Target

Reaction score
Re: Target - TVC Edition

I can imagine all the Target store managers thinking to themselves..."I can't stand it, I can't stand it, I can't stand the emptiness anymore!"
grin.gif

Reaction score

Last time I was there the only thing they had put out at my TARGET was the electronic Lightsabers.

Reaction score

Rama said:
Last time I was there the only thing they had put out at my TARGET was the electronic Lightsabers.

Ditto.

The toy section has been looking pretty bare over the last few weeks. I'm hoping there will be some things put out soon. I keep checking the price scanner to see if they're in stock or not, but as of last week, nothing is. CW, VC...nothing.

Reaction score

DarthKell said:
Rama said:

Ditto.

The toy section has been looking pretty bare over the last few weeks. I'm hoping there will be some things put out soon. I keep checking the price scanner to see if they're in stock or not, but as of last week, nothing is. CW, VC...nothing.

same here Targets by me are so bare that you would think the store is going out of business or something.... the entire action figure isle is empty save for a few Power Rangers figures and a couple of the Deluxe Joes... hoping to see on the 6th the isle loaded with tons of Vintage figures enough for everyone...

Reaction score

Has anyone seen the Vintage collection at Target at all? I've only seen them a couple TRU but TRU is charging $9.99 a figure which is crazy.

Reaction score

cubs2k said:
Has anyone seen the Vintage collection at Target at all? I've only seen them a couple TRU but TRU is charging $9.99 a figure which is crazy.

see posts 7-9 above yours.

Reaction score

Globally these Vintage figures in all stores should cost less than usual. The cards are cheap and flimsy. The bubbles are small so they cant pack that much accessories. Come on Hasbro, $10 for a plastic man on a very flimsy card.

Reaction score

The price at TRU will drop once they really start hitting the shelves at Target and Walmart.

Everyone will be shopping elsewhere and TRU will be forced to give in to the decent price.

No doubt they were given the "exclusive" to start selling these, and they took advantage of the FACT that people would be coming in in droves to buy these because they couldn't wait to get them. Pretty smart IMO, but still a dirty shame they take advantage.

I've yet to see them at 2 Targets I've been at, but I'll worry about that once Aug. 6th is here.

Reaction score

Spotted a Cloud Car at Target this morning. Found pegs for figures, but still empty, but somehow spotted 2 cases of CW Pre Visla wave on an endcap.

Reaction score

Saw the Planogram team resetting toys today at a Target by me. Nothing was put out except the lightsabers nor had it been "grey dotted" for items not in stock. They did have the CW starfighter assortment in the back but didn't bother cuz I'd rather provide sales to my store
grin.gif

Reaction score

Stopped by my local Target after work. It was loaded with new stuff. AT-AT, GH AT-AT, Clone Wars figures, Battle Packs, RC Hailfire Droid, etc. Everything was there except for the Vintage figures and the SL figures.

Reaction score

My local Target (Osage Beach MO) started their reset of the action figure aisle this morning. No idea if they'll put out new figures, but should know by tonight or tomm.

Reaction score

After two days of empty pegs, my Target had fully stocked everything today. I walked away very happy (and much poorer).

Reaction score

DarthAndosMan said:
Rama said:
but should know by tonight or tomm.

They should be OUT by tonight or tomorrow

Well they only added the non-electric lightsabers to the electronic ones and then just called it a night at 3 in the afternoon. There was like nothing in action figure aisle. They took everything down and didn't replace it with anything.

Reaction score

Rama said:
DarthAndosMan said:
Rama said:
but should know by tonight or tomm.

They should be OUT by tonight or tomorrow

Well they only added the non-electric lightsabers to the electronic ones and then just called it a night at 3 in the afternoon. There was like nothing in action figure aisle. They took everything down and didn't replace it with anything.

Well tomorrow i'm going out and getting my figures (LIKE HASBRO SAID!) and if there is nothing then i'll be PO'ED

Reaction score

1 Target-sign saying new stuff coming soon
second Target- sign saying do not stock Star Wars until Aug. 6th....grrrrr

Reaction score

Many of the ones in Illinois are reset but have single figs and comic packs at 75% off.

Reaction score

Target in South Orlando had all figures (legends & vintage) and vehicles (AT-AT was gone before I got there but shelf space was marked).

Reaction score

DarthFonzie said:
Many of the ones in Illinois are reset but have single figs and comic packs at 75% off.
They have any of the Utapau Comic Packs hanging around??

Reaction score

Question for you guys that have found new stuff at Target- I realize it will vary by location, but how many cases of the vintage figures does it look like they're getting? Is it all CW and Legends with only one peg for the Vintage figs again?

Reaction score

geenine said:
Question for you guys that have found new stuff at Target- I realize it will vary by location, but how many cases of the vintage figures does it look like they're getting? Is it all CW and Legends with only one peg for the Vintage figs again?

