Temple Of Doom Fans

Reaction score
It'd be awesome if next year for the 35th anniversary if TOD got a theatrical re-release, has there been any word? I'd love to see it in theaters. It's one thing to see a movie time and time again at home on DVD and Blu-ray, but the theatrical environment and experience is so one-of-a-kind and certain movies take on a whole new dimension when viewed in a theater.

Reaction score
No, but KOTCS is a real horror story.
So true! There was about 10 times where I wanted Indy to pull out a gun and shoot mack.(Shoot him now! shoot him now!) But Alas Indy could have no weapons being in the PC world of a new world Lucasfilm production. Thank God TOD was made when it was. Otherwise we would never see it like it was made back then, it would be completely different. (Indy saves Thugee from Rock Crusher!) (Indy jumps into river to save Mola Rom!)

Reaction score
TOD had some great moments and some blood curtling moments. I know it’s a movie but how the victim would still be alive after Mola Ram yanked his heart out made me say WTF???

Reaction score
Evil Thuggee magic, my friend. Believe me, he looked as "WTF?!" as you when he realized he was still alive after having his heart yanked out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TOD had some great moments and some blood curtling moments. I know it’s a movie but how the victim would still be alive after Mola Ram yanked his heart out made me say WTF???
An average sized human can survive 10-12 seconds after the heart has been ripped out providing no immediate medical attention.......

Don't ask how I know:wtf:

Reaction score
That's one of the things I love so much about TOD, it isn't afraid to get seriously freaky, but it still has the sense of pulp fun and escapism.

Reaction score
Over the years TOD has really grown on me and become my second favorite Indy film.

My favorite scene is after Indy is brought back from the brain washing and as they are about to escape, he says that we are getting out of here...all of us.

Favorite part here...a mine cart light reveals a focused Indiana, a thugee comes after him and all you hear are the punching sound effects and you see is the thugee fly making an furrow in the sand for about 15 ft!

What a mighty blow!

Reaction score
Over the years TOD has really grown on me and become my second favorite Indy film.

My favorite scene is after Indy is brought back from the brain washing and as they are about to escape, he says that we are getting out of here...all of us.

Favorite part here...a mine cart light reveals a focused Indiana, a thugee comes after him and all you hear are the punching sound effects and you see is the thugee fly making an furrow in the sand for about 15 ft!

What a mighty blow!

Without a doubt one of the most iconic moments of the series. Gives me goosebumps every single time.

Reaction score
Bringing this back to spread the TOD love B) Watched Raiders and TOD back to back a few weeks ago, amazing how these two just never get old.

Reaction score
Although TOD is a prequel to Raiders, anyone else usually watch it after? I feel TOD works much better when watched after Raiders. Raiders is more subdued with it's pacing, whereas TOD is faster than lightning with it's pacing (especially during the third act) and after such a rocket ride of a movie TOD is with it's pacing it can make sitting through Raiders a bit challenging. Raiders is a thrilling film as well but TOD just doesn't let you go nearly it's entire duration and during the last third gets so frantic. I almost never watch TOD before Raiders.

Reaction score
I very rarely watch them all at once, but it just depends on my mood. I’ve seen them enough times that switching the order of Raiders and Doom wouldn’t bother me too much either way.

Reaction score
I know all of the films pretty much like the back of my hands and can pretty much recite them all word for word, especially TOD.

I find TOD is definitely the most accessable. It feels the most stand-alone and like it can very easily be your introduction to the world of Indy, as it was for me when I first saw it when I was maybe 2 or 3.

Reaction score
Great thread! Temple of Doom is by far my favorite movie from the Indiana Jones films. For years growing up I thought everyone felt this way, and when I found out how many people did not like it I was literally shocked. As others have said, easily the most quotable. I also love how it is almost two different movies. The beginning at club Obi Wan (awesome) and the greatest mobsters of all time Lao. Short Round's "no time for love" line and even Dan Aykroyd in an uncredited cameo at the plane, which of course Lao (literally) gets the last laugh (which is why he is so awesome, I love that guy's laugh!).

I will admit the initial journey to the palace in India is kind of slow, but that is for a reason. Because once the action and suspense happen with Mola Rom they really do not stop until the film ends! I saw this in the theater as a kid, just like I did Raiders of the Lost Ark and enjoyed both equally. Raiders I feel is the better movie overall but Temple is still my favorite. Last Crusade is solid but ehhh, kind of like ROTJ it just reuses too many plot points.

