Target

Reaction score
I'm almost sure that's what's happening, but congrats on getting one Boba! Did you get the almost narcotic thrill when you found it in the aisle?!?

I did...

Kinda... I was shocked to see them, especially since the shelves for some of the other things I was looking to buy for Christmas gifts (Lego Friends, Lego City) were barren.... they were in the "overflow" area...not in the normal SW area...they were at the end of the aisle at the bottom of the half-height shelf... I'm glad I found the whole set and won't have to keep hunting for

Reaction score
Kinda... I was shocked to see them, especially since the shelves for some of the other things I was looking to buy for Christmas gifts (Lego Friends, Lego City) were barren.... they were in the "overflow" area...not in the normal SW area...they were at the end of the aisle at the bottom of the half-height shelf... I'm glad I found the whole set and won't have to keep hunting for
I think it's a combo effort that is creating the lack of availability. First off, he's an extremely popular character and it's a good looking figure. I'm sure some are disappearing because Target employees are grabbing 'em to sell just as I'm sure there are plenty of "regular" customers who are grabbing as many as they can to resell. And then of course there us normal collectors who want one for our own collections and might even grab a second to open/keep carded. All of these things together are what is causing the scarcity.

Reaction score
so the Target employees cant be buying them because they collect huh? They just get them to resell........
OK... nothing personal....I didn't mean to infer that ALL Target employees were resellers... but I have proof that the stockers at my Target are pulling them before they make it to the shelf.
in one instance, I was at a store on Sunday at closing time and noted that there was going to be a re-stock as shelves were pretty bare, so I went in the following morning.... when the doors opened at 8AM..... and noticed the shelves and pegs were full...... but somehow there were figures that I *know* were in the case assortment that were missing from the pegs.....

Are you guys permitted to buy things without putting them out on the shelves?

Reaction score
OK... nothing personal....I didn't mean to infer that ALL Target employees were resellers... but I have proof that the stockers at my Target are pulling them before they make it to the shelf.
in one instance, I was at a store on Sunday at closing time and noted that there was going to be a re-stock as shelves were pretty bare, so I went in the following morning.... when the doors opened at 8AM..... and noticed the shelves and pegs were full...... but somehow there were figures that I *know* were in the case assortment that were missing from the pegs.....

Are you guys permitted to buy things without putting them out on the shelves?
yup, I often peruse the SW shelves while they're being stocked, if there's something I want to buy I grab it then pay for it when I leave in the morning/after noon but I buy for my own collection and if I dont want it I leave it there.

Reaction score
^^ I shouldnt say yup we get them before they hit the shelves, what I mean is I CAN buy them before the store opens, or if I see something get stocked I want I will take it off the shelf and buy it when I leave work for the day

Reaction score
yup, I often peruse the SW shelves while they're being stocked, if there's something I want to buy I grab it then pay for it when I leave in the morning/after noon but I buy for my own collection and if I dont want it I leave it there.
Ahhh....thanks for clearing that up for me..... I kinda figured the overnight crew was stashing them and buying them before the doors were opened for customers. It's a nice perk for you.

Reaction score
Happens all the time at stores in my area....they even admit it.....
I'm not saying it isnt happening but I get tired of people who cant find the items they want blaming "scalpers"........I'm pretty sure 95% of the time you or others cant find something you want is because another collector got to it first be it a "guest" or an Employee

Reaction score
I'm not saying it isnt happening but I get tired of people who cant find the items they want blaming "scalpers"........I'm pretty sure 95% of the time you or others cant find something you want is because another collector got to it first be it a "guest" or an Employee
There are lots of factors. Poor distribution, collectors, which way the wind is blowing, I get it just saying. I don't blame scalpers just saying it happens. You win some you loose some. Target has been the only store doing good on restocking in my area. They have second wave of 6 inch but not of 3.75 yet. All thats left though so far have been Leia and Greedo.

Reaction score
Well a Target I check often hasn't changed for a couple weeks. A Luke, a Sandtrooper with the worst case if pink splotches I've seen in person, and nothing in the stockroom.

