Tessek/Squid Head Mini Bust - 2020 PGM Gift

Reaction score
Tessek/SquidHead Mini Bust ( 2020 PGM Gift)

Folks, I looked around and noticed there was no specific thread for this collectible. Being that this mini bust was one we worked very hard on showing the maker our desire to see it produced, and also being the most desired mini bust of our departed friend Kevin Bunker, I've created this thread for its discussion considering the time for the Squid Head release will be within a few short months from now.
  • Tessek Mini Bust: voted on by the 2019 PG Members!
  • Scheduled to ship: Q2 2021 ( April-June )
- Concept art:

tessek.png

- Promotional poster as part of many images created here to promote the character:

1613338194961.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I cannot wait for this, hopefully the quality is as good as Lak Sivrak.

I admire your optimism that it will be here in a few months! 😄

Haha! Thank you. I'll be optimistic until the end of April, give or take. If after that it hasn't started shipping, well, things could change. Let's think positive, though. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really want to see pictures of the finished bust. We should have gotten some images by now other than the drawing. Love they are making him.

Reaction score
Haha! Thank you. I'll be optimistic until the end of April, give or take. If after that it hasn't started shipping, well, things could change. Let's think positive, though. :)
Is April when is due to ship? You mean we might actually get a PGM bust during that year of membership. Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
I read the title and thought Tessek had just started to ship. I know, right? When do we ever get anything before its scheduled time? LOL but, just like others, I'm looking forward to this mini bust this year. I hope it does not suffer from miniaturization, though. I want him to look like Tessek, not his toddler son.

Reaction score
Patiently waiting for this mini bust to show up. He's scheduled for release during the second quarter of the year, so the time period starts next month, but after all these years we know how that could go.

Reaction score
Patiently waiting for this mini bust to show up. He's scheduled for release during the second quarter of the year, so the time period starts next month, but after all these years we know how that could go.
I'm just wanting on actual photos. I haven't picked my gift yet. Been stuck between Tessek and The Armorer.

Reaction score
I'm just wanting on actual photos. I haven't picked my gift yet. Been stuck between Tessek and The Armorer.

I hear you. By now we should've had some preliminary shots rather than just the concept sketch. But you know how things are these days: it's the virus that delays it all. :) That said, if you are collecting The Mandalorian also, I would definitely get the Armorer mini bust (great looking sculpt), unless you just want either one. It would certainly help make a decision on which one to choose with updated Tessek images.

Edit: Looks like Chuck is around as we discuss this here. Maybe he could offer an update on the mini bust?

Last edited:
Reaction score
We have officially entered today, April 1st, the time frame ( 2nd quarter of the year) given for Tessek to be released. And yet, we haven't seen any pictures of the actual mini bust. I'm wondering what's going on here. Chuck seems to be down in the basement with any updates.

On a side note, yet related to our collectibles, I'm also wondering how much we will be paying next year for a mini bust and the PGM. Considering the highest tax increase plan in history the president is looking to implement where businesses and corporations will be taxed up the bazoo, those tax increases will be passed on to the consumer with higher prices for merchandise, utilities, property, etc. We'll see. I hope to be wrong. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
We have officially entered today, April 1st, the time frame ( 2nd quarter of the year) given for Tessek to be released. And yet, we haven't seen any pictures of the actual mini bust. I'm wondering what's going on here. Chuck seems to be down in the basement with any updates.

On a side note, yet related to our collectibles, I'm also wondering how much we will be paying next year for a mini bust and the PGM. Considering the highest tax increase plan in history the president is looking to implement where businesses and corporations will be taxed up the bazoo, those tax increases will be passed on to the consumer with higher prices for merchandise, utilities, property, etc. We'll see. I hope to be wrong. :confused:
Not in the basement but hard at work.. if any of you ever have a question use the ASDST link on the websites - I answer EVERY polite question I am sent OR use the ask thread on this website.. As for Tessek , the final sculpt has been shot , I am not sure why marketing has not shown it yet but I will ask.

