The Black Series (2013 - Present)

Reaction score
I'll probably just buy my 6 inch black series figures loose off eBay.

Can usually pick them up between $18.00-$21.00.

Think I'll just stick with the original trilogy figures in this line though. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reaction score
You may change your mind once you have one sitting in front of you, loose - they're amazingly good!
Well done Hasbro - excellent effort!

Reaction score
Never said I wasn't getting them Mike.

Just not getting them from TRU's for $35.00 or whatever they are. :eek:

I've seen them for $18.00-$21.00 loose on eBay so thats how I will be getting mine.

Will start off with Luke and R2-D2 first just to make sure I really like them which I think I will.

So you already have Boba Fett Mike? Is he the one with the carbonite block from Celebration Europe?

The Fett and Sandtrooper both like nice. B)

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah, what he said, darn you Mike, showing off your ESB Boba shamelessly again!:p

GNT

Reaction score
Picked up a couple Black Series wave 1 figures today, while I'll prob pass on most reissues in this line it was nice to see new figures on the shelves for once.

Reaction score
Picked up a couple Black Series wave 1 figures today, while I'll prob pass on most reissues in this line it was nice to see new figures on the shelves for once.

Where did you pick up Black Series from GNT and how much were they?

I got Luke, Biggs, Vader, Padme and Anakin from Dorkside Toys (Hah! Love that name) off eBay loose between $8.00-$10.00 each.

I don't care for the packaging only the vintage style packaging so to get them loose at that price was a bargain. B)

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Kmart for $15.75 (roughly around that price)

GNT

Reaction score
I was going to buy the clones but they had pink markings on the legs. I just bought Biggs and Padme, the others are very meh.

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't bother with the clones as I already have the previous releases. :sneaky:

Out of the first wave though I reckon Padme and Biggs are the best.

Luke and Anakin look decent though too.

I just wanted the Vader due to the cool Han blaster and blast effect accessory that is attached to his opened handed glove.

I am going to make a cool little Bespin dinner scene like the one in the movie on my shelf. :awesome:

Reaction score
Never said I wasn't getting them Mike.
No, I meant getting them all.
Once you have one or two sitting in front of you loose, you start to realize how awesome they are.

So you already have Boba Fett Mike? Is he the one with the carbonite block from Celebration Europe?
This was bought from eBay and came from SDCC originally

yeah, what he said, darn you Mike, showing off your ESB Boba shamelessly again!:p
I know, it's a nasty habit I am trying to kick ;)

Last one, I swear.....

GNT

Reaction score
The black series wave 1 is out at target as well, target also has 20% off as well

Reaction score
GNT have you spotted the embossed pattern variant bubble?

Reaction score
darn you MikeS, darn you.... you may as well take a photo of your Boba holding up a sign saying "I luv ESBbobafett - dream about them".

thanks for the pics, I like the Sandtrooper - Boba comparison pic standing side by side. By the way, I can position the leg of the Sandtrooper so that his legs are not so far apart and he stands "taller". Can the same be done to Boba? or he has got chronic 80s rock star legs apart stance pose?

anyway, I couldn't resist and had to check out "tarjay" after work today (urrrgggh - that poof makes me cringe).

but it's great to see them in the wild, amongst a few other things.

these grainy photos are courtesy of my ipod

anyway, I hoping FalconGunner is out there in the wild having a good geez in person at these figures. ;)

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
GNT have you spotted the embossed pattern variant bubble?
All the ones I've seen at 3 locations (Kmart and Target) have all been the original versions, I haven't seen the newer bubbles with the patterns

GNT

Reaction score
The 2nd wave of black series figures are out, I picked up Mara jade wave

Reaction score
Will pick up Mara Jade from Black Series wave 2. GNT, Mike are the other 3 figures repacks?

I think I'm starting to get addicted to the Gentle Giant Kenner jumbo figures. I got Leia about a month ago and have now won Han and Chewie for $76.00 for the 2 of them (not including shipping)

Sweet deal from a seller in Japan. :)

Have also purchased the 12 inch die cast C-3PO for $377.00 ( free shipping) and the Hasbro MTT for $140.00 (postage included) off eBay aswell.

successful shopping week on eBay for me. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score

Mara, Luminara and Pablo all appear to be new.
The rest look like repacks to me.
The Stormtrooper is just the TVC Sandie without the pauldron.

GNT

Reaction score
I think I'm starting to get addicted to the Gentle Giant Kenner jumbo figures. I got Leia about a month ago and have now won Han and Chewie for $76.00 for the 2 of them (not including shipping)
I've started collecting them a couple months back, very addictive. I have Obi-Wan, Yoda, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Yak Face (his in my BBTS loot), it's like where do you draw the line on which ones to buy? lol I don't have the money to buy every single vintage figure in this scale let alone the room for them all. I think I'll pick up Vader and maybe the main characters.

I didn't see the Stormtrooper when I bought wave 2. Maybe someone beat me to it, though I don't need anymore of them so I'd probably have passed.

