Target

Reaction score
Try this for searching local targets... Just put in zip code when box comes up...

Target Mobile : Expect More Pay Less

Sometimes link fails... Clear out browser and click link again...
How has everyone's success with this been? Sometimes it shows in-stock at my local Targets and I go there and I see nothing on the shelves. I even check the stock with the price checker and ask employees (who also check the backroom) and it keeps showing up as none in the stockroom. I think once it has worked for me, that is how I got R2. The past two weeks though it hasn't been helping.

Reaction score
It can show up in stock, but maybe someone buys it before you get there. Or if someone 5 finger discounted it, the computer would think it was still there. Or someone didn't have the money to buy it, so they hid it.

I just do it the old fashioned way. I walk in and look around. I'd rather trust my eyes than a store employee or a computer.

Reaction score
How has everyone's success with this been? Sometimes it shows in-stock at my local Targets and I go there and I see nothing on the shelves. I even check the stock with the price checker and ask employees (who also check the backroom) and it keeps showing up as none in the stockroom. I think once it has worked for me, that is how I got R2. The past two weeks though it hasn't been helping.
The first store I tried, it didn't work. It kept showing In Stock for a couple days, but they were never on the shelf. My guess is that someone stashed them somewhere in the store.

The second store, it worked great. I noticed this store showing In Stock, so I swung by a couple hours later and found all four figs on the shelf. :)

At the least, it definitely helps narrow down where to look as you can avoid the Out Of Stock locations.

Reaction score
^ BTW, I haven't tried asking employees to look in the back, as I don't want to be "that guy." :) But I've heard that it can work well.

Reaction score
It can show up in stock, but maybe someone buys it before you get there. Or if someone 5 finger discounted it, the computer would think it was still there. Or someone didn't have the money to buy it, so they hid it.

I just do it the old fashioned way. I walk in and look around. I'd rather trust my eyes than a store employee or a computer.
Oh I do it the old fashioned way also! I just like to know if I have more resources at my disposal.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! And I have no shame in being "that guy", haha.
I just can't bring myself to try it. It's bad enough buying this stuff in your forties, but to make a big deal out it like that... Uh, no thanks. :) Best of all is finding stuff at Walmart and using the self-checkout.

Reaction score
I'm 39 and find it easy to get the to look for me. I've had bad luck 1/4 times with these.

Just be nice! If you fail you fail - move on to the next employee.

Reaction score
I think it updates every 24-36 hrs. It has served me well all three times so far. If a store has at least 3-4 figures, they consider the item "In Stock". 1-2 figures and they consider it "Limited stock"

I went two weeks ago, and it told me they were in stock. I got there to an empty shelf, but with the help of an employee, I got the two I wanted from the back room. She then put the other two on the shelf. The next day the locator said limited stock. I'm pretty sure my store has had three or four cases of these come in. Not all at once, but they do seem to replenish quickly. Today I went and found a new case of 4 on the shelf, plus one extra Maul.

Reaction score
I just can't bring myself to try it. It's bad enough buying this stuff in your forties, but to make a big deal out it like that... Uh, no thanks. :) Best of all is finding stuff at Walmart and using the self-checkout.
That's funny!! You make buying SW toys sound like going in and buying old people diapers or something. :)
I don't mind at all, and half the time my SW fanatic daughter is with me so they all just assume I spoil the heck out of her. (which I do!)

Reaction score
^ BTW, I haven't tried asking employees to look in the back, as I don't want to be "that guy." :) But I've heard that it can work well.
I'm 39 and find it easy to get the to look for me. I've had bad luck 1/4 times with these.

^
Exactly, OdinsDad...being nice is key.

I don't usually ask employees unless it's something I really want. I think I've done that more recently looking for the 6" line.
When I ask employees (only at Target though, workers at Walmart usually don't know about toy stuff) to look up stuff, I don't feel like "that guy."
The way I see it, they're there to help, I'm there to give them $$$, and just because I'm an adult (42 to be exact) doesn't mean something's "wrong" with me or whatever.
And to their credit, all of the Target employees I have personally dealt with have been very cool and helpful. They'll even print out a receipt-like paper that gives you all the info of nearby Targets.

A few times I'm sure others have asked the same employee I'm asking and they're like, "Oh yeah the SW 6" figure," but NOT in a condescending way--more like ah, I remember.

The other day I was at Walmart and found a Biggs I wanted. I didn't find/need anything else (i.e. non-toy stuff) and I went straight to the check out and bought my one toy.
Couple of days later I was at Kmart and picked up a Sandtrooper. Again, didn't need anything else and went to the check out where this young, nice looking girl was the cashier.
I only mention her youth and looks because I've read in other threads over the years that some members on here WON'T go to a female cashier, much more a "cute" one, because they're embarrassed for buying toys.

