The Anniversary Collection in New Zealand

Reaction score
Hey people!

I thought I'd start a thread for all TAC sightings in New Zealand.

My first TAC figure purchases consisted of:

The Galactic Marine
The Airborne Trooper
The McQuarrie Stormtrooper.

All purchased from Toyworld Johnsonville, Wellington.

Wave one of Tac is out - I didn't pick up the other figures, but I saw the Mustafarian Lava Miner, R2-D2, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, and a Super-Battle Droid.

The airborne trooper is pretty awesome! A very kewl-looking clone - different enough, and a great addition to Cody and his Utapau clones.

The Galactic Marine is fantastic too! This figure will make a great army builder, should more turn up in the stores.
Goes well with Bacara.

The McQuarrie stormie is great too. Never got this the first time around, so its nice to see a return of this figure.

The packaging for TAC is not bad - I quite like it - a nice change from the Saga packaging.

Overall, my first impression of TAC is a good one.

Looking forward to seeing of The Anniversary Collection!

Reaction score
Great to hear these are out. I have not yet seen them but will have to make a vist to Toyworld J'Ville on my next day off which as long as I finish early will be tomorrow

Looking forward to the Galacitc Marine and Airbourne Trooper the most but also Mace Windu since every version up to this one has been crap.

I did pick up the new LEGO sets which are part of the 30th Anniversary on the weekend though. The AT-ST and Y-Wing are very cool but the rest are skippable if your not a LEGO freak like myself!

Reaction score
Hi guys, haven't seen these out here yet in Dunedin though haven't checked Toyworld yet. Expecting that the Warehouse will get them in as surely Hasbro will push this line given the significance of the year. That said, we've really had a drought on all but the first wave of Saga figures, guess if the demand isn't there...

Reaction score
I'm hoping Farmers and The Warehouse will stock TAC figures - there are so many good army builders in this wave, and in the second Yavin Wave, next up.

Just looking at the McQuarrie Stormtrooper, and comparing it to the original Saga release: It certainly looks like a better paintjob, this time around. The gray highlights and helmet decos look great!

Reaction score
Got out to Toyworld J'Ville today and scored myself 7 of the 8 figures from Wave 1. The only figure I missed was the Concept Stormtrooper but since I do have the first release I wasn't too dissapointed, I'm sure I will find him later on down the track when more boxes show up at retail.

Overall though I think this is a fantastic bunch of figures and is a step up from what The Saga Collection offered. The Super Battle Droid is a huge upgrade and a very worthy army builder, the 2 Clones are simply awesome, Mace has finally got the treatment he deserves, while the Lava Miner is a cool and very obscure looking figure. Obi-Wan and R2 are well Obi-Wan and R2 but Hasbro has found a way of making these 2 figures seem fresh and different enough from previous figures.

Great start to TAC!

Reaction score
Today my biggest 30th Anniversary Collection item arrived, that being Sideshow's impressive Jabba the Hutt and his Throne Enviroment.

Man is this thing un-freaking-beleivable and it is now my new crown jewel item in my collection (or at least 2nd to my Mace Windu SE lightsaber from MR). If you have a spare, well almost $800 lying around then use to to get yourself a Jabba and throne and I am sure you will not regret it.

I might try and get some pics up of it soon along with the rest of my Sideshow collection.

Reaction score
Congrats mate! what a spectacular purchase! at that price it is well beyond my means, but I am envious.

As an aside, I wrote the box copy for that piece. I used to provide text for Sideshow's SW and LOTR ranges. Jabba was one that I wrote for them, so if you read the stff on the inside of the 12" box flaps, that's all mine.
It was a great gig.

Reaction score
Hey people!

I've just been on holiday in sunny Auckland, and I picked up a second Galactic Marine from Farmers, Taupo - they had lots of TAC wave one out on the shelves - plenty of clones and McQuarrie Troopers to go around!

Farmers Manakau had TAC, and interestingly enough, Toys R Fun in Westfield Manakau had a Saga Imperial Digitary from 04!

Also, The Warehouse Tokoroa had a number of ROTS figures, like the Sneak Preview Wookie Warrior, Wookie Rage Chewbacca, and many other ROTS figures - a little bit of a fun time-warp!

I must confess - the Galactic Marine is the best Clone yet, I reckon. He looks the most interesting, and is unique, by comparison to all the other clones.

Yay!

Reaction score
Wow- great to know. Thanks mate and excellent find! I have Wave 1 on preorder already from an e-tailer, so I will wait till I get mine delivered (though I reckon now I will have a hard time selling my inevitable extras and double ups- oh well
). Good to know Farmers is back on board for SW this year!

What were the prices like please?

