Tatooine Skiff

Reaction score
I hope us international collectors will get a chance to purchase this for an acceptable price (in the €75-€90 range) someday.
We will. I know Star Action Figures in the UK will be getting it at least. I spoke to their owner and pre-orders for it and the Skiff Guards 3-pack should start next week.

Reaction score
Although sold out, has anyone noticed on Hasbro pulse they updated eta to August 1, not 0ct 4?

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
A little comparison- dang, I'll need to replace after all!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm so glad I didn't decide to purchase an older skiff.

Reaction score
Are there any dimensions on the new Skiff?

It's obviously a bit bigger, but it doesn't look that much bigger.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are there any dimensions on the new Skiff?

It's obviously a bit bigger, but it doesn't look that much bigger.

i was trying to put a % amount of increase on the new skiffs size, i said it needed to be about 30% bigger than the old one overall. Someone made an idiotic comment that 30% would be too big, that at the size the skiff might make the barge look small. hahaha. i don't think they realize how big the barge is.
we still need an accurate side by side shot with figures involved to really judge. but at a glance i looks like they nailed the size perfectly. Amazing how much the old one still holds up too, paint is really well done.

Reaction score
I'm so glad I didn't decide to purchase an older skiff.
Nah, I’m not. I think it would be interesting to have to different skiff. Seeing Star Wars is a “used universe” one could be an earlier model then the other.I still have mine from 2000 which was a pain in the butt to find. I hope this one will be out at launch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jedimasterc — My sentiments exactly! I have the original 1st POTF2 skiff and also the one from Legacy Collection’s large battlepack; they’re a little too close in paint overall to use as 2 different skiffs, but just in case there is some sort of unforeseen reason I can’t get my hands on 1 of the new Haslab version, I’ll at at least have those 2 (plus a little custom paint) and I’ll be good to go.

**PLEASE NOTE: I stated earlier there is not a chance at $39.99 the “new” skiff is going to be any bigger, more specifically speaking: No more than, let’s say, 2”-3”Longer(AT THE MAX) & 1/2”-1”Wider than the old ones. Now PLEASE, don’t get me wrong, the new Haslab Skiffs look absolutely amazing, I’m just speaking size-wise here.

Reaction score
Well it has to still be proportionate to the barge and judging by the pics of it next to the Jabba's palace dioramma I think they knocked it out of the park. I see no issue loading it with the required figures. I have the old skiffs too but those will look absolutely ridiculous if paired with these. Just look at the comparison pics posted earlier.

Reaction score
I hope this new skiff helps drop the value/price of the original potf one. I am looking to buy a boxed one but the price was too high.

Reaction score
The new one is definitely sleeker and I think the lower profile of the angles will help reduce its upsizing effect visually.

The Barge is big. I don’t think we will really appreciate just how big it is until we have it in hand BUT like all Star Wars vehicles it’s still underscaled. It’s a toy, it’ll never be 100% to scale. Look at the legacy Falcon, probably 50% scale? I don’t know just that the to scale falcon that’s being customized makes the legacy mold look incredibly small.

A to scale skiff doesn’t work completely. And yes I stand by saying a 100% to scale skiff will hurt the look of the barge visually. Especially considering you’ll have two of them next to the thing. I mean realistically the barge should be what, 30% larger? More? I mean we already know it’s too small to fit everyone seen on screen in there.

So far this new skiff looks like a good compromise in scaling. The corrected angles help a ton. I’ll be happy tonown this and the barge even though they aren’t true scale. They fit in the acceptable compromised scale of our favorite vehicles like the legacy falcon, BAT-AT, big X-wing. And yes, even the big x-wing is underscaled quite a bit.

Reaction score
This is something I've been waiting for, for over 30 years. Even back when the original Skiff was released back in late 1984, I knew it was all wrong the moment I opened the box tried to place the correct number of figures on the deck. It was an underscaled, over-featured mess of a toy with horrible proportions. When they rereleased it in 1999, and in that horrid green color, I had almost given up all hope.

THIS is what I've been waiting for!

This thing is an absolute stunner! This is something I have been crying for, for ages and they came through BIG time! The scale is a perfect compromise and the proportions, details and the features don't look to get in the way for the aesthetics of the toy.

Unfortunately, I missed out on the preorder, but this is still one of my happiest days of collecting in.....I can't tell you how long.