I make no apologies for my collecting to family, friends, strangers, etc. My hobby is mine. I enjoy it and I'm not hurting anyone, I'm not buying drugs (though some may argue the "addiction" :eek: some people have with toys), or alcohol, or whatever.

So ask away! Just be nice and if you have no luck, just thank the employee for their help, and try another time.

Reaction score
Found a set at Target - all $19.99 - bought an extra R2 - left the rest for someone else. All 4 look pretty sharp

Reaction score

Exactly. If you come prepared, with the DCPI number and are nice, it usually gets a good result. The lady I asked ran the number, and took me to the toy department. When the shelf was empty is was HER who said let me see if they are in the back room. She saw they were, and said hold on, I'll go find them for you.

Reaction score
^
Exactly, OdinsDad...being nice is key.

I don't usually ask employees unless it's something I really want. I think I've done that more recently looking for the 6" line.
When I ask employees (only at Target though, workers at Walmart usually don't know about toy stuff) to look up stuff, I don't feel like "that guy."
The way I see it, they're there to help, I'm there to give them $$$, and just because I'm an adult (42 to be exact) doesn't mean something's "wrong" with me or whatever.
And to their credit, all of the Target employees I have personally dealt with have been very cool and helpful. They'll even print out a receipt-like paper that gives you all the info of nearby Targets.

A few times I'm sure others have asked the same employee I'm asking and they're like, "Oh yeah the SW 6" figure," but NOT in a condescending way--more like ah, I remember.

The other day I was at Walmart and found a Biggs I wanted. I didn't find/need anything else (i.e. non-toy stuff) and I went straight to the check out and bought my one toy.
Couple of days later I was at Kmart and picked up a Sandtrooper. Again, didn't need anything else and went to the check out where this young, nice looking girl was the cashier.
I only mention her youth and looks because I've read in other threads over the years that some members on here WON'T go to a female cashier, much more a "cute" one, because they're embarrassed for buying toys.

I make no apologies for my collecting to family, friends, strangers, etc. My hobby is mine. I enjoy it and I'm not hurting anyone, I'm not buying drugs (though some may argue the "addiction" :eek: some people have with toys), or alcohol, or whatever.

So ask away! Just be nice and if you have no luck, just thank the employee for their help, and try another time.
Yeah, I don't have any problem with someone asking employees to pull stuff. More power to them! And going about it politely as you describe would definitely be the way to go. When I said "that guy" I meant the stereotypical derogatory perception that employees might often have of overly-aggressive toy collectors, especially Hot Wheels, Star Wars, superheroes, etc.

We all have our comfort level, and asking employees to check stock is just not within mine. And, yes, I'm one of those who will look for an older, male cashier when buying stuff in hand. I enjoy collecting Star Wars stuff, but do like to keep it "under the radar." I would have bought that Biggs at WM self-checkout and counted it a win-win. :)

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have any problem with someone asking employees to pull stuff. More power to them! And going about it politely as you describe would definitely be the way to go. When I said "that guy" I meant the stereotypical derogatory perception that employees might often have of overly-aggressive toy collectors, especially Hot Wheels, Star Wars, superheroes, etc.

We all have our comfort level, and asking employees to check stock is just not within mine.
Sorry if my post seemed like I was "calling out" those who don't feel comfortable asking or about being collectors.
That wasn't my intention at all. :oops:

Was just trying to say that none of us should be embarrassed. I know some people aren't comfortable, and that's fine.
Whatever lets people enjoy this hobby. :D

Oh, and I totally got what you meant by the "that guy," comment.
I know there are people who get all bent out of shape as you mentioned about SW, Hot wheels, etc.

I've never seen anyone behave "that way" at the store, but one time my wife and I were at Walmart and the cashier who checked us out with our stuff (I had a couple of TVC figures) asked if it was ok to put the figures with the other stuff.
She said that some people had gotten "really upset" when she put them with other items. My wife and I laughed and told her it was ok, that I didn't trip over that with my "toys."

So my post was more to dispel that stereotype by being cordial to the employees.

Good luck in the hunt!

Reaction score
It is interesting to see what left-overs of this wave are out there. One local Target has a Luke, another Target has 2 Maul's, and another one has nothing at all.
I know Sandtrooper is hot, but I'm surprised that R2 is being grabbed so quickly.

Reaction score
Exactly. If you come prepared, with the DCPI number and are nice, it usually gets a good result. The lady I asked ran the number, and took me to the toy department. When the shelf was empty is was HER who said let me see if they are in the back room. She saw they were, and said hold on, I'll go find them for you.
I asked the toyrus and target guy the other day and got the standard " everything we have is on the shelf" answer both times...went to two different kmarts and found everything sitting on the shelves untouched at both locations. Thank you kmart.