Reaction score
^^^ Off the top of my head, the prices of TAC at Farmers were $17.95 for a single figure.

Can't remember what the toyworld prices are - possibly $19.95, but I maybe mistaken...

Farmers Cuba Street, Wellington also has Wave one, from what I saw, when I swung by today.

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
^^^ Off the top of my head, the prices of TAC at Farmers were $17.95 for a single figure.

Can't remember what the toyworld prices are - possibly $19.95, but I maybe mistaken...

Farmers Cuba Street, Wellington also has Wave one, from what I saw, when I swung by today.
Any sign of the Concept Stormtrooper, I am still trying to find this figure!
Also I saw the remains of wave 1 at Farmers Queensgate, but all they had left were 3 Obi-Wans, 1 Mace Windu, 1 Super Battle Droid and 1 Lava Miner.

Reaction score
^^^ No, I haven't seen any more Concept McStormies - I think they are the one figure that is shortpacked in this wave, which is a shame considering how fantastic a figure it is.

I know there are a couple of McStormies at Farmers Taupo, but that was all I saw. And I didn't pick any up unfortunately...

Aside from TAC, today I recieved a VOTC Han Solo, in the star wars card - yay!

Both VOTC and VTSC Han Solos are fantastic figures, with great cards!

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Well So Far I have Zero of the TAC, Im holding very little hope that any stores that i vist here in Auck will have anything..........Why because the lack of Saga Figures that i found..........So it looks like im a Strictly Online Shopper this year......But you know what thats fine......Why because Although i love the hunt...At least i am Quaranteed to get all the Figures.........

So while i wait for the first 2 waves to arrive....Im quite happy to fill some gaps...Did a small head count....Am down to 218 figures to get...then i will have every basic figure/deluxe and exclusive released....im not doing varients or errors or anything fancy........

I am looking forward to nearly all the waves this year....Not to Fussed on the EU stuff......thats only because i am not really into it...or is it because im not that learned on it!

Oh BTW if any one has any Vintage POTF coins......Im looking for some........

Later!

Reaction score
^^^ Which coins in particular are you after, ScottyC?

Also, I was wondering if there were any New Zealand collectors who have a Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II Titanium they would like to sell or trade.

If anyone might interested, PM me, and make me an offer.

Many Thanks!

Reaction score
ScottyC said:
Hey Guys!

Well So Far I have Zero of the TAC, Im holding very little hope that any stores that i vist here in Auck will have anything..........Why because the lack of Saga Figures that i found..........So it looks like im a Strictly Online Shopper this year......But you know what thats fine......Why because Although i love the hunt...At least i am Quaranteed to get all the Figures.........
I know exactly what you mean Scotty. Pretty much everything I have bought over the last six months has been online. I have been surprised to see the TAC stuff showing up at Farmers branches. I went ahead and ordered the first two waves online weeks ago, figuring NZ was done as far as SW in regular retail outlets and thinking I would never see them. Consequently I'm going to have a whole pile of extras because many figures are packed multiply in each case. I'll probably end up throwing them on TradeMe, but if anyone here wants them, I'll offer them at cost here first.

Reaction score
Hey people!

AriseSirToy is closing down!!!!!!

http://arisesirtoy.com/

They are having a closing down sale with 25% off everything in stock.

I'm guttered!

I just recieved a Titanium Classic Viper and a Hasbro White-TIE for the 3 3/4 inch line from them - A happy moment
that is rather bittersweet, now that I've learned they are closing down.

I want to say a big Thanks to Jamie and Fiona for providing me and many others with such fantastic service - you guys will be sorely missed...

Reaction score
I was quite shocked when I clicked on AriseSirToy in my bookmarks to check if they had any new stock arrived only to see they had a 25% off closing down sale.

So i cracked and brought Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter and the White Deco TIE Fighter even though I said I wasn't going to buy those ships!

Cheers to Jamie and Fiona who have provided so much to the NZ collector.

On a more happy note, Toyworld J'Villie have the new Comic Packs in stock. I have yet to buy these but got a set on hold so if your interested in these repaints then go and grab them before they are all gone.

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Well i join in being Guttered! It is sad! Jamie And Fiona Have been absolutly Brilliant! Thier service is First Rate! And they have been great! I am truly sad!

So I guess i need to get cracking and find a replacement for my toy fix!

So other than Case Fresh...... were else can i go?? Im always weary of trying new places.....and you know why i need to shop online....ecause Auck seem to miss on everything.......So what do i do

Any ideas Would be Great!

Reaction score
Well I have pre-ordered Waves 2 and 3 from Case fresh!

And Luckly Jamie ha a Wave 1 Set aside for me! So thats still not to Bad eh!

