The Anniversary Collection in New Zealand

Reaction score
Got a nice surprise today!

Went into Toyworld Wellington to pick up a Battlestar Galactica Titanium for a friend in the States today which I had asked to be put on hold and low and behold they had also put on hold for me a Concept Chewbacca and Stormtrooper figure which I had asked if they could keep 1 of each aside if they got anymore wave 3 figures in from when I got Luke, Vader, Biggs and Jawa. So I now am complete for wave 3!

Concept Chewy is great. The best concept figure so far! Can't wait now to get my hands on Concept Luke and the Droids from Celebration Europe when I get there in a little under 3 weeks!

Reaction score
Well done Steve! ^^^

Concept Chewie is definitely worth getting, when one finds one.

I love how big and scary he looks - almost like one of those bears on Radiohead's Kid A album!

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today I received Mcquarrie R2 and Threepio convention exclusives! These look very kewl! I like how artoo and threepio look older, more art-deco in design and with muted colour palette.

Also, for all you BSG Titanium fans out there, The Warehouse, Queensgate, Lower Hutt has two BSG Pegasus Titaniums on the shelves! Be quick, cos I reckon these won't last long...

Edit: The Warehouse Petone also has two Pegasus's on the shelves - looks like these are turning up fairly commonplace all over town.

Reaction score
I've noticed that Farmers seems to have restocked Wave 1 of TAc in the last week or two. I went to two branches in Wellington on the weekend and saw two of every figure from Wave 1 (except that illusive McStormie of course) dangling from the pegs. It was a pleasant surprise to see plenty of Airbourne Clones and Galactic Marines -the first time I have seen these in the wild. Also, they were all 20% off (bringing them down to an affordable $14) so I grabbed some army builders.

I never saw hide nor hair of any Wave 3 figures however, despite reading here that they have appeared.

But, I did get some sent to me by US friends. The Jawas and LIN droids are incredible value- beautiful little figures.
The stormtrooper is undoubtedly the best one yet too. I also really love the moistaure vaporator (which comes with a Tatooine Luke accessory too- a nice surprise).

Reaction score
Hey people!

I picked up Tat.Luke the other day - very kewl figure, I reckon. The vaporator rocks, and Luke is not too bad either.

For collectors looking for McQuarrie stormies, check out Farmers, Maidstone Mall, Upper Hutt.

I would also check out:

Farmers Kilbernie, and Coastlands.

Happy hunting!

Reaction score
Hey people!

Yay!!!!

Today I got my V-Wing from online - and what a fantastic starship this is, I must say...

Beautiful - a worthy addition to the growing plethora of ROTS vehicles that Hasbro have been producing of late.

Love this!

Reaction score
Hello to all my NZ scummers from the UK!
Just letting you all know that I am now here and had a great time at Celebration Europe. Spent way too much money. Also picked up a extra McQuarrie Droids and Luke if anyone is interested in these!

Reaction score
Hey Steve!

Glad to hear its lots of fun in the Northern Hemisphere.

I could be interested in the extra McLuke, if no-one else has put dibs on it - send me a PM, if still open.

Reaction score
Well its yours if you want to saddestmoon. IT did cost £20 so thats $52 so its not cheap.

Best if you do want it to give it to my sister when she returns to NZ and then post it from within NZ otherwise it is going to cost you a small fortune to send it from the UK.

Reaction score
Hey Steve

That sounds alright. PM me your banking details - and let me know the NZ shipping (If that's cool for your sister to bring it back to NZ with her first, and then post from within NZ).

let me know if that's alright.

Reaction score
Hey people!

Just a heads up - Warehouses all round Wellington have restocked with wave 3 TAC figures!

I have seem numerous McChewies, Stormtroopers, Biggs, Vaders, and Tatooine Lukes all over the place.

Yay!!!!

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
Hey people!

Just a heads up - Warehouses all round Wellington have restocked with wave 3 TAC figures!

I have seem numerous McChewies, Stormtroopers, Biggs, Vaders, and Tatooine Lukes all over the place.

Yay!!!!
You are kidding!?! No way! I will have to go grab some this week! Thanks for the headsup. It was only a week ago I did a video store report from the warehouse all about how they have NOTHING on their pegs. This is good news.

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today I found the next wave in Titaniums - and I found a Black repainted BSG Mark II Viper and also a White and Red Mark VII Viper as well - very kewl!!!! These were located at Toyworld Balance Street, Wellington.

Happy hunting!

