TF collecting: What's your focus?

Reaction score
Being that there are about a billion and one TF lines out there, from G1, to Beast Wars, to Unicron Trilogy, Movieverse, Classics, Prime, 3rd party, and Animated (just to name a few), I thought it would be interesting to start a topic regarding what TF lines the RS community collects. I felt that this would help fellow collectors decide and understand their feelings on other lines, and their own.

To start, I mainly collect Classics, Prime, and some Movieverse. I do want a few G1, Animated, and Unicron trilogy, but I don't have an interest in collecting them. Classics is my favorite, but also, in some aspects, my most hated. With so many 3rd party products out there to make a classics collection great, I don't feel right without them, expensive cost or not. However, the price turns me off greatly on 3rd party, and I avoid it as much as I can (though I wouldn't mind those small Igear Huffer and Seaspray sometime ;) ) just to save my wallet's life.

Reaction score
I've been out of TF collecting for about five years... I've always enjoyed the heck out of TF but nothing really drew me back in until the War for Cybertron game...So I grabbed what they put out in that line as well as the rest of the classics...Slowed down again until Prime hit and I JUST got into them. I never even knew the "First Edition" figures existed until I visited this forum...Which, in a way makes me wish I would have waited on Prime (and..Bulkhead maybe..but I do enjoy his RiD figure).

I'll keep an eye out at TRU for the FE figures...and probably a few more figures from FoC, more so the Grimlock.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
For me it'll be Original G1/G2 figures and maybe Beast Wars. I do Collect the Generations line but not impressed with the new offerings so far. Also collect the Masterpiece line as well but that's as much as I'm willing to collect for now

Reaction score
I don't have a specific focus in regards to my collecting, I just pick whatever I think looks good. The majority of my purchases are made at retail, though I have go to eBay or the community for a couple. The main lines in my collection are G1 with a dash of G2, Animated , Bayformers and Classics.

Damn, I miss Animated.

Reaction score
Starscream is my favorite character, so I'll buy any figure of him that appeals to me. Other than that I tend to stick to updated G1 stuff (Classics, Generations, etc.)

Reaction score
I only collect Transformers Prime and Shockwave items. And that's all my collection looks like. Except four Classics/Generations figures that I need to do something with before the sickness spreads.

Reaction score
I mostly collect Classics\3rd Party stuff, with a few G1's here and there.