Reaction score
Wow, my local Targets haven't gotten a case since early December. Whoever is regionally in charge of the toy depts. here is really really lucky to keep their job.
we havent gotten any new cases either but we also have more Lieas and Greedos then we really ever got cases to support so I think were someones dumping ground. I also saw we now have a Maul that we didnt have yesterday morning so someone is dumping their unwanted here in my store

Reaction score
I wouldn't really say the 6" line got poor distribution. I think it flowed out rather well. It's partly character selection. Although I have Leia and Greedo in hand and think they are great figures. Obviously others don't really think so. The day after Christmas my local target had a bunch of Leia and Greedo on the shelf. I scanned one and it showed some in the stockroom as well. The employee I asked confirmed it was more Leia and Greedo.

I went a little over a week ago, and to my surprise there were only 4 Leia and 3 Greedo figures on the shelf, with nothing out back. So at least in my area they are selling. Just a little slower than the rest.

Reaction score
Austin, Texas metro area has Greedo or Leia. Those are your only Black Series choices. What sucks is that Target used to be the place to pick up all things Star Wars, but I rarely see anything there with a single exception before Christmas when it was obvious a case of BS 6" and some new 3 3/4" stuff like Mara Jade had been unpacked.

Reaction score
All I'm seeing is Leia and Greedo. I think Greedo should be a no brainer for a perfect figure. Han is the other in this series, of course Fett is the most anticipated figure from this series but really Han and Greedo are the ones to be snagged.

Reaction score
Down to just Leia around here. Lots of them...but at least the rest are gone.

Reaction score
Any wave 3 sightings in target yet??
Preorders on cases just shipped a week ago, usually that happens a bit before these start showing up on the retail side of things. It takes time for new waves to get through the logistical chain.

You could always buy a case online and return it to Target and have the "thrill of the hunt" waiting for them to put it on the pegs :rolleyes:

Reaction score
You're not going to buy them all to help your local collectors get the new waves?

Dude you work there, just throw them away! :)

Have an "accident" smashing them so that they have to be put in pilferage...

Reaction score
I've gone from seeing a random single Greedo and Leia to several pegs filled with Han, Leia and Greedo's now. Like 4-6 pegs worth.

Reaction score
my target has about 4 slave Leia's and 3 or 4 greedos........I dont think my store will be seeing any new BS figures for a long while
When will a re-order be triggered, if you don't mind me asking? And is it the same for all Targets?

Sorry in advance if you've answered this a million times. :)

Reaction score
When will a re-order be triggered, if you don't mind me asking? And is it the same for all Targets?

Sorry in advance if you've answered this a million times. :)
Actually I dont know what the reorder number is on these, I've asked others that exact question but no one I ask knows. sorry

Reaction score
Actually I dont know what the reorder number is on these, I've asked others that exact question but no one I ask knows. sorry
One of my local stores got in a case and Boba sold instantly, the rest stayed on the pegs for about a week and a half, then they got in another case of the same wave and again Boba was gone, so I'll have to see how long it takes for another case to come in!!!

Reaction score
Some stores have put the shelf warmer figures on clearance. How does this effect them getting new product? Especially if they all have the same DCPI number. I was under the assumption that once the number goes on clearance, it is no longer stocked.

Reaction score
Some stores have put the shelf warmer figures on clearance. How does this effect them getting new product? Especially if they all have the same DCPI number. I was under the assumption that once the number goes on clearance, it is no longer stocked.
Are they on "Clearance" or marked "As-Is" and being placed on Clearance endcaps? There are stores that will do that (waaaay against policy; makes sense to SW fans, but NOT company protocol). I know the NYC Target does, according to one of my regulars that has a home here and in NY.

Reaction score
a wretched hive of scum and villiany...aka NJ
No, they can always go back and stock AFTER the on hand DPCI have cleared in their system. Basically a reset, wherein lies a loophole where if you can find a Han at one store full price, you return to the clearance store and wait for them to re shelf and when you buy it will ring up clearanced.

Reaction score
Are they on "Clearance" or marked "As-Is" and being placed on Clearance endcaps? There are stores that will do that (waaaay against policy; makes sense to SW fans, but NOT company protocol). I know the NYC Target does, according to one of my regulars that has a home here and in NY.

A friend of mine out in Texas told me about this. So I really don't know, but I assume they were clearance. At least it is good to know they can continue to get stock. I think these stores obviously did it to move the shelf warmers. I need to check my two stores and see what is left. Hopefully they sell down, so I can get me some stormies!

Reaction score
I went to two Targets and both had the wave 2 in back, but total 3 cases had Boba pulled already, so those waiting might be waiting for more warmers. Employees obviously are pulling these first.
Demand to speak to a manager and bring this to their attention