Tatooine Skiff

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have revealed an all new Tatooine Skiff, it's up for preorder on Hasbro Pulse for just under $40. Thoughts on this item?

Reaction score
Based on the main Rebelscum page, it looks like this is already sold out. I'm very happy I got the 2000 Target Exclusive version of the Skiff. It's one of my favorite SW toys.

Reaction score
The price point is incredible. With the TIE and tank being so expensive, I was thinking that something like this would go for over $100. You can get three of these for what I thought one would cost.

Reaction score
Looks incredible and I agree that the price point is great. Will be pre-ordering as soon as it goes up on UK online retailers.

Reaction score
Love the new look! Sounds liken it will even come in a vintage collection box. This is a must buy for anyone that backed the Sail Barge. Can’t wait!!

Reaction score
OHHH YEAHHHHH!!!! I love this, and the news of a Vintage Box makes it even sweeter. My first attempt to purchase had an error, so I literally fell down the stairs running with a different credit card, and scored 2!
Love the new look! Sounds liken it will even come in a vintage collection box. This is a must buy for anyone that backed the Sail Barge. Can’t wait!!

Reaction score
This is the highlight of Toy Fair for me, for sure. Im so glad I didn't cave and purchase any of those old ones and excessive prices. Bummer for those that did.

Grabbed two as soon as they came up on pulse, now its just the waiting game.

Reaction score
Tried ordering 2 from Dorkside. While they were in my cart they sold out. Went back and tried again and got an order conformation. Hope it went through! Wonder how many of the old skiffs will be up for sale now.....

Reaction score
I wonder how this one will be distributed. Surely not Pulse only. What about the internationals?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You would think someone in the Hasbro showroom would have thought to put a skiff guard or Yakface on the darn thing...curious how it compares to the old one scale wise.

Reaction score
Skiff looks amazing and I like the price point. Gotta believe they'll make more available soon. It's a pre-order after all. How can they already have gone through their allotment?

Reaction score
I actually don't see it on Pulse, but it's currently available at entertainment earth and dorkside. It won't be in stores if I remember correctly.
Is this a pulse exclusive or is it coming out to stores?

Reaction score
Hmm. While I don't have access to the old one right now, this new one doesn't seem much bigger. Certainly an improved sculpt but I was hoping it'd be more realistically scaled to fit everyone it's supposed to fit with actual lightsaber swinging room.

bac

Reaction score
Hmm. While I don't have access to the old one right now, this new one doesn't seem much bigger. Certainly an improved sculpt but I was hoping it'd be more realistically scaled to fit everyone it's supposed to fit with actual lightsaber swinging room.
It's scaled to the Barge. If it were too big then two of them would look out of place in front of the barge.

Reaction score
It's scaled to the Barge. If it were too big then two of them would look out of place in front of the barge.
I know but we technically already had that with the old ones. This might have been a good opportunity to put out a more true scale vehicle/playset in its own right.

It's not what they went with. So be it.

Reaction score
Did they say this is an online only item? I don’t see it listed on EE or Dorkside, just on Pulse, where it’s sold out. I don’t mean to be paranoid, but I’d hate to miss out on this.

bac

Reaction score
Did they say this is an online only item? I don’t see it listed on EE or Dorkside, just on Pulse, where it’s sold out. I don’t mean to be paranoid, but I’d hate to miss out on this.
Nowhere does it say online exclusive. Hasbro Pulse is likely trying to get direct orders long before it hits retail in October, for Force Friday.

If it is online only then I'd expect them to be plentiful come release.

Reaction score

Dorkside had the Skiff up for an hour or two this afternoon.

Reaction score
Now that the craziness of today has settled down, I wish I would've pulled the trigger on 2 more skiffs when I had the chance.

Reaction score
Now that the craziness of today has settled down, I wish I would've pulled the trigger on 2 more skiffs when I had the chance.
I was doing family stuff all day and missed ordering them completely. I'm sure they will be back in stock soon.

Reaction score
Holy smokes, this thing is gorgeous. Despite being a (future) barge owner, I wasn't really all that interested in getting a skiff.

But, wow, this thing is too lovely to pass up. Damn you, Hasbro!

Reaction score
Can't decide if I'd be happy with one or want two. I don't really intend to do dioramas, and would need to double up on all of the relevant figures that populate he skiffs that would otherwise be displayed as part of the collection of figures.

Reaction score
This is the highlight of Toy Fair for me, for sure. Im so glad I didn't cave and purchase any of those old ones and excessive prices. Bummer for those that did.

Grabbed two as soon as they came up on pulse, now its just the waiting game.
Me too. I was seriously considering getting one of the old ones but then I figured with the Barge coming they would be foolish to not release some new skiffs.

Reaction score
TBH I'm genuinely surprised that it's new, i just thought they repack the old one and call it a day. Considering their love for repacks, and saving costs. I am pleasantly surprised though, as from what i can tell, it looks pretty darn cool!

Amazing how quick stuff sells when Hasbro puts the effort in...
Agreed, I wonder if the got the hint yet...

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come, and the possibility of getting stuff that has been off the table since Disney.

As for being sold out already, I hope they are on the ball when it comes to restocking. Or we're going to have bunch of unhappy campers, having the only outlet sell out in minutes and to be gone.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Sigh- I had just repainted my 2 old ones for my diorama of the Pit of Carkoon, but now I don't know... maybe I'll see how I feel when they are available in stores!

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
Someone with an existing skiff that has a Toy Fair badge and New York residence needs to take that puppy into the show this weekend and photograph them side-by-side.

Reaction score
I missed the pre-order, but the thing isn't even shipping until October, so I'm not worried about it at all yet. Figure they'll make plenty more. Bet we'll see this hit shelves on Force Friday, that is if Force Friday actually happens and we don't get a repeat of Wookiee Weekend.

Reaction score
This looks amazing! If it doesn't come back in stock I will dive headfirst into the sarlacc that is my tortured soul.

Reaction score
It comes across as rather odd to me that this skiff is priced at $39.99. I say that because if the 20-year-old Tatooine Skiff were rereleased today it would be $39.99 at the least, and 49.99 if it were a store exclusive.
Now, undoubtedly this new Haslab Skiff is much more articulated and finely designed, but at that low a price, I have to wonder what the dimensions will be. I’d love to see the 2 side-by-side if only to compare size.

GNT

Reaction score
It's size looks pretty decent based on the above picture next to the palace diorama. I look forward to this one.

Reaction score
I hope us international collectors will get a chance to purchase this for an acceptable price (in the €75-€90 range) someday.

Last edited: