Target

Reaction score
You guys have to realize that if you choose the "In-Store Pick Up" option in the middle of the night when your local store isn't open, and people are in line waiting to buy this product when the store opens, IT'S INEVITABLE that it's going to sell out (especially with a big event day for Star Wars collectors) before a first shift Target store employee(s) gets his or her list to go pull the items at the start of their work day. Simple common sense. Pre-ordering something for in-store pick up during hours where a store is closed DOES NOT mean you "lined up" BEFORE the people who made an effort to physically be there when the store opened, and before store employees started their work for the day. That kind of "logic" is flawed and basically the equivalent of an unrealistic expectation versus reality. Sorry.

Reaction score
Do we know if the carbonized Mandolarian will be restocked? I know Target restocked a few of the exclusive black series figures in the past.

Reaction score
I would assume so. The initial wave of carbonized Sith Trooper on Amazon is sold out, but lists more arriving toward month’s end.

Reaction score
You guys have to realize that if you choose the "In-Store Pick Up" option in the middle of the night when your local store isn't open, and people are in line waiting to buy this product when the store opens, IT'S INEVITABLE that it's going to sell out (especially with a big event day for Star Wars collectors) before a first shift Target store employee(s) gets his or her list to go pull the items at the start of their work day. Simple common sense. Pre-ordering something for in-store pick up during hours where a store is closed DOES NOT mean you "lined up" BEFORE the people who made an effort to physically be there when the store opened, and before store employees started their work for the day. That kind of "logic" is flawed and basically the equivalent of an unrealistic expectation versus reality. Sorry.
Not trying to argue with you but it all depends on the store and situation. Different stores/employees handle things differently which is part of the cause of frustration because there’s no uniform policy of how they handle events like these. My local stores all showed no stock after midnight, despite what brickseek said. So I went to bed. Got up at 4:30am for work, checked again, showed stock in 1 store. Placed an order for pickup, got an email literally an hour later, 2.5 hrs before anyone was let in store saying it was ready for pickup. Picked it up at 6pm

Reaction score
I think a thread on the Fwoosh put it best: Target is Pretentious Red Walmart.
They’re just too big to handle things like this. Period. Hasbro/Disney need to wisen up to how bad big box has treated their SW merch. But they see big box equals big money. Where’s collectors see big box as big eff ups and zero consistency

Reaction score
Honestly it's not that hard people.

All Has to had to do was deliver shippers this week, not weeks ago where it clogs up storeroom space at the start of the holiday season with new workers.

Big labels with street date and like I said a few shippers, aka 4 sided displays stocked already.

Have at least 6 or 8 of each figure and you're golden.

Meanwhile my local walmart got 1 of each BS figure basically, no white boxes and maybe 2 complete TVC sets. Also their display has a huge empty space where the gold 2 packs should go lol.

Hasbro is to blame first and foremost as all the stores had plenty of frozen ready to go lmao

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I hope they get stock in on the 18th. Right now even Targets inventory control system is messed up. I've called a couple of stores that were supposed to have the Carbonite Mando in stock, and they do not even though their own site says that they do.

Reaction score
I hope they get stock in on the 18th. Right now even Targets inventory control system is messed up. I've called a couple of stores that were supposed to have the Carbonite Mando in stock, and they do not even though their own site says that they do.
Dont forget that the stock updates overnight, so at 8am they have 1 in stock and it sells at 8:01am, when you look at noon or whenever it'll likely still show stuck until end of day.

Reaction score
So I called Target today to request a $5 discount for each of the items that are now backordered, and for the inconvenience of them not fulfilling my pickup orders.
The customer service manager flat out said he cannot give me free money!
I said how about you treat your customer right by providing them with the correct service level and providing the items you list on your site as in stock.
I had two $10 gift cards unfulfilled due to the cancellations so I pointed out that I spent over $200 on merchandise and you are talking about giving me free money.
They honestly don’t give a rip about be making their customers feel welcome.
Definitely will think twice before giving my money to Target again.

Reaction score
So I called Target today to request a $5 discount for each of the items that are now backordered, and for the inconvenience of them not fulfilling my pickup orders.
The customer service manager flat out said he cannot give me free money!
I said how about you treat your customer right by providing them with the correct service level and providing the items you list on your site as in stock.
I had two $10 gift cards unfulfilled due to the cancellations so I pointed out that I spent over $200 on merchandise and you are talking about giving me free money.
They honestly don’t give a rip about be making their customers feel welcome.
Definitely will think twice before giving my money to Target again.
$5 per item!?!?! Hahahahahaha

Cmon man. You gotta ask what they can do and usually companies will offer, but they know not to play ball when people come out demanding things.

The items that do fulfill will get you your giftcards and the cancelled pickups are honestly your fault assuming theyd pull release day merch before those who actually showed up.

So glad I dont work retail nowadays. Between this and the funko people, eesh.

Reaction score
$5 per item!?!?! Hahahahahaha

Cmon man. You gotta ask what they can do and usually companies will offer, but they know not to play ball when people come out demanding things.

The items that do fulfill will get you your giftcards and the cancelled pickups are honestly your fault assuming theyd pull release day merch before those who actually showed up.

So glad I dont work retail nowadays. Between this and the funko people, eesh.

Amazon delivers a damaged $13 TVC figure, or delays my shipment, they gladly give $5 in Amazon credit for my inconvenience if I call them.
I ordered over $200 (before Target backed out my orders), yet they balk at a suggested $15 refund....they can kiss my *****.
Glad you don't work in retail either buddy, with attitudes like that its no wonder brick-n-mortar is going the way of the dinosaur...no customer service, just a bunch of ignorant employees who don't know any better...

