Target

Reaction score
So much went wrong with that 2010 TVC Sandtrooper figure. Personally, I'm one of those collectors who will always be excited about a new Sandtrooper figure, but that one was hard to get excited for.

1. clean deco didn't work for the character
2. should have been an orange pauldron for the first ever Sandtrooper on a vintage card, the white pauldron just looks a little flat for a single release figure.
3. we finally get a Sandtrooper on a vintage Star Wars card and Hasbro goes and uses a Special Edition photo of the character :mad:
4. on top of that, the reference photo Hasbro chose had the Sandtrooper's face covered up by an accessory that wasn't even included with the toy
5. finally, it was the exact same figure Hasbro had already released a year earlier with the Dewback (they didn't even bother to change up the pauldron color), but this time the figure cost $10

Overall, it just felt like a lazy release from Hasbro.

Reaction score
Three Target stores that I visited in the past few days had varied stock of 6" and 3.75" BS... it appears that the shipping containers are finally making their way to the East Coast....

Reaction score
A couple of Targets I frequent have had a plentiful assortment of these hanging around for over a week, including the Sandtrooper. I'm amazed to see Sandtroopers hanging around, but I'm sure they will sell soon, especially if any kind of Sale happens. When they first hit, each store got one case, and they were gone in a flash, but it looks like a few stores got a restock of two cases and they're just slowly selling now. The 3 3/4 inch stuff on the other hand...Man. Some stores don't even get them because of leftover Phantom Menace TVC.

Reaction score
I have four Target's within 10 miles of my area, all of them are stocking the 6" series. Maul seems to be the hard one to find, the other the are plentiful.

Reaction score
So much went wrong with that 2010 TVC Sandtrooper figure. Personally, I'm one of those collectors who will always be excited about a new Sandtrooper figure, but that one was hard to get excited for.

2. should have been an orange pauldron for the first ever Sandtrooper on a vintage card, the white pauldron just looks a little flat for a single release figure.
3. we finally get a Sandtrooper on a vintage Star Wars card and Hasbro goes and uses a Special Edition photo of the character :mad:
4. on top of that, the reference photo Hasbro chose had the Sandtrooper's face covered up by an accessory that wasn't even included with the toy
5. finally, it was the exact same figure Hasbro had already released a year earlier with the Dewback (they didn't even bother to change up the pauldron color), but this time the figure cost $10

You forgot the biggest problem. It was carried over about 4 or 5 different times. If it was one and done like the far superior MagnaGuard, I doubt we would have reached anywhere near the frustration level we had with this guy. Then the Orange pauldron one was made that showed all the potential that this first release lacked.

Reaction score
Anyone know if Target plans on putting the 6" figures on sale any time soon? Maybe down to 14.99 or so?

Reaction score
I doubt it. If it goes on sale, I'd expect something like $17.99. I'm not so sure about R2 and I don't yet own the Sandtrooper, but the Maul and Luke are definitely worth the asking price.

mec

Reaction score
got maul, wasnt even looking to buy him, but i found him. also got lucky on sandtroopers, but i dont like some of the detail

Reaction score
Anyone know if Target plans on putting the 6" figures on sale any time soon? Maybe down to 14.99 or so?
Maybe I'm way off base here, but at this early stage, I would worry if these figures went on sale. I am truly excited for this line, and I would love to see it offered indefinitely. But a price drop, or sale, this early in the game would seem to expose a weakness in the market for these, right? And as far as I can tell, they are selling briskly (yeah!), and collectors seem excited for them.

As for me, I would love to see this line go to 2020 and beyond! :grin:

Reaction score
Do you reckon its possible for hasbro, between now and wave 2, to also start packing cases with 4 sandtroopers, given the obvious demand?

Reaction score
Maybe I'm way off base here, but at this early stage, I would worry if these figures went on sale. I am truly excited for this line, and I would love to see it offered indefinitely. But a price drop, or sale, this early in the game would seem to expose a weakness in the market for these, right? And as far as I can tell, they are selling briskly (yeah!), and collectors seem excited for them.

As for me, I would love to see this line go to 2020 and beyond! :grin:
Sales don't necessarily mean poor sales. LEGO goes on sale frequently at Target and they aren't hurting. Now clearances on the other hand are bad news.

Reaction score
Do you reckon its possible for hasbro, between now and wave 2, to also start packing cases with 4 sandtroopers, given the obvious demand?
I doubt it, but like I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see "between wave" waves of refresher figures or maybe even repaints just to keep product on the shelves without having to overproduce each wave.

Reaction score

I know several collectors who have quit the Star Wars line within the last few years, primarily because of Hasbro's common practice of reusing the same toy mold and putting it on a new card every few waves. So we end up buying the same figures over and over. I share the frustration, and the 3.75 line wasn't exciting me anymore so I got out for about 2 years. This new 6 inch line has pulled me back in though, and made Star Wars collecting fun again. This 6 inch Sandtrooper is awesome!

