The Black Series (2013 - Present)

GNT

Reaction score
Any sightings or word on the 3 and 6inch lines hitting our shores?

I have the 6" figures in my bbts loot atm and looking at picking and choosing the 3 inch line when that hits.

Reaction score
We'll probably see TBS sometime in 2015 out here.
You know we're treated like a third world country.

GNT

Reaction score
Even the refugees get more then us ;) :p

But seriously, even when they hit I wonder what the Saga Legends line will be priced at since that's meant to be the affordable line? I suspect the black 3" to be roughly the same as it is now and maybe the 6" $25 or $30? Sigh, it would be great to see some new product on the shelves.

Reaction score
Hey Mike S, sorry to cross post, but I notice back in the SDCC Boba & Han Carbonite thread, you mentioned about getting that package "easily", were you being "sawcawstic"? Or did you really have a way of getting it, for a good price of course?

Reaction score
So mate, I was being Sawcawstic.

Hasbro's favorite pastime, is feeding the secondary scalper market.
Just look at the SSDC Death Star going for $500.00 on eBay and now this Fett going as high as $300.00.
It makes me mad, because that's money I would rather spend on Hasbro products and not fill the wallet, of some faceless Muppet on eBay.

GNT

Reaction score
Prices will drop in time, unless your in some major rush to have it, it would be best to wait it out till it's selling at a reasonable price. If not Hasbro is releasing Boba in wave 2 and will find another way for the carbonite block to get released down the road. I wouldn't be paying much for it atm.

Reaction score
I too am looking forward to seeing this line hit the shelves also. I've seen nothing locally. Mike S, 2015 may be a little out though, I expect perhaps around November 2014, just in time for next Christmas. Be nice to see some exclusives from the line released as an Aussie edition.

Just a quick mention also (relocate if you like..) but I did notice today JB HIFI have the JB exclusive Star Wars steelbook sets (x2) available now.

Reaction score
Mike S, 2015 may be a little out though, I expect perhaps around November 2014, just in time for next Christmas.
I was being cynical.

According to Hasbro AU, there is supposed to be a major Star Wars reset in September 2013.

GNT

Reaction score
I was being cynical.

According to Hasbro AU, there is supposed to be a major Star Wars reset in September 2013.
At least that isn't long to wait. Would be great if all stores could clear out all the old stock completely before all the new stock arrives.

Reaction score
Pffft, I couldn't be bothered waiting for them to pull their fingers out.
Target are charging $19.00 for a single action figure - that is a flipping heresy of megalithic proportions.
I am sure once the 6" figures hit, they're going to be about $50.00 a pop.

Screw that. I am waiting for my BBTS order to ship. With shipping, everything I've ordered works out to a reasonable $16.00 each.
And that's with Collector Grade included.

Australian Retail can go kiss the rear end of a Bantha. I'm sending my coin to the USA and happy to do so.

GNT

Reaction score
Target are charging $19.00 for a single action figure - that is a flipping heresy of megalithic proportions.

Screw that. I am waiting for my BBTS order to ship. With shipping, everything I've ordered works out to a reasonable $16.00 each.

Australian Retail can go kiss the rear end of a Bantha. I'm sending my coin to the USA and happy to do so.
I always get Target to price match another store, never had much of a problem to get them to mark the figures down to around $12 a piece so I can't complain :)

I get most of my items through BBTS, I build up a loot and then have it all shipped in one go, shipping works out way cheaper that way so I'll probably wait till have 3 or 4 waves released before I get everything shipped.

Reaction score
Right you are, both..
The only place selling them in Australia atm, that i can find, is an eBay seller from Victoria, asking - hold onto your hat Mike - $50.00 each!!
I like the ideas you both have put forward.

Thanks!

EDIT: Referring to the 6" figures

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Right you are, both..
The only place selling them in Australia atm, that i can find, is an eBay seller from Victoria, asking - hold onto your hat Mike - $50.00 each!!

Thanks!

Already have mine bought and all up never worked out to be 50$ a piece. Not even Neca is that expensive :p

GNT

Reaction score
The next wave of cheap looking 12" figures aka Vader and Obi-Wan in the Saga Legends packaging is now out at K-Mart for $19

Reaction score
Right you are, both..

Thanks!

Saw that one too. Guy couldn't even bother to take his own photos or chuck in free shipping.

For shame.

EDIT: Asked popcultcha whether they were going to stock these, don't think the employee had even heard of them until then :L

Last edited:
Reaction score

...what the?
($80figs+$31shipping)/4
$27.75
what kind of voodoo are you on about

Reaction score
I spent more than $80 on figures.

Total with shipping $423.91

26 pieces divided by $423.91 = $16.30

Reaction score

Woah, what an impressive haul there Mike.

I'm not going to bother getting the Mission Series and Legends stuff or the 12 inch Obi Wan but I'll get all the Black Series stuff and probably that 12 inch Vader for my desk at work. :awesome:

Reaction score
Woah, what an impressive haul there Mike.

I'm not going to bother getting the Mission Series and Legends stuff or the 12 inch Obi Wan but I'll get all the Black Series stuff and probably that 12 inch Vader for my desk at work. :awesome:
You put toys at your desk at work!?! ... and not have people laugh at you? The only place I worked at before which I saw people getting away with this, and wasn't into SW back then, was Coles Myer HQ and the ATO! Already, I have the geek label by putting a couple of pictures of Boba.:\

Last edited:
Reaction score

haha, that's the same logic I used when I bought two similar figures, one for $50 and the other for $10. I told myself "It's more like $30" each. ;}

Reaction score
Self justification when spending is not new to any of us..:grin:, I always try to bundle on purchases, again to price 'per item' and to absorb postage/shipping costs.. always pair up (in the least) when buying carded items..