Reaction score
I peeled into The Warehouse in Lyall Bay, Wellington to see if I could snag any of that Wave 3 goodness Saddest alerted us to, but unfortunately they had already been cleaned out. There were still some cool Wave 1 figures left including elite clones and galactic marines, and a wave 2 Death Star trooper, but that's it. All Mcfigs and wave 3 figures gone. Hopefully they won't leave it for six months to a year to restock this time.

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today I picked up the Titanium PT repaint of Tantive IV - in blue and white. Very kewl, I might add!

RevStrone - Sorry to hear that Lyall bay turned up nada. I reckon Lyall Bay is fairly short on SW figures, as being so close to Weta Workshop, neighbouring in Miramar, it's a good chance that people clean this warehouse out fairly regularly.

Hope you have better luck with the stores mentioned in my PM...

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
RevStrone - Sorry to hear that Lyall bay turned up nada. I reckon Lyall Bay is fairly short on SW figures, as being so close to Weta Workshop, neighbouring in Miramar, it's a good chance that people clean this warehouse out fairly regularly.
Heheh- yeah that's me actually. I think I'm one of the last Weta guys to still collect the stuff.
There must be some other collectors in the area too.

That's cool- I'll get 'em all eventually. Cheers for the tip offs mate!

Reaction score
Hope the hunt is going well Rev! ^^^

Just to let people know, AriseSirToy - the online NZ Toy store - is returning!!!!!

Yay!!!

This link takes you to their page:

http://arisesirtoy.co.nz/

This is not yet open - however they are selling on Trademe, and soon their site will be active again!!!

Great news!

Reaction score
Fantastic news!
Thanks Saddest.

Also folks, I popped into Toyworld Balance St in downtown Wellington on the weekend after a tip off on the SWAN forums from Captain Cargo Indasolo...

They had a couple of each of the Wave 3 comic packs- $35 each (Mara/Luke, Infinities Vader & Leia, A'Sharad Hett & Dark Woman) and loads of what I assume are new Titaniums -$14 each (AT-AP, ROTS Tantive IV, Luke's Snowspeeder).

Tear on down if you want them!

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Rev!

I picked up A'Sharad Hett & the Dark Woman two-pack today - very kewl figures!

No sign of the other two new comic packs - I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the Vader/Leia and the Luke/Mara 2-packs.

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
No sign of the other two new comic packs - I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the Vader/Leia and the Luke/Mara 2-packs.

Someone must have beaten you to 'em man. Hopefully we might see them turning up at Farmers, though I am worried that given how the wave 1 Marvel comic packs are hanging around, they may not decide to restock with the later wave Dark Horse ones. I hope that isn't the case as I really think the more normal paint jobs on the new sets makes them more viable sellers in mainstream stores like Farmers.

Reaction score
Nice score!

I hit The warehouse in Rongotai, Wellington again this weekend and found new Titaniums. Seems we're caught up with the USA. I grabbed a green A-Wing and AT-AP for my buddy Darth Paulus and left an orange B-Wing, blue Tantive IV and black Colonial Viper behind for the next collector to find. They were a very affordable $10 each.

Reaction score
Geez I leave the country for a few months and all of a sudden it turns into the collecting goldmine of the world!

Better get on the phone to my mum and ask her to try and track these figures down for me

England is a wasteland for collecting, Wave 3 has hit in big numbers but not much else is around. Currently in Finland but I doubt I will have much luck finding anything here. Gentle Giant is good in England on the other hand and I did score enough Commander Bly Mini Busts to get a full set of 5 Commanders so it isnät a complete loss over here.

Reaction score
Hey people!

Forgot to mention - I picked up a Saga Foul Moudama figure yesterday - very kewl figure this is!

Been looking for this for ages! Thanks toymeistr!!!!

Yay!

Reaction score
Th toymeistr has helped me out once or twice too. A good bloke he is.

Foul Modama is a great figure. I don't mind that he recycles Muftak's tooling because, frankly, that was a great figure too.
Okay, he can't hold his saber, which is a bit of a let down, but there are ways to fix that too.

I wish I'd known you back in 06 Saddest, because this is a figure I saw in the wilds right here in Wellington. I saw one on pegs at Farmers Lambton Quay and one in Farmers Kilbernie. I would certainly have grabbed it for you, had I known you were after it.

Curiously, did you guys know his name means fava beans? I saw some in a Mediterranean store the other day. It's another example of a SW character being named after food, along with Sim Aloo the royal dignitary being named after an Indian spinach and potato dish (try it, it's good)

Reaction score
ReverendStrone said:
stylie_steve said:
Geez I leave the country for a few months and all of a sudden it turns into the collecting goldmine of the world!
Do you think you could time another overseas trip with wave 5 hitting mate? I think we'd all appreciate it.
Haha, well the chances are good I will still be away for wave 5, 6, 7 +. I am not due back until Mid December after all.

