The best EP1 Figure

Reaction score
Best EP I figure?

I had my Captain Panaka out the other day and was noticing how nice a figure it is. Other than his stance, he's got nice articulation and detail. Its almost as good as some of the POTJ stuff we've seen. Was there a better EP I figure?

Reaction score
Re: Best EP I figure?

Ody Mandrell's sweet, very neat figure, and so was Gasgano, but his arms fell off, still for his size (Stick with 4 stick arms) he's neat

I didn't like Panaka for 2 reasons, his stance, and his non-removeable hat... Beyond that, he's sculpted very good, very good likeness, and the suit sculpting was good too

G

While there were a lot of E2 figs that I thought were well done in terms of detail/sculpting,likeness,articulation,etc... My personal favorite is the Destroyer droid
Runners up(in no particular order):
Capt. Panaka
Queen Amidala(Senate)
Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon(Naboo)
'holo' Sidious
C-3PO
Anakin(Naboo/padawan)
Naboo Royal Guard
Niemoidians
Graxyyl Kelvyn(sp?)

Reaction score

I was disappointed with the destroyer droid for one reason: It didn't roll up in the slightest. I would have thought they could have used some sort of "Transformers" type technology to make it roll up into a ball. That would have put it over the top.

Reaction score

Mine is Ki-Adi-Mundi, the head sculpt was amazing and the eye paint job was da bombadest.

Honorable mentions go to
TC-14
Sio Bibble
Palpy
Valorum
Tarples
Maul from Tatooine showdown
Graxol Kelvyyn

I was also bumbed with the Destroyer Droid not rolling up. I still remember getting it and almost crying when I found out it didn't transform.

Reaction score

The best figures seem to be of tertiary characters. I think the detailing in C-3PO is magnificent and an incredible accomplishment in a 3-3/4" representation of that character. Watto is also dead on accurate (too bad he's painted green, though). Another figure that comes to mind is Captain Tarpals. He's got great sculpting and one of the best paint jobs in the line.

Reaction score

Here are my choices in no particular order

TC-14
Sio Bibble
Naboo Qui-Gon
Naboo Obi-Wan
Panaka
Ki-Adi Mundi

G

i can't say just one is the best but i do like amidala(fight for naboo)

G

I like the Watto figure alot! One of my favorites of all time! I also like EP1 Yoda and Destroyer Droids alot!

Reaction score

Of the E1 figs I have always liked Nute Gunray and Rune Haako...good amount of detail and captures the characters almost perfectly. Sio Bibble, Valorum, Tarpals and Palpatine were also nice IMO.

G

For me it's gotta be Panaka, Mundi, Adi Gallia, and TC14 if I ever could have found it.

Reaction score

mine are mace,adi and plo koon (Don't know if POTJ counts)

G

how could everybody be forgetting about jar-jar? (stated in a sarcastic tone)

Reaction score

I'd say my favorite would have to be Watto. When I decided that I would get the EP1 figures (a difficult decision, since we were pretty broke at the time), Watto was one of the main reasons. Although I am writing this at work, and may be forgetting another figure I like more...

However, if we were allowed to include POTJ figures in this, my favorite figure based on ep1 would have to be Jar Jar with his tongue out. More than any figure, it shows the personality of the character represented. It is also well sculpted, painted, and is just all around amazing.

Reaction score

my favorites

Holo Sidious
TC-14
R2-B1
Amidala battle
Nute Gunray

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PodRacer X:
I think the detailing in C-3PO is magnificent and an incredible accomplishment in a 3-3/4" representation of that character. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

absolutely. the paint detail on this fig is incredible.

I also think both Neimoidians are superbly done.

G

I thought the Darth Maul from the tatooine showdown was absolutly fantastic. No pink chin or goggly eyes was a welcome change

I also think his flowing cloak was supurbly well down (although a little restraining articulation wise)
I probaly would of also liked the holo sidious but I never did find him

Reaction score

Watto is by far the best-best paint, best likeness, best pose, best overall.

For some reason I like the TC-14, as plain as it is. I just like it.

Reaction score

i really like plo-koon. i thought he was the best. i also like holo sidious alot

G

I,m going with Tarpals. His Paint and sculpt details rock.

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: b-man ]

Reaction score

I would have to put my vote in for Watto, but for some reason my personal favorite is the regular Darth Sidious. (Don't have the Holo yet so that might very well become my number one.)

Reaction score

Me, I'd have to go with the mail-away Mace Windu. I just like this one the best. If I had to pick only 1 TMP figure to keep, this would be the one.

Runners-up would be TC-14 and Darth Maul.

Reaction score

Mine are
Palpatine
Tc-14
Panaka
Naboo Royal Guard
Amidala (Naboo)
Qui and Obi (Naboo)
Amidala Coruscant
Red Artoo (Queens ship)

Draven

Reaction score

I don't think there was a bad episode 1 figure. Gasgano maybe let the side down but I liked them all!

Favourites were Mace, Ki Adi Mundi and Adi Gallia!

They were certainly better than the Episode 2 figures look so far!

G

Watto immediately comes to mind followed by Darth Maul with sith speeder

Reaction score

The detailing on the Neimoidians is awesome. Holo Sidious is nice too, if only because the articulation works, unlike the resin "spirits of".

Reaction score

I'll put my two cents in for the Destroyer Droids & the Tatooine Darth Maul
although anything with a lightsaber is cool for me.

Now that I think about it I have Palpatine & Sidious side-by-side on my wall, I like having both of them because they make such an "interesting..." pair together

Reaction score

I probably like the Naboo Royal Guard the best. I tend not to like figures that are over-posed, but this guy's stance makes him look pretty cool. Plus he's got a removeable helmet (always a plus).

I'd also nominate R2-B1 just because it was a much-needed non-R2-D2 droid...and, of course, it looks cool.

G

my favorite is anakin(naboo) i love they way it looks 9 year old anakin in his jedi suit.

Reaction score

Naboo Royal Security
Obi Wan(3rd sculpt)-Jedi
Qui Gon(3rd Sculpt)-Jedi Master

Reaction score

I like the detail on C-3PO. I think that they were all very well done.

Reaction score

The best would have to go too the Destroyer Droid and Yoda(should have had seperate legs but was such a detailed figure anyway)

G

Here are mine:

Gasgano
Ody Mandrell
Adi Gallia
Senator Palpatine
Chancellor Valorum
Mace Windu
Rune Haako
Queen Amidala Fighter
Sio Bibble
R2-B1
TC-14
Jar Jar Binks

Nute Gunray
and many more, heck, I liked 'em all.

G

Whats everyone's favorite Ep1 Fig? my vote is for the Darth Sidious Holograph. I just think it is awesome looking and love to stand him on top of a lit flashlight.

Reaction score
I like Nute Gunray alot. He just has this "I'm really a great guy if you give me a chance" look. I think his pose is cool too, how he has his hands joined. Gotta love the viceroy. I like Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon alot too. They were the first figures with cloaks like that, and with a lightsaber and a hilt. I love them both. And my last favorite of the Ep 1 line is the Droideka (Don't remember if that was the name on the card or not) I don't know why I like it so much, it's just really cool looking. It looks like it's ready to like, kill somebody. Looks kinda evil, if you know what I mean. I could go on. There are so many cool figures in the line, but I think I'll let someone else put their two cents in first.

G

My favorite EP1 figure...hmmmm.

I would say the first Darth Maul (Jedi Duel). Just because he was my first figure from the line if not anything else.

The 12" Darth Maul is my favorite though if you take all scales into consideration.