The Aussie BOOTLEG Thread !! Any Aussie collectors out there ? Am i all alone lol ?

Reaction score
Hi guys, is there any Aussie vintage or modern bootleg collectors out there? I think i could be all on my own here lol.

Id love to find a few of my fellow countrymen to trade with.

Ive been loving the Polish and Mexican lines, especially the Polish vintage rubber unarticulated's, im only a few away from the set, these raw hand painted beauties look magical.

And im right into the Mexican/SA line, once again hand painted in crazy colours, these guys are crazy.

Also have the Russian set of POTF2 boots, with the sweet as hot pink bossk, one of my fav boots of all time.

Im looking to start out on the Uzay's from Turkey soon, and also the Model Trems from Brazil.

There are tonnes of modern POTF figures from china, a few from mexico i think, and a whole host of other moderns out there.

Then theres guys like the Sucklord, who sells his suckadelic figures from $100-over $1000, i have a few gay empire pink stormtroopers.:wtf::rolleyes:

Some dont get bootlegs, i understand that, but to me the history, uniqueness, charm, the story they tell is just magical.

The polish for example come from at the time under the iron curtain, where it was not possible for the kids to have kenner figures, but the lure and thurst for star wars toys made it all over the globe.

Anyway, enough of my excited dribble lol.

So is there any boot collectors here in Aus?

If i get one response in this thread i'll be stoked lol.:weeabooface:

cheers

Reaction score
Hey Aussie
I don't collect boots but some do look awesome with the colours plus they are just different which is appealing. I have been thinking about getting a few pieces but haven't as yet, maybe when I finish my kenner run I will. You mentioned the sucklord figures, very different, maybe you could do a madi gra star wars float diorama for yourself:D

Reaction score
Can't help you either friend. Stuck on original licenced stuff myself, and the odd other than star wars item or three.. I wish you the best of luck in your search. If they come I will let you know..

For the record though, I have seen bootleg Star Wars figures at paddy's markets in Sydney, and in the odd two bob shop.. the ones I am referring to are 'Galaxy' or 'Galaxy empire' carded figures.. modern bootlegs.. if I see them again, are you interested?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can't help you either friend. Stuck on original licenced stuff myself, and the odd other than star wars item or three.. I wish you the best of luck in your search. If they come I will let you know..

For the record though, I have seen bootleg Star Wars figures at paddy's markets in Sydney, and in the odd two bob shop.. the ones I am referring to are 'Galaxy' or 'Galaxy empire' carded figures.. modern bootlegs.. if I see them again, are you interested?
Thats very king of you mate, but im in Potts Point, i get down to paddy's every now and them, if they are two bux i might pick up a few but they dont really take my fancy, ive seen plenty on ebay for $20, but as you would have noticed they are 6 inch, a bit big for me, and lack the charm of vintage boots, unless the moderns i see are ultra cool im not to fussed about them.

Thanks for the kind offer brother.

Reaction score
Hey Aussie
I don't collect boots but some do look awesome with the colours plus they are just different which is appealing. I have been thinking about getting a few pieces but haven't as yet, maybe when I finish my kenner run I will. You mentioned the sucklord figures, very different, maybe you could do a madi gra star wars float diorama for yourself:D
HAHHAAHH nice mardi gras idea, ive got a truck that they would be cool on, but i wont be taking them off the card, sucklord calls them boots but they actually dont meet the criteria for boots, i suppose they are customs, they have actually been sold at Christies auction house, the guy is a pretty well known artist these days, he has a licence to print money atm lol.

Mate i finished all my kenners and fell head first into boots, and they are addictive, so watch out.
If your looking to start the 2nd and 3rd generation polish are cheap and sweet as, colourful, well made, from 10-30 bucks a pop generally, so very affordable.
The Polish deluxe are awesome, but a bit more expensive.

The mexicans are about $10 each, amazing colours, very raw, make an amazing contrast to kenners.

The polish unarts are from $10-$250 but most in the $20-$50 price range, these are my favs.

The model trems go for about $100-$500 each, the Uzays go from about $100 - 20k for a headman carded lol, well out of my price range for carded uzays lol.

Hungarians command good prices too.

Im only very much still learning, but im sponging in as much info as i can, im the tiniest fish in a huge pond, but the boot experts here have been gentlemen in helping me out, so im very thankful to the guys ive met here, without RS none of it would have been possible.

Shoot us a PM if you ever need to find some sellers to get you started

cheers

Last edited: