Tatooine Skiff

Reaction score
You did buy the 85 original, POTF2 wasn’t a new sculpt. Nearly all of the tooling is identical. It’s a testament to how good that original toy was, when a repaint from the factory looked great 15 years later. The controls that operate plank and landing gear are the actual control sticks of the vehicle itself in addition to being an impressive mechanism.

I admit I miss those features on the new skiff. The sand stand is great with the pivoting positions but I’d argue the vintage and its rereleases was a better toy. New skiff is great though.
Depends on if you want to play with the skiff instead of just displaying it.

Reaction score
Had to get a second one of these the other day with the great Amazon double-stack deal. I'm super excited for any more 2nd Skiff guard guys like the rumored 3 pack coming our way with Barada and Taym. It certainly completes the Cartoon scene!

Reaction score
Had to get a second one of these the other day with the great Amazon double-stack deal. I'm super excited for any more 2nd Skiff guard guys like the rumored 3 pack coming our way with Barada and Taym. It certainly completes the Cartoon scene!
I am very eagerly awaiting this three pack, and was thinking it was coming sooner than it apparently is. But we're still like four figures shy of all the skiff guards.

Reaction score
I am very eagerly awaiting this three pack, and was thinking it was coming sooner than it apparently is. But we're still like four figures shy of all the skiff guards.
I have a feeling we’ll see the second skiff guard three pack at ny toy fair. I hope so at least

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lets hope. H
who do you think will be on it?
Well, Stan said it’s Sail Barge Weequay, Taym Daren garen, and an updated Barada. H
then I also heard that instead of Taym it’s Velken Tezeri.
That new Klaatoonian figure with the At-St uses parts from those figures apparently.

Reaction score
As much as I'd like a Taym, I would prefer Velken.
Finish off the prisoner skiff.

Reaction score
You did buy the 85 original, POTF2 wasn’t a new sculpt. Nearly all of the tooling is identical. It’s a testament to how good that original toy was, when a repaint from the factory looked great 15 years later. The controls that operate plank and landing gear are the actual control sticks of the vehicle itself in addition to being an impressive mechanism.
Good point. I misspoke; I think I knew the 2000 Skiff version was the same sculpt as the '85 original, with some improvements re: having battle damage, etc.

I do know that the POTF2 line (1995 - 2000) would typically just re-use the original vehicle sculpts & improve them re: more natural-looking battle damage (paint?!) instead of stickers, more molded-in pieces (TIE Fighter panels). The POTF2 Landspeeder, TIE Fighter, X-wing fighter, Slave 1, etc. were all amazing. This was just a testament to how great the original molds were.

One of the few exceptions was the POTF2 Darth Vader TIE Fighter, which was a completely new & far superior sculpt; the original Vintage version was sub-par in comparison.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Totally! I am 100% behind this. I'll even take a re-release of the previous one... but honestly, a new one would be great. The Sarlacc is the only part I'm missing from my Jabba display. I've been making due with this one:

https://mightyjabba.com/2013/11/18/complete-galaxy-tatooine-with-jedi-luke-by-hasbro/

But I've been meaning to make my own custom.
I'm really glad I got that set back in the day at TRU. I remember it being really pricey, but I had never had a Skiff before and the pit of Carkoon was just too cool to pass up. I'm not crazy about how the design makes the pit elevated, but that's so figures can fall through. The only problem is it doesn't stay in place well and needs to be glued to the insert tabs. I also love that the new Skiff totally evokes and matches the sand and plastic style of the sand base that came with the TRU set. The vac-u-formed sand plastic is pretty fun too - totally retro 80s! It's fragile, but it looks the part. I would love to see other people have a chance at this in some Vintage set or Battle-pack style box.

Reaction score
I just got a detolf and put the Sarlacc pit in it. B) I got this set too when it first came out when I was a much younger man lol.

Reaction score
Definitely planning on picking this up, it’s so perfect looking.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
I may have said this previously, but I found a loose sarlacc at a toy shop for $10 and snatched it up. Not sure the owner knew the value - far more than $10. I, eventually, hope to have a grand, realistic diorama with Jabba's Sail Barge next to the sarlacc, though I doubt this comes to fruition in the next decade.

Reaction score
I may have said this previously, but I found a loose sarlacc at a toy shop for $10 and snatched it up. Not sure the owner knew the value - far more than $10. I, eventually, hope to have a grand, realistic diorama with Jabba's Sail Barge next to the sarlacc, though I doubt this comes to fruition in the next decade.
That's a steal! Did it come with the sand base and/or the vacu-formed plastic sand dunes?

Reaction score
For the folks discussing a 2nd Jabba’s Guards 3-Pk——If you had to pick, would you go with an updated SA Barada or an updated SA Pote Snitkin?

Reaction score
For the folks discussing a 2nd Jabba’s Guards 3-Pk——If you had to pick, would you go with an updated SA Barada or an updated SA Pote Snitkin?
Barada.
All Pote did was drive and die, the most actiony thing he ever did was clapping for Yarna in the Special Edition extended scenes.
The previous figure is still good enough for me.

Of course I'd still prefer someone new from Pote and Barada's skiff over new versions of either of them. Like Yotts Orren.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Barada.
All Pote did was drive and die, the most actiony thing he ever did was clapping for Yarna in the Special Edition extended scenes.
The previous figure is still good enough for me.