Reaction score
, I'm also wondering how much we Considering the highest tax increase plan in history the president is looking to implement where businesses and corporations will be taxed up the bazoo, those tax increases will be passed on to the consumer with higher prices for merchandise, utilities, property, etc. We'll see. I hope to be wrong. :confused:

The current 21% corporate tax rate is basically the the lowest that it’s been since 1940. In the 1960’s it reached 52%. Please stop.

Reaction score
Stop? You know, just because I expressed an honest concern, I don't feel it is grounds to tell me to stop .

Politics aside, as it is not my intention at all to incur into such world but rather to go by numbers and the economic growth, the President's 28 percent rate would give the U.S. a higher rate than the United Kingdom (19 percent), China (25 percent), Canada (26.8 percent), and Ireland (12.5 percent). It would impose a tax rate higher than the current combined corporate rate across the 36 member Organization for Economic Development and Cooperation (OECD), which is currently 23.7 percent. An increase in the corporate tax rate would directly raise the cost of utility bills in all 50 states. And here in New Hampshire, our property tax will go even higher than it already is.

The cost of producing a product consists of raw materials, plant operations, wages, corporate taxes, etc. The point being, corporate tax is just another cost of producing a product. If the corporate tax goes up, the selling price to the consumer goes up. Corporations don’t pay taxes, people pay taxes.

The second consequence of higher corporate taxes is much more serious. If manufacturers cannot compete on price, they move manufacturing overseas for cheap labor. High corporate taxes have sent tens of thousands of manufacturers overseas while others simply went out of business.

- On the capital gains tax, the President says, “So every single solitary person, their capital gains are going to be treated like real income and they are going to pay 40 percent on their capital gains tax.” His plan doubles the current rate of 20 percent. Capital gains is a double tax. You make money, pay taxes and invest money, which creates jobs and wealth. If you make an investment profit, the feds tax you again.

Wealthy folks obviously do not put their money under their mattress. They invest it. They risk it. When the investment is successful, they make more money and invest more, more people get hired. Capital is the fuel for capitalism.

- Let’s look at estate taxes. The most despicable tax of all, it is currently taxed at 40 percent of estate value above $11.6 million. The President would lower the exemption to $3.5 million and raise the tax rate to 77 percent.

- On the payroll tax, a 12.4 percent Social Security tax split between workers and employers currently comes off after $137,700 of income. Under the President’s plan, there would be no shutoff limit.

- On the corporate minimum tax, the President will put a 15 percent minimum tax on income of businesses with $100 million in profits. That would be another corporate tax passed on to the consumer.

A final thought about wealthy folks. Because they have means, they have options. When California over-taxed the rich, there was only 42 percent of the expected revenue gains from the tax hike because the rich had moved away. New York’s wealthy are departing in droves. Governor Cuomo points out that “a single percent of New York’s population pays half of the state’s taxes and they’re the most mobile people on the globe.” Correct.

Here is what is coming from all this tax increase. The bottom 45 percent will pay no income taxes. The wealthy will be taxed until they and/or their money depart. The middle class will be taxed like never before to raise the tens of trillions of dollars for the programs in the president's platform.

Of course, and I say this with all due respect to those folks that feel different about it, you do not have to believe any of this. You have every right to ignore it, if that is what you feel you should do. I just wanted to offer some substance to why I'm quite concerned about prices, in particular since this is a collectors website and we are discussing collectibles, the price on the product we buy, the Guild membership, and prices for shipping. Sorry about the long reply, not intended to derail the thread's topic. If everything remains the same a year or two from now, I'll come back an openly tell you I was wrong. Mark my words.

Let's get back to the topic of the thread, I propose. And thank you Chuck for the update.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If we're going to talk about this, hopefully we can keep it entirely apolitical and not get it shut down... That said...

It was 3 measly years ago that the corporate tax rate in the US was 35% and we were all able to collect mini-busts just fine. Dropping it to 21% was an absurd giveaway to businesses and should never have happened. As a percentage of my income, I'm currently paying more than the corporate rate. There's no reason Walmart, or even Gentle Giant for that matter, should have a lower tax burden than me.

No one is abandoning the US because China is 2% or 3% lower, and Ireland with their absurd 12.5% rate has been an entirely different problem for a long time already. My personal tax rate this year was 22%.

