Tatooine Skiff

Reaction score
This, coming from someone who bashes on anyone who wants electronics in vehicles. :hmm:
Dude, you might be thinking of someone else. I've never bashed anyone for liking vehicles with electronics. I've stated that I don't value them for myself, but I've never expressed a negative opinion of those who do.

The only people I've bashed on here in the past, like...decade are those going out of their way to be jerks and MRA types.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I finally got my hands on a Tatooine Skiff today. I opened it up, and putting it together, it was so beautiful I wanted to cry.

I'll still need a second one. Can anyone tell me if they are exclusive to Wal Mart? Will Target be getting them?

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on a Tatooine Skiff today. I opened it up, and putting it together, it was so beautiful I wanted to cry.

I'll still need a second one. Can anyone tell me if they are exclusive to Wal Mart? Will Target be getting them?
It doesn't look likely that Target will get it.

That said, Walmart.com has them up for pre-order with delivery in 2 weeks: http://bit.ly/2LNBIIQ

Reaction score
I really wanted to find one of the these out today in the wild, but my wallet thanks me after everything else I bought. I know they'll be back at retail soon. I actually think a Wal-Mart near me still has them.

Reaction score
Target had them on their website prior to TFF. I'm sure they will have them available before too long.

And for the guys worried about the mintyness of my skiff box... I just wanted to let you know I hand picked a MINT box and there is balance in the universe again. It's so mint that I'm going to pack it into another box and put it in my closet never to see the light of day ever again.

Reaction score
And for the guys worried about the mintyness of my skiff box... I just wanted to let you know I hand picked a MINT box and there is balance in the universe again. It's so mint that I'm going to pack it into another box and put it in my closet never to see the light of day ever again.
WHAT?! I'm as mad as I've ever been! :p

Reaction score
I am very happy with the skiff, such a great piece, was only planning on getting the one but I will definitely be getting a second, hopefully at a discounted price on Amazon or something, but its definitely worth the full price tag

Reaction score
But don't you also get anxious when you have too much choice? When you walk into a store just after they've put stuff out you always celebrate for a moment - then you go insane trying to pick the best paint job out of dozens of options.

Reaction score
Saw the Skiff today, for the first time. Great looking toy, but I didn't get this due to already having the 2000 Skiff (Target Exclusive). Though I know this version is a lot more detailed, I don't have room & couldn't justify this purchase. But, I'm glad it was made for those who want this.

bac

Reaction score
Saw the Skiff today, for the first time. Great looking toy, but I didn't get this due to already having the 2000 Skiff (Target Exclusive). Though I know this version is a lot more detailed, I don't have room & couldn't justify this purchase. But, I'm glad it was made for those who want this.
It's more than more detailed. Everything about the TVC Skiff trumps the 2000 Skiff including size, paint, details, and the fantastic stand. Give into temptation, upgrade, and retire the old one :)

Reaction score
Seriously, pull the trigger, dude. The new one is VASTLY superior. They really knocked it out of the park AND kept it cheap. Like...remarkably so, considering the 100.00 price point of the X-wings.

Reaction score
Agreed. This new skiff is in a completely different league than the POTF2 version.

I bought two on Amazon as soon as they were released. :) They look fantastic next to my sail barge.

Reaction score
But don't you also get anxious when you have too much choice? When you walk into a store just after they've put stuff out you always celebrate for a moment - then you go insane trying to pick the best paint job out of dozens of options.
Haha no way! Variety is the best - I picked out the best Rey out of 3 different stores and returned the others since her paint apps seem to be the most inconsistent. The Lukes are all pretty good, but yet again, I picked the BEST one out of a few. THAT is what the hunt is about. You can find your perfect figure. I don't see that as being too much choice whatsoever. They are still the same wave of figures.

Reaction score
Exactly, that's what the hunt is about. There is something satisfying about waiting for a release and then stumbling on freshly stocked pegs and having the pick of the litter.

Reaction score
Just adding to the positives reviews. Picked mine up for TFF and like all VC vehicles its brilliant, great job by Hasbro.
I promised myself I wouldn't turn this into a Hasbro distribution rant...but ... My local only got 3 in and they sold out instantly... Just saying, Hasbro sure don't make it easy to get their products.

Reaction score
It's more than more detailed. Everything about the TVC Skiff trumps the 2000 Skiff including size, paint, details, and the fantastic stand. Give into temptation, upgrade, and retire the old one :)
I'm not disagreeing with this at all. I like the new TVC Skiff. I just don't have room for this, though may get it anyway - ha ha.

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with this at all. I like the new TVC Skiff. I just don't have room for this, though may get it anyway - ha ha.
Seriously, dude, I am telling you, once you get a load of this, you will seriously consider tossing the 2000 version in the trash, and I say that as someone who can never throw anything away. It is that stark of a difference. There is no point to the previous version anymore. I'm so relieved I never broke the bank on a second one of those, because I would have wasted my money.

