TBS Archive Line - What figures need to be reissued?

GNT

Reaction score
Now that Hasbro is releasing older harder to find Black Series 6" figures in a sub "Archive" line with slight paint upgrades to give people a chance to get harder to find figures. What past 6" figures do you want to see given a 2nd chance at retail?

Reaction score
They've already said they put together the best stormtrooper from various stormtroopers, in the vintage line though, but would it be far fetched to ask them to do the same with the sixers, in regards to head sculpts?
Or perhaps it's enopugh with the photo real tech to make some of the older figures to really pop.

To answer your question: Maul - Slave Leia - Anakin - Bespin Luke - OT Han - Carbonite Han - Jedi Luke - Yoda - Palpatine.

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
They've already said they put together the best stormtrooper from various stormtroopers, in the vintage line though, but would it be far fetched to ask them to do the same with the sixers, in regards to head sculpts?
Or perhaps it's enopugh with the photo real tech to make some of the older figures to really pop.

To answer your question: Maul - Slave Leia - Anakin - Bespin Luke - OT Han - Carbonite Han - Jedi Luke - Yoda - Palpatine.
I forgot about Bespin Luke. Need another one of him too.

Reaction score
Jedi Luke, but "redone" as Endor Luke w/speeder. (Technically, not a reissue but I've said it before.....and I'll say it again). :D

But as far as HTF, I REALLY think the (obvious) one in my book is Walmart Scarif Stormtrooper. Ya guys at Hasbro talked about distribution....OK, now pay up. :p

Reaction score
While I have been fortunate enough to get most of the HTF figures I'd still like to see a few re-issues just for the photo real paint apps. I'd love to see Jedi Luke, Slave Leia, Palpatine, Anakin, ANH Han and (even though he warmed pegs forever) ROTS Obi-Wan with the photo real tech.

Reaction score
Cantina Han
Farm boy Luke (I think so)
X-wing Luke
Bespin or Dagobah Luke
Jedi Luke
Slave Leia
Boushh Leia with Chewy in shackles
IG-88 with some height and more detail paint apps
ESB and ROTJ versions of Boba Fett
Darth Maul
Anakin Skywalker

New stuff
Clone wars Gen Kenobi
Mace Windu
Ima-Gun Di
Kitt Fisto
Battle Droids (B1 and B2 versions)
Destroyer Droids
Nute Gunray
Count Dooku
Naboo palace guards
Zam Wesell
Young Boba Fett with Jangos helmet
Clone Wars Yoda with lightsaber

Reaction score
I think this could be a good cenur for pretty much anyone that would benefit from the photorealistic face paint apps.

Specifically, I never got a Baze Malbus so I'd appreciate another shot at him.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Every single human faced character updated with face printing through this line.

Reaction score
Bespin Luke is the top choice for me. Most of the figure is fine, the underlying sculpt seems pretty good from some of the repaints I've seen so I imagine the face printing would make that just about perfect.

Jedi Luke I'd probably take, but a face print won't make the figure less skinny or give him better arm articulation, which are other issues I have with him.

Yoda would be great too. I know people have issues with his articulation and soft goods, but for me the issue was also the bright green head, lack of detail and bad hair. I've seen some amazing repaints of Yoda, so if they could get the colour and detail right this time, I'd definitely pick him up.

I'd be curious to see if RotS Obi-Wan could be saved by a face print. I'd love to own one, but that head was always so offputting. RotS Anakin would be great too, as I just never saw him available.

Bespin Lando would be the last one, I think. I passed on him for looking more like Lionel Richie than Billie D, and now I can't find him anywhere for reasonable money to do a head swap with the much better Skiff Guard when it comes out. If face printing could make Bespin Lando look as good as Skiff Lando, I'd be straight in. That's a much more recent release, though, so it's unlikely to come out in the Archive line for quite some time.

Reaction score
Cantina Han
Farm boy Luke (I think so)
X-wing Luke
Bespin or Dagobah Luke
Jedi Luke
Slave Leia
Boushh Leia with Chewy in shackles
IG-88 with some height and more detail paint apps
ESB and ROTJ versions of Boba Fett
Darth Maul
Anakin Skywalker

New stuff
Clone wars Gen Kenobi
Mace Windu
Ima-Gun Di
Kitt Fisto
Battle Droids (B1 and B2 versions)
Destroyer Droids
Nute Gunray
Count Dooku
Naboo palace guards
Zam Wesell
Young Boba Fett with Jangos helmet
Clone Wars Yoda with lightsaber
I think you are missing the point of this "archive" line. It's not a venue for new stuff, it's a way to get the figures that were HTF back out there. Also, X-Wing Luke, IG-88, and ESB Boba Fett were already announced (along with Bossk) and Darth Maul was rumored as well.