I even had the Marvel Comic Adaptation of this growing up and again, I just love this movie!

Reaction score
This must've been such a special movie to see in the theater back then. It came out three years before I was born. I can only imagine how much the theatrical environment enhances it.

Reaction score
The way I always put it, I don't think the best film in a franchise and your favorite film in a franchise have to be the same thing. I think Raiders is the best of the films, but I just can't deny...Doom is my favorite. The film is just pure, unabashed fun. It's really a strangely bizarre film too.

It's both the darkest Indy film and the goofiest at the very same time. You have hearts being ripped out of sacrificial victims with black magic who are then dipped in lava, slave children and child violence, Indiana getting mind controlled and easily the most beaten up out of any film, people falling hundreds of feet to get eaten by crocodiles, Indy impaling someone on a kabob in the middle of a nightclub, a guy hung from a ceiling fan and crushed by a giant rock crusher, it goes on and on. I mean if you look close at the details, the Kali statue in the sacrificial chamber is covered in severed limbs, as is the warning statue in the jungle covered in severed fingers. Jeez! Yet you also have in essence everything with Willie Scott, Short-Round, the dinner scene, slapstick comedy, the jungle scene, on and on. But for me, the sheer wit of Harrison really made the comedy work. I think he's the master of banter and can heighten any co-stars performance just by proximity.

This film, I always argued, is a perfect "edgy" kids movie. I saw it when I was probably six years old and did not stop playing out the bridge and mine cart scene for weeks. I think a lot of people originally didn't like it for a number of reasons. For starters, it's just so extremely different from Raiders. I admire that they went a gutsy original route, but it's still an incredible serialized style adventure.

I think another aspect people didn't appreciate was...well...it's not a Christian relic or mythology, so a lot probably didn't know the mythologies. Now granted it is a sort of hodgepodge of cultures, but it does draw on real-life things. The Thuggee cult was real, they did plague the British colonials. It's actually where the term "thug" originates. However, they were more just street peddling thieves and crooks rather than some evil death cult. Usually they'd find a traveler, act as a sort of guide or friend, then murder them in their sleep. The Thuggee were a huge organization though and were branded menaces. One interesting punishment was sometimes, if caught, they'd be executed totally terrifyingly by having their head crushed by an elephant. Legit! The film seems to have incorporated a lot of Meso-American culture into the Thuggee, the sacrifices appear to be inspired by that of the Aztecs, the Prince uses a Haitian voodoo doll, Mola Ram even has a small shrunken head on his headpiece.

Then lastly, the artifact is fictional...but like a lot of the other aspects of the film, it has a basis in reality. The Sankara Stones are magical fictionalized versions of Shiva Lingam stones, appearing much like how Indy describes them in the film. They're river stones, very smooth and oval in shape. The local cultures believe they had abilities.

And can we talk Mola Ram? For a main villain that oddly doesn't get much screen time, my dude is awesome. My favorite Indy villains, by far, and def. the most intimidating IMO. I absolutely love his design. I always get chills when he says "You will, Dr. Jones. You will become...a true believer," with all that steam coming off his frighteningly grinning face.

The let's talk Willie Scott. I think she gets WAY too much guff. I don't think she's that bad at all, but I know she's been sort of deemed the Jar Jar of the franchise. I think that's so unfair. Sure she's annoying at times, but I enjoy her character for what it is. Plus I'm sorry, but Capshaw was a baaaabe in that.

Some of my other favorite moments?

"The Antidote..." "For what?!" "The poison you just drank, Dr. Jones!" Just the sheer suspense of that whole scene. The corks popping...the negotiation...the poison. It's so well-made. It feels so classic cinema.

"Nice try, Lao Che!" Classic Indy humor, out of the frying pan and into the fire. Indy is fascinating to me in that it's one of the only action adventure film series that really utilizes humor a lot, but I always found Indy humor to be my sense of humor.

"Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory," with the shooting star. Still one of my favorite shots in all of the films.

The whole trek through the jungle montage is gorgeous. Yet another underrated aspect of the film is the score, I love the Short Round theme and Slave Children's Crusade. Outside of the main Indy theme, they're my favorite sub-themes in the franchise. Now I always wondered something. Indy tells Willie, "Giant vampire bats," but are they in the continuity of the film? Because in reality, they're clearly fruit bats. How I like to interpret the scene? He knows they're fruit bats, he simply said that to toy with her.

"You cheat, Dr. Jones, you cheat!" Short Round will forever be awesome and hysterical. I really wish they had just a throw-away line explaining whatever happened to him.

"Snake surprise!" "What's the surprise?" The dinner scene seems to be one people either love or hate, but as a fan of over-the-top and gross out horror, I found it hysterical.

The whole stubborn flirtation scene is so well-acted and I crack up ever time when Indy pushes the statues breasts and Willie goes "Hey, I'm RIGHT HERE!" with her hands over her chest. LMFAO!

"WE! ARE GOING! TO DIE!" and it's all expressed through hand gestures. Plus come on, the bug pit and spike trap are awesome.

The intro of Mola Ram still gives me goosebumps. "He's still alive..."

Short Round burning Indy to shake him out of the mind control is genuinely heartbreaking. "Indy...I love you."

The shot of the guard sliding through the gravel after being punched out and the pan up to the hero shot of Indiana in the doorway is just...wow. Then the score "Slave Children's Crusade" begins during the rescue and the fight with the giant Thuggee begins and 6 year old me was just like, "This is the best movie ever!" One thing that always fascinated me was that even Indy tries to save the guy, even he's like "No one deserves to go out like this!"

...and then the mine cart sequence happens and I'm even more on cloud 9.

...and the the bridge scene happens, it's now my favorite boyhood movie ever. "It's time to meet Kali...IN HELL!"

I love every frame of this film.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Funny how you say the best film in the franchise doesn't have to be your favorite. I have tried to explain that to people for years. Great examples are of course, Temple of Doom, Rocky 3 ( which from a filmmaking standpoint the franchise gets more watered down with each installment), Any of the 3 OT star wars films seem to be interchangable here...( though the original is the superior film). The list goes on and on. I would never fault anyone for chosing one movie over another in a franchise.

Reaction score
Funny how you say the best film in the franchise doesn't have to be your favorite. I have tried to explain that to people for years. Great examples are of course, Temple of Doom, Rocky 3 ( which from a filmmaking standpoint the franchise gets more watered down with each installment), Any of the 3 OT star wars films seem to be interchangable here...( though the original is the superior film). The list goes on and on. I would never fault anyone for choosing one movie over another in a franchise.
Thank you!!

People really do not get that concept it seems. I love Revenge of the Sith, it's easily my second favorite SW film to watch. Rogue One is my third favorite to watch. I just really enjoy these movies. But I rank them lower on my SW list than #2-3, because they are not the "best" films. Empire and the original SW are the best films IMO.

I also agree with you about Rocky III, easily my favorite film in the franchise and the one I enjoy watching the most because of Mister T. Plus it shows how once Rocky finally makes it, he gets soft and loses his edge. Most real Heavyweight Champions rank this as their favorite too, because it is the most realistic premise of the franchise.

It's like Jaws 2, a movie I love and my Dad took me to see at VA Beach while we were on vacation. That sounds twisted LOL, but my Dad is gone now and it is a memory I cherish. Because he got me a silk screened Jaws 2 t-shirt, the comic, the trading cards. Being at the shore, I don't know it seemed more cool to see that film. Anyway, most people hate it or say how inferior it is to the original JAWS, one of the all time greatest film ever made. I agree, it's nothing like the original nor is it meant to be. But I still really love Jaws 2.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I dunno about the comic, but I do own Hank Searls' novelization of the film which reads more like a sequel to Peter Benchley's novel than Spielberg's film, particularly with the inclusion of a mafia subplot. Apparently Searls based his book on a very early draft of the screenplay. The scenes I wish they'd kept the most, which can be seen on the DVD, are firstly the extended attack on the upside down sunken helicopter* and the scene where Vaughan is the only one to stick up for Brody at the town council meeting where they discuss firing him. This would've been an excellent moment of quiet redemption for Vaughan and show that he isn't a complete jerk.

