The Anniversary Collection in New Zealand

Reaction score
What a day yesterday was!? Not only did I receive a shipment of wave 5 and 6 goodies from overseas, but then Balance Street got in full waves of both + new Titaniums as well! Thanks so much for the tipoff Stylie Steve! I grabbed some extras of some stuff to trade with friends from overseas, but several of them have been scared off by the NZ pricing, so before I return those to the store I wanted to offer them to you guys (my fellow Welly collectors) at cost in case any of you missed out. Thanks to what came in my package from the USA, I have extras of all the last three the Mc figures + an UGH Galactic Marine.

Please phone me if you want them today- (I have PMed a couple of you local guys with my phone number), otherwise I will be TradeMe-ing some of the stuff (from the US) and returning the rest (from Toyworld).

Later guys! Whew- recovering my breath.

Reaction score
All gone! Thanks guys.

In other news, Toyworld Johnsonville also have waves 5 and 6 in stock now too, though when the guy called he did say he was almost completely sold out already. Yikes!

Reaction score
My pleasure mate. I love these figures - such great quality and superb designs.

Checked out Balance Street Toyworld on the weekend and there are still tonnes of Wave 6 figures on the pegs. I saw half a dozen 4-LOMs, Han with Torture Racks, General McQuarries and Landos. Go get 'em if you haven't yet.

Still plenty of the latest Titanium wave and comic 2-packs too.

Reaction score
Hey people!!!

Today I picked up a TAC stormtrooper - not bad, better than I thought would be as well.

Also, forgot to mention, a couple of weeks ago now, I picked up Darth Revan and a Darth Malak!!! Revan's a very kewl figure, I gotta say.

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

Picked up a TAC stormie and a Yoda and Kybuk figures yesterday - very kewl!!!

From Toyworld Johnsonville - 20 per cent off all toys at the moment - great time to buy SW figures!!!

Also, Arisesirtoy are back open - yay!!!

Reaction score
I wandered into Farmers Rongotai here in Wellington yesterday and found all of wave 5 for $18 each (Preborg Grievous, Revan, Malak, McStarkiller, Yoda and Kybuck, Hermi etc). Also sighted was a McVader. I already have what I need from this wave so I didn't buy any. It seems Farmers is worth checking again folks. Good luck!

Reaction score
Good news everyone!
I will be back in New Zealand in a little over 2 weeks! So after the collecting wasteland that is England (where you can only find new figures at over priced comic book stores) I hope to be greated by loads of new figures and the likes when I get back. Bring on the Endor Wave.

Reaction score
hey everyone!

i've been absent for awhile, just got back from my oe.. havent seen anything too awesome in stores since i've been back, but a little on the trip... went to the states, came back with an extensive amount of star wars figures... the thing i couldnt quite get over was their prices like $5 US per figure where we're paying upwards from $20... coolest purchases, probably the daegobah (sorry about spelling) x-wing and the v-wing and the endor AT-AT which, combined with all the figures i bought was a total [censored] lugging it all around with my carry-on luggage in a toys r us tote bag...

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

Today I picked up a Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker Enhanced Jedi Starfighter, from Arisesirtoy - Fantastic!!!!

This is one of my all-time fav Jedi Starfighters - so glad I've finally got one!!!

Kudos to AriseSirToy!!!!!!

Reaction score
Got my Hoth Ultimate Battlepack in the mail a few days ago. Boy oh boy is it cool! If any of you guys haven't made plans to get one, I recommend reaching out and making a trade deal with someone Stateside. It's a great value pack and you won't regret it!

Not much in local stores near me, but stuff seems to be hitting hard and fast over there in the USA. Hopefully someone like Farmers or The Warehouse will think about restocking before Christmas otherwise we could be in for another dry holiday season like last year.

Reaction score
Nice score Rev!!!

I have noticed something out on the shelves at Pulsar Max in Manners Mall - the is a Lucas Family Collector Set and a Battlefront II Clone multipack out on the shelves - both selling for $119.00 thereabouts.

Be in quick!!!

Reaction score
Yes that is way to expensive. I used to like Pulsar Max but their prices started to sky rocket just before I left to go to the UK and it looks like they got worse. I got my Battlefront II packs for around $54 online in the UK.

I used to buy my Mini Busts from them for between $60-$80 but the last time I wanted to buy a bust they tried to sell them for $150 which is insane.

Reaction score
Well, I can understand that they are a small business that must outlay some big money to get their stock in, they carry a lot of stock at all times. From that point of view, I can understand why they have big mark-ups on their stuff. For folks who don't have alternative means for getting their goodies and don't mind paying that for the odd piece and the convenience of being able to stroll right in and buy it, I guess it's fine. For a collector like me who buys a lot of SW stuff every month, the hobby just wouldn't be sustainable if I had to pay so much per item. Consequently, I haven't even been into Pulsar Max more than perhaps once or twice and have never bought anything there.