Reaction score
Can’t agree more with the above post. My old one is in a tub in the garage. I will probably donate it at some point or sell
at our next garage sale.

bac

Reaction score
Can’t agree more with the above post. My old one is in a tub in the garage. I will probably donate it at some point or sell
at our next garage sale.
Yup. Everything the previous two posts said. You'll kick yourself later for not picking this up while it's still available at stores.

Reaction score
I’m keeping my old ones around just for some diversity. I like having different sizes. But the TVC skiff is one of the prettiest and coolest vehicles in the history of the line. Everyone needs one.

Reaction score
I bought the battle of Carkoon target gift set with the plan to use the skiff and the sarlacc. As soon as I saw the new skiff, I put the potf2 one up on eBay. I always had a special place in my heart for the potf2 skiff because I always wanted the original when it came out but could never find it. But then I saw the new one and ditched the old one immediately!!

Reaction score
The new skiff is astonishingly good, the ONLY thing I'd say in its favour is that it looks more in scale with the barge, because it's smaller, and is also better for a barge display using vintage figures. But apart from that the new one is simply wonderful.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback re: the new TVC Skiff. I may get this, we'll see.

However, I will never get rid of the 2000 POTF2 Skiff. Great toy/sculpt by early 200X's standards - I remember seeing a lot of these @ a Target back in Spring 2000, and being amazed that they were even out (not sure I had read about this online beforehand or not). I especially appreciated this release, given that - as a kid - I had seen the original (now iconic) '85 POTF Skiff @ TRU back in the day, and never had enough money to get this at the time. So, it was great to finally be able to get a Skiff - that was obviously superior to the '85 original re: the new sculpt's details, battle damage, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score

However, I will never get rid of the 2000 POTF2 Skiff. Great toy/sculpt by early 200X's standards - I remember seeing a lot of these @ a Target back in Spring 2000, and being amazed that they were even out (not sure I had read about this online beforehand or not). I especially appreciated this release, given that - as a kid - I had seen the original (now iconic) '85 POTF Skiff @ TRU back in the day, and never had enough money to get this at the time. So, it was great to finally be able to get a Skiff - that was obviously superior to the '85 original re: the new sculpt's details, battle damage, etc.
I solidly respect that. There is no replacing nostalgia. I'm just saying, the new one is a work of art. It's better scaled, more sturdy and functional, and gorgeously painted. It has three removable engine panels, a battle-damaged railing that is interchangeable with a normal one (also included), a better system for holding skiff guard pikes, and a high base that should stand it perfectly over the Sarlacc (though I don't yet have a Sarlacc to test that with).

I join in the calls for a new Sarlacc. Or at the very least, a rerelease of the 2008 one.

Reaction score
$31.99 is such a cool deal. But I can't justify more than the 2 I already got at full price. I'm sure more Skiffs existed in the universe, but it seems Jabba only owned the 2. If the movie were made today, I bet he would have at least 12 and the scene would be like a Mad Max caravan. My intention of my Barge display is his 600th birthday before the events of ROTJ. Being EU, I could have 3-4 Skiffs involved, but it's probably best to leave them to 2.
Great price for anyone on the fence.

Reaction score
Amazon has it on sale right now for $35.99 with a $4 instant clip coupon, so $31.99 before tax. This is effectively 20% off MSRP, which is worse than the current Target $25 off $100 or equal to their $10 off $50, except you don't have to buy any extras to just get this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NDRK4R3/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_9qnNDbDJQJAS5
Thanks for the tip. With all I've spent this week a couple of deals like this helped. Got 25 off poe x wing and 15% off the last 4 figs i needed at barnes and noble. Im gonna need a second job to pay for all of this. Thankfully my wife bought me the Jabba set.

Reaction score
$31.99 is such a cool deal. But I can't justify more than the 2 I already got at full price. I'm sure more Skiffs existed in the universe, but it seems Jabba only owned the 2. If the movie were made today, I bet he would have at least 12 and the scene would be like a Mad Max caravan. My intention of my Barge display is his 600th birthday before the events of ROTJ. Being EU, I could have 3-4 Skiffs involved, but it's probably best to leave them to 2.
Great price for anyone on the fence.
That’s what I’m talking about! I love personal EU displays with weird narratives! I’m working on putting my Barge on a pool table (made to look like the sand dunes) with as many Mad Max skiffs as I can fit!

Reaction score

You did buy the 85 original, POTF2 wasn’t a new sculpt. Nearly all of the tooling is identical. It’s a testament to how good that original toy was, when a repaint from the factory looked great 15 years later. The controls that operate plank and landing gear are the actual control sticks of the vehicle itself in addition to being an impressive mechanism.

I admit I miss those features on the new skiff. The sand stand is great with the pivoting positions but I’d argue the vintage and its rereleases was a better toy. New skiff is great though.