*Regarding this extended scene with the helicopter, apparently there's an even longer sequence that was cut, and possibly never even filmed, where the pilot manages to get out of the cabin and hides on the bottom of the sea holding his breath while the shark trashes the empty chopper. Then, when the shark is going to get Marge, the pilot was going to swim up and pull her down to safety and the both hide on the bottom until the shark leaves, then swim to the surface and hang on to one of the overturned sailboats, and it's implied they're rescued later offscreen. At least that's what was in the shooting script I read.

Personally? Without sounding too bloodthirsty (I hope), I'm glad this was omitted and changed to both characters dying. Having Marge and the helicopter pilot die really amps up the tension of that sequence, and without their deaths I don't think anyone else would've died at all in the climax. And they're both exceptionally effective deaths too. First, the pilot. In the deleted scene, the poor guy is upside-down in his seat trying to unbuckle himself, and he can't leave the sinking helicopter or he'll get attacked by the shark. But if he stays inside he'll drown. Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't! And as for Marge, holy guacamole! She sacrifices herself to save Sean and watching her desperation as she struggles to climb up, and keeps slipping, and Sean's terrified "Nooooooo!" and Jackie's shrieking as Marge is gobbled up (the one time I don't mind her scream) really helps heighten the horror. I daresay that scene, beginning with the helicopter being dragged down and then ending with Marge's death, is probably the most effective scene in the film apart from Eddie's death.

I also love the sequence that comes after it, of the teens trying to get Sean to grab the rope, but he's catatonic, and I find Andy's screaming "Sean, Goddamn it!" at him particularly powerful, all the moreso since it's obvious he isn't really angry with the kid, considering the way he cuddles and hugs and reassures him once they finally get him over to them. It's such an emotional scene to me, and really dispels a lot of the complaints that the endangered teens are "disposable nobodies straight out of a slasher movie." A complaint levied against the film that I hate. I actually find the teens to be interesting characters and care about them.

Reaction score
I dunno about the comic, but I do own Hank Searls' novelization of the film which reads more like a sequel to Peter Benchley's novel than Spielberg's film, particularly with the inclusion of a mafia subplot. Apparently Searls based his book on a very early draft of the screenplay. The scenes I wish they'd kept the most, which can be seen on the DVD, are firstly the extended attack on the upside down sunken helicopter* and the scene where Vaughan is the only one to stick up for Brody at the town council meeting where they discuss firing him. This would've been an excellent moment of quiet redemption for Vaughan and show that he isn't a complete jerk.

*Regarding this extended scene with the helicopter, apparently there's an even longer sequence that was cut, and possibly never even filmed, where the pilot manages to get out of the cabin and hides on the bottom of the sea holding his breath while the shark trashes the empty chopper. Then, when the shark is going to get Marge, the pilot was going to swim up and pull her down to safety and the both hide on the bottom until the shark leaves, then swim to the surface and hang on to one of the overturned sailboats, and it's implied they're rescued later offscreen. At least that's what was in the shooting script I read.

Personally? Without sounding too bloodthirsty (I hope), I'm glad this was omitted and changed to both characters dying. Having Marge and the helicopter pilot die really amps up the tension of that sequence, and without their deaths I don't think anyone else would've died at all in the climax. And they're both exceptionally effective deaths too. First, the pilot. In the deleted scene, the poor guy is upside-down in his seat trying to unbuckle himself, and he can't leave the sinking helicopter or he'll get attacked by the shark. But if he stays inside he'll drown. Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't! And as for Marge, holy guacamole! She sacrifices herself to save Sean and watching her desperation as she struggles to climb up, and keeps slipping, and Sean's terrified "Nooooooo!" and Jackie's shrieking as Marge is gobbled up (the one time I don't mind her scream) really helps heighten the horror. I daresay that scene, beginning with the helicopter being dragged down and then ending with Marge's death, is probably the most effective scene in the film apart from Eddie's death.

I also love the sequence that comes after it, of the teens trying to get Sean to grab the rope, but he's catatonic, and I find Andy's screaming "Sean, ***damn it!" at him particularly powerful, all the moreso since it's obvious he isn't really angry with the kid, considering the way he cuddles and hugs and reassures him once they finally get him over to them. It's such an emotional scene to me, and really dispels a lot of the complaints that the endangered teens are "disposable nobodies straight out of a slasher movie." A complaint levied against the film that I hate. I actually find the teens to be interesting characters and care about them.
The comic (which can be read via the link) doesn't include the mafia subplot, but does show the depressed, rundown Amity which I loved. It shows the repercussions of Vaughan and the city council's actions of ignoring Brody and being cheap on Quint. I thought even in the filmed version, the fact the Mayor asks Martin to "please, step outside while we look at the pictures and make up our own mind" at least showed he had an ounce of respect for what Martin went through. The rest seemed like the typical dirtbag politicians, especially the developer who Ellen worked for. In the comic, they show more of Brody's PSD from the shark (an element I wish they would of kept) and the Mayor does defend Martin more.