I do almost all my collecting online nowadays, either ordering directly or having friends overseas buy the stuff and send it over. I will buy stuff if I find it locally too, but usually by the time it shows up here I already have mine ordered from overseas or have someone tracking it down for me. Usually it is cheaper that way. It tends to only be the rare stuff (like McQuarries) that I will grab if I happen to find it in NZ, because those tend to be the pieces my US contacts have difficulty finding for me.

That said, we have been really lucky with stuff showing up fast this year, sometimes before it appears in the USA even. I have probably impulse bought more this year within NZ than I did in 2006.

I'm curious, where do most of you guys, my fellow kiwi collectors, get your goodies? Locally, and if so, from the likes of Toyworlds or departments stores? Or are you, like me, ordering or trading to get the goods from overseas?

Reaction score
Was speaking with Steve at Toyworld Johnsonville on the weekend and he said Hasbro NZ have received new stock last week. He's hoping to have his figures in hand within the week. No word yet on which ones they will be, but considering how much is hitting simultaneously in the USA right now it could be any or all of the last three waves of the year: Wave 7, 7.5 and 8.

Reaction score
Looks like its just wave 7 hitting at the moment. I just picked up all wave 7 from Toyworld Balance Street.

Very nice bunch of figures. I really dig the Ewoks and the A-Wing Pilot. Concept Han is a very nice figure too and its nice to complete the famous 5 from McQuarries artwork. Even R2 and Anakin turned into figures worthy of buying no matter how many versions of the characters you already have.

Reaction score
Sounds great Rev!
The hunt is on now for those elusive ewoks!!!!

Picked up Spirit Anakin and McHan today, from ToyWorld Ballance Street - kewl figures I gotta say!!!!

Noticed there were 2 McVaders on the Pegs as well. If anybody wants one, be in quick!

Reaction score
TAC NZ is complete! I was in Toyworld Balance Street in Downtown Wellington this morning and found all the remaining waves of TAC on the pegs. Wave 7, 7.5 and 8 were all there in good numbers.

They also had lots of previous waves figures there too, including a number of 4-LOMs, General McQuarrie, McVader and much more. Go get 'em folks!

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up Rev!

I picked up Voolvif Monn today from TW Ballance, and the Rebel Vanguard Trooper, and Hawkbat Battalion Clone Trooper from The Warehouse, Upper Hutt - All of these figures are awesome!!!!

The Vanguard Trooper is very kewl, even with the oversized cannon. The hawkbat Clone is kewl as well, while Voolvif Monn is fantastic - one of the best TAC figures, IMO.

Can't wait to pick up a McTrooper - this particular McFig is one of the best, from what I've seen.

Yay!!!!

Reaction score
Yeah thanks for the tip off there Rev. Wondered into Toyworld Balance Street and picked up my set of wave 7.5 and 8.

Overall a good bunch of figures with Jango, Hawkbat Clone, McRebel Trooper and Voolvif Monn being the picks.

Did anyone who picked up Padmé have a skirt colour the is more silver/grey than black? I thought it looked really odd and don't know if mine is a error or not.

Reaction score
^^^ Haven't picked up a padme yet - no pun intended!

But I did purchase a second Voolvif Monn figure, and a second Darth Revan figure, sitting on the shelves at Farmers, Queensgate!!!!

Gotta say, I'm loving collecting SW at the moment - a high rate of great figures appearing in these latest waves, IMO.

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Picked up Padme, Clone trooper with Training Fatigues, and a McRebTrooper!!!! All of these from Toyworld Lower Hutt.

That is me finished for the year - if I happen to see another McRebTrooper, I might pick him up, as this is an awesome looking character - so seventies!!!!

Loving it!!!

Reaction score
Yeah I am so close to finishing the TAC now. All I need is a couple of Saga Legends and 3 more UGH figures and all done for the year.

Been a great couple months in NZ for us collectors!

Reaction score
Happy New year everyone.

While I didn't buy a whole lot, I found a tonne of new stuff over the Christmas period.

Farmers in Lynnmall, West Auckland had the new tin sets (the ones with repacked black R5s, Death Star Gunners, Oppo Rancisis, Zam Wessel etc) for $70 each.

