The Bad Batch Echo - #TBB11

Reaction score
He’s in stock at rocket comics. He’s the only figure from the wave that I want and hadn’t preordered. I saw a post on Facebook that he was in stock so I ordered this morning and he shipped already. Im psyched

I COULD KISS YOU

bad-batch-star-wars.gif

Reaction score
Yes! Thanks for this post!! I was able to get it a little cheaper than my Hasbro Pulse preorder...

Reaction score
I got Echo from Amazon on Sunday. He's awesome. I've seen a few reviews of people wondering what the arm accessory is. I noticed it's also included with the Hot Toys Echo. That one has a cable on it like it launches the claw. The one that comes with Echo comes apart and has a small hole through all the pieces. It makes me think that at one point, it was planned to have a string holding it all together, but they dropped that.
I thought the exact same thing with the arm. I actually like the way it looks if you remove the grabber part. It looks like come sort of Canon. Also your can add a flame effect on it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have to say the BB Echo reminds me a little of Robocop. Even though he was a clone the Empire “resurrected” him as a cyborg is a bit sad.

View attachment 419802

Echo is one of my favorite characters because we see his story play out over the course of the Clone Wars and Bad Batch. From trainee to "shiny" to veteran to ARC to MIA and cyborg to fellow "outcast" clone with the Bad Batch...

I just wish the Bad Batch did more with him than the "half droid straight man." I wish we had seen more of his reaction to Fives's legacy. We see a few glances of his character (like mentoring Omega and refusing to give up on Gregor) but he was HEAVILY overshadowed by the rest of the crew. I hope season 2 does more with him since I'm FAR more invested in him than the other members- not because I think they're BAD (although Tech is pretty one note and kinda grates on me... ) but because we've seen his journey and have known him for far longer than the rest of the group.

Reaction score
Echo is one of my favorite characters because we see his story play out over the course of the Clone Wars and Bad Batch. From trainee to "shiny" to veteran to ARC to MIA and cyborg to fellow "outcast" clone with the Bad Batch...

I just wish the Bad Batch did more with him than the "half droid straight man." I wish we had seen more of his reaction to Fives's legacy. We see a few glances of his character (like mentoring Omega and refusing to give up on Gregor) but he was HEAVILY overshadowed by the rest of the crew. I hope season 2 does more with him since I'm FAR more invested in him than the other members- not because I think they're BAD (although Tech is pretty one note and kinda grates on me... ) but because we've seen his journey and have known him for far longer than the rest of the group.
It's kinda funny, considering all that Echo had been through, I clearly thought they'd kind of make him more the emotional center of the team (plus that's kind of tried and true Sci fi: showing the humanity in a cyborg/synthetic). I actually found him to be pretty cold toward Omega and overall just pretty shell-shocked. Tech on the other hand, I was expecting to be more that way/obsessed with machinery. But he turned out to sort of warm up and show more personality over the season. At least to me.

Echo was the figure I've been most looking forward to though. Can't wait to finally get him!

Reaction score
It's kinda funny, considering all that Echo had been through, I clearly thought they'd kind of make him more the emotional center of the team (plus that's kind of tried and true Sci fi: showing the humanity in a cyborg/synthetic). I actually found him to be pretty cold toward Omega and overall just pretty shell-shocked. Tech on the other hand, I was expecting to be more that way/obsessed with machinery. But he turned out to sort of warm up and show more personality over the season. At least to me.

Echo was the figure I've been most looking forward to though. Can't wait to finally get him!
I need to rewatch season 1 and give it another shot. I don't really hate Tech, but I feel like he was a pretty one-note character. He did have a few scenes that made me laugh (that one episode where he takes over the briefing comes to mind) but I also feel that he's a bit underdeveloped.

Omega, Hunter, and Wrecker got the majority of the screentime (I initially didn't like Wrecker but I love the guy now) and the way they handled Crosshair was... interesting. Echo and Tech kinda fell by the wayside and I hope they rectify that in season 2.

Tech has plenty of ways to make things interesting and Echo just has SO MUCH they could use since he's been around (storywise) the longest- as well as his uniqueness in being not only a cyborg but a "former" reg and squad of brothers of his own. (Again- his lack of reaction to Fives' sacrifice...)