I own the DVD too, and the helicopter pilot scene is one of the greatest deleted scenes ever taken out of a movie. It make zero sense why they did that? Less deaths?? Just moronic. It was a cool, brutal death and what you go to see a shark movie for!

I also agree, to me the teens were interesting. You had Martin's kids now being hunted by JAWS, (hence the eventual Revenge disaster plot is launched), you have the Mayor's kid being hunted. I did not feel they were disposable at all, except the annoying girl who won't quit screaming (and yet of course she lived :( ). Tina's reaction of pure fear when Martin finds her in her boat and she hugs him, screaming out "ssssssSHARK!!" That's legit emotional trauma there!

Reaction score
I own the DVD too, and the helicopter pilot scene is one of the greatest deleted scenes ever taken out of a movie. It make zero sense why they did that? Less deaths?? Just moronic. It was a cool, brutal death and what you go to see a shark movie for!
Well, I'm pretty sure the guy still dies, albeit from drowning as opposed to getting chomped.

Reaction score
One thing I've always made gags about is the often forgotten chronological order of the series, Doom being a second in the series, but the first in the timeline. After seeing all that, maaaaaaaaaan is Indy pretty hesitant to believe things after. Meanwhile here I am, I'd be like "Oh. Holy Grail? Ark makes heads explode via ghosts? YUP I believe it, I saw dark magic, man!" =P

Reaction score
My Brother and I were just talking about this today, how awesome Temple of Doom is and how bad Last Crusade is LOL. I even told him about this thread.

Reaction score
My Brother and I were just talking about this today, how awesome Temple of Doom is and how bad Last Crusade is LOL. I even told him about this thread.
See I liked Last Crusade too, but it's easily a safe movie. Since Doom originally was such a mixed reaction, heck even George and Steven don't really like it to this day, they just went back to the wheelhouse. Nazi's, Christian artifact, Sallah, big temple with traps, villain dies gruesomely and supernaturally, so many chase scenes that feel totally like the Raiders truck scene. I know, yet again, Lucas's original pitch was freaking wacky. He wanted this one to be almost like Scooby Doo, legit in nothing but a haunted castle. The castle stuff was slightly retained of course, but not like the original idea. It has moments that go almost into Crystal Skull territory, but it's also got bits that are amazing IMO.

Reaction score
See I liked Last Crusade too, but it's easily a safe movie. Since Doom originally was such a mixed reaction, heck even George and Steven don't really like it to this day, they just went back to the wheelhouse. Nazi's, Christian artifact, Sallah, big temple with traps, villain dies gruesomely and supernaturally, so many chase scenes that feel totally like the Raiders truck scene. I know, yet again, Lucas's original pitch was freaking wacky. He wanted this one to be almost like Scooby Doo, legit in nothing but a haunted castle. The castle stuff was slightly retained of course, but not like the original idea. It has moments that go almost into Crystal Skull territory, but it's also got bits that are amazing IMO.
Last Crusade looks a lot like Raiders on the surface. That helps cover how different the story is from Raiders and Temple of Doom. The first two Indy films are straight up adventure treasure hunt movies. Last Crusade at it's heart is a story about a son reconnecting with his father. There are action set pieces similar to the other two movies but the through line of the story is different.

The treasure Indy is actually looking for is his dad. That's the only reason he goes on the quest and he's only following clues for the grail because it leads to his father. By the end Indy is mostly following his dad not to get the grail but to help stop the bad guys getting it. The good guys don't really want the treasure.

These differences might seem small but really do a lot to change the story and it's meaning. I think people who really enjoy Last Crusade are those who enjoy the dynamic created by Indy and Henry. It's not the action scenes but the personal scenes between those two that make Last Crusade standout from the other Indiana Jones films. They see it at as having decent action and set up similar to Raiders with a new personal dynamic for Indy unique to that one film.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the most like Last Crusade. Now the story is about the father reconnecting with his son.