Of course I'd still prefer someone new from Pote and Barada's skiff over new versions of either of them. Like Yotts Orren.
I agree with all of this.

Reaction score
Pote, to me, was part of Star Wars figures taking a big step forward. Yeah he's still overly big, but he's an alien so I'm okay with that. But that was the time when the sculpts moved into more movie accurate and honestly the detail still holds up today pretty well.

Reaction score
Def. think Pote needs to be in the line of TVC at some point. He drives the second Skiff, so it would be awesome if they could throw collectors a bone and do him and the yellow jumpsuit guy as well. They seem to be getting more clever at releasing the less popular peg-warming type figures in creative ways, so I hope we get to finish off that Skiff once the 2nd 3pack is out.

Reaction score
I'd pick the guy with the antler helmet.
The problem with most of the remaining palace/barge/skiff guards is that they’re humans and that would require tracking down the actors and having them sign the likeness rights.

Reaction score
Pote, to me, was part of Star Wars figures taking a big step forward. Yeah he's still overly big, but he's an alien so I'm okay with that. But that was the time when the sculpts moved into more movie accurate and honestly the detail still holds up today pretty well.
Is Pote overly big? He looks pretty big in the film. The figure looks fairly proportionate to me, especially on the new skiff (knowing the skiff itself is still under-scaled.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
The problem with most of the remaining palace/barge/skiff guards is that they’re humans and that would require tracking down the actors and having them sign the likeness rights.
No characters beyond the one Tonnika sister has been a likeness issue. For all films beyond ANH, likeness rights are signed away.

Reaction score
No characters beyond the one Tonnika sister has been a likeness issue. For all films beyond ANH, likeness rights are signed away.
Yes and recently the remaining sister (Angela Staines) approached Hasbro about signing the license rights. So we could be finally getting figures of them soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes and recently the remaining sister (Angela Staines) approached Hasbro about signing the license rights. So we could be finally getting figures of them soon.
Dude, that would be an absolute dream! The remaining dream would be Grummgar with Bazine Netal. I need to bump that thread.

Reaction score
Anyone else still holding out on buying these? I had a feeling these would be produced in abundance and lo, Walmarts now have them on shelves with tags to order more.

I'll keep waiting, the POTF 2 Skiffs are sufficient for what I need display wise. I feel the elevated stands would hinder the view of the massive playset/vehicle that is The Khetanna.

Reaction score
Of course this is not an exclusive, and of course Walmart manages to have plenty on the shelves everywhere I go. Still this is a release that I'm happy to buy 2 and at full price with no regrets.

Reaction score
Of course this is not an exclusive, and of course Walmart manages to have plenty on the shelves everywhere I go. Still this is a release that I'm happy to buy 2 and at full price with no regrets.
At least you have them in your area. The one I have came from Amazon. None of my local Walmart stores have these, or really any TVC items in stock.

Reaction score
Picked this up at Walmart out of town today, and cancelled my online order. Can’t wait to open this bad boy up!

Reaction score
Wait. So to produce the figures that Smith Lord Creations does of say Aunt Beru, he would need to acquire the likeness rights?
I'm unfamiliar with Smith Lord Customs, but unless he has a license agreement with Lucasfilm, he technically shouldn't sell licensed characters in bulk. One-off customs is another thing. However, Lucasfilm seems to turn a blind eye to most small-scale customizers.

With official licensees like Hasbro, I think the only issue was background characters from ANH with visible human faces. As I recall, the production had no idea figures would be made of the obscure characters, so they didn't obtain the rights. And I think Angela Staines was the only one who somewhat took issue, though it sounds like she never really cared that much and Lucasfilm/Hasbro was being overly cautious.

Reaction score
I'm unfamiliar with Smith Lord Customs, but unless he has a license agreement with Lucasfilm, he technically shouldn't sell licensed characters in bulk. One-off customs is another thing. However, Lucasfilm seems to turn a blind eye to most small-scale customizers.

With official licensees like Hasbro, I think the only issue was background characters from ANH with visible human faces. As I recall, the production had no idea figures would be made of the obscure characters, so they didn't obtain the rights. And I think Angela Staines was the only one who somewhat took issue, though it sounds like she never really cared that much and Lucasfilm/Hasbro was being overly cautious.
A few weeks ago eBay took down all Star wars customs and repro figures. Because it was on a large scale Chris Smith believes it was Disney/Hasbro that was responsible for it.
Smith Lord Creations figures are still available through the fans strike back website.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I check every single day of my life and there are thousands available and always have been. The “fansstrikeback” store and a few others had their auctions removed, but they all were selling direct Kenner repros. No customs (defined as a fan-assembled or fan-painted figure) were removed.

Reaction score
Ditto! I have no regrets supporting great releases like this at full retail price.

Reaction score
Recently got this TVC Tattoine Skiff.....Wow. I am extremely impressed by this toy. Incredible sculpt - this looks so good, it may as well be a model/prop from the film itself. Really like all of the detail/battle damage, including the nice touch of including a sand "base". Nice.

Though I will definitely still keep my POTF2 2000 Skiff, this new TVC one blows that older one out of the water.