Reaction score
I've started collecting them a couple months back, very addictive. I have Obi-Wan, Yoda, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Yak Face (his in my BBTS loot), it's like where do you draw the line on which ones to buy? lol I don't have the money to buy every single vintage figure in this scale let alone the room for them all. I think I'll pick up Vader and maybe the main characters.

I didn't see the Stormtrooper when I bought wave 2. Maybe someone beat me to it, though I don't need anymore of them so I'd probably have passed.

Yeah I know what you mean GNT about where do you draw the line about which ones to buy and how much space they take up, etc.

I think I am going to just get the main characters from the first 12 figures so have Leia, Han and Chewbacca and will get Farmboy Luke, C-3P0, R2-D2, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper and Obi Wan. I have also just purchased a rocket firing Boba fett jumbo figure and I would get Yoda too.

Beyond those I'm not too sure. Like you said I wouldn't have any more space for any others after those. LOL!

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
I still have to grab Boba Fett at some point, I'll stick to the core characters and maybe a couple of my favourite vintage figures (White Bespin Guard, Bossk, IG-88) and if they make him I'd buy Amanaman in the 12" scale as well.

Reaction score
I still have to grab Boba Fett at some point, I'll stick to the core characters and maybe a couple of my favourite vintage figures (White Bespin Guard, Bossk, IG-88) and if they make him I'd buy Amanaman in the 12" scale as well.

Yeah I might do that too GNT and pick up just a handful of my non main characters that I've always liked.

I might pick up a Sandperson and Bossk.

Bespin Fatigues Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Hoth gear I reckon I'll get as I loved those versions of Luke and Han when I was a kid. :awesome:

Reaction score
No, I meant getting them all.
Once you have one or two sitting in front of you loose, you start to realize how awesome they are.

I've decided just to get the Black Series 6 inch figures from the Original Trilogy Mike except Slave Leia whose eyes look weird enough for me not to want to buy her.

I can see myself just picking and chooising who I want from this line though as space will end up becoming an issue.

On another note Mike I bought a Chogokin Diecast Perfect Model C-3PO from eBay for $377.00 (Free Shipping) which I thought was a good deal.

Spending that kind of money on one single 12 inch figure is a bit scary but I wanted a definitive C-3P0 12 inch figure in my collection.

How much did you pay for yours Mike? Did I get a good deal?

Do you still think he's worth the money you paid for to aquire him?

I should be getting mine soon. :awesome:

Reaction score
You'll love him Adam...as you say the definitive C-3PO...I paid $399 shipped...which I will never pay for a 12" figure again...

...touch wood...

Reaction score
You'll love him Adam...as you say the definitive C-3PO...I paid $399 shipped...which I will never pay for a 12" figure again...

...touch wood...

From what I have seen on Youtube reviews he does look like a sweet 12 inch figure Joe.

Since we last spoke on here I have purchased the Sideshow Sandperson, Snowtrooper, Boba Fett and the Battle Droid 2 pack.

Still have to get Bossk, TPM Obi Wan, all the clone commanders, most of the coloured clones from AOTC, prequel Yoda and the Tri Pod cannon and the cantina enviroment.

Not really too fussed if I never get the rest of the coloured clones from AOTC at this stage.

Most likely will get Bossk next. :awesome:

Reaction score
Bossk is particularly sweet...I thought Hasbro had done a good job but wow...like the difference between DVD and BlueRay...Both are nice but Sideshows just pops...

PT Yoda is getting some bad press which is totally unwarranted, awesome little figure in my book much better in hand than the proto shots.

Reaction score
Bossk is particularly sweet...I thought Hasbro had done a good job but wow...like the difference between DVD and BlueRay...Both are nice but Sideshows just pops...

PT Yoda is getting some bad press which is totally unwarranted, awesome little figure in my book much better in hand than the proto shots.

You've talked me into getting Bossk next Joe.

Not that I needed you to twist my leg much more though. LOL!

Yeah the latest photos of PT Yoda looks good to me. I mush prefer his stern face though rather than his calm face.
B)

GNT

Reaction score
The black series 6" is out at Big W :)

Reaction score
Black Series wave 1 and 2 seen @ Toyworld in QLD.

$17.99 each.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got my Sideshow 12 inch Bossk figure today in the mail from Popcultcha. :)

Really cool looking figure and the details fantastic on him.

You were right Joe he really does pop. B)

Reaction score
Just thought I'd show everyone here my 2 new shelves that I bought off eBay recently.

Spent all weekend putting them together and setting up a "small" part of my collection on them.

Going to need at least another 2 of those shelves just to have any chance of displaying my 55 Sideshow 12 inch figures and 45 Gentle Giant mini busts. :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great set-up FG!

Thanks Mike. :awesome:

I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out in the end.

The shelves were pretty easy to put together and then I just let my imagination take care of the rest by setting up mini dioramas and themes. :)

I can't wait to purchase two more of these shelves and setup all my Sideshow figures and Gentle Giant mini busts on them. Will look sweet I reckon. B)

GNT

Reaction score
Nice set up. Everything is nicely confined to it's own sections.