The Anniversary Collection in New Zealand

Reaction score
Great news on the Evo sets. I will be rushing in as soon as I can to pick these up.

Isn't there 4 sets in this assortment? The Sith, Jedi and Manadalorian Legacy sets as well as the first force unleashed figures in Vader's Secret Apprentice! Really looking forward to that set!

UPDATE: I decided better be safe and called Toyworld to put a set of each on hold so I went in expecting to buy 3 Evolution sets and walked out with 4! They did have the Vader's Secret Apprentice set so I was wrapped. The sets are all fantastic with my favorites being the Secret Apprentice Set and the Fett Legacy but the Sith Legacy is great too as it features some very unique looking characters, Darth Nihilus is especially cool.
The Jedi set is a bit bland but it is nice to finally have a good Qui-Gon and I am happy that Bultar Swan got a movie figure at last but the Luke doesn't do much for me.

On the down side these sets are a lot more expensive than I expect, $69.99 each! I was thinking maybe $50 or $60 but not $70! Thats more expensive than the basic figure line per figure but the 25% discount took the sting out of that a little bit luckily.

Reaction score
The Force has been Unleashed in New Zealand!

Picked up the final wave of 30th Anniversary Collection figures today from Toyworld J'Ville; The Force Unleashed Wave of 7!

I have to say I am pumped for this game and these figures are fantastic. The Battle-Damaged Darth Vader is the best of the bunch, never has a Darth Vader figure come out quite like this, this is one Vader you do not want to pass up. Both the Imperial Troopers are great as well (Jump and EVO) both sporting SA goodness and some new unique designs. I also love Juno Eclipse and Maris Brood of the new characters but Rahm Kota doesn't do much for me, not that the figure is bad as he is SA after all I'm just not really liking the samurai Jedi design on him. Lastly the Shadow Guard, well he is a black Royal Guard so if your into the Shadow Concept you can't go wrong here and I think this is the first non-exclusive Shadow figure to boot.

Reaction score
Nice finds Steve!
Great to hear these starting to appear!

I got my General Grevious Starfighter a couple of days ago - Fantastic! I love this design now, so much!!!

Very ganster looking, hot-rod-esque looking starship - looks great with Grevious in the seat!

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

picked up the Evo Trooper from The Unleashed line, which has shown up at ToyWorld Ballance Street.

Not a bad figure. Be interested to see how the game plays out...

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
Hey peeps!

Today I picked up a third McRebel Trooper figure from Farmers, Cuba Street in Wellington.

Yay!!!!
Nice find! These seem to be the toughest of all the McQuarrie figures to find. I have only ever seen 1 in the wild and I brought it. Your lucky to have found 3!

Reaction score
^^^ I think it came down to random chance that I was at the shop, just as the assortment was put out on the shelves!

These are very kewl figures, IMO.

Also, today I picked up a second Kashyyk figure and a Tri-Droid from Toyworld Ballance Street - the Tri droid is fantastic!

If anyones interested, there was a Gree sitting on the pegs - I was tempted, but one is enough for me - so it's there for the taking!

Happy hunting!!!!

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

Toyworld Lower Hutt is having a changing owners sale - although SW stock isn't reduced, they do have lots of the latest waves on the shelves - no sign of FU figures here yet, however they do have Kashyyyk troopers, Grees', panning droids, and Tri-Droids aplenty.

If you are looking for any of thesee figs, get down to the Hutt!!!!

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

I picked up the Titanium version of this today online - wow!!!!

It now goes to the top of my must-have vehicles list - it looks brilliant!!!

I really hope the larger 3 3/4 inch line starship rumour turns out to be a reality - cos I would absolutely love to have this!!!

I wait in eager anticipation!!!

C'mon Hasbro!!!!

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

:) Toyworld Ballance Street had some restocked items, such as the Romba and Grak, Ewok 2-pack, which I picked up on Thursday afternoon - very kewl pack, this is - Love them Ewoks!

Reaction score
Nice find mate.

I was out on the weekend and hit a few stores myself. I was surprised to find a pair of McStarkillers at Farmers in the Lower Hutt Mall. It was unusual mostly because they were pretty much the only figures there, barring the obligatory coin album Vaders that we see everywhere and some of the new Evo packs. I already have this figure myself so I left them there. Go get 'em if you still need 'em.

Reaction score
Toyworld balance street here in Wellington was positively brimming with wave 1 2008 figures on Sunday. I saw multiples of every figure from the ROTS wave- Gree, Kashyyyk trooper, Tri-Droid, Po Nudo etc. There were plenty left on the pegs after I left too, so if you're looking for some of these, go get 'em.

Reaction score
Great news, Rev!

Good to see these are appearing in good numbers/quantities.

I saw a similar thing at Farmers Cuba Mall - they had restocked with a good supply of the more scarce figures.

I picked up the Vader's Secret Apprentice evo set from Toyworld, Johnsonville on Friday night - this is a kewl set, I reckon, right behind the Fett Evo set.

Also of note, the tin anniversary sets are now half-price, at Toyworld Johnsonville. They had all three of the releases, except for the non-existent ROTJ tin set - which I've never seen at Retail.

Worth checking out, if people are interested.

Reaction score
Received a package in the mail yesterday from the USA with two AT-APs in it. Woohoo! This vehicle is suweeeet!

If you haven't snagged one yet guys, pull in those trade favours with your overseas buddies or hit up the e-tailers - this is a great vehicle and excellent value.

Reaction score
Who is headin' to Armageddon in Welly this weekend guys? I so should have organised this earlier, but do any fellow kiwi Scummers want to meet up and talk plastic at some point this weekend?

Reaction score
Haha yes you sure did!

I did make it briefly to Armageddon on Sunday morning before work but man was I disappointed. I don't think I was even there for more than half an hour.

Didn't spend any money other than the entrance fee and usually there can be some good finds to have there but didn't see anything that I couldn't find on a main street store and nothing for any great prices + no Star Wars Guests didn't help.

Guess I have been spoiled but attending the Star Wars Celebration in England last year.

GNT

Reaction score
Has a bomb gone off in New Zealand lol seems very quite in here lol

Reaction score
Hey GNT

Nah - all quiet, here in NZ, or so it seems from my perspective.

Still lotsa figures on the shelves, just nothing new, it would seem. Pegs are still packed with Gree wave, and some FU wave figs...

Titanium ships are almost non-existent, it seems. Nothing new, but not much old either.

I could be drastically wrong, but it does seem pretty quiet at the moment. Hopefully that will change.

Reaction score
I think saddestmoon is right on the money!

Nz is as dead as the moa as far as Star Wars is concerned.
However we did get the FU wave of figures and a whole slew of other product in Feb and that was about it for the TAC until the Clone Wars and Legacy Collections kick off in July so we are up to date.

I am enjoying being able to save up the cash on the flip side!

GNT

Reaction score
stylie_steve said:
I am enjoying being able to save up the cash on the flip side!
I guess we're in the same boat here as well, lack of product on the shelves which as oyu said Steve is a good thing as my wallet does need to recover atm

I've seena few Titanium vehicles at retail here that arent available online yet or anywhere ive seen so thats kinda kept me busy for 10mins lol.

And the mighty muggs are out here as well lol.... *sigh*