The Black Hole DIsney Select Classic Series!

Reaction score
EE has these for an estimated January 2020 shipment.

V.I.N.CENT and Old Bob: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/disney-select-classic-series-1-vincent-and-bob-figures/dc83789

Maximilian: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/disney-select-classic-series-1-maximilian-action-figure/dc83790

There is also a set which includes the aforemtioned robots, plus the Rocketeer.

I'm preordering V.I.N.CENT and Bob. I loved those two as a kid and never was able to get one from the Mego line, though I had a couple of the human characters.

Reaction score
I pre-ordered the set from BBTS. Black Hole toys are not very common, or the Rocketeer for that matter.

Reaction score
I just hope the line does well, then we might get some humans. Besides, there's still the sentry robot to do! That's a definite army builder for me, although knowing my luck they'll make S.T.A.R. a store exclusive and I won't be able to get him over here in the UK!

Reaction score
Awesome news! Loved this movie and wanted figures so bad as a kid.

Reaction score
These, along with the new Tron figures, are a disappointment to me since they keep making these things in a scale I don't collect.
Feel like missed opportunities.
That said however, since The Black Hole is still one of my top 5 favorite films, I pre-ordered them as soon as I got the email notification about them.
I also don't collect the Funko Pop figures but got the exclusive VINCent and Maximillian as soon as I heard about them.

I just hope the line does well, then we might get some humans. Besides, there's still the sentry robot to do! That's a definite army builder for me, although knowing my luck they'll make S.T.A.R. a store exclusive and I won't be able to get him over here in the UK!
Serves you right! Since we never got the original Old BOB, STAR, or the Humanoid in the US.
:p

Last edited:
Reaction score
These, along with the new Tron figures, are a disappointment to me since they keep making these things in a scale I don't collect.
Feel like missed opportunities.
That said however, since The Black Hole is still one of my top 5 favorite films, I pre-ordered them as soon as I got the email notification about them.
I also don't collect the Funko Pop figures but got the exclusive VINCent and Maximillian as soon as I heard about them.

Serves you right! Since we never got the original Old BOB, STAR, or the Humanoid in the US. :p
Neither did we in the UK sadly. Just Italy and Canada as far as I know!

Reaction score
Got my preorder in today. These guys will look great with my Neca Planet of the Apes and McFarlane Trek figures (Kirk and Picard, sadly the only ones in the line, that I know of).

Reaction score
Got my preorder in today. These guys will look great with my Neca Planet of the Apes and McFarlane Trek figures (Kirk and Picard, sadly the only ones in the line, that I know of).
This reminds me of other unfinished lines that I collected, like Pulp Fiction and the Muppets from DST.

Reaction score
At first I was excited, then shocked, $27 for one figure?! Then I realized these were 7" scale, which I have no interest in.
They are cool looking though!

Reaction score
Happy to have a BOB and Vincent in any format. Add the Sentry Robots and I'll be ecstatic.

Reaction score
So I watched this movie this weekend...first time in 25+ years. I have some issues/questions. Beware - SPOILER ALERTS! :p

1. Wow - 40 years later - I can see why it bombed. Still love it.
2. VINCENT is kind of annoying.
3. Still love Old BOB - it's like Old Yeller dying. :-(
4. How does Cygnus not get incinerated by the meteors?
5. Humanoid face still freaks me out. This was a Disney movie?
6. After going through the Black Hole, how does Reinhardt get into Maximillian? Max has no "legs".
7. Reinhardt/Max seem to be standing in Hell? Can't believe Disney put this in a kids movie.
8. Never noticed the throngs of Humanoids walking through hell with Reinhardt/Max watching over them.
9. What happened to the Palamino crew? Did they fly through Heaven? And was that an angel flying with them?
10. The "laser" special effects were horrible.

Thoughts?

Utinniii

Reaction score
So I watched this movie this weekend...first time in 25+ years. I have some issues/questions. Beware - SPOILER ALERTS! :p

1. Wow - 40 years later - I can see why it bombed. Still love it.
2. VINCENT is kind of annoying.
3. Still love Old BOB - it's like Old Yeller dying. :-(
4. How does Cygnus not get incinerated by the meteors?
5. Humanoid face still freaks me out. This was a Disney movie?
6. After going through the Black Hole, how does Reinhardt get into Maximillian? Max has no "legs".
7. Reinhardt/Max seem to be standing in Hell? Can't believe Disney put this in a kids movie.
8. Never noticed the throngs of Humanoids walking through hell with Reinhardt/Max watching over them.
9. What happened to the Palamino crew? Did they fly through Heaven? And was that an angel flying with them?
10. The "laser" special effects were horrible.

Thoughts?
This wasn't really a kids movie. It almost feels like it was an adult movie adapted into a kid's movie.

(EDIT:)I just read the wikki and it was originally a disaster film and was the first PG rated Disney film.

I loved it as a child, hated it the second time I saw it in high school, and appreciated it the third time I watched it. The score was amazing though. I listen to the overture all the time.

I found BOB more annoying than Vincent. Why a robot would be programed with that voice is baffling (yet it was also done with Starcrash).
Hell is one of the reasons for the PG rating. Max is stuck in hell, imprisoned inside his robot, like he imprisoned his crew as androids.
The good guys went to heaven (led by an angel) but were released back into the universe through the white hole. IDK if it was an alternate reality or not though. The planet in front of then infers that they will survive.

I suspect the novelization explains it it better detail. I think the book tries to explain the scientific inconsistencies more.

Reaction score
I suspect the novelization explains it it better detail. I think the book tries to explain the scientific inconsistencies more.
Not really. I read the novelization of it when I was a kid, and from what I remember, they were physically atomized by the black hole and scattered across the galaxy with Kate's telepathy holding them together as a consciousness.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Did the novel have the heaven/hell part then?

I know the reboot is on hold because it is to Dark for Disney. I wonder if that will change any time soon. Now that Disney owns just about everything, they could produce it with another company.

Utinniii

Reaction score
It was a good read. I'm listening to the OST on Youtube right now. It is the theme, not the overture that I like.

I made a cast of the STAR robot pencil holder and the remains are in my Jabba's droid torture room trophy chamber.