The Black Series (2013 - Present)

Reaction score
Nice set up. Everything is nicely confined to it's own sections.

Cheers GNT.

The shelves are pretty cool as nearly every single shelf is height adjustable so I could do my own height combinations.

As soon as I get 2 more of those shelves I'll take photos of my Sideshow figures and mini busts displayed on them. :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
and now ... back to the Black Series 6 inch,

I was browsing online and telling my dear mrs about how another forum member's wife had spied her beloved husband's interest and wish to get the SDCC Black Series Boba Fett and Han in Carbonite exclusive. How she surprised him with it arriving back his house with this beautiful set.

Now I of course, could not afford such lofty treasures, but I did want that ESB Boba Fett figure if it ever came on single card/box. Boring my poor disinterested sweetheart to death about my passion, as she had no love for Star Wars things nor anything geeky.

But it came to my surprise when this became available online and she offered her card to purchase it as a present. I thought it was just getting late at night whereby she agreed, saying it in a close to sleep tired state. I asked and checked with her again, and there was agreement.

Then came yesterday, after a long exhausting day after work, she told me that she had nearly missed the courier due to being busy with junior in the house, but then shouted out at him to come back. But there it was, a slightly battered outer shipping box made of softer corrugated cardboard.:\

As I intend to purchase another single carded BS ESB Boba Fett later on in a more pristine state, I decided not to feel too sad when I opened up the outer to reveal carefully bubble wrapped rectangle box. :)

Lo and behold, finally I could see the black colour and orange stripe down the left hand side, and print "#06 Boba Fett". ;)

Excitement grew, whereby I carefully took the scalpel knife and sliced the sticky tape that bound the bubble wrap together.

I unsheathed the box from the bubble wrap, and good God, how can I describe my elation and near giddiness, in my possession, staring back at me, :grin:

just staring ....o-o

and then I slowly cut the single tape at the top flap of the Black Series box and withdrew him into my world ...

and thus I stared, and ogled ... :wub:

and this for me, shall be a day long remembered, it has seen the end of the 3 3/4 inch line, the end of a long line 3 3/4 sloppy paint, incorrect colour and horrendous squishy removable helmets from the Evolution/TVC styled ESB Boba Fett mould:disgusted:.

What a fantastic wife I have, thank you my love!:wub:

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Yes very nice wifey :p My order was processed the other day on BBTS for wave 2, so it'll sit in my loot (with wave 1) till I ship it out. I'm going to have a field day when my box arrives full of goodies.

Reaction score
Green with envy, I blame my big brother - he got me into this. Since green was my favourite colour when I was little, he asked me if I'd like to have one of figures from the 80s Super Powers Collection. I asked "why?", he replied "cos he's green". Green Lantern - I was sold.

Of course, I fell in love within the first few minutes of seeing a green or should I say Panzer Olive Green armoured "space warrior" on screen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great pics ESBbobafett, lucky man indeed and awesome wifey. B)

Fett does look great, probably the pick of the Black Series 6 inch figures so far.

I only have Luke and R2 so far and think they are pretty good.

I definitely want to get a Sandtrooper, Han Solo, Greedo, probably Leia and of course Mr Fett himself.

Its hard juggling between Hasbro 4 inch, Gentle Giant mini busts and Sideshow 12 inch figures and now Black Series 6 inch figures. :eek:

Going to need even more shelves.... :awesome:

Reaction score
Thanks Falcon_Gunner, I hope to see you in the isles in the near future!:)

Being the bounty hunter that I am, here's the bounty that I have collected over the past few weeks. I'm going a bit silly in collecting 6 inch after selling off some of my 3 3/4 scale figures. Thus I'm scaling down my collection, as I thought I was going a bit crazy in army building.

But hey, guess what time is it?

Yep, boys and girls, it's "compaaarison time"

I don't mind the approximate scale of the DCUC figures, as they are meant to be a little taller than 6 feet in "real life", but as much as I like this spidey from Amazing Spiderman movie - I still think that he should be a tad smaller.

GNT

Reaction score
Nice to see the wave has popped up though I already have them order from bbts :p

Reaction score
One day, in the burbs of Melbourne, amongst the isles .....

there was some black boxes.

I thought that they were very preeddie :wub: and so I took them home with me....:awesome:

... but where was FalconGunner? no where to be see...... no wait a minute, he was literally hanging around with the Slave 1 pilot underworld scum .... :p

.. and so I left him there, for Falcon_Gunner of course...

there was no point for me taking him, course I'm ESBbobafett remember - yes ESBbobafett mmmm, ESBbobafett yeahhh :whistling::D:wub:;)

big THANKS goes out to Mike_S, I salute you!B)

Reaction score
LOL!

Nice haul there ESBbobafett and a cracker of a post. Very funny indeed. :p

I am suprised though that you just left me hanging on the pegs and didn't put me in carbonite and woosh me off to Jabbas Palace. :grin:

If you are the Boba Fett of tracking down the new star wars toys at retail then I think we must make Mike Jango Fett.

It's only fitting in my book. :awesome:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yay for me. :awesome:

Went to Big W after work as my friend and housemate wanted to put some money on her lay by.

I quickly fast walked to the toy section and low and behold I saw the whole wave 2 of The Black Series there.

And the best thing was that there were 4 of each so I got to sort through them all for the ones with the best paint jobs.

