The Batman (2022)

Reaction score
Watched it. I hope this really is what all those Batman Fans are after, for me it was meh. Some of Batman action sequences were cool while other aspects just felt like forever to play out and could have been about 30minutes shorter for me. That's a long time to sit in a Theater seat(here) for not much pay off and feeling a bit bored intermittently. Could be I'm just looking for a different Batman movie than the rest who like this and TDKT.

Reaction score
So finally saw the Batman.

My thoughts.
IT The Long Halloween part 1, which is a really good idea. What we see here may not be what we think.
Spoiler: I thought this before seeing it, & it kind of holds up. That's not the real Riddler that they captured.

Kind of hoping for more of a court of Owls storyline, but its kind of set up for sequels.

We will see two face in a sequel, but I really hope they don't blow off his face as the DA/Batman friendship is something often skipped through or discarded but would actually be heartbreaking if they played it out over multiple movies.

Reaction score
So finally saw the Batman.

My thoughts.
IT The Long Halloween part 1, which is a really good idea. What we see here may not be what we think.
Spoiler: I thought this before seeing it, & it kind of holds up. That's not the real Riddler that they captured.

Kind of hoping for more of a court of Owls storyline, but its kind of set up for sequels.

We will see two face in a sequel, but I really hope they don't blow off his face as the DA/Batman friendship is something often skipped through or discarded but would actually be heartbreaking if they played it out over multiple movies.
Watched it last night on HBO MAX and I have mixed feelings... Pattinson to me seemed to not really put forth the passion in the role of Batman. It was a definitely a very dark and gritty film, which worked well. The Riddler was an interesting twist on the classic character but he didn't give me Riddler vibes like the previous versions we've seen. this one was very similar to how the Riddler was portrayed in the TV Series Gotham.

I liked the ending with the nod to the Joker in Arkham, the action sequences were interesting as well. I look forward to seeing what Matt Reeves does for a sequel (if there is one in the works or not) and where the story goes from here.

I think the casting choice for Carmine Falcone was off.. I could get past the fact that this was Agent Simmons from Transformers. I would love to see Matt Reeves take on Two-Face as I think it would be a truly twisted version of Two-Face and possibly on par with Nolan's version.

i definitely need to watch the movie a few times to get a feel for it though.

Reaction score
the best version of batman, was the one from the justice league cartoons. if they could just put THAT on screen, then they'd have a winner.

it was the perfect balance between 'cartoon' and 'serious'.

unfortunately, the hollywood spectrum seems to go from "goofy" to "dark" instead -- where the 90's movies were just too goofy, and this one was just too dark.

Reaction score
I kind of agree that this latest Batman movie was probably the darkest one yet. I honestly felt like I was watching a serial killer movie at times. Which it kind of was in a way.

Reaction score
the best version of batman, was the one from the justice league cartoons. if they could just put THAT on screen, then they'd have a winner.

it was the perfect balance between 'cartoon' and 'serious'.

unfortunately, the hollywood spectrum seems to go from "goofy" to "dark" instead -- where the 90's movies were just too goofy, and this one was just too dark.
They did.....

Reaction score
Part 2 will be the next part of Long Halloween, expect to see Harvey Dent (Please go 1 movie building the relationship before going 2 faced)

Riddler seems like a mix of Riddler & Holiday Killer so we kind of should expect that.

They might surprise us & do something new but likely some variation of a graphic novel.