Reaction score
I'd probably pick up another sandtrooper or two if they were readily available.

Maybe Hasbro could include multiple colors for the pauldron?

Reaction score
Honestly I'm sure they could do it now since it's an old email bit giving us the Shadow Stormtrooper would be great. The scout is cool and the bike is alright but that Shadow Trooper is probably my favorite Stormtrooper in the line.

Reaction score
Ooooh! Yeah, I would TOTALLY buy more shadowtroopers in a heartbeat.

I never even opened my Target exclusive box.

Reaction score
Jedi Luke, but "redone" as Endor Luke w/speeder. (Technically, not a reissue but I've said it before.....and I'll say it again). :D

But as far as HTF, I REALLY think the (obvious) one in my book is Walmart Scarif Stormtrooper. Ya guys at Hasbro talked about distribution....OK, now pay up. :p
Hopefully they wouldn't have to waste a Archive release slot on a scarif trooper...i would think they could easily churn more of those out since it was still so recent

Reaction score
definitely anakin and PT ObiWan, I don't need a ton of PT figures but those are iconic enough to represent

Reaction score
especially if a Grievous is ever in the cards maybe end of next year simultaneously bring those out as well

And of course Maul has already been mentioned and would make sense as I believe we have heard Qui Gon is on the way

Reaction score
Be interesting to see how far they go with this? wonder if we'll eventually end up with all the human figures released before 2017 with the new face tech

Reaction score
Meh, there's not too much more I'd like from this line. Would I like them revisit some of the older releases? Sure. But this line is clearly just old figures with (at best) new paint apps. Improved paint for things like Yoda and Palpatine and Slave Leia would be nice, but still wouldn't change the issues I had with their sculpts and soft goods from the first time around. Honestly, they should just properly re-do those figures like they did with Vader when they get the chance.

The only figures that come to mind that I think would be fine with a straight-up release or improved paint (in addition to the 4 that are already announced) are Bespin Luke, ROTS Anakin, ROTS Obi, and Commander Cody. I wouldn't be opposed to more AOTC Clones, either. And Darth Maul is honestly a nice figure that holds up pretty well, but I'd rather see an updated version tbh than just a re-release of the original.

Reaction score
The new face paint tech REALLY makes the old paint apps look that much more ridiculous and doll like.
I was looking at the figures last night and just the difference between the two Death Squad Commanders faces is so drastic.

Makes me hate the old paint apps so much more now. hahaha

Reaction score
Many of you have hit it on the nose already so Ill just agree that the Lukes (Bespin & Jedi) are both pricey and horrible headsculps. Although i own both, Id rebuy to get good faces. Then Id like to see Anakin come around again Never even saw that one.

Reaction score
Many of you have hit it on the nose already so Ill just agree that the Lukes (Bespin & Jedi) are both pricey and horrible headsculps. Although i own both, Id rebuy to get good faces. Then Id like to see Anakin come around again Never even saw that one.

I agree! I never saw Anakin as well. I'd like to see Darth Maul too! Way too many KO's of that guy. Also, Did Qui Gon Jen get the new Face print tech? I've never QGJ either!

Reaction score
I agree! I never saw Anakin as well. I'd like to see Darth Maul too! Way too many KO's of that guy. Also, Did Qui Gon Jen get the new Face print tech? I've never QGJ either!
Qui-Gon had a different experiment done to him with the face. He has a rubber skin shell over some kind of internal structure with the eye (and I think mouth) molded under it. So think of like a rubber doll. It doesn't look any better than the traditional faces before printing took over. But it does come off as really weird being the lone figure using that.

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like Bespin Luke, Jedi Luke, Slave Leia, Yoda and Emperor. Maybe a revamped Clone Trooper w/ removable Phase I and II helmets included. That way, there'd be something new for all collectors who don't care to get new faces.

Reaction score
If it was up to me, Jyn and Cassian would be at the top of the list, but considering there were enough of them at my local Wal-Mart alone to build a full size house from the boxes, I'm not holding my breath.

Still, it would be nice to get both figures with quality face paint applications.

But if I'm Hasbro, it's pretty easy to figure this one out. If the original release is selling for more than 3x retail on the after market, it should probably get re-released.

Reaction score
Yeah, if the face paint looked good, I may get Slave Leia, but the body sculpt is still a bit awkward but no real way to get around that with all the exposed body and visible articulation.