Reaction score
I'll just throw is here because it is Target related and I don't think it warrants a new thread.

This kind of slipped under my radar, but toysrus.com has relaunched. But, before anyone gets their hopes up it's being "powered" by Target.com. So, anything listed in their shop redirects you to target.com which may or may not even have it as a listing. Seems like it's full of third party seller listings and you usually get a "product not available" page when you are redirected to target.com. Still, something to keep an eye on. Hopefully, it grows into something decent.

News article
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/08/tar...e.html?__source=sharebar|twitter&par=sharebar

https://www.toysrus.com/

Reaction score
Carbonized Mandalorian order new DELAYED AGAIN, expected delivery date of 10/25, Yay Target!

Coz

Reaction score
Target had this big display today. Right in the middle of the store. Not near the toy section. I just happened to go by it. lol. I've been in the store several times looking in the toy section for a Mando. I wonder if this was there the whole time. There was just one rogue off world Jawa in the display. But there were no Jawas in the toy section.

Reaction score
Jeez, would it kill them to put up a little signage in the toy section to advertise to look in the "whatever" section for more Star Wars toys. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
That’s where I purchased my BS 6” on TFF.
Target had this big display today. Right in the middle of the store. Not near the toy section. I just happened to go by it. lol. I've been in the store several times looking in the toy section for a Mando. I wonder if this was there the whole time. There was just one rogue off world Jawa in the display. But there were no Jawas in the toy section.

Reaction score
I had decided not to buy the Mandalorian figures, but after I found the Offworld Jawa early and was able to purchase it, I wanted to go ahead and get the Mandalorian. I had no luck on Force Friday, or in the days thereafter, but a brand new Target on my commute home opened yesterday. So I went in. They had it all - the entire Vintage collection, all of the Black Series figures - except the Mandalorian. Someone else had the same plan as I. :mad:

Reaction score
Have you tried GameStop. Found one there and snagged him mainly to open and I don’t regret it.

QUOTE=Agen_Kolar;20217908]I had decided not to buy the Mandalorian figures, but after I found the Offworld Jawa early and was able to purchase it, I wanted to go ahead and get the Mandalorian. I had no luck on Force Friday, or in the days thereafter, but a brand new Target on my commute home opened yesterday. So I went in. They had it all - the entire Vintage collection, all of the Black Series figures - except the Mandalorian. Someone else had the same plan as I. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Target just cancelled my Mando Carbo order. Luckily I purchased one at the store last week.

Reaction score
Target just cancelled my Mando Carbo order. Luckily I purchased one at the store last week.
Now I'm glad I resorted to ebay. I mentioned this in the Mando thread, about whether or not this was a one-shot deal or if Target would get more in, & the general consensus was to avoid scalpers and wait. Sounds like they're not getting more if they're cancelling orders, and if that's the case, now might be the time to hit ebay before the prices get really ridiculous.

Reaction score
Now I'm glad I resorted to ebay. I mentioned this in the Mando thread, about whether or not this was a one-shot deal or if Target would get more in, & the general consensus was to avoid scalpers and wait. Sounds like they're not getting more if they're cancelling orders, and if that's the case, now might be the time to hit ebay before the prices get really ridiculous.

Target WILL get more. I am sure of it. Look at the Gamorrean Guard, they canceled orders for them too. But stores got more in, and he was very easy to find in the end.

Reaction score
Target WILL get more. I am sure of it. Look at the Gamorrean Guard, they canceled orders for them too. But stores got more in, and he was very easy to find in the end.
I wouldn’t say Very easy. He was easy to find for a bit then Moloch came and Gamorrean disappeared from shelfs. At least near me that’s how it went.

Reaction score
Gamorrean was a steady seller, but eventually people had their fill and started to linger a bit before it went to clearance. In the end I was able to pick up 2 more on clearance. Of course you're mileage may vary, but I'm in an area with lots of collectors.

Reaction score
This is really pushing me to sell mine and the white box variant and wait for restock on carbonized.

I dont care about the boxes haha.

Reaction score
Starting to get nervous about the Carbonized Mandalorian never getting restocked. You'd figure an easy to make/stock item that sells well would be quickly replenished. Unfortunately, toy inventory logic apparently exists in a Lovecraftian parallel universe.

Reaction score
Starting to get nervous about the Carbonized Mandalorian never getting restocked. You'd figure an easy to make/stock item that sells well would be quickly replenished. Unfortunately, toy inventory logic apparently exists in a Lovecraftian parallel universe.
I hope it does restock, but then again they could be treating it like the first edition boxes, but seems unlikely.

Could be shipping delays or whatnot.

Reaction score
Gamorrean was a steady seller, but eventually people had their fill and started to linger a bit before it went to clearance. In the end I was able to pick up 2 more on clearance. Of course you're mileage may vary, but I'm in an area with lots of collectors.
Not really. In my area we only got 1 restock of the Gamorean Guard. They went fast. Heck they never made it to clearance if that tells you anything.

Reaction score
I just found the Yavin Luke wave at my local target. They are on sale with the rest of the black series for $17.99 and if you text "toy" to 827438 you'll get a coupon for 25% off one toy. I picked up two Lukes and one of the rest. Looks like they only had one case out.

Reaction score
I just found the Yavin Luke wave at my local target. They are on sale with the rest of the black series for $17.99 and if you text "toy" to 827438 you'll get a coupon for 25% off one toy. I picked up two Lukes and one of the rest. Looks like they only had one case out.
Nice, Cara Dune is a must from this wave...
What state did you find them?