All stupid prices of course.

[/IMG]

Reaction score
Good to see some of the new stuff on the shelf at retail even if it is at Myer with their ridiculous prices.

Between evilbay, and shopping at online retailers though I don't even bother checking the shelves at retail anymore.

Its a pitty cause I used to enjoy the thrill of the hunt when you could actually find stuff on the shelves instead of looking for months on end and finding empty shelves or usless crap like shampoo bottle 12 inch figures and saga legends 5POA garbaage! :disgusted:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I only use retail for exclusives or clearance sales - otherwise, they can go to hell.

I use Dorkside Toys. Tired of the price gouging in this country.
It's absurd that we can order this stuff from the US - with shipping - and it STILL works out cheaper than buying local.

So, ship it from China to the US, then from the US to Australia and it works out cheaper than it coming directly from China to Australia?

Boggles the flippin' mind.

GNT

Reaction score
Already have the SDCC Jabba so don't think I'll be picking up this one. Prices are just crazy.

Reaction score
I only use retail for exclusives or clearance sales - otherwise, they can go to hell.

I use Dorkside Toys. Tired of the price gouging in this country.
It's absurd that we can order this stuff from the US - with shipping - and it STILL works out cheaper than buying local.

So, ship it from China to the US, then from the US to Australia and it works out cheaper than it coming directly from China to Australia?

Boggles the flippin' mind.
I have a Black Series Bikerscout and Speederbike set coming to me from Evilbay but I paid a bit too much for it I reckon ($79.00 with free shipping from Taiwan)

After I bought it I was informed by Flyguy that Dorkside Toys are selling it for $40.00 loose with $15.00 shipping. :(

Win some, loose some I suppose but could have saved $24.00 buying it from Dorkside Toys as I don't really care about the packaging.

Going to buy my Black Series 6 inch figures from Dorkside Toys from now on I think.

I paid a little bit extra for a Chewie and Jedi Luke from Evilbay which I got about a week ago but would rather go the Dorkside route from now on.

Have to take a picture of all my Black Series 6 inch figures so far. I have all of them except Vader, Jabba and the prequel figures (Darth Maul, Obi Wan, Anakin and Clone Trooper)

Wasn't going to collect the prequel figures but Dorkside Toys has Obi Wan and Anakin for $19.00 and $14.00 each which is tempting me. LOL!

Anyone know where I can get a Vader for a reasonable price? :\

Reaction score
I'm ordering everything I possibly can from Dorkside from here on.
Retail is making me sick to the gut with their hideous price gouging.
Will have to bite the bullet with the exclusives though.

If you want the Shadow Speeder bike with two Troopers, it's a Myer Exclusive and be prepared to pay WAY over $100.00 for it.
Myer are a bunch of Highway Robbers who actually believe their own hype.

The 6" Anakin Skywalker figure is absolutely amazing. The Obi Wan is pretty good, but I think the head is slightly small.

Reaction score
I excitedly went to opening of the new K-Mart at the newly extended Garden City (you just about need public transport to get from one end to the other) here in Qld....

BEHOLD!!! Nothing but Wave 2 Black Series... sooooo disappointing, picked up a Stormtrooper anyway. I've been getting the odd figure from Dorkside Toys as well, works out pretty well besides not being able to pick the figure myself like a would in a store.

Reaction score
I'm ordering everything I possibly can from Dorkside from here on.
Retail is making me sick to the gut with their hideous price gouging.
Will have to bite the bullet with the exclusives though.

If you want the Shadow Speeder bike with two Troopers, it's a Myer Exclusive and be prepared to pay WAY over $100.00 for it.
Myer are a bunch of Highway Robbers who actually believe their own hype.

The 6" Anakin Skywalker figure is absolutely amazing. The Obi Wan is pretty good, but I think the head is slightly small.

Yep, agree with everything you said about retail over here with their awful prices Mike.

Not interested in the Shadow Speeder and two troopers as I only collect stuff from the movies really.

Thank god I'm not a total completest. LOL!

Nice pic of the Obi Wan and Anakin. Very tempted to pick them up from Dorkside Toys now.

Am thinking about getting the Jabba loose from them aswell but I already have the Sideshow one and his throne plus the Vintage Collection one too so still undecided.

Would be kinda weird displaying the Black Series Jabba without his throne I reckon. :\

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
It's a slow week lol, anyone ordered anything from the states lately? :p

Reaction score
It's a slow week lol, anyone ordered anything from the states lately? :p

I got a few things off eBay recently that are pretty cool.

Got Sideshow Yoda, Obi Wan Padawan, General Grievous, Disney talking Stormtrooper, Toryn Farr, Wedge, Skiff Guard Black Series figures, Black Series 6 inch Jedi Luke, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and speederbike, Blaster (Autobot tape recorder from G1 Transformers), the re-mastered Transformers G1 cartoon series on DVD, the Battle of the Planets DVD set (loved that show as a kid), a few cool t-shirts (Star Wars, Voltron, M.A.S.K) and have a Sideshow Commander Gree and Airborne Trooper coming to me as I'm trying to fill in a few holes with my Sideshow collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just came back from Asia and bought some sw goodies - ROTS figures: Mas Ameda, Mena Tills and Ask Aak. Picked up TVC Republic Gunship from a Malaysian TRU! :) So over the BS and Hasblow lately im going back to the older collections and picking up what I missed, Im starting from ROTS and Saga collection first.

Reaction score
You don't get a lot of sleep on Dagobah.
The wildlife keeps you awake at night, making noise, chasing/eating one another.
Terrible place. Smells awful as well.

Reaction score
I like it.
It does what it was designed to do.

I still think the OTC Dagobah Luke and Yoda smash their Black Series counterparts.

Just better proportioned figures, the backpack isn't so oversized and doesn't have that giant ugly buckle on it.

And those mechanical Dr Frankenstein arms! I just can't get over them. They stick out too much and just look butt ugly.

The Black Series Yoda doesn't even have super articulation.

Its like the clowns at Hasbro used all their super articulation funds on Lukes arms and had none left when it came to Yoda.

I know the OTC Dagobah Luke and Yoda aren't super articulated by today's standards but they both look alot better in every way compared to these Black Series versions I reckon.

That OTC Dagobah Luke is such an underrated figure with 2 different head sculpts and two lots of arms (straight arms and backpack holding arms)

Definitely looks alot more natural holding the backpack straps compared to the Black Series version IMO.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like Boba has gone on sale further. It's surprisingly enough a decent deal :)

GNT

Reaction score
Not sure which one that was since it was over a year ago but you may have to resort to ebay or trading to get one, Boba's been gone for a long time.

Reaction score
Not sure which one that was since it was over a year ago but you may have to resort to ebay or trading to get one, Boba's been gone for a long time.
Well that makes sense. Didn't read the date stamp correctly. Apologies for reviving this dead thread!