Terminator Dark Fate (2019)

Reaction score
Interesting, but not surprising. People who weren't impressed with the last few movies probably don't plan to make the same mistake and watch another one. Also, Terminator use to be a Summer Blockbuster, so people who go to those my not do Winter films?

Most of the reviewers I've seen gave it enough praise, so me and some friends plan to see it Tuesday.

Reaction score
Got tickets for Thursday evening - and looking very forward to seeing it! :)

Reaction score
I actually saw it Sunday. It was better than most of them, but the story is super stale. Time to let it die.

Reaction score
I saw something pretty morbidly hysterical. Saw Arnold on Kimmel and it was HYSTERICAL. A GREAT interview! Now he's getting older. He might not have the memory we think, but he claimed something I'd NEVER heard and that was O.J. Simpson was considered to play the Terminator but was turned down because he didn't appear a believable killer. HA! Now apparently Cameron says this isn't true, but I read between the lines and I think it is a mixture of both. Fascinating. Kimmel actually also played a game where, since he's famous for one-lines, pick a few famous lines from a bowl from films he WASN'T it. Very entertaining interview.

Reaction score
Linda Hamilton was the best thing about this movie, and she was amazing. It wasn't a great movie, but as far as big, dumb, fun action movies go, it works. Emphasis on "dumb" and "fun". I enjoyed it despite its shortcomings.

Reaction score
I saw something pretty morbidly hysterical. Saw Arnold on Kimmel and it was HYSTERICAL. A GREAT interview! Now he's getting older. He might not have the memory we think, but he claimed something I'd NEVER heard and that was O.J. Simpson was considered to play the Terminator but was turned down because he didn't appear a believable killer. HA! Now apparently Cameron says this isn't true, but I read between the lines and I think it is a mixture of both. Fascinating. Kimmel actually also played a game where, since he's famous for one-lines, pick a few famous lines from a bowl from films he WASN'T it. Very entertaining interview.
I had actually heard something similar several years back, that Arnie was not the fist choice for understandable reasons. Though the story I heard regarding O. J. was vague, and not quite the way you say. But more about scheduling possibly just didn't quite fit the role. I don't know if we'll ever know the full truth.

Reaction score
I just got back from watching it - and loved it!

Despite having similar beats to T1 / T2 - it was also a good springboard off for a new trilogy of Terminator movies - so would be a shame if it doesn't do well at the box office.

Reaction score
I liked it for the most part. Easily the best Terminator movie since T2. Loved Hamilton, really enjoyed Arnie, and I love Mackenzie Davis, but I'm not a fan of what happens in the beginning. I feel like they could have come up with something better and more satisfying. Oh, and I really enjoyed Gabriel Luna as the new Terminator. I didn't think they could come up with something really new after the T-1000, but a terminator who can become two terminators is pretty cool.

Spoiler:  
At some point John Connor would have to become irrelevant to a future war that never happens. There's no need to cast him off like that. Plus...wasn't it supposed to be years after T2 when he was murdered? Why does he still look like he's 12? I'm cool with there being a new savior for the future, but it's kind of underwhelming how it all goes down. Plus, they didn't develop her near enough. She's likeable, but there's just not much there to make a great character like Sarah was. But yeah, it's an alright movie, but after the opening, it made me feel like the first two movies were all for nothing if he just gets shot in the chest by a terminator on the beach. [\spoiler]

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Just like The Force Awakens, this movie:
  Spoiler:  
Replaces Skynet with another future AI that makes the same weapons to fight humans, except small details and the design/colors are slightly different; TIE fighters with inverted colors and dark endoskeletons instead of chrome. Seems like lazy writing. I did like that the T-800 that killed John was on a mission for a Skynet that no longer existed, but it had remained due to being in the present.