The best EP1 Figure

Reaction score
The Destroyer Droids are my favorite Ep.1 figure. I can't get enough of em. I have 25 and still buying more. You can put them in any Ep. 1-3 diorama. I can't wait for the new one with the force field coming soon in the not too distant future.

Reaction score
The Episode 1 line is getting more and more respect as time goes on.

The Sith Speeder Maul face blows the other Mauls away... Anyone else ever noticed this ?

Reaction score
Dark_Raider said:

The Sith Speeder Maul face blows the other Mauls away... Anyone else ever noticed this ?
I am noticing that too. It seems more and more people are trying to collect this line nowdays.

Reaction score
Dark_Raider said:

I think for the Episode I line of figures yes, and while not part of that line, the POTJ deluxe Maul to me is the best representation of likeness to date. I know we're talking Episode I line stuff here, but I had to mention it, sorry!

Reaction score
I agree with Yak - Love TPM whole opening sequence - Favourite figures: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan & TC-14.

Reaction score
I liked the Naboo Royal Security guy with the helmet a lot. He was hard to find here, but he was worth the search. And the Battle Droid from one of the Naboo sets (either the hangar or the control room) that falls apart if hit. The other droids with their variant paint schemes were cool and all, but this droid could add a little something more by being left laying in pieces, where the other ones couldn't.

Reaction score
I really liked OOM-9....

There are others too, as i recall my Sith Speeder Darth Maul is still one of my absolute favourite SW figures ever. And the fact that he (+speeder) was $5 on clearance in 2000 was a bonus at the time!!

Reaction score
Since opening weekend of TPM3D has come and gone, I thought it might be fun to discuss episode 1 figures that can still hold their own against the figures of today. Now we can all agree that articulation of yesteryear is nothing when compared to today's standards, but feel free to post pics of your TPM figures (EP1, POTJ or even Saga) that you can display with your most current figures, and still hold your head up high! Here's my first entry:

Reaction score
Mace Windu. I always thought he was really well-done. I'd also vote for Adi Gallia or Ki-Adi Mundi.

Reaction score
There are a lot of good figures in this line, but my absolute favorite has got to be the Jedi Duel Maul or the Darth Siduous, both figures I have a deep sentimental attachment to but I really like the Ki-Adi Mundi and the Jedi Duel Obi Wan Kenobi too. Lot's of great figures came out of this line and I'm happy to have been a part of collecting them, it's cool because I remember still being able to find figures from Episode 1 in stores deep into 2002 and early 2003.

Reaction score
Watto.

After 13 years I still think that sculpt holds up incredibly well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It crosses over into POTJ, but Theed Invasion Amidala is also really great, even by today's standards.

Reaction score
Sio Bibble isn't the best, just one I like.

But that Padme looks great, but the face looks photoshopped in.

Reaction score
I would agree with Jcc2224Cody on this. I bought a few of Ep. 1 figs and the battle droid stood out the best for it's time and still holds out till this day. I remember buying other droids in the 2002 Saga and in the TAC, but they seemed so flimsy and less animated in their movements.

Reaction score
The EP1 line was very underrated, especially because the initial '99 figures were, in many cases, over-produced and peg-warmed everywhere for a long time. That being said, there were a lot of great figures/toys that came out of this line, and I have fond memories of getting these back in the day:

- Darth Maul w/Sith Speeder: IMHO, this is hands-down the best EP1 Darth Maul that has ever come out in any line. Superb sculpt, and the face was especially well-done.

- Watto: Truly awesome figure & sculpt, and rivals even modern figures re: the detail/paint wash, etc.

- TC-14: Nice figure, and extremely HTF. In fact, I never found this toy in the EP1 line, but eventually got this when it was re-released in the Saga Legends line in the late 2000's (and even this SL figure was HTF!)

- Rune Haako

- R2-B1: Great figure; I like R2 droid variants, and the dark blue & yellow colors on this were very nice. This was another extremely HTF figure - I only saw this once @ retail.

- Chancellor Valorum: Very nice detail on the blue robe.

And, though it's nice to go into a store now and see new EP1 figures & re-packaged EP1 vehicles (to promote the 3D version of TPM), nothing will beat the feeling of going into a store in early May '99 and seeing pegs & walls of red-packaged EP1 toys everywhere :grin:

GNT

Reaction score
Most of the figures were pretty decent, the articulation wasn't overly great but Hasbro made up for it with awesome paint apps on the characters that made them extra special - Nute,Rune, Watto to name a few. It's alright line but I'll ignore the fact that the line pegwarmed for ages and some figures were impossible to find.

Reaction score
I also really fond of Holo Darth Sidious. The color is great, even if it's a little on the purple side. I like how the face and hands were given a light flesh hue, but still translucent.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holo Sidious is possibly the best holo figure ever produced. Period

R2-B1. While lacking a third leg, he came with a charging port, as well as his rich deep blue and stark yellow paintscheme. The dome was incorrect, but other than that, he was good.

TC-14. The yellow eyes were done quite well. I wasn't sure I liked the black splotching near the joints, but the eye and midsection wiring were well-painted.

C-3PO. The one and only time a "naked" protocol droid looked so good. Detailing was awesome.

Battle Droids. Variations were a plus. They had the most articulation out of the whole line, and unlike the generations that followed were made from a sturdy plastic.

OOM-9. One would think a simple repaint would have been all that would be done with OOM-9. But a new mold was introduced instead. Though it was generally squishier than the Battle Droid.

Nute n' Rune. Both were well sculpted and well painted. IMO they still stand up to this day, aside from articulation and removable miters.

Reaction score
I agree on Holo Sidious. I just got one and he stands out as the best Episode I figure I have. And definitely the best likeness of a hologram.

The Battle Droids and C-3PO are also very nice.

Reaction score
I loved this line, I guess cos most of the figures were really detailed and nicely done.

Best for me is probably Nute Gunery or Anakin or Darth Maul or Watto

Worst is Gasgano, horrible!!!