By the way I tried to get my Mum to find Wave 4 to no luck, how'd you manage to score yours Saddestmoon? Toyworld J'Ville told my Mum they had never had them in and are expecting them in a couple of weeks!

Reaction score
stylie_steve said:
ReverendStrone said:
stylie_steve said:
Do you think you could time another overseas trip with wave 5 hitting mate? I think we'd all appreciate it.
Haha, well the chances are good I will still be away for wave 5, 6, 7 +. I am not due back until Mid December after all.

By the way I tried to get my Mum to find Wave 4 to no luck, how'd you manage to score yours Saddestmoon? Toyworld J'Ville told my Mum they had never had them in and are expecting them in a couple of weeks!

Whoever told your Mum that whopper was full of shenanagans...

I picked all my Wave 4 figures up from Toyworld Johnsonville - Wave 4 had probably just been unpacked that day (Sunday).

Wave 4 has also appeared at Toyworld Ballance Street, Wellington. Out on the shelves today, I spotted Holiday Special Fett, CZ-4, etc... - all the Wave 4 figures except for McVader.

They also had the gold coin UGH figures - R2, Galactic Marine, and Mace Windu.

If your Mum checks out Toyworld Ballance Street, she might find wave 4, if it still on the shelves.

Either way, Both Ballance Street and Johnsonville have had these in, and anything contrary is just not true.

As for another heads up, I checked out Farmers Cuba Street today - they have restocked the SW TAC pegs with Wave 1 of TAC, and they are on sale for $14.95!!!!

I saw two McFett's on the pegs, as well as all the rest of Wave one, minus the LavaMiner.

I realise that this report might sound like I'm the one telling tales now, but it's all true - from Wave 4 TAC at Ballance Street, Johnsonville - to Wave 1 Tac at Farmers, Cuba Street.

Good hunting!

Reaction score
"Curiously, did you guys know his name means fava beans? I saw some in a Mediterranean store the other day. It's another example of a SW character being named after food, along with Sim Aloo the royal dignitary being named after an Indian spinach and potato dish (try it, it's good) " unquote, RevStrone.

That's funny!

Hmmm... all this talk of food is making me hungry!

I went to Miyabe Sushi on Upper Willis Street tonight with my girlfriend - we shared a Pork Katsudon meal - steamed rice, egg, Pork, as well as a Teriyaki Steak set, with Miso Soup, rice, salad/veges, and that sweet special sauce that the steak is drizzled in...

SO GOOD!!!!!!

Reaction score
Wow! It's all hitting now it seems. Thanks Saddest! I'll have to get out this weekend and see what I can find, though again, thanks to trades, I am mostly hooked up with my wave 4 needs needs. I'd snag a McVader if i saw one though.

Reaction score
Hi Guys! Long time No Post! im Having a Bit of a Re-focus! And am deciding where i am going collecting wise! So in light of this I have decided to sell a Whole heap of Carded Figures! I have a Mixture from POTF right through to The Anniversary Collection! There is Around 30 in total.....

I was going to try and do a carded and loose of each.......So before i go to trade me i thought you guys might like first pick......im going to compile a list later in the day......

Also Auckland is a Barren Wasteland of collectiong which kinda sucks! But im pleased you are all having great finds and getting heaps of cool figures!

Cheers Scotty

Reaction score
If anyone is into Titaniums, I found new ones at Farmers in Rongotai on the weekend. I saw the V-Wing, Plo Koon's Fighter (with Hyperspace Ring) and an blackish/green ARC-170 repaint. They were $10, but with 20% off they came down to a respectable $8 a piece- a very nice deal. I only grabbed the Plo Koon's Fighter for a buddy so the rest a probably still there.

Also saw all of Wave 3 of the comic Packs at the Warehouse in Lyall Bay along with a few Wave 2 sets as well (probably packed into the same case). The rub is they were all $35 each- ouch.

Reaction score
A report from England! About New Zealand collecting.

I have heard that Toyworld Ballance St have Wave 6 in stock. The figures include Concept Snowtrooper, Bespin Han with Torture Rack, Smuggler Lando, 4-LOM and General McQuarrie.

So I wonder what happened to wave 5!

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on wave 5 and 6!

Picked up today - another McVader, a Torture Rack Han Solo, and a Roron Corub Figure! I love the Corub figure - awesome sculpt and colours!

Also, they had new Titaniums as well - Droid Control ship from ROTS - very kewl!!!!