Reaction score
My favorite scenes were when they're on the zeppelin and Henry is trying to justify why he was so emotionally distant and the ending where he has Indy by the hand as he's hanging off the cliff trying to grab the Grail, ready to throw his life away for it, and Henry, begging him not to, calls him Indiana. Whatever faults, real or imagined, the movie has, that scene is always an emotional one for me. Because it's a parent revealing he does care about his child, and because it brings up what it is that separates Indy from the villains. The prize is always worth risking your life for, but is it worth giving if you can avoid it...? Is the prize the object itself, or the fact you were proven right? For Henry, simply seeing the knight and holding the Grail, however briefly, was enough. When he has to choose between the artifact and his child, he chooses his child. And he will not allow Indy to throw his life away for that much-ballyhooed fortune and glory. I also love the scene where Vogel is slapping Henry and he grabs Vogel's wrist and goes "Goosestepping morons like yourself should try reading books instead of burning them!" The barely-contained fury in Henry's voice and the way he contemptuously flings the other man's hand away always get me. So, the movie does have its awesome moments.

Reaction score
One thing that always makes me unintentionally laugh is the grail knight clearly says not to cross the seal...and what's the VERY FIRST THING Elsa does? Way to go, Elsa! The knight's probably so thinking "WHAT! DID I SAY?!"
Honestly the Grail Knight is still probably thinking "A WOMAN? WEARING PANTS?" Strangely dressed for a knight indeed. (That's a good line too.)

Reaction score
Now here's a question I always wondered: WHO is the Knight? From what I know of Arthurian legend, I believe there were three specific that set out for the grail: Galahad, Percival, and Bors. Could he technically be one of them? I guess possible. Or is he just a generic knight from the Crusades? Correct me if wrong but I don't think any subsidiary material ever truly named him.

Reaction score
Now here's a question I always wondered: WHO is the Knight? From what I know of Arthurian legend, I believe there were three specific that set out for the grail: Galahad, Percival, and Bors. Could he technically be one of them? I guess possible. Or is he just a generic knight from the Crusades? Correct me if wrong but I don't think any subsidiary material ever truly named him.
He claims to be one of the brothers of Sir Richard, but never gives a name. I can’t seem to even find too much about Sir a Richard on Google beyond one tale that doesn’t even mention brothers, so I’m guessing they took the already fantastical Arthurian legend and added some more artistic liberty to it.

Reaction score
He claims to be one of the brothers of Sir Richard, but never gives a name. I can’t seem to even find too much about Sir a Richard on Google beyond one tale that doesn’t even mention brothers, so I’m guessing they took the already fantastical Arthurian legend and added some more artistic liberty to it.
The Grail Knight and his two brothers were part of the first crusade (1096 to 1099). That's 300 to 400 years after King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. So the Grail Knights are more grounded in history and not meant to be characters from Arthurian legend. They found the Grail and lived there, protecting it, for 150ish years. Then two of the brothers returned to Europe.

Reaction score
Huge fan of TOD; I may like it even better than ROTLA. One of the reasons I felt the film worked so well is that it was a completely different type of film from Raiders. From the opening music & subsequent fight scene in the nightclub - to the inflatable raft landing in the mountains - to the trek to the palace - to the underground tunnel chase - to the cliff-hanger bridge fight - this film was an amazing roller coaster ride that was incredible from start to finish.

Conversely, I hated TLC. I saw it theatrically & tried to like it over the years, but felt it was just a bad copy of ROTLA. I also didn't like the inclusion of Sean Connery as Indy's father, since I felt - as Spielberg did - that his presence "unbalanced" the film; it was especially grating how the father talked down to Indy throughout much of the film. I also felt TLC was too comedic...it's OK to have some comedy in the films (ROTLA & TOD did, to some extent) - but I felt this movie had too much.

Reaction score
The Grail Knight and his two brothers were part of the first crusade (1096 to 1099). That's 300 to 400 years after King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. So the Grail Knights are more grounded in history and not meant to be characters from Arthurian legend. They found the Grail and lived there, protecting it, for 150ish years. Then two of the brothers returned to Europe.
Very interesting. I just couldn’t seem to find anything. Would you happen to have a link to some info on it? I’d love to read a little more.