Reaction score
I know several collectors who have quit the Star Wars line within the last few years, primarily because of Hasbro's common practice of reusing the same toy mold and putting it on a new card every few waves. So we end up buying the same figures over and over. I share the frustration, and the 3.75 line wasn't exciting me anymore so I got out for about 2 years. This new 6 inch line has pulled me back in though, and made Star Wars collecting fun again. This 6 inch Sandtrooper is awesome!
I had basically every single item Kenner/ Hasbro produced from the original line up through about 2005. And then I quit cold turkey... I just got completely burnt out and it became more of a chore to collect than it was fun. I sold just about everything, and moved on from "collecting Star Wars" into just "enjoying Star Wars" (the original trilogy).

This 6" line has me back though. It is a fresh take on the classic property (like when the 1995 line started)... It isn't overwhelming (at least not yet)... and it has me excited about the releases of main characters once again. I hope it sticks around for quite awhile.

Sallah

Reaction score
The Target I've been talking about, I haven't been there in about two weeks. Well I stopped by tonight and finally the Black Series was there. All four 6 inch were there, and there were eleven of the 3.75 inch hanging. But every one had a hard roll of the card along the right hand side, as you look at the card. Every one from top to bottom had this big curl of the card, with veins in it. Not one of them could pass for a carded collector. I don't know how it occurred but man, I fear they may hang for a while.

Reaction score
I had basically every single item Kenner/ Hasbro produced from the original line up through about 2005. And then I quit cold turkey... I just got completely burnt out and it became more of a chore to collect than it was fun. I sold just about everything, and moved on from "collecting Star Wars" into just "enjoying Star Wars" (the original trilogy).

This 6" line has me back though. It is a fresh take on the classic property (like when the 1995 line started)... It isn't overwhelming (at least not yet)... and it has me excited about the releases of main characters once again. I hope it sticks around for quite awhile.

Sallah
Scary how similar our stories are. I was done with Star Wars collecting until the 6" Black series was released, I just hope Hasbro can keep up the quality and avoid repacks.

Reaction score
I disagree on the repacks. Hard to find figures should be made available again down the road. Stormtrooper comes to mind, as there is no way one per case can satisfy the demand that will come with this figure.

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of the 6" figures around here in Denver. I wonder if they are selling? All 4 have been very easy to get around here.

Reaction score
You could always wipe a booger on the back of a Sandtrooper. If the booger trooper is still there then you would know it didn't sell. If it's gone and a booger-free trooper is there, then you would know the booger guy was bought and restocked. Not that I advocate leaving boogers on toys, but it would work.

Reaction score
My store has 2 R2s and 4 Luke pilots now. We've been getting a case at a time, too. I preordered the Fett and Greedo off of Amazon, just in case these don't sell through between now and November :)

Reaction score
We were selling out of them the day they arrived, and started getting two cases in at once. For a while, all the Sandtroopers and Darth Mauls were selling (enough to get another case sent), but we seem to have hit our limit. Nothing has sold (as far as I can tell) for over a week now. There's even a Darth Maul left. Hopefully something will go on sale before Wave 2 arrives, or I'll probably have to look elsewhere as well.

Reaction score
Looks like Target has them on sale this week. Buy one get one 30% off.

Reaction score
Stupid no edit!..... Appears to be online only. Of course they are all sold out online.

Reaction score
I almost ran out of the store in fear after seeing all 6-in pegs with 1 R2 on each.

Reaction score
Same here...I have seen leftovers from about 5 cases now. Haven't seen Fett or Leia yet.

-Jeff

Reaction score
Saw Greedo at one of my local Targets yesterday...he was the only one left from the case they put out.

Reaction score
Was very excited to go to my Target tonight and find freshly put out TBS 6in figures. What was not so great was to see that they were still wave 1 put out and there was no 3.75 at all. Not even a peg with there name on them. They were under the TVC UPC. My Target sucks

Reaction score
Was very excited to go to my Target tonight and find freshly put out TBS 6in figures. What was not so great was to see that they were still wave 1 put out and there was no 3.75 at all. Not even a peg with there name on them. They were under the TVC UPC. My Target sucks
This sounds exactly like my closest Target, except they've had the same 3 Lukes and the same 3 R2s for the past several weeks. When I bought the 3.75" Vader I had to buy him at the grocery store.

Reaction score
Target off of 101N in Scottsdale, AZ stocked S2, everyone but Fett was present. I picked up Han, what a great figure. No paint issues, none of the joints stick and everything worked great. Can't wait to pick up the other three eventually.

Reaction score
Los Angeles Target had 2 couple lukes, couple r2s and about 8 Maul. Don't forsee wave 2 popping up anytime soon there.