Reaction score
Hey people!

If anyone has a Mark II viper from the titanium series they would like to sell or trade, I will pay handsomely!

Let me know, or PM me if interested.

Also, what do people think of Vader's Sith Starfighter? I'm tempted to get it, but am on the fence with this - simply because I have both Obi's and Ani's versions (red, blue, yellow and green).

Your comments are appreciated.

Reaction score
Vader's Sith Starfighter is really awesome and I would say it has the best paint job out of all the Starfighter done thus far.

So far I have brought all 6 ROTS style Starfighters and rank Vader's and Mace's the highest followed by Anakins Yellow Fighter then Obi-Wan Blue Fighter then his Red Fighter and my least favorite is Anakins Green Fighter. But it is only my opinion

Reaction score
Hey Steve

Cheers - Thanks for your comments - I might have to get rid of one of the other starfighters in order to make room for a Sith Starfighter.

BTW: Have you got Ani's Clone Wars starfighter - the one with the souped-up appendages and extras?

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
:) Hey Steve

Cheers - Thanks for your comments - I might have to get rid of one of the other starfighters in order to make room for a Sith Starfighter.

BTW: Have you got Ani's Clone Wars starfighter - the one with the souped-up appendages and extras?
Sure do. That was one I was not sure about when it was first released but went ahead and brought it anyway and was glad that I did. Seems it has really shot up in price in the after market.

In fact I have every version of the Jedi Starfighter (AOTC & ROTS) that Hasbro has released! But it is my favorite ship in the Star Wars Saga so I guess thats understandable.

Reaction score
Well, if you ever consider selling the Ani clone-war starfighter, let me know.

I'd understand if that were never a possibility - it's such a kewl looking starship, and I'd hang onto it if I were you!

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
Hey people!

AriseSirToy is closing down!!!!!!
That is very, very sad! I'm gutted. Jamie and Flora sems like good folks and I have bought quite a bit from them over the years. This would be a tough business to earn a living in.

I'll echo others here who bid them a fond farewell and thank the for their great service and efficiency.

saddestmoon said:
Also, what do people think of Vader's Sith Starfighter? I'm tempted to get it, but am on the fence with this...
Great ship and the best of the ROTS fighter repaints by far. I bought mine from AriseSirtoy, conincidentally, and am very hapy with it, depsite almost passing on it. I was wary of it because it is such an obviously pimped up repaint, but it seriously looks really great.

Great to hear Toyworld Johnsonvile has the comic packs. Thanks for the headsup.

I am assuming that's the Marvel ones? Can't say I care for the funky Marvel colours personally but at least that bodes well for them importing the Dark Horse ones too. Can you recall how much the were please?

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
Well, if you ever consider selling the Ani clone-war starfighter, let me know.

I'd understand if that were never a possibility - it's such a kewl looking starship, and I'd hang onto it if I were you!
Lol, yeah at this stage I am going to say it is never going to be a possibility but things change so I will keep you in mind if things ever were too change

My White TIE Fighter and Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter arrived from Arise Sir Toy today. I am a little bit underwhelmed by the TIE Fighter, the small wings just seem to dated now after the awesome Large Scale Wings TIE but it is a nice nod to the vintage TIE so it does have that going for it.

I like Saesee Tiin's Fighter quite a bit however just because of its very unique colour scheme. It really is quite different from any other Jedi Starfighter released so far. You could say it is ugly but in kind of a good way!
But I guess Saesee Tiin is not much of a "looker" himself so it is fitting his Starfighter is suitable ugly as well. It is a recommended buy if your into the Jedi Starfighter.

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Just Waiting on Wave 1 to arrive should be here tomorrow!

Hey Steve, I know you have ordered from Case Fresh Before, How long does it normally take for them to get back to you with your Pre-Order Details?? I ordered on Saturday night....and as of now still have heard Nothing! Im Wondering if i should flick them an email.......but would like to hear your Veiw!

Reaction score
Normally they don't send you anything if you have only pre-ordered items but when they come into stock you will get sent out a invoice and then you can tell them to go ahead and ship or hold it until more items come into stock.

It isn't the best order system I have ever dealt with but don't worry they are a great online store and you will get your stuff no hassles!

If you do have any questions or concerns just drop them a email, they have excellent customer service and will be more than happy to help you out in any way.

Reaction score
stylie_steve said:
Normally they don't send you anything if you have only pre-ordered items but when they come into stock you will get sent out a invoice and then you can tell them to go ahead and ship or hold it until more items come into stock.

It isn't the best order system I have ever dealt with but don't worry they are a great online store and you will get your stuff no hassles!

