The Bad Batch 4 Pack

bac

Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
3,835
Reaction score
2,775
ummm... that's unexpected. Has to be the newer Rex, too, which Patrick already hinted at before when he said "we'll never release the crappy Rex again when we bring back this character". He knew then.

Available for pre-order exclusively at Amazon.

The core Bad Batch characters HAVE to be coming to TVC now, right?

EDIT: Amazon link, goes live at 1pm EST or 45 minutes from now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T6M7G2P

EDIT 2: This has to be CAT TOY 4 pieces. We were all way off other than expecting repaints. Even so, great to see Amazon taking on a TVC exclusive. It selling out, which it should, would be great for the line and future sets.

Now we have zero rumored items to talk about.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
113
I'm blown away, what a cool set, now I really want the bad batch! They have to be around the corner
 
Joined
Dec 2, 2000
Messages
7,056
Reaction score
1,763
Location
WA state
Will be passing on this one (none of them hit my collecting focus), but looks like a decent set, and glad Hasbro is continuing the trend of making individual cards for their multipacks.

fancelebration_01.jpg
 
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
4,093
Reaction score
1,674
Location
SC
Whoa!

Why does this feel like an April Fools joke? I saw Bad Batch and almost choked.... then saw 4 repainted clones.
NOT going to say that I don't want them or won't buy them... because I am. BUT.... if the actual Bad Batch doesn't show up now, this is just a really weird release.
 
Joined
Feb 28, 2018
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
736
ummm... that's unexpected. Has to be the newer Rex, too, which Patrick already hinted at before when he said "we'll never release the crappy Rex again when we bring back this character". He knew then.

Available for pre-order exclusively at Amazon.

The core Bad Batch characters HAVE to be coming to TVC now, right?

EDIT: Amazon link, goes live at 1pm EST or 45 minutes from now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T6M7G2P

EDIT 2: This has to be CAT TOY 4 pieces. We were all way off other than expecting repaints. Even so, great to see Amazon taking on a TVC exclusive. It selling out, which it should, would be great for the line and future sets.

Now we have zero rumored items to talk about.
Thanks for the link. Is it live at 12pm est or 1pm est? Your 45 minutes from now post is a little confusing lol.
 
Joined
May 9, 2001
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
1,025
Location
Upstate NY
Why does this feel like an April Fools joke? I saw Bad Batch and almost choked.... then saw 4 repainted clones.
NOT going to say that I don't want them or won't buy them... because I am. BUT.... if the actual Bad Batch doesn't show up now, this is just a really weird release.
I know! I just sent the link to these to my wife and was like, "Over the moon about these, but, hahahaha, what about the actual Bad Batch?" I'm 90% sure The Bad Batch is coming, but the other 10% is the shape of Zayne Carrick.
 

bac

Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
3,835
Reaction score
2,775
1 pm EST. I meant 1 hour and 45 minutes :)

I'm in for 2 sets -- one to open, one to get the carded figures out and display. Hopefully.

And like Charles Barkley I'm smacking the button and GUARANTEE Clone Force 99 is in the pipeline. There's simply no way they aren't after this reveal.
 
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
4,093
Reaction score
1,674
Location
SC
I know! I just sent the link to these to my wife and was like, "Over the moon about these, but, hahahaha, what about the actual Bad Batch?" I'm 90% sure The Bad Batch is coming, but the other 10% is the shape of Zayne Carrick.
That Zayne Carrick comment hurts.

I'm 100% on board with Multipacks. I don't even care if they are carded individually. That just forces me to buy more cardboard for a crazy markup.
 
Joined
Apr 15, 2020
Messages
245
Reaction score
285
Location
Los Angeles
Really cool set! I think these retools and repaints are better suited to an exclusive pack like this.

Hopefully we’ll eventually be getting the actual Bad Batch in the main line, since all of them will require at least some new tooling.
 
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
113
Looking at Rex, he seems very specific to bad batch, the shoulder pauldron is gone and I can't tell if that flip visor piece comes off or leaves pegs/hole behind, hopefully that means he ll be coming single carded at some point to make up for that last mistake
 

bac

Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
3,835
Reaction score
2,775
Our markup here assuming $13.99 a figure is only $4 total. Not too bad.