All I can say is.....o-o:wtf:

Reaction score
Hmm. While I don't have access to the old one right now, this new one doesn't seem much bigger. Certainly an improved sculpt but I was hoping it'd be more realistically scaled to fit everyone it's supposed to fit with actual lightsaber swinging room.
Dude, just.....stop.

Next thing you know, people are going to be complaining that it's not retailing for $15 like the first one.

Reaction score
All I care about is that the characters can stand on the right side of this thing. That stupid spring loaded floor plate on the original is just the worst.

Reaction score
Yeah, the older versions are cool...I just couldn't pay the prices people were asking after the barge was announced, especially with the hunch Hasbro would make this awesome looking skiff.
Nah, I’m not. I think it would be interesting to have to different skiff. Seeing Star Wars is a “used universe” one could be an earlier model then the other.I still have mine from 2000 which was a pain in the butt to find. I hope this one will be out at launch.

kk1

Reaction score
Damn guess I missed my chance to sell my mint in box older versions. Oh well as someone who bought the original POTF 1985 when it came out, I can say finally! This has been a long time coming, now maybe Pote Snitkin will be able to drive the second one without losing weight so he can fit.

Reaction score
I'm not convinced that Pote can fit in there, the ****pit area doesn't look that much bigger to be honest. Would be good if he can though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wondering if they will use similar box art to the original. I will get the new skiff and dig out my older one.

Reaction score
I just ordered as well! Thanks! Wish I had read the ore-order policy first, apparently When using paypal it fully pre-pays for it. Policy suggests using credit card for pre-orders. Oh well. I paid in full plus shipping so now just have to wait for them. :) first time ordering from them as well. Are they pretty dependable?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool. Ordered. Not that I was remotely worried, since it's 8 months away, but now I don't have to think about it.

Reaction score
I just ordered as well! Thanks! Wish I had read the ore-order policy first, apparently When using paypal it fully pre-pays for it. Policy suggests using credit card for pre-orders. Oh well. I paid in full plus shipping so now just have to wait for them. :) first time ordering from them as well. Are they pretty dependable?
Yeah in the past I've forgotten that you're charged immediately when you use paypal and got myself into trouble. Fortunately this time I remembered

Reaction score
I preordered one of these beauties yesterday, spent the rest of the day feeling over the moon about it, but left the browser window open.
When I checked there today, there was a message saying my order has been cancelled.
There is no corroboration for this. I received a confirmation email after I ordered. The money was taken from my account and is still gone.
I emailed Hasbro Pulse to check on the status of my order, and am anxiously awaiting a response.
I apologize for alarming everyone. Will let you all know how it goes.

Reaction score
In for two and the guard three-pack from Dorkside. More of this, Hasbro!

Reaction score
I ordered one. Waiting to see if I can find another in the wild. Thanks for the heads up. Waited since seeing ROTJ in a theater to get one.

Reaction score
Thanks jimmii for the heads up! I was able to get one. I haven't purchased much new stuff lately, but this looked to cool to pass up.

Reaction score
I'm sure I once managed to get him behind the controls of the old one but obviously it wouldn't have been comfortable for him

Reaction score
So does anyone think Pote will fit behind that control column?
I seriously doubt it. He is one of those "bigger" figures, and this new skiff isn't that much bigger than the old one. A nice improvement for sure, and a welcome one. But lets not kid ourselves into thinking this is a Limousine, It's merely an upgrade from a pinto to a Cadillac!

Could it have been larger? Probably. Should it have been? Probably not. They had to strike a balance with costs, and what they likely felt the consumer would pay.

Reaction score
They also had to keep in mind that it, somewhat, has to be in relative scale to the Barge. It would have been nice to have a figure or two displayed with it at the show to have a better idea of its scale though.

Reaction score
So double the price is acceptable to you? I'm hoping this will be maximum £50 in the UK.
If it's $39.99 in the US, then it should be no more than £30. But yes we all know this will be £49.99 ($65) in the UK, as usual, we get ripped off.

Reaction score
Some store in the UK has already placed the reservation at £ 40, $ 52, € 46.

For Spain 2 units with shipping I get for £ 46, $ 60, € 55 each

Taking into account that there are two shipments and a customs along the way, it is not a bad price.

And then the BREXIT does not come with any history that bothers the UK / Europe shipments.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it's $39.99 in the US, then it should be no more than £30. But yes we all know this will be £49.99 ($65) in the UK, as usual, we get ripped off.
I'd like to get 2, but I'm waiting to see what the price is. I hope Hasbro gets this here to Europe for a decent price. If not, I'll just get one. This skiff looks great!!!!
I