28% is extremely reasonable and Gentle Giant isn't going to suddenly have to charge crazy prices for mini-busts because it would hurt sales.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Chuck. I'll be happy to add him to the collection ! Cool mask and hands pic I saw online.
5828d606e7427d6b6aa48815e2924225.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well, I haven't been around here for a while, saw the Tessek thread back up and thought there were pictures available. Nothing yet as I can tell, but hopefully soon enough as this is one of only three mini busts I'm buying this year, unless something else from my collecting focus shows up.

Reading through the different posts here, I did notice a discussion about taxes? I'd like to offer a word of advice if I may (as one of the GG old farts still remaining) to Force Strong as I can tell you haven't been around this site for too long. Try to avoid discussing politics as much as possible, anything that might relate to it or might incite the topic. Folks around these parts are very passionate about their beliefs and you'll always find someone that will contradict you, sometimes in what might appear to be a condescending or patronizing way. Things today in America have become very black and white (not meant in a race context), and there doesn't seem to be a middle ground for a level headed discussion without the need of some supercilious interaction. By avoiding politics, you'll keep the thread focused on its subject, which I believe it is what most people want. Personally I respect your opinion the same way I respect that of others that differ from your concern. I have friends on both sides of the political spectrum as I try not to judge people in a political way but in an action-given way, as long as those actions are positive ones towards our collector community here, and life itself outside of all this. I do believe we have the right to think and feel different than others, to have an opinion without it being stifled, and to a civilized discussion, which I believe was done here. But again, my recommendation is to stay focused with your comments, aimed at the collectibles you like, the ones you have bought, and that sort of thing. This will help keep every thread in a harmonious way. Thanks!

+++++++++++++++

* That's a cool mask, Hank. I think I've seen it somewhere before and I believe it to be quiet expensive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys. Had trouble logging in for awhile since I had a new laptop and couldn't remember my sign in and my forum account was using an ancient email that I could no longer access. Anyway, back in! Missed ya.

Being one of Jabba's dudes, this bust is a must have for me but I've been so busy and had no time to look into the PGM again. Really wish they could just sell busts without having to do the PGM thing. The one and only time I joined was for the awesome Amanaman mini bust and Mr. Tessek would look wonderful next to him.

Am I too late to the party?

Reaction score
Party on! It's never too late to inhale the Polystone fumes :)

* Seriuosly, you can still place a pre-order for Mr. Squid head if you join the PGM. There are plenty more fish ...err... squid in the sea. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I haven't been around here for a while, saw the Tessek thread back up and thought there were pictures available. Nothing yet as I can tell, but hopefully soon enough as this is one of only three mini busts I'm buying this year, unless something else from my collecting focus shows up.

Reading through the different posts here, I did notice a discussion about taxes? I'd like to offer a word of advice if I may (as one of the GG old farts still remaining) to Force Strong as I can tell you haven't been around this site for too long. Try to avoid discussing politics as much as possible, anything that might relate to it or might incite the topic. Folks around these parts are very passionate about their beliefs and you'll always find someone that will contradict you, sometimes in what might appear to be a condescending or patronizing way. Things today in America have become very black and white (not meant in a race context), and there doesn't seem to be a middle ground for a level headed discussion without the need of some supercilious interaction. By avoiding politics, you'll keep the thread focused on its subject, which I believe it is what most people want. Personally I respect your opinion the same way I respect that of others that differ from your concern. I have friends on both sides of the political spectrum as I try not to judge people in a political way but in an action-given way, as long as those actions are positive ones towards our collector community here, and life itself outside of all this. I do believe we have the right to think and feel different than others, to have an opinion without it being stifled, and to a civilized discussion, which I believe was done here. But again, my recommendation is to stay focused with your comments, aimed at the collectibles you like, the ones you have bought, and that sort of thing. This will help keep every thread in a harmonious way. Thanks!

+++++++++++++++

* That's a cool mask, Hank. I think I've seen it somewhere before and I believe it to be quiet expensive.

