Terminator Genisys

Reaction score
Now that they have exhausted all of the scenarios I want to see a Robocop Vs. Terminator movie:

We've seen Aliens Vs. Predator I think it's time for this movie

Reaction score
Ive been watching Terminator Genisys for the past day and the movie is actually pretty good especially where it borrows a few things from the Sarah Connor Chronicles tv show such as the alternate timeline memories thing that occurs if one is from one timeline and travels to the past and then another person from an alternate timeline travels back and remembers things differently.

Pops Terminator is pretty cool where its like an updated version of the Uncle Bob T-800 from Terminator 2.

the only annoying thing that goes on in the entire movie is the J.K. Simmons cop where he was the young street cop from 1984 where he for years obsesse over time travelers and killer robots.

Reaction score
I have not seen it, but I will check it out now.

See I have a controversial opinion. I love the first terminator, it's a masterpiece. I was never too keen on Arnold the hero Terminator. The first is a horror film, straight up. The second is an action film and I DO love it, just I like the first better. See then you get into it. T3 ,,,,oh boy is that cheesy. I actually LIKED Salvation....but it's def. flawed.

See any time you intro time travel you intro a can of worms.

I'll give it a shot though.

GNT

Reaction score
I didn't mind Genisys but I've only ever seen it once, would've been nice if it did kick off a new trilogy like it was meant to do but oh well. The only thing I wasn't sold on was Emilia Clarke as Sarah Conner but otherwise it was okish.

Reaction score
My opinion, Genisys was pretty much a full length movie version of the Sarah Connor Chronicles tv show. The movie did borrow a few things here and there from the tv show anyway

Reaction score
Re-posting my review of TG (from another thread on this site) not long after I watched the film:

I'm a big fan of the Terminator franchise (the films & the Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series), but had avoided watching Terminator: Geneisys for a while, since I wasn't sure I would like the film - and because I also felt there was no need for a new film.

However, I recently gave in & watched T:G on on Blu - it was my first time seeing the film. Wow! I really enjoyed the movie, much better than I thought I would. Some comments:

-I knew very little about the film going on, and in the first scenes I literally thought it was going to be a straight re-make of Terminator 1 (1984) - which I felt would be somewhat boring (despite the advances in special effects over the years). However, when we saw that Terminator infect John Connor right when Kyle Reese was going back in time, you knew that things were going to be different.

- I liked how they had elements of Terminator 1 & 2 in the film, while at the same time having a completely original storyline:

One of my favorite scenes was when the '84 Arnold Terminator was about to confront those punk rockers (like in the first film), and the older "Pops" Terminator (reminiscent of the T2 "good" Terminator) attacked him.

Cool that they had a T-1000 policeman in the film; again, nice homage to T2.

Also nice to see the John Connor cyborg?! creature come out of the flames towards the end - again, cool homage to T2.

- The actress who played Sarah Connor (from one of my favorite TV series, Game of Thrones) looked similar to the young Linda Hamilton from T1; great casting here!

- Interesting that in this time-line, the "Pops" Terminator actually saved Sarah Connor as a child in 1973 - very different from what we had seen before.

- The last scene of the film definitely opens up the door to another sequel; i.e., "The Future is not Set" line.

- Great touch to have the iconic T2 music over the credits - again, excellent homage.