Reaction score
It is interesting to see what left-overs of this wave are out there. One local Target has a Luke, another Target has 2 Maul's, and another one has nothing at all.
I know Sandtrooper is hot, but I'm surprised that R2 is being grabbed so quickly.
Around here R2 is all that is being left behind

Reaction score
Sorry if my post seemed like I was "calling out" those who don't feel comfortable asking or about being collectors.
That wasn't my intention at all. :oops:

Was just trying to say that none of us should be embarrassed. I know some people aren't comfortable, and that's fine.
Whatever lets people enjoy this hobby. :D

Oh, and I totally got what you meant by the "that guy," comment.
I know there are people who get all bent out of shape as you mentioned about SW, Hot wheels, etc.

I've never seen anyone behave "that way" at the store, but one time my wife and I were at Walmart and the cashier who checked us out with our stuff (I had a couple of TVC figures) asked if it was ok to put the figures with the other stuff.
She said that some people had gotten "really upset" when she put them with other items. My wife and I laughed and told her it was ok, that I didn't trip over that with my "toys."

So my post was more to dispel that stereotype by being cordial to the employees.

Good luck in the hunt!
It's actually the opposite when I buy toys. I always go to the cute cashier when possible :). I never get a condescending glance or comment. Most of the time I'll get "oh you're a collector, huh?" if any comment at all. When my wife is with me she makes fun of me, saying "Oh yeah these are for him. Not our nephews". The cashiers laugh and sometimes defend me, saying "oh I love Star Wars/Batman/Spider-Man" too. Or "my brother/boyfriend" is really into these also.

When I was in college and younger I was WAY more embarrassed than I am now. I felt like they looked at me like I was stealing a toy from their child LOL. Now I no longer care and get positive vibes. I am in my early 40s BTW.

Reaction score
black series came and went at my local Super Target. Well save for just one R2-D2 still hanging in there. I hope they'll be on the ball more for the next waves

Reaction score
black series came and went at my local Super Target. Well save for just one R2-D2 still hanging in there. I hope they'll be on the ball more for the next waves
Buy the R2 and a new case will magically appear in a day or 2.

Reaction score
Maul is the one I've seen the most here, followed closely by R2. They usually disappear once people realize these figs are there though.

Reaction score
That Target lookup shows them in stock at the Target nearest to me, and over the past several weeks I've stopped by on different days at different times, and not only are they not out, but I haven't even seen the guy that works in the dept. I haven't seen one employee for the toy department this past month to even bother asking them to check in the back, and that's odd. Kinda makes me wonder if maybe they cut back on workers or hours.

Reaction score
That Target lookup shows them in stock at the Target nearest to me, and over the past several weeks I've stopped by on different days at different times, and not only are they not out, but I haven't even seen the guy that works in the dept. I haven't seen one employee for the toy department this past month to even bother asking them to check in the back, and that's odd. Kinda makes me wonder if maybe they cut back on workers or hours.
both.........

Reaction score
I found all four at the Tikahtnu Target in Anchorage, Ak and subsequently purchased all but Maul.

Reaction score
At first, every Target seemed to get one case and they went fast. Like, everything gone in a day or two. Now I'm seeing the restocks and the stores are flipping back into "In Stock". The Targets by me must have had atleast 2 cases out. I picked up R2 and a Sandtrooper to finish the wave. I felt really bad about spending $20 on R2-D2, honestly.

I'm definitely going to get Wave 2 and then I'll probably quit until Vader. These are too pricey for me to be any kind of completist.

Reaction score
But right now at least they are spread out so that the $20 bucks a pop isn't going to be so bad. We're looking at $320 a year plus tax to be a completest. That's less than the price of a cup of coffee a day over the course of a year.

Reaction score
But right now at least they are spread out so that the $20 bucks a pop isn't going to be so bad. We're looking at $320 a year plus tax to be a completest. That's less than the price of a cup of coffee a day over the course of a year.
Seems like way less than I have been paying for the 3.75" line annually.

Reaction score
Targets in my area and really starting to carry these en masse now. Saw 2 complete sets at 2 different stores this morning. One store even put out 3.75"!

Reaction score
I saw nearly a whole box of these on the shelf, two Lukes, one Maul, one R2 and one Sandtrooper. All in great shape. I have to admit I was not going to get any but maybe Boba and Vader. But the Sandtrooper kept calling to me. I was really tempted by Maul too and I am not one that collects PT characters. So I gave in and bought Sandy. I love it, these really are well done! I will no doubt get core Imperials and Bounty Hunters I like from this line from here on out :).

Reaction score
A week or so ago there was just an empty shelf space for these, today they actually had a few. 2 cases worth, both sandtroopers were gone. For once, a sandtrooper isn't a pegwarmer.

Reaction score
Where have you been? The 2010 vintage collection one was a disaster on the pegs.

Reaction score
The 2010 vintage collection may have been a disaster but it certainly wasn't because it was on the pegs - I never saw a majority of the figures at retail to begin with.

Reaction score
In many areas, there were entire pegs *full* of nothing but that sandtrooper. It was one of the bigger bombs of the Vintage Collection line.