Toyworld Henderson, West Auckland also had figures from pretty much every wave this year, right up to and including the last waves (7.5 and 8). There were padmes in her fireside gown, Clone troopers in their training gear, Jango Fetts, Voolvif Monns and more. I saw many rare figures from all waves including McStarkiller, McRebel, McSnowtrooper, McChewie, Darth Revan etc). There were plenty of figures that have tended to fly off the shelves elsewhere. I was suprised to see them all still sitting there till I saw the price tag of $25 a figure on them. I can see why people are passing them up for that. My heartfelt condolances to west Auckland residents who are reliant on stores charging that much per figure.

The Warehouse back here in Rongotai, Wellington had wave 7.5 in stock before Christmas. I saw all the figures from that assortment on the pegs in good numbers, though going back this week there are only a handful left and they are only Pax Bonkik, the Naboo guy and Rebel Vanguard.

Reaction score
I found the remains of the first wave of the 2008 TAC in Toyworld Ballance St today.

All they had left were a lone Tri-Droid, 2-1B and Po Nodu so I grabbed all three. I asked if they had any more but they said they weren't expecting any more until sometime in February so keep a look out. I really want one of those Gree's and Kashyyyk Troopers!

Reaction score
Wow Steve - nice find! I'm bummed I missed them too. Good to know they are around though. perhaps they will start appearing at the likes of Farmers or The Warehouse in the coming days too?

Reaction score
A big Thanks to Revstrone for trading with me for the Disney Micky and Yoda 2-set!!! :) These are great figures - Thanks so much!!!

Hope the rest of your weekend went well!

Reaction score
My pleasure buddy. You paid for them fair and square so it was a fair deal for us both and I'm gad to have been able to hand off some cool and unique figs to a fellow Kiwi scummer.

I had a great weekend, thanks mate. I hope yours was just as good.

Monday was great too, as a trade buddy of mine in Utah e-mailed to tell me he had picked up all of wave 1 '08 for me. Yay! On to TFU...

Reaction score
Good haul today.

From Toyworld J'ville I picked up the rest of the first wave of TAC 2008 that I needed. These figures were Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, Commander Gree, Kashyyyk Trooper and Mustafar Panning Droid.

Gree is the highlight, he is simply awesome. A must buy figure even Obi-Wan and Vader turned out well with improved head sculpts and enhanced hip articulation to create some great dueling poses. The Panning droid is a neat figure and worth picking up if you are after Obi-Wan and Vader but I feel a bit disappointed with the Kashyyyk Trooper, I don't know what it is about him but the figure just doesn't do it for me.

Also found some new Comic PAcks there as well including Mouse and Basso in Disguise, Lt. Jundland and Deena Shan and Clone Commando and Super Battle Droid. I really love the comic pack concept and these are some more great sets.

So get in quick, when I was there this morning there were still a few of each comic pack left and a few Obi-Wans, Vaders, Po Nudo's and 2-1B's remaining on the pegs. Didn't see any more Gree's Kashyyk Troopers, Panning Droids or Tri-Droids however.

Lastly from Sideshow I got my Palpatine 2 pack. Now if your a Sideshow collector these are must buys. Truly fantastic figures.

Whew I am all out of cash now!

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Picked up Gree and a Kashyyyk Trooper today - yay!!!

Love them both!!! Got these from Toyworld Ballance Steet.

They appeared to be the last of each, although there may be a few more out the back of the store...

Checked out J'Ville ToyWorld as well - nothing there but a Plo Nudo figure...

Hopefully this wave will be turning up in Farmers as well...

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

Picked up the Mandalore Evolutions three-pack today from Toyworld, Balance Street. They had the Sith pack, Mandalore pack, and the Legacy pack. The Sith and Madalore packs are not too bad.

My favourite of the Mandalore pack is Jango Fett, followed by Boba Fett (ESB colours - yay!!!). The soft-plastic quality of the figures is the weakest point of these sets, IMO.

Worth getting, but be warned, there may be some soft-plastic warpage going on... overall though, I'm happy!!!!

EDIT: Sorry - the forth evo. set is indeed on the shelves also: This being Vader's Secret Apprentice set: Force unleashed evo set - looks good also!!!

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Long Time, No Post!

I Have Managed to Pick up a Full Case of Wave 1. Hasbro is One of Our Suppliers at Work....and Speaking to Debrah she emailed me a Case Breakdown of what they had in stock. By the Sounds Hasbro NZ are Bringing in a Fair bit of SW this year.

Normally they dont have excess stock to sell, luckily for me she did! LOL!

Wave 1 is pretty cool! Po Nudo is My fav, but then again i like Background Characters! The new hip articulation in pretty cool as well! They are stepping up!

I have a stack of stuff on pre-order from Case Fresh, So hopefully the Sideshow Palpatine 2 pack is Shipping Soon!