Nice work, Mike..
Now for all that you show there I could have got the Sideshow Premium Format Exclusive Shaak Ti for around the same price AUS (1 figure).. Puts it into a larger dilemma for perspective reasoning when all is layed out.. darn it.. if it comes down to preference i'd mostly stuck with Shaak, but that's my preference.
For the record, I have none of it, that shown above, or Sideshow Shaak. My focus remains on vintage, still, it won't stop me from drooling form time to time..:p
As stated above though, Mike... an impressive haul no doubt. (and at excellent singular/per item pricing!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just scored entire wave 1 figs off of amazon (thanks bigbarada). Seems like the better route if you don't have a bulging 'pile of loot'.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey great price! That works out to be about $13 per figure!! Nice work Mr. Nigelthornberry.. a considerable saving of roughly $7 (retail) per figure, making a total overall saving of AUS$56! Outstanding!

(That's how we do it!! :D)

Edit: Percentage wise you saved around 35%.. nice

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey great price! That works out to be about $13 per figure!! Nice work Mr. Nigelthornberry.. a considerable saving of roughly $7 (retail) per figure, making a total overall saving of AUS$56! Outstanding!

(That's how we do it!! :D)

Edit: Percentage wise you saved around 35%.. nice
Thank you, thank you. I would like to thank 'bigbarada'. For whom, without, this would not have been possible. Please, a round of applause if you will.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know if this is against the rules or not, as I'm fairly new, and I didn't see any rules posted, so please don't get too mad at me (Mr. Moderator) if it is.

I'm in the US and I've heard a lot about you guys' struggles in getting The Black Series. I have a complete 6-inch set for a pretty cheap price, as compared to you guys will probably be paying when they finally are released there. So that I don't break the rules too bad (if I did at all), private message me if you're interested.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I took my boy into Toys'R'Us on the weekend to find they are selling all remaing 3 3/4 stock for $11.98 a piece, down from the normal $18 each! Looks as though they are clearing stock for this new black line.. Temptaion was a'knockin' but my resolve held true..:)

GNT

Reaction score
Probably nothing great anyways, they'll probably charge that $18 for the black series as well :p

Reaction score
^
To be honest, I was thinking they'll be priced $20-22 each, up to 40-45 each for the 6 inch..

GNT

Reaction score
They'd be fools to charge that, no parent would pay that much for one when they could buy a Ben 10 figure for half the price.

Reaction score
They'd be fools to charge that, no parent would pay that much for one when they could buy a Ben 10 figure for half the price.
Hey! This is Star Wars.. At Toys 'R Us.... in Australia... If they were happy charging 18 bucks each for the standard lines...

Star Wars is always dearer than any other toy line, except perhaps Thomas the Tank Engine stuff.! egad!! Lego is a great indicator of inflated retail pricing here..

I hope you are right though.. I have always believed in volume sales..

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Very nice, how much are TRU selling them for?

Reaction score
Very nice, how much are TRU selling them for?

Yeah I'd be interested to know how much TRU's are flogging off the Black Series 6 inch figures too.

Knowing them it would be $30.00 a pop. :disgusted:

Reaction score
Yeah I'd be interested to know how much TRU's are flogging off the Black Series 6 inch figures too.

Knowing them it would be $30.00 a pop. :disgusted:
Yep, it's what I said earlier in the thread, and that price is going to be roughly equivalent to the prices I've researched if one buys online (either from ebay or other sites) and to another major Australian retailer... get ready ... it's "Sider-ney", no I mean $35.00:$. But I had to, don't blame me,.....:'(

Kmart will stock the 3.75 inch Black Series at around $15.75

it's like between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Last edited:
Reaction score
alright guuyys, it's compaarison tiiime!

first off DCUC Green Lantern Hal Jordan with Black Series Sandtrooper

next Black Series Luke Skywalker pilot with DCUC Jonah Hex

note that the Black Series is stays strictly to the 6 inch scale, whilst the DCUC is a little taller. If the DCUC were using the scale of the Black Series with the Sandtrooper being equivalent to 6 feet, than Hal Jordan would be around 6 feet 3" and Jonah Hex be around 6 feet 5". I've researched generally Hal's height being anywhere between 6 feet to 6 feet 2", and Jonah around 5 feet 11". Interestingly enough, some of characterisation of Jonah being drawn from actor Clint Eastword, whom I hear was 6 feet 4" at his peak but now is around 6 feet 2". Luke/Mark Hamill comes in straight on 5 feet 7".

On the reverse, if we use the scale of the DCUC where Hal Jordan's height is used as a base of 6 feet 2", then Jonah hex would come in at 6 feet 4", the Sandtrooper would go down to 5 feet 11" but Luke would be too noticeably short at 5 feet 6".

and finally, here's the Black Series figures thrown in with the Tranformers Prime Megatron Voyager series (for fun) and the NECA AVP Jungle Hunter at around the 7 inch scale range. I can accept the Predators height in this in view of this being a "bigger alien" which ranges from over 7 feet or taller. However, I reckon the predator looks better scaled against the DCUC than it does to the Black Series.

Reaction score
What I notice is that Luke is "a little short to be a stormtrooper".

Once again Aussie retailers outprice themselves to overseas dealers..:confused:

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
I can't wait to get mine :( I think I'll give it a few months (errr) or until I have a few things in my loot before I have mine shipped out to me.