Tatooine Skiff

Reaction score
Of course this is not an exclusive, and of course Walmart manages to have plenty on the shelves everywhere I go. Still this is a release that I'm happy to buy 2 and at full price with no regrets.
You absolute hero. If only there were more people that had such faith and commitment. We need more collectors that buy at full price.

Reaction score
I bought at full price because it was clear upgrade over the previous release AND the dollar amount matched what I perceive this to be worth to me. If Hasbro keeps making stuff that are either upgrades to the previous version, or clearly new enough and still find a way to keep the price manageable they will find customers.

Had this thing been say $60 or more...no way.

Ty

Reaction score
I pay full price for things when I want them. Hey, I don't exactly have mindset to burn by any means but it's my signal to Hasbro to make the kind of items I'm interested in. If I see some great item on clearance of cushier I have no problem getting a deal, but in there case of the skiff? Yeah, it'll probably go on sale or clearance eventually, but I'd rather have it now and more items like it in the future then wait to pay 50% off or whatever. I'm a Scots-Canadian/Winnipegger... believe me, I love a deal, but with dream-come-true items like this Skiff, you better believe I was one of the first people in line

Reaction score
I pay full price for things when I want them. Hey, I don't exactly have mindset to burn by any means but it's my signal to Hasbro to make the kind of items I'm interested in. If I see some great item on clearance of cushier I have no problem getting a deal, but in there case of the skiff? Yeah, it'll probably go on sale or clearance eventually, but I'd rather have it now and more items like it in the future then wait to pay 50% off or whatever.
Agree 100% with this. If everyone waited until clearance to buy these new SW items (especially the vehicles/larger pieces - which are more likely to go on clearance) there would be less of a chance that Hasbro would produce new product that we collectors want. I bought the 6" Rey/Speeder for full price $60 when it was released; ditto with the Imperial Hovertank, which I paid $80 for.

That all being said, I can also understand waiting for clearance if you're luke-warm about the item, can't afford full price, and/or just don't want to spend a lot of $. Re: the TVC Wal-mart Tie Fighter, this was a rip-off @ $80 - especially considering it had been released before. I finally got the last one I saw @ the $20 sale price - which I felt was reasonable for what you were getting.

Re: this TVC Skiff, $40 is definitely a reasonable price for this due to the incredible sculpt, detail, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I pay full price for things when I want them. Hey, I don't exactly have mindset to burn by any means but it's my signal to Hasbro to make the kind of items I'm interested in. If I see some great item on clearance of cushier I have no problem getting a deal, but in there case of the skiff? Yeah, it'll probably go on sale or clearance eventually, but I'd rather have it now and more items like it in the future then wait to pay 50% off or whatever. I'm a Scots-Canadian/Winnipegger... believe me, I love a deal, but with dream-come-true items like this Skiff, you better believe I was one of the first people in line
That's a great attitude to have.

Reaction score
Thought you guys might find these interesting considering they’re skiff related. Some rarely seen unused footage from the Rinzler Ebook.

First is multiple angles of Kithaba and Velken Tezeri falling into the Sarlacc’s mouth:
https://youtu.be/NBXLolYL5n8

Next is a far away shot of the skiff during Luke’s “Free us or die” moment with Marquand supplying the voices for 3PO and Jabba:
https://youtu.be/Ajk5Otd2Na8

Reaction score
Thought you guys might find these interesting considering they’re skiff related. Some rarely seen unused footage from the Rinzler Ebook.

First is multiple angles of Kithaba and Velken Tezeri falling into the Sarlacc’s mouth:

Next is a far away shot of the skiff during Luke’s “Free us or die” moment with Marquand supplying the voices for 3PO and Jabba:
https://youtu.be/Ajk5Otd2Na8
outstandint. Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the community.

Reaction score

That first shot of them sliding towards the mouth with the high angle is excellent and should have been used! It really highlights the dread of sliding to your doom! (maybe it makes us empathize too much with the victims!)

A couple other shots really emphasize some, um, anatomical similarities and were better left on the cutting room floor.

Reaction score
That first shot of them sliding towards the mouth with the high angle is excellent and should have been used! It really highlights the dread of sliding to your doom! (maybe it makes us empathize too much with the victims!)

A couple other shots really emphasize some, um, anatomical similarities and were better left on the cutting room floor.
Then it’s a good thing as it would’ve relocated our sympathies from Solo/Luke to the skiff guards.

Excellent editing choices there by the genius who many failed to appreciate. GL is a true legend as are most those who were involved in the editing suite. Also the creature designers.

Its interesting to not not that the sand monster has fewer tentacles than I recall.

Reaction score
That footage is great! You can see George sitting back behind Marquand in that take as well as the cast talking to him. The shots of Kithaba and Velken tumbling into the pit is fantastic! Too bad some of that wasn't used in the final cut, specifically Velken going down headfirst.

That footage also makes it 100% clear that Kithaba had a dark gray/black stripe down the sides of his trousers. I remember talking about that on here way back when the figure was revealed at NYTF in Feb '11.

Reaction score
You absolute hero. If only there were more people that had such faith and commitment. We need more collectors that buy at full price.
Always willing to pay full price........as long as it's appropriately priced.

Reaction score
Always willing to pay full price........as long as it's appropriately priced.
Great point...I don't think anyone should be paying full price if the prices aren't fair or realistic (looking at YOU, $100 X-Wings!). It's absurd that Hasbro went from a beautifully rendered and detailed $39 Skiff that can fit multiple figures and even has a sand base plus 3 action features, yet a single-****pit small starfighter with just about the same amount of features is $100? And one of these is a repack, so how is it possibly the same price as the new POE version, which is at least a new tooling? Doesn't make sense.

Reaction score
Some leaked footage looked like a version of these may be in TROS
While a minor spoiler, this just highlights why it's going to be a long wait until I finally see the movie while avoiding the Internet as you never know when or where someone is going to post a spoiler.

Reaction score
Great point...I don't think anyone should be paying full price if the prices aren't fair or realistic (looking at YOU, $100 X-Wings!). It's absurd that Hasbro went from a beautifully rendered and detailed $39 Skiff that can fit multiple figures and even has a sand base plus 3 action features, yet a single-****pit small starfighter with just about the same amount of features is $100? And one of these is a repack, so how is it possibly the same price as the new POE version, which is at least a new tooling? Doesn't make sense.
Agreed. This great TVC Skiff is very fairly priced @ $40. The X-wing is a rip-off. And, the Imperial Hovertank was an extreme rip-off; that was $80 (which I paid!) and is not that much bigger than the Skiff - @ twice the cost.

Reaction score
Agreed. This great TVC Skiff is very fairly priced @ $40. The X-wing is a rip-off. And, the Imperial Hovertank was an extreme rip-off; that was $80 (which I paid!) and is not that much bigger than the Skiff - @ twice the cost.
Yeah they knew what they were doing, starving TVC for any kind of "new" vehicle, then dropping the Hovertank and an exorbitant price. I applaud Hasbro for their level of detail on both the Skiff and Tank, but the Tank should have been $50 max. I'll give them the extra $10 for the cargo bins and the crystals that you can take out. That detail is just killer.

Reaction score
I don't have the Sail Barge, but I do have the Skiff. Never planned to get it at all, but now that I have it, I quite like it.

Reaction score
I finally got the Skiff Guard 3 pack. I love how the cannon can fit on the front of the Skiff. I don't have the Sail Barge, so glad this cannon does fit on the Skiff.