You are right, mate. I'll try to avoid the politics although my initial comment was not intended to be political rather a concern due to upcoming business tax increases. I did get prompted to a lengthy second post only after I was told to stop, as if my intentions were those of creating political discord, which again, they weren't. I have an opinion too as a business analyst, an I expressed it. Again, you are right and I will limit my observations to non-political ones or what could be interpreted as such. I'm not wanting to disrupt the forum and I respect everyone. On what concerns me, I'm sorry about the forced and temporary derailment of the thread's topic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry, it's hard to avoid politics when talking about tax cuts. They're insanely political by nature, and when you say things like "Considering the highest tax increase plan in history the president is looking to implement where businesses and corporations will be taxed up the bazoo." Not only is this political, but it's not accurate, and it's also lacking in context.

It's inaccurate in that we went from 31% to 40% in 1942, and in 1950 we went from 42% to 50.75%. Both larger increases than the 7% between 21% and 28%.

It's lacking context in that an increase to 28% would still leave corporate rates 7% below what they were 3 short years ago when collecting mini-busts wasn't some sort of impossibility based on taxes - businesses all over the country continued to function and thrive, corporate profits are generally higher than they've ever been.

Furthermore, the average corporate tax rate over the history of the United States is 32.37%, meaning that 28% would be below average and the current 21% is the lowest it had been since the 1930's.

I'm not taking a political position with this, I'm just trying to add some context to the conversation about how tax rates might affect collecting... The fact is, that unless they are very poorly run, companies like Gentle Giant do have the ability to pay a 28% tax rate without passing costs onto consumers. They might try to do that anyway, at which point we can all decide to pay the new cost, or not, and they'll decide to lower prices or not, and around and around we go - yay free markets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, Tessek will look great next to all my Jabba the Hutt characters. Yes, sir he will!

TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK!TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK! TESSEK!

T ..... E ..... S ..... S ..... E ...... K

1617752746694.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is a bit of commentary by Gerald Home the actor behind the Squidhead and Mon Calamari masks.

How long did it take to get into each costume?

"It didn’t take long to get into my costumes. Most parts of the costumes were in my dressing room, and I put them on myself. My masks and hands were separate, looked after by my dresser, the late Ken Lewington, and he put them on me on-set.

The Tessek-Squid Head mask was bigger and heavier than the Mon Cal mask. It was so heavy that there were straps on it which had to be tied around my waist so the mask wouldn’t move. You can just see where the straps used to be in this photo of the mask when it was in an exhibition in Brazil several years ago. The human in the photo is Vinicius Ayres, the sponsor of my Honorary Membership of the 501st Legion. You can see how big the Tessek-Squid Head mask is in comparison with Vinicius’s head.

It was a case of putting the Mon Cal masks on and keeping them on for a long time. As you can imagine, once inside those masks we couldn't see where we were or who we were beside. Most of the time I had no idea who was beside me. And the longer the masks were kept on, the more sleepy and disoriented we felt inside them, and sound was very muffled which made things even worse. It took lots of concentration to stay alert and the last thing on our minds was who was in the costumes in those scenes. The others must have felt as I did, which is why we're all so vague about who was in those scenes. It's not that we don't remember, it's that we never knew."

1617825997642.png

My opinion:

I think the likeness of the mini bust is quite good. And while the dagger he is holding is an artistic interpretation, I find it acceptable, and a departure from the usual blaster given to many mini busts. Now we need Ephant Mon, GG! :)

If you are interested in reading more about Squidhead and the many mime actors playing different roles in Jabba's Palace you can find it all here, written by Gerald Home himself, here in our forums a few years ago.

For comparison purposes using the RS picture of the Mini Bust and the original mask:

tessekcomparison.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
This turned out fantastic! Really looking forward to receiving Squid Head and displaying him! Hope we get him soon!!

Reaction score
That Tessek bust looks absolutely fantastic! My only fear is if it can get to the UK in one piece looking at all the delicate pieces hanging off of it.

Ron, I think your chances of getting it intact are greater than a couple of years ago when they were using that cheap, crumbling styrofoam shell, like the one they used for Amanaman. They've gone back to the sturdy Styrofoam we all like, and as per the last few releases I have received, they are also double boxing the mini busts, which makes it more prone to get to the UK as it should. It looks fantastic, indeed.