If you do have any questions or concerns just drop them a email, they have excellent customer service and will be more than happy to help you out in any way.
That's been my experience with them too. I have mucked them around a bit with order cancellations and changes but they have never been anything short of great about it. You shouldn't have a problem.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! I now have my Conformatin Email! YAY!

Well It was a Bittersweet Day............

Today I Received My Last package From Arise Sir Toy Containig Wave 1!

Love the New Packaging! Must Say I am Really Dissapointed Hasbro has Discontinued the Bases! Im Thinking I Might Leave this Years Stuff Carded! But then again I might get the Urge and Rip/Slice them open! LOL!

The Coins Look Nothing like the Vintage Ones.....Which is Kinda Sad.......

The One Figure I Do like heaps is the McQuarrie Stromtrooper! He is Wicked......Not sure why i like him....but i think it has something to do with him having a funky Lightsaber!

Anyways thats about it!

Later!

Reaction score
ScottyC said:
Today I Received My Last package From Arise Sir Toy Containig Wave 1!
Congratulations.
I agree they do look cool.

I thought I was so smart preordering these from AndrewsToyz in the US last year. I figured even if they did come out in NZ they would be months behind. Then of course AriseSirToy and Toyworld Johnsonville got them in, and then Farmers all over the country, and then the US shipments were delayed. Now it looks like I'll get mine months behind everyone else! They haven't even shipped yet.

Oh well, they will work out to be quite reasonably priced per figure at least and I'll have extras in case anyone here haven't tracked down the ones they want by then.

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today I picked up Kenobis Titanium jedi starfighter with Hyperspace ring - very kewl!!!!! I purchased this at Toyworld Johnsonville.

Also, I found, but didn't buy, an AT-TE, and a red Imperial TIE Interceptor (Royal guard deco). These were found at Farmers, Maidstone Mall, Upper Hutt.

I'm Very happy with my Jedi Starfighter!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

AriseSirToy's sale just jumped to 30% off all instock items. I just nabbed three of the new TAC Super Battledroids. Delivered that worked out to be less than $14 each- a pretty good deal as far as buying figures in NZ is concerned.

It's very sad these guys are closing, but there is the chance for collectors to score some bargains as we help them clear out their stock.

Reaction score
Well im Not one to resist a good sale Esp on Toys!

Just Picked up a SSC Han Solo! OTC Internet Exclusive Wedge, and Ep3 Battle Count Dooku! So im pretty happy!

If not a wee bit sad as well!

Kudos to Jamie and Fiona!

Reaction score
Unbelievable!

I placed my order for three Super Battledroids with AriseSirToy yesterday, midmorning. Less that 24hrs later, I find the box waiting on my desk when I get to work. That's incredible!!! I am gutted these fine folks are closing down. They provide an excellent service.

On the SBD note- they are very cool and a huge improvement over the old ones. I held off buying any SBDs in the past few years because I have always thought the old AOTC sculpt was poor (and they were never blue in the movies either).

I'm really glad I waited. These new TAC figures are the ones I have been waiting for and I plan on army building these suckers in bulk to combat my bloated clone legions. Yay Hasbro for finally giving us a great SBD figure- too bad about the holes in his chest, but at least they are fairly discreet.

Reaction score
Well My Box of Goodies that i brought Less than 24hrs ago has just arrived as well!

The SSC Han is really cool! I love these figures!

Im really gunna miss next day delivery on Toys!

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Arise Sir Toy is Now 40% off..........Just a Heads up!

If there is Anything you still have your eye on....Now is the Time!

Went to St Lukes to Have a Scout around.....Zip a Big Fat ZERO!

Farmers was in Stocktake mode....so maybe they will have some New stock once thats over.....i can only live in hope! LOL!

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
Also, I found, but didn't buy, an AT-TE, and a red Imperial TIE Interceptor (Royal guard deco). These were found at Farmers, Maidstone Mall, Upper Hutt.
Yup, found two of each of these along with the Invisible Hand and a couple of Dewbacks at Farmers Kilbernie (Wellington) on the weekend too, so they are still around if there are people still looking for them. The TAC figures, however, had been cleaned out to just a lone Obi-Wan hanging out with last year's Bib Fortuna.

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Well Stage 3 of Sylvia Park Opened the Other Day and there is a Toyworld! how Happy am I!

So went in for a look, and Whahhooooooo They had a grand total of..........0 Figures! But They did have 2 full pegs of Comic Packs which i had a look at and where pretty cool, and a few Titaniums and that was it, But I Did ask and they were going to be stocking them, but the guy gave me time frame of July
Which was odd! Considering you guys in Welly have had them for a bit....But hey what can ya do!