I noticed that finding a good Leia was the hardest as 3 out of the 4 I saw all had brown paint from her hair on the right side of her cheek. :disgusted:

I put them all on lay by and will pick them up next Wednesday when I get paid. B)

Also bought Pacific Rim on Blu Ray for $25.00 and the remake of Total Recall on DVD for $12.00. :awesome:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh by the way these are the 6 inch Black Series figures I was talking about in the post above.

Couldn't believe they had 4 of each of the 4 figures there. B)

4 Boba Fetts just sitting on a shelf had to of meant that they had just been put on the shelf I reckon.

Oh well 3 more left there for whoever needs one around my neck of the woods. :p

Reaction score
"Go girlfrieeeennnd!" .... no wait a minuteo-o

"Waaay to go maaaaatte!!":confused: .... hang on,

"Great goin' kid, that was one in a million!":grin:, that's more like it.

ps. are you trying to taunt me with that 4 Boba reference?:p and don't forget pics of your haul, in and out of box.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh by the way these are the 6 inch Black Series figures I was talking about in the post above.

Couldn't believe they had 4 of each of the 4 figures there. B)

4 Boba Fetts just sitting on a shelf had to of meant that they had just been put on the shelf I reckon.

Oh well 3 more left there for whoever needs one around my neck of the woods. :p
Popped into my local Big W again after work to take a look around and the last 3 Boba Fetts were gone and they only had about 2 left of the other 3 figures.

Glad I got mine and put them on lay by when I did. :awesome:

Reaction score
"Go girlfrieeeennnd!" .... no wait a minuteo-o

"Waaay to go maaaaatte!!":confused: .... hang on,

"Great goin' kid, that was one in a million!":grin:, that's more like it.

ps. are you trying to taunt me with that 4 Boba reference?:p and don't forget pics of your haul, in and out of box.
Ha! Ha!

Going to pick them up on Wednesday mate when I get paid so will be taking photos as soon as I get them. :p

Just need to hunt down a Sandtrooper off eBay now and I'm set. B)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Received wave 3 of the 3.75" Black Series today from DorkSide Toys. Pretty impressed with this wave. I don't think there's any real low point as with waves 1 & 2. Haven't seen them at retail here yet so will be interesting to see how long it takes as wave 2 seemed to get here really quickly.

[/URL][/IMG]

GNT

Reaction score
Very nice, I'm holding out for retail on these as I don't want Mace and Neyo. It's a nice wave though.

Reaction score
I'm being pretty selective, and waiting for the cheapest way to get these, as many are just not must haves. Retail is out for me, so I was pleased to find Mara, Vizam, Neyo and Ceremony Luke and Biggs for really cheap on eBay, no shipping charge either. Lots of the Mission series popping up as well. No interest for me, but 3PO looks O.K. and I will bite on the Mandalore Maul, if it's going to be the only version of that costume.
Had the most fun hunting down the vintage ewok and scanning troop sets, and the Geonosian Jedi are fun additions. But boy, has it been a very lean year.

Reaction score
Thats good news. Will start cheaking my local kmarts again, last week they had a fresh case of wave 2
Im hoping to get DP, meru meru and Vizam. Not sure about Neyo, those helmets
are still too chunky.

Reaction score
I was about to snap up the Solo 6 inch at Big W but this came in the post from an Amazon order I placed a few months ago....

nicely packaged on the outside and inside..

Thank God, that the package was pretty mint on the outside and the inside..

yeah Boba finally got his bounty sealed again ...

he ain't look like much, but he sure got it were it counts - in the eyebrows!

They are pretty much all the same height. I'm of the opinion that Solo should be 6ft 1 inch, a tad taller than Boba at 5ft 11 to 6 ft. But I'm certainly not complaining, coz I use to complain how short Boba was in the 3 3/4 range.

Reaction score
I saw this lot at Target at the end of the week and over the weekend....

apologies for the grainy ipod pics...

but here's a better pic of the overall haul, with a Boba T-shirt to cap it all off...

Yes, I'm ESBBobafett for a reason, a little obsessed with that deco and my way of saying thanks to Hasbro :D

GNT

Reaction score
You have more boba Fetts then what appeared in the movies :p. nice haul.

Reaction score
Man that Fett is really nice. I'm holding off on the six inch.... I'm to compulsive and know I couldn't do without 12 stromtroopers...I'm also interested in how deep the line continues. Love Bespin Luke, but the sculpt isn't great.... sub par at his size and price is hard to swallow. Maybe at some point, I'm sure some of the new bounty hunters planned will look outstanding.

Reaction score
The Fett is looking good..Wish I had the money to collect 6 inch, Im on a pension so its only the basic figures for me.

Reaction score
Saw a 6" Greedo @Target in Carindale QLD, I just couldn't buy it the paint apps were so bad on his eyes. Looked like the purple had been painted by a little kid. The oval eyes are bad enough, colouring out of the lines? No way Josè. Slave Leia looked pretty awful also.

Did pick up a Mara Jade and she was perfect no Five-head action, just perfect Wella Balsam hair. Think I'll stick to the 3 3/4" figs for now.

GNT

Reaction score
Heads up that wave 2 of the Saga Legends is out now at Kmart, I picked up the Stormtrooper, Rex, Boba and one other figure who escapes me atm