The Bad Batch Wrecker

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface.com is reporting that a deluxe clone trooper is showing in the EBgames system and is believed to be Wrecker from the Bad Batch

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting that the deluxe Wrecker is now en route to the U.S.
This shouldn't be so impressive but given the lack of characters available for TROS and the Mando premiere, it's nice to see Hasbro preparing to have product on shelves when the Bad Batch finally drops.

Reaction score
Looks good, but looking at these pictures I don't think he merits the $30 price tag. Just like I don't feel like Jar jar did either. Especially since Crosshair and Hunter actually look kind of on the skinny side.

That said, I'll still pick him up, but I don't know if he'll be a preorder.

Reaction score
Are they really going to release him in the fall? Why not with the others?

The Bad Batch got a release date now for May but I guess hasbro didn't know when it was coming out this year.

Reaction score
I definitely feel like Hasbro is pushing it with the prices. $30 for this figure seems steep considering that he's just a standard figure without any extras thrown in for perceived value. I get that he's a larger figure and they want to recoup the money it takes for a larger figure with a higher price. But they also know they can justify the price to the public with him being in the larger package and so forth.

He's a nice figure, I will buy him. But I'm not going to kid myself and pretend he isn't over priced. I can buy the Devestator figure from the DC Multiverse line for $20 and that figure is a flat out brick.

I think they should throw in some dio pieces or other random accessories to pad it out if they are going to charge us $30 anyway.

Reaction score
I definitely feel like Hasbro is pushing it with the prices. $30 for this figure seems steep considering that he's just a standard figure without any extras thrown in for perceived value. I get that he's a larger figure and they want to recoup the money it takes for a larger figure with a higher price. But they also know they can justify the price to the public with him being in the larger package and so forth.

He's a nice figure, I will buy him. But I'm not going to kid myself and pretend he isn't over priced. I can buy the Devestator figure from the DC Multiverse line for $20 and that figure is a flat out brick.

I think they should throw in some dio pieces or other random accessories to pad it out if they are going to charge us $30 anyway.
Yeah, they were fine selling the likes of Chewie at the same price as a Leia, R2 and Yoda in the past but nowadays Hasbro is having a laugh with what they consider a Deluxe these days, such as this figure and the upcoming ROTJ Boba!

Last edited:
Reaction score
He looks like a mutant Hulk Tem Morrison, which is fun. Well done Hasbro! But I didn't collect TCW and I'm not collecting Bad Batch either.

Reaction score
Are they really going to release him in the fall? Why not with the others?

The Bad Batch got a release date now for May but I guess hasbro didn't know when it was coming out this year.
Hunter, Crosshair, and the Elite Squad Trooper are already available while Yakface just reported last week Wrecker is already in Hasbro's Canadian distribution centers so he'll definitely be available before the show starts airing. We'll probably see him in collectors hands within the next few weeks.

bac

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score

That's just it though, he's not that much bigger than the others and certainly not $5ish bigger. Perhaps $1-2 more worth of plastic to create a slightly larger figure, although I do see where their coming from in the sense this sculpt can only be use for one character unlike the normal sized ones. So perhaps the significantly increased price is to absorb those costs.

Their whole pricing format already shows several price points so I don't get why $30 is the go to for "basic" figures that are slightly larger, when we've got "basic" figure repaint Exclusives going for $22 to $25 depending on the retailer. IMHO a $10 increase for maybe an ounce of extra plastic is beyond ridiculous, and Ten dollars is basically half the price of a regular figure for crying out loud! So at that price you should be able to get several accessories if not an actual half sized figure. lol

I'm glad I have no interest in this character because worth $30 it is not.

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, ordered Wrecker because of fomo. Overall these guys are a little more cartoonish than I would have preferred. But I really loved CW so I don’t wanna be scrambling to find this team if I really like the upcoming show. I also really like the head sculpt and usually I prefer a straight vanilla head if we’re only getting one. Should have come with fists however to to that hulk smash pose they keep showing.

Reaction score
So what you're saying is he should be backed in with half a figure as an extra? OH! He should include Cannonball's legs from ML. This thing would sell like crazy!

bac

Reaction score
Wrecker sold out at Amazon and Pulse pretty fast. Clearly the bulk of collector's don't care about the $29.99 price point. They just want the figure.

Reaction score
Got in at Pulse. He lasted a few minutes it seems like.

Surprised at the late ship date, thought this guy was coming to warehouses in Canada soon.

Reaction score
Wrecker sold out at Amazon and Pulse pretty fast. Clearly the bulk of collector's don't care about the $29.99 price point. They just want the figure.
I think we're seeing two things happening here though, the fear of never finding it which means people would rather pay$30 than miss out altogether. Secondly I think a lot of people these days are simply ordering with the hopes it will increase in price within the next year or two so the can sell for a profit being as TBS seems to be all the craze ATM. And with Hasbro basically starving the fan base it also creates false demand.

Little do these people who don't care about price, and how it will end up affecting things to come. And I don't think the bulk of the people willing to pay $30 are made up of just collectors. Yet it never amazes me at what some people will pay for toys just to pay it, It's like all reason goes out the window for some things.

Reaction score
I think we're seeing two things happening here though, the fear of never finding it which means people would rather pay$30 than miss out altogether. Secondly I think a lot of people these days are simply ordering with the hopes it will increase in price within the next year or two so the can sell for a profit being as TBS seems to be all the craze ATM. And with Hasbro basically starving the fan base it also creates false demand.

Little do these people who don't care about price, and how it will end up affecting things to come. And I don't think the bulk of the people willing to pay $30 are made up of just collectors. Yet it never amazes me at what some people will pay for toys just to pay it, It's like all reason goes out the window for some things.
100% agree with your first point, a lot of us have to order online due to no access to buying in person along with how crap Hasbro's distribution is for retail and the fact even when people do pre-order it's no guarantee of getting the item, is causing people to just grab what they can regardless of the price or how it's just shooting themselves in the foot down the road.

I can't comment on dealing with scalpers, as so far I've been able to pick up pretty much everything I've wanted at retail pricing even tho some shipping costs have stung a bit too much. Are scalpers that much of an issue overall?

Reaction score
I pre-ordered. Yes he's overpriced but the chances of seeing him at retail are zero. The chances of me seeing most figures at retail are zero. Hasbro's distribution is awful. I'm beating a dead horse here but I can find pretty much every McFarlane DC figure in stores. They have been restocking multiple times since X-mas so the post X-mas excuse doesn't fly if Hasbro wanted to use that.

There's zero chance I get him on sale at some point because once again...Hasbro's distribution is ****. I'm not happy with overpaying for this figure but I also know that there's only so many figures from the Black Series line that I actually want.

This is where Hasbro knows they have us. If we want to complete the team we have to fork out an extra $10 and they know we will. They probably could have charged $40 for "reasons" and they still would have come out okay.

bac

Reaction score
We're also living during a pandemic where collectibles in general, and sports cards especially, values are rapidly increasing. Corporate entities know this and can take advantage of it.

Prices will always go up. That is the business way. You either pay what's being asked or don't.

Reaction score
We're also living during a pandemic where collectibles in general, and sports cards especially, values are rapidly increasing. Corporate entities know this and can take advantage of it.

Prices will always go up. That is the business way. You either pay what's being asked or don't.
Yes prices of products do tend to always go up, but that's not the issue here. The issue a lot of people have with the latest Hasbro deluxe offerings is the value of the product which is completely different. This Wrecker figure cost's $30 and comes with zero extras or accessories which is a hard sell for people when you look at the £35-40 Wampa or the $49 Speederbike with child set as while those are repaints, the Probedroid wasn't and only cost a little more than Wrecker. Hasbro can only pull this crap so many times before people get fed up feeling screwed and move onto a different brand.

Reaction score
…..this is why McFarlane's DC Multiverse is my current favorite line. $20....across the board. Hell let's look at the Dune line of figures from McFarlane. Baron Harkonnen is a 12" fully articulated figure. The price....$34.

I understand that the SW license is the most expensive license out there....but when I'm spending my money I'm looking for the best value. And frankly it's not my problem that SW is an expensive license. If the value isn't there I'll be more choosey with this line and buy more from another line that I'm getting more out of.

At the end of the day, it's on Hasbro to keep me happy as a customer if they want my business. They can get away with price creeps and overpriced items here and there, but if it becomes the norm then they have made the decision for me.

I'm buying him because I'm committed to this cast of characters. If a borderline character comes along at this price, he's a pass.