The downside to this set is if you want more than one Elite Squad Trooper well... you either have deep pockets, need to stalk Tunghori, or are out of luck.
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
36,178
Reaction score
4,295
Location
Oregon
Yeah this does feel weird considering that Bad batch are stars of said show, I mean this is a cool set for people still into background Clones. I just haven't seen the show yet to be excited enough over them, and I don't really get into random Clones as I used to in 05-07. I'm also not keen on throwing down $60 for the new Rex that I knew was coming albeit sooner then expected. Good thing they're carded so I can sell everything off besides Rex.

Now that we know the contents of the rumored 4-pk I guess that does mean the core group will be in TVC as singles and quite possibly take 3 years to complete. It would make more sense for them to be singles though due to the new tooling required to make the 3, Hunter and Crosshair share sculpt.

Like I said a neat surprise though I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it in terms of what else could have been possible, like Admiral Rampart and/or Tarkin with Clone Shocktrooper? I mean if they're into covering this show to this degree certainly a couple main bad guys and troops would be nice too? After all it's not like any of those require all new molds, just Rampart's head.

It does make me curious if they have any other plans or if this is a one and done.
 
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
910
Reaction score
351
So a four figure pack from the Bad Batch, surely the main four guys actually in the Bad Batch.... er, no, Rex and some random clones. Still, I'll take it, thanks Hasbro. :)
 

bac

Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
3,835
Reaction score
2,775
At worst this cracks the door open for the main characters and maybe even their ride if the show lasts multiple seasons, which given the time period it certainly can.

I must admit that when I first saw the headline and saw the Bad Batch logo, I expected to see the 4 main characters sans Crosshair in the package. In hindsight they'd never come out in a set like this with the new tooling required.

It's a nice step forward for TVC, repaints or not. Hasbro found a way to get us more figures.
 
Joined
Dec 12, 2005
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
88
Location
Temescal Valley, CA
I definitely think this set was a quick way to get some figures out from the show while Hasbro continues to work on making figures of the Bad Batch themselves. It is likely only a matter of time before we get reveals for them since they will require new sculpting.
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
9,273
Reaction score
2,028
So are ballast and grey spoilers, LOL. Elite was already tbs, no he's not. Gotta get this set for sure
 
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
236
Reaction score
188
Location
England
Weird release. Suprised it wasn't the Bad Batch themselves. I guess they are coming at some point. Same with Depa Billaba and Kanan.

I don't like that they are double dipping with Rex in less than a year. If they knew they were making a better version very soon they shouldn't have rereleased that crap BS one. And you could tell it was crap because of the reaction when it was first released. I'm glad I haven't got one.

Captain Grey is annoying as well. In the comics he was red but the bad batch changed it to green. It's pointless. I hate the retcon of that comic. Seeing that infuriates me.

Captain Ballast- I have no idea who he is.

Elite trooper looks cool.

Rex is definitely coming on a single card but what about the others?
 
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
113
So a four figure pack from the Bad Batch, surely the main four guys actually in the Bad Batch.... er, no, Rex and some random clones. Still, I'll take it, thanks Hasbro. :)
I think 3 of them are from bad batch, the blue one might show up in an episode later
 

bac

Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
3,835
Reaction score
2,775
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
9,273
Reaction score
2,028
1 pm EST. I meant 1 hour and 45 minutes :)

I'm in for 2 sets -- one to open, one to get the carded figures out and display. Hopefully.

And like Charles Barkley I'm smacking the button and GUARANTEE Clone Force 99 is in the pipeline. There's simply no way they aren't after this reveal.
funny. if im logged out time clock is off by 1hr when i log in

thanks for link, i'm here toggling b/f till it goes live
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2014
Messages
433
Reaction score
372
Location
Michigan, USA
Wow, I found the listing at exactly 1:00 and it's showing as out of stock.

Woof

Hope that refresh button enjoys getting all the attention it's going to be getting.
 

bac

Joined
Mar 15, 2002
Messages
3,835
Reaction score
2,775
I don't think it's available yet. I've been refreshing consistently and hasn't changed.
 
Joined
Jan 12, 2020
Messages
237
Reaction score
374
Location
NorCal
Yeah, this would be consistent with how they handled/filled stock on the Credit Collection exclusives they had.
 
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
228
Reaction score
113
Amazon. Ca got them up on schedule, ordered a few, 80 bucks Cad, right on point

Edit, click into buying options it's order able from Amazon
 
Top