Reaction score
Omega, Hunter, and Wrecker got the majority of the screentime (I initially didn't like Wrecker but I love the guy now) and the way they handled Crosshair was... interesting. Echo and Tech kinda fell by the wayside and I hope they rectify that in season 2.

I felt like at first they were developing Hunter and thought "ok he's the leader/father, so he gets the focus and the team are his support characters." Then midway through the season it felt like they pretty much stopped pushing that so they could develop Wrecker more and everyone else just 'played their roles'. None of this bothered me, I like the concept of the show overall, so it's not like I need one individual character to hook me into it. Just some curious choices made, I thought.

Reaction score
I felt like at first they were developing Hunter and thought "ok he's the leader/father, so he gets the focus and the team are his support characters." Then midway through the season it felt like they pretty much stopped pushing that so they could develop Wrecker more and everyone else just 'played their roles'. None of this bothered me, I like the concept of the show overall, so it's not like I need one individual character to hook me into it. Just some curious choices made, I thought.
Yeah, I guess the "playing their roles" part is what got me. Its fine most of the time (there are a lot of shows about teams like the Bad Batch) but I feel that every once in a while they should focus on the secondary characters and find out what makes them tick- especially since ONE of the characters (Echo) has so much more backstory and potential storytelling.

I think a lot of my problems would be alleviated if Echo took the spotlight for an episode to just sort out all the jank in his life. I'd love to see an episode that would develop Tech more too.

I guess we'll wait and see what happens next season. :)

Reaction score
I was overall bullish on the first season of Bad Batch, but I'm with the room here: Echo was under-utilized to the point it bordered on malpractice. It really feels like they never figured out clear ways to differentiate Tech and Echo, so they just had both of them do kinda the same stuff and shifted the focus away as much as possible. The fact that Echo didn't have more prominent moments when they went to the Separatist planet just makes no sense to me.

So I'm also on the side of hoping he gets some more to do in season 2 and they use his extensive backstory and unique perspective to greater effect. That said, I got the figure in the mail today, and it looks really cool. The whole squad turned out great! Action figures: I like 'em!

Reaction score
My Echo will be here next week! I'm looking forward to completing the team!

Reaction score
Just got Echo from Rocket Comics. Ordered Wed, here today. He is awesome. Face print is awesome much more defined than previous offerings. Articulation works perfectly. Glad to finish BB (I’m skipping Omega til she get me a more armored look) Now let’s step to finishing Delta Squad!!!16CA1058-F49D-4DCF-A870-F63A584796EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to this post, I ordered Echo and Omega from Rocket Comics on Friday and they arrived today! Great experience and packaged very well!

Reaction score
My Bad Batch Echo finally arrived. I absolutely love the sculpt! The kama is deceptively flexible (moreso than the ARC Trooper kama) and there doesn't seem to be a neck problem like the one Rob had on the Fwoosh's review. He can look up and down better than a lot of my figures.

I only have a small amount of gripes- while most of the weathering is fine I really don't like the scorch mark on the chest... and I can't seem to remove it with my usual paint removers. The helmet can be a bit finicky to get on and I have a hard time getting the clasp in the back closed properly.

Another... issue... I have is that the legs were... surprisingly shiny/glossy. I dunno how intentional that was.

Overall he's definitely my favorite Bad Batch figure (they're all excellent!) and is pretty close to being one of my favorite Star Wars figures so far!

IMG_20220427_142748942[1].jpg

Reaction score
My Bad Batch Echo finally arrived. I absolutely love the sculpt! The kama is deceptively flexible (moreso than the ARC Trooper kama) and there doesn't seem to be a neck problem like the one Rob had on the Fwoosh's review. He can look up and down better than a lot of my figures.

I only have a small amount of gripes- while most of the weathering is fine I really don't like the scorch mark on the chest... and I can't seem to remove it with my usual paint removers. The helmet can be a bit finicky to get on and I have a hard time getting the clasp in the back closed properly.

Another... issue... I have is that the legs were... surprisingly shiny/glossy. I dunno how intentional that was.

Overall he's definitely my favorite Bad Batch figure (they're all excellent!) and is pretty close to being one of my favorite Star Wars figures so far!

View attachment 420179

That is one happy Raichu.