Well I counted 10 Vaders on the pegs and he's double packed (I think?) So the Target I went to seemed to have gotten 5 cases. But there was only half the amount of pegs compared to the CW and SL.

Reaction score

My local Target had a PDQ of Legends on an endcap, but nothing on the shelves.....

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. That ratio sounds better than it's been for a while.

Reaction score
Target stash

Went to Target in San Diego last week and pegs were clear with signs saying that new product would be coming soon. Went again yesterday (Saturday) and they had the vintage stuff out. I'd estimate 3-4 cases had been put out of each figures and vehicles. I counted 3 snowspeeders, four lukes, 3-4 of all other figures, but only one boba fett. Nice to see the new stuff out, I went ahead and loaded up my basket.

No AT-AT though. They had the sign and pricing for the AT-AT, but no stock. Employee i talked to said that they hadn't received any AT-AT's yet. He said they had had this stock in the back, and had been waiting for a specific date to put it out on shelves, then a few days ago they had received the green light, so the stock had been on shelves for just a few days.

I picked up some good stuff, but will have to go back for the AT-AT, and cloud car. I may wait for the classic packaged snowspeeder to come out and get doubles, that's a classic toy from my childhood. The new Transformers and GI Joe product was also out. Always great to go out looking for stuff and actually find it. The toys look pretty good, love the classic style packaging.

Reaction score
Target on-line and DCPI\'s

Just ordered my AT-AT and Galactic Heroes AT-AT over at Target.com with FREE shipping for qualifying orders over $50.00. I tried to order the Cad Bane Speeder Bike, but it is not a "qualifying" product for FREE shipping and Target wanted to charge me like $4.00 to ship it, so I skipped it...I can pick it up later...My order should be here Friday and without the hassle of the lazy Summer Target college kids at my local stores who are REALLY slow on this latest reset and seem not to care (why should they?). I can't be bothered by trying to chase these down and will get these AT-AT's shipped to my door to save some gas!

But if you want to check your stores for any new items here are the DCPI's:
087-06-1351 - Vintage Collection Basic Figures ($7.99)
087-06-1335 - Saga Legends Figures ($6.99)
087-06-1339 - Clone Wars Basic Figures ($6.99)
087-06-1401 - Galactic Heroes ($6.99)
087-06-1402 - DLX Figure and Vehicle ($16.99)
087-06-1345 - Star Wars Battle Packs ($24.99)
087-06-1347 - Starfighter Assortment ($24.99)
087-06-1497 - RC Hailfire Droid ($59.99)
087-06-1503 - AT-AT ($99.99)

Reaction score
Re: Target on-line and DCPI\'s

Everyone, don't be afraid to ask an employee to check the back for new product if it doesn't show anything in the backroom on the scanner. My store has a full pallet of Star Wars that isn't located in the backroom to be set and stocked tomorrow. Plus, tomorrow's truck is the weekend replenishment which is "usually" the biggest truck for the week. Don't lose hope.

Reaction score

Hopefully TRU will drop their prices now that Target's $7.99 is known.

My local Target had completely empty pegs, gray stickers on all, but the pegs were there at least! I scanned one of the Vintage peg-tags and it said none in the back. Could be they had a pallet ready to go for later, or not. I forget exactly what the gray stickers mean.

They DID have the new Deluxe out, and Transformer Crossovers, and leftover blue-box vehicles (2 tanks, 2 Anakin fighters) along with roleplay weapons and a few Force Battlers.

Reaction score

Went to one of our Target this morning.I picked up Dack and the AT-AT commander.Funny the the vintage Fett was gone.They only had the remains of the clone wars figures.I finally saw the AT-AT in all its glory.I am going to wait on it though.I hope that Target.com will have a deal like they did last year.I got the Turbo tank from Target.com for 63 bucks.

Reaction score

Target has the new Battle packs on sale for $19.99 at least by me.

Reaction score

Went to Target and asked them to find the snowspeeder with the DPCI number. She wasn't going to do it but since I had the number, she was more willing. On my receipt, the price for it was marked down from $24.99 to $19.99...not sure why?

Reaction score

Could be a temporary price cut? Hopefully, that might be the case for figures when they first come out.

Reaction score

Battle packs in the new blue packaging are also 'temporarily price cut' to $19.99. Might bite on that Hoth Assault one.

Reaction score

Just got back from one of our Targets, it was reset, most of the figures were picked over, I picked up a Han, a Vader and a C-3PO, they had the snowspeeder and the AT-AT, I am waiting for Vintage packaging for those.

I probably looked like I did when I was six staring at the pegs with this packaging, I could not help but have a smile from ear to ear. In line another guy my age looked at my hands and smiled then asked to just take a look at them. My bet is he went back there and bought a few himself. This was a genious move by Hasbro.