The Assassin's Creed Series

Reaction score
Multiplayer Trailer

God. This game is just killing me, with only two weeks till the release all the gameplay footage is just making me drool. This looks to be poised as Game of the Year.

Anyone else exited as hell.

Reaction score
Yup. Looks so awesome. Getting it on release day. This, and then Black Ops 2 a couple of weeks later. I need more time in the day.

Reaction score
Thinking of pre ordering at Best Buy to get the $20 credit, and then doing the price match when TRU puts it on sale on Nov 2-3 for 47.99.
It'll be like getting it for $28.

Reaction score
I'm in the exact same boat.
I gave Brotherhood a good long try over the summer, but just couldn't get into it. I loved running around Rome, but the missions just bored the heck out of me.
However the American Reveloution setting of this new one really has me interested.
I just don't know how much time I'll have to put into it with Halo 4 coming the following week.

Reaction score
I just don't know how much time I'll have to put into it with Halo 4 coming the following week.
Yeah. Between this and Black Ops 2 coming out its gonna be rough to find the time, and i'm not even completely finished with Resident Evil 6 yet. :disgusted:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Much as I want this, I'm also on a (now small) backlog still from last Christmas/my Birthday. I still have about half of LA Noire to go through, and then Arkham City. Really looking forward to this one though, so it'll be near the top of this year's Christmas list.

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to this. I saw a live gameplay demonstration at NYCC and it looked specatacular.

Reaction score
Is this confirmed or speculation?
They're usually pretty accurate over at Cheapassgamer.com.
You could always leave it sealed for a couple days to be sure, and return it if the sale doesn't happen, or your store gives you a hard time about matching.

At a minimum you'll get the $20 credit if your Gamers Club Unlocked, and you preorder it.
Which reminds me, I need to do that this week.

Reaction score
Found a Best Buy that still had the steelbook for AC III to go with your preorder, so I went abead and got one.
Not sure if I'm going to hang onto it, or trade it as I'm not a big steelbook fan.

Reaction score
If anyone hasn't gotten this and you're a gamer unlocked member at Best Buy, you can price match the $49.99 that Kmart is selling it for today! I did plus you'll get your $20 bonus cert in a month.

Reaction score
You would have had to preorder it to get the $20 credit at Best Buy.

Reaction score
So what is the early reaction to this game? How is it so far?
And most importantly, how mature is the content?

I haven't picked up my copy yet, and I'm thinking I'll let it be a gift from my kids for me for Xmas.
But a ton of kids my sons age are really curious about it since the Revolution is currently what they've been learning about in school. (5th grade ages 10-11) some other parents have asked me about it, but I really don't know anything about the AC series. There is also a story in todays paper about the historical angle of the game.
I know the Halo series is rated M but doesn't really need to be, we were all wondering how this series fits.
I think parents are trying to stay away from the Call of Duty type language, and the Grand Theft Auto type of adult content.
So does anyone have any thoughts on it so far?

Reaction score
So what is the early reaction to this game? How is it so far?
And most importantly, how mature is the content?
1. Its fantastic.

2. I've gotten past the Haytham Kenway story and there is a twist at the end of it that comes completely out of nowhere its awesome. It takes time to get used to the controls and the combat is a bit rusty but once you really get into it you're practically unstoppable and you'll be jump off buildings in no time. One only complaint I have is there are some randoms glitches and the graphics can be kinda wonky but its not really a problem. There is allot of attention to detail with the 18th century in terms of accents, appearances, and characters are all well done. Plus its HUGE, you can do whatever you want. Pick fights with redcoats, play games, hunt. Its very immense.

3. As far as mature content there is language but its nowhere near Gears of War or Call of Duty (so far at least). If anything there is allot of gore and blood which is kinda expected it isn't called Assassin's Creed for nothing. I wouldn't recommend if they're 10-11.

Reaction score
Yeah, i just spoke to someone this morning who's played it.
Sounds good, but not for 5th graders. Too bad, because it exactly what they're doing in school right now.

Reaction score
The historical stuff is really the only reason I want it. I haven't played any of the earlier games, but if I like this one, I may get them.

Reaction score
I'll be waiting for it on Black Friday. I'm already starting to scour the ads online to see if someone puts this on sale.
But it looks great. I loved all of these games so far.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I doubt this game will see the days of light.
Not sure if I follow?

Anyway got to Sequence 6 where you finally play as Connor in full Assassin attire. It just gets better and better, If I were to say anything about this game its that you have to just stick with it its slow in the begining but its telling a story and establishing a world but once you finish the Haythem and Young Connor missions the game REALLY picks up.

Reaction score
Not sure if I follow?

Anyway got to Sequence 6 where you finally play as Connor in full Assassin attire. It just gets better and better, If I were to say anything about this game its that you have to
just stick with it its slow in the begining but its telling a story and establishing a world but once you finish the Haythem and Young Connor missions the game REALLY picks up.
Sorry made the wrong comment on wrong thread.

Reaction score
Picked up my preorder of this game tonight finally, and also had Best Buy pricematch the TRU sale for $48.
Also got the hardcover guide in the mail from Amazon which was only $20 and change.

Probably just let my kids give this to me for Xmas though.

Reaction score
I love this game and it is REALLY addicting. I could easily be playing this game until 3 AM with no problems, but would be a zombie the next day. What is the trick or grab the gun from the holster. I select it by using the pad (X box 360), but the sword or knife comes up each time. Also, I cannot pickup or shoot the muskets. I can loot the dead people (awesome), but cannot pickup or shoot muskets. I select B each time with no luck. I eventually had to run and jump across buildings to kill the mercenaries.. Help please...

Reaction score
Picked up my preorder of this game tonight finally, and also had Best Buy pricematch the TRU sale for $48.
Also got the hardcover guide in the mail from Amazon which was only $20 and change.

Probably just let my kids give this to me for Xmas though.
Thats my plan xmas gift hoping for a black friday special, probably the game I am most looking forward to in 2013

Reaction score
I am still finishing up revelations please tell me they dumped the Desmond missions (feels like I am playing portal with blocks). Do they still have den defenses against the templars?

Reaction score
Oh no there are Desmond missions in this game, thankfully they aren't very long and they focus more on chase sequences and climbing up stuff. 95% of the action takes place in revolutionary times.

BTW does anyone else think that the optional objectives are frikin ridiculous. Seriously i'm trying to get the perfectionist trophy when I beat the campaign and some of them are just a chore. Seriously I spend waaaaaaay too much time on one mission trying to get it right.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After putting nearly 30 hours getting distracted with Almanac pages, Fort liberations missions, and other assorted challenges I FINALLY beat the campaign. Without a doubt has the worst ending I have ever seen in a video game period. It just so baffling and lame that you're left there thinking if its sequel bait or just plain idiocy, I hope not.

With that said though it still is the best gaming experiance i